What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (4 Viewers)

Bruno Fernandes: biggest diver in the EPL, or biggest diver of all time? It's like peak Davor Suker and man-down-in-the-Champions-League Drogba had a child and sent him to Neymar's summer camp for training.

Last edited:
Flipped on Feyenoord/Ajax mainly to watch 19-year old Newcastle loanee Yankuba Minteh play. Ajax is dreadful and currently on the receiving end of a 6-0 drubbing. It’s just kind of shocking.
Ajax's biggest loss in 97 years.... yikes
I just looked at the table yesterday...was surprised to see Ajax had fought their way to 5th or 6th, given their abysmal start

Liverpool had looked like they could score at will...but somehow lacked the will? Lots of weirdly USMNT decisions in and around the box.

Full credit to MU- those goals were absolute class and now they look the more likely to score more

Bruno Fernandes: biggest diver in the EPL, or biggest diver of all time? It's like peak Davor Suker and man-down-in-the-Champions-League Drogba had a child and sent him to Neymar's summer camp for training.
I admit he does go down very easy. But of all time? No where near that.

Sterling comes to mind. Ashley Young? Salah went through a diving period too. I am sure there are well worse than Bruno.

I watched parts of the game. Mainoo looks to be a star in the making. Kambwala looked like he has some potential at CB. Would like to see him get a run of games and if Martinez comes back, partner the two.

They will need a holding MF. Casemiro is on the downside for sure. And a left back. AWB isn't one.

3 debatable PKs against MU in 2 games.

Liverpool should have wrapped it up early but outside Salah they do not have a true goal scorer. Too many misses out of the rest of the team for their shots.
Heard someone say United had a 1st half xG of 0.0. I hear that's no way to go through life.

Sterling comes to mind. Ashley Young? Salah went through a diving period too. I am sure there are well worse than Bruno.

I had a picture on my wall at work with Young photoshopped onto the promo poster of the film Falling Down for a reason

I had a picture on my wall at work with Young photoshopped onto the promo poster of the film Falling Down for a reason
When he first joined United he had some fantastic dives. I can still see one or two from the side of the box where we just flew over the defender like he was Greg Louganis. It was embarrassing really. United was still good and that was not needed at all.

RM gives up a goal to City that I would expect to see United do, not Real Madrid!

Goals everywhere!

And Davies misses the return leg vs Arsenal via accumulation.

5 goals in the first 18 minutes across two CL games today.

I missed 4 of them switching back and forth ...
Paramount has a multicast.
Leeloo Dallas has a multipass

And a lack of goals since....
I have no idea what this means.
Ha, sorry, just a 5th Element Reference (meant to entertain myself.

No goals since turned into 4 more goals....

Last edited:
Wrexham v Stockport
Is League 2 the same as the C'ship? Top two auto up, and next four fight for the third spot?

Would be a hell of a story for Wrexham to get to League One so fast.
Google tells me this: The top three teams are promoted automatically from League Two, with teams finishing between fourth and seventh competing in a play-off in the same format as the Championship and League One.

Just watched City v RM.

RM are so good going forward... But it's rough watching them. Every single tackle on them- fair or foul- they're in a heap with multiple players yelling and whining at the ref. Every tackle they make- fair or foul- it's never a foul to them.. and they're yelling and whining at the ref. I was getting stabby watching it.

Did Haaland even play? I know the answer... Just been shocking seeing how little he's been doing against decent teams.

Graelish was getting gang raped all game... And after every hack, they'd be in his face on the ground as if he had dived.

Interesting discussion regarding the Gabriel handball incident yesterday

Tuchel says the referee lacked courage to whistle an obvious penalty. Others appeal to common sense and the mythical “Rule 18”
Whoa. Obvious handball and wtf was Gabriel thinking?

Interesting that the BM players just go with what the intent was (what Gabriel was thinking) as a time wasting tactic and aren't freaking about the obvious handball.

Tuchel says the referee lacked courage to whistle an obvious penalty. Others appeal to common sense and the mythical “Rule 18”

Interesting that the BM players just go with what the intent was (what Gabriel was thinking) as a time wasting tactic and aren't freaking about the obvious handball.

I think Kane and Gnabry look like they are appealing for a handball penalty immediately when Gabriel h picks up the ball.

I think Kane and Gnabry look like they are appealing for a handball penalty immediately when Gabriel h picks up the ball.
Yeah - it was pretty obvious at the time they were appealing for a Pen. I was expecting to at least hear there was a VAR review - but nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread