What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

I was scrolling through twitter as Arsenal fans were upset at not getting the Saka PK while BM fans were posting about the handball non call.

According to Tuchel: "Speaking after the game, Tuchel said to TNT Sports: "I think the referee did not have the courage to give a deserved penalty today in a bit of a crazy and awkward situation.
“He admitted on the pitch that he saw the situation and that quarter-final is not enough for him to give a penalty, for a kid’s mistake. He admitted he saw the mistake the player made.
“It was a goal kick, the goalkeeper passed to a central defender and one touched the ball with the hand because he thought it was not in game but it was in game and the referee admitted it was in game and was handball. Very frustrating.”

That's crazy for the ref to say.

I was scrolling through twitter as Arsenal fans were upset at not getting the Saka PK while BM fans were posting about the handball non call.

According to Tuchel: "Speaking after the game, Tuchel said to TNT Sports: "I think the referee did not have the courage to give a deserved penalty today in a bit of a crazy and awkward situation.
“He admitted on the pitch that he saw the situation and that quarter-final is not enough for him to give a penalty, for a kid’s mistake. He admitted he saw the mistake the player made.
“It was a goal kick, the goalkeeper passed to a central defender and one touched the ball with the hand because he thought it was not in game but it was in game and the referee admitted it was in game and was handball. Very frustrating.”

Probably worth noting those are Tuchel's words (translated into English) so likely a bit of a gap between that quoted statement and whatever the referee actually said.

Probably worth noting those are Tuchel's words (translated into English) so likely a bit of a gap between that quoted statement and whatever the referee actually said.
Perhaps. Still, if the actual quote from the Ref is close to this, absolutely unacceptable for him to say and not call a PK there.

They're gonna have absolute bedlam in Leverkusen. Supporters are already climbing over barricades and spilling onto the pitch at 4-0 with 10 minutes to play. Security is completely overwhelmed before its even started.

It's been an odd season in the EPL, but is there a more Jeckyl and Hyde team Chelsea? Every now and then it all clicks and they look like a CL team again... And most of the time it doesn't and they look solidly mid table.

So glad CP got the hell out of there.

It's been an odd season in the EPL, but is there a more Jeckyl and Hyde team Chelsea? Every now and then it all clicks and they look like a CL team again... And most of the time it doesn't and they look solidly mid table.

24 scored and 15 conceded in their last 7.5 games. Its like riding on a crazy circus train week in and out. Prior to today CFC had scored at least 2 and conceded at least 2 in 7 consecutive games. Even at 4-0 at home against Everton I feel like its far from settled and anything could happen.

Yeah. It's nice to see CP getting all the support and game time he's gotten this year in Milan, but I can't help but think he'd fit in beautifully on the left side in this Chelsea squad too. He's honestly exactly what they're missing in their attack right now.

Dortmund now up 3-2 on aggregate over Atletico Madrid. If this holds, it could play an important part as to whether England or Germany get the 5th champions league spot next year.

Users who are viewing this thread