What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10th Annual Chess Tournament: Joffer wins 1st place (1 Viewer)

Sand said:
He makes it look easy - mostly because he's incredibly clear with explanations.  He's also the most sanguine person I've ever seen about the clock.  "Yes, I am looking at Bb7 here and there is 10 seconds on the clock to respond to GM Hikaru.  Maybe I should go ahead and play this move here..."  Blows me away.

I believe he's the most watched chess person on Youtube.  For good reason - he really excels at teaching.
Yep. Easily the best teacher. 

Though the GMs probably smoke him in actual play. He's to chess like Butch Harmon or Dave Stockton are to golf. 

Any chess players here play blitz games?  I've been playing chess for 35 years, and for the last 10 years have mostly been playing blitz chess - 3 minute games or less.  I like being able to finish a game quickly.

Any chess players here play blitz games?  I've been playing chess for 35 years, and for the last 10 years have mostly been playing blitz chess - 3 minute games or less.  I like being able to finish a game quickly.
Yes find me on lichess- timschochet

I like 5 minutes but will play 3

This seems the most appropriate place for this. It seems the Niemann Carlson imbroglio has gone nuts. It has even crept into mainstream news, Elon's tweets, etc. This is easily the best take on the whole situation:

So, if I ever start a band it will definitely be named Poopchute Stockfish. :lmao:

I basically got nothing done at work yesterday just watching YouTubes about the controversy.

Users who are viewing this thread