What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (2 Viewers)

Team A gives Owen Daniels and the #26 rookie pick

Team B gives Donald Brown

* Team A already had Vernon Davis and Finley

10 team PPR

Team A gives Owen Daniels and the #26 rookie pickTeam B gives Donald Brown* Team A already had Vernon Davis and Finley10 team PPR
You would think Owens could get more than that, let alone throw in a rookie pick.
I agree that Brown has been underwhelming, but you are talking about a TE who is coming off a lost year on a team that is becoming more of a running team. That's pretty much where his value is at. And rightfully so.

I agree that Brown has been underwhelming, but you are talking about a TE who is coming off a lost year on a team that is becoming more of a running team. That's pretty much where his value is at. And rightfully so.
Daniels had an average of six catches for 68 yards per game and two TDs in the final month. I think he's on his way back.I think his absence was also the reason they became more of a running team as since they didn't have a viable 2nd option to Andre Johnson, who was subsequently double/triple teamed, they ran the ball more.I'm bullish on Daniels and if that's what he fetches I think he's a hold.

Team A received: Sidney RiceTeam B received: Welker/2013 1st
This has to be PPR.People are squirrely about Rice's knee, huh?
I thought it was his hip, but not squirrely at all. Welker will outscore Rice by himself the next couple of years and the 1st rd pick is for the age difference. Rice could stay in a bad situation in Minnesota because they are trying to sign him to a long term deal, or he could become a unrestriced FA if a new CBA is signed. Even if he does you can't ignore the hip. Welker should be pretty good in PPR league for a few years and the pick could be a high one by 2013.

Team A received: Sidney RiceTeam B received: Welker/2013 1st
This has to be PPR.People are squirrely about Rice's knee, huh?
I thought it was his hip, but not squirrely at all. Welker will outscore Rice by himself the next couple of years and the 1st rd pick is for the age difference. Rice could stay in a bad situation in Minnesota because they are trying to sign him to a long term deal, or he could become a unrestriced FA if a new CBA is signed. Even if he does you can't ignore the hip. Welker should be pretty good in PPR league for a few years and the pick could be a high one by 2013.

Hip, yes. All indications I've heard (from my admittedly limited sources) are that his hip is fine.I guess at this point in their respective careers, I'd be more inclined to roll the dice on Rice's upside. This specific trade is a fair one for both sides though.

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
Welker should be pretty good in PPR league for a few years and the pick could be a high one by 2013.
:unsure:
Replacing an owner's aging WR with a younger, better version is probably not the best way to increase the value of their future 1st rounder.
It depends on how much value you place with Rice and his future. I certainly see no reason why Welker can't equal Rice in the next 2 years in a PPR league and the 1st rd pick is a bonus. If Welker = Rice or is better, then I don't see how trading Rice helps decrease the value of the 2013 pick ;) Let's not forget that Rice's body of work is minimal, his health is a question mark, and who knows who his future qb will be.

12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 plus a WR/TE flex

Trade 1

A gives:

Flacco

Celek

Hardesty

B gives:

BJGE

Danario Alexander

Vince Young

Trade 2

A gives:

SJax

BJGE

Gronkowski

C gives:

Spiller

Starks

Graham

12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 plus a WR/TE flexTrade 1A gives:1.42.4FlaccoCelekHardestyB gives:1.12.9BJGEDanario AlexanderVince YoungTrade 2A gives:SJaxBJGEGronkowskiC gives:SpillerStarksGraham
First trade Team A wins by a landslide. 2nd trade seems about right, although I'd prefer the youth side.

Am I crazy for valuing L. McCoy more than L. Fitzgerald? I ask because an owner in my league couldn't believe that I turned down a trade there, straight-up.

Am I crazy for valuing L. McCoy more than L. Fitzgerald? I ask because an owner in my league couldn't believe that I turned down a trade there, straight-up.
I never understood people that react that way. If he thought you were so nuts for turning it down, why would he offer it?

I never understood people that react that way. If he thought you were so nuts for turning it down, why would he offer it?
Exactly. Now it seems he's debating offering Fitz and the 1.2 rookie pick. I just have a very hard time trading a 22 year old PPR stud in a great situation.

Exactly. Now it seems he's debating offering Fitz and the 1.2 rookie pick. I just have a very hard time trading a 22 year old PPR stud in a great situation.
Don't be silly. Fitzgerald and the 1.2 for McCoy? In PPR? Take that deal if he offers it.
Not wanting to derail the purpose of the thread, but I'm not sure its as cut-and-dry as that. McCoy seems like one of those few nearly un-trade-able players. Notice that I said nearly, because this would be great value, and I haven't officially received this offer yet. Its basically Fitz + Green/Ingram/Jones for McCoy, which at first glance is a no-brainer. Especially since I'd be sending McCoy to our league's Siberia, where it couldn't come back to bite me...no talent on that team outside of Fitz and his potential draft picks.But McCoy is a virtual guarantee to put up top-5 PPR RB numbers, while Fitz QB situation remains unstable and the 1.2, while it is a GREAT lottery pick to have, is still just a lottery pick, and depends on situation also.Especially since my other RB's are Forte and Stewart. I'm comfortable with them, but I would be much more comfortable with them behind McCoy in a league where I can start 3 RB's.

Don't be silly. Fitzgerald and the 1.2 for McCoy? In PPR? Take that deal if he offers it.
Not wanting to derail the purpose of the thread, but I'm not sure its as cut-and-dry as that. McCoy seems like one of those few nearly un-trade-able players. Notice that I said nearly, because this would be great value, and I haven't officially received this offer yet. Its basically Fitz + Green/Ingram/Jones for McCoy, which at first glance is a no-brainer. Especially since I'd be sending McCoy to our league's Siberia, where it couldn't come back to bite me...no talent on that team outside of Fitz and his potential draft picks.But McCoy is a virtual guarantee to put up top-5 PPR RB numbers, while Fitz QB situation remains unstable and the 1.2, while it is a GREAT lottery pick to have, is still just a lottery pick, and depends on situation also.Especially since my other RB's are Forte and Stewart. I'm comfortable with them, but I would be much more comfortable with them behind McCoy in a league where I can start 3 RB's.
I'd shoot down the straight up trade too, but I'd be all over Fitz and the 1.2. In a heartbeat before he comes to his senses.

I would give McCoy and a late 1st for Fitzgerald. Different strokes for different folks. I apparently am in the minority.

I would prefer the Welker/1.13 side of the S Rice trade but think it was fair for both teams. I really doubt that is a high 1st rounder next year.

Another trade in that league was 1.13 for A Boldin.

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/Flex

Team A gave: 1.04, 1.05

Team B gave: RB Jahvid Best, WR Emmanuel Sanders, WR Danario Alexander

This league drafts rookies before the NFL draft happens

I would prefer the Welker/1.13 side of the S Rice trade but think it was fair for both teams. I really doubt that is a high 1st rounder next year.
It's not the 1.13, it is a 2013 1st rd pick in addition to Welker and that pick could be a high one 2 years from now.
I'm impressed you can predict teams success that far out.
I'll just chalk your post up as not really reading my post. Big difference between "Could be" and "will be" ;)

It's not the 1.13, it is a 2013 1st rd pick in addition to Welker and that pick could be a high one 2 years from now.
I'll just chalk your post up as not really reading my post. Big difference between "Could be" and "will be" ;)
If you actually thought that you would have just said a 2013 pick.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense :lol:
Lol

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FlexTeam A gave: 1.04, 1.05Team B gave: RB Jahvid Best, WR Emmanuel Sanders, WR Danario AlexanderThis league drafts rookies before the NFL draft happens
Same League...Team B Gave: WR Reggie Wayne, WR Jordy Nelson, WR James JonesTeam C Gave: 1.02Team B is the same team in both deals
I suppose Team B is in a rebuilding mode, but he's giving away a lot of talent in order to attempt to dominate the top of the draft.

Alot? I like the 1.2 way more than that crap
maybe "alot" was a stretch, but I think Reggie Wayne and Jahvid Best are very valuable. I do know than many are down on Wayne due to age concerns (from a few pages back in this thread), but I don't feel 32 is old for a WR and he finished as WR3 last season. Best was the No. 2 or No. 3 pick in most drafts last season, and I'm a believer in his talent level. Before injuries ruined his season, he showed he can play at this level.The other pieces aren't building blocks but Sanders, Nelson and Jones all have high upside and have opportunity coming their way in the near future.

What is "team B" actually keeping? Does dumping all these players give him the roster space to keep other guys?

This deal just went down in one of my leagues.

Team A gave

QB Josh Freeman

Team B gave

WR Marques Colston

Rookie Pick 3.06

2012 1st Round Pick

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/FlexTeam A gave: 1.04, 1.05Team B gave: RB Jahvid Best, WR Emmanuel Sanders, WR Danario AlexanderThis league drafts rookies before the NFL draft happens
Same League...Team B Gave: WR Reggie Wayne, WR Jordy Nelson, WR James JonesTeam C Gave: 1.02Team B is the same team in both deals
I suppose Team B is in a rebuilding mode, but he's giving away a lot of talent in order to attempt to dominate the top of the draft.
Even after those trades Team B still has...Matt SchaubKevin KolbAhmad BradshawFrank GoreJonathan StewartPierre GarconDeSean JacksonBrandon MarshallHakeem NicksSteve Smith (CAR)Mike WallaceChris CooleyThe team was loaded before and after these trades

Even after those trades Team B still has...Matt SchaubKevin KolbAhmad BradshawFrank GoreJonathan StewartPierre GarconDeSean JacksonBrandon MarshallHakeem NicksSteve Smith (CAR)Mike WallaceChris CooleyThe team was loaded before and after these trades
That roster makes those deals even better (I liked them before). Knowing he moved Best and Wayne, both of whom may not have been starters, and got some youth out of it really improves his team, IMO.

That roster makes those deals even better (I liked them before). Knowing he moved Best and Wayne, both of whom may not have been starters, and got some youth out of it really improves his team, IMO.
Wayne isn't a starter? lol you guys overreact too much. He's only averaging 95 catches, 1300 yards and 9 tds over the past 4 seasons. Oh and he plays with Peyton Manning in a passing offense. Oh and he's only 32 with probably five or 6 years left, 3 of which should be elite production seasons.

When you have a roster like that, you can take some chances with picks. Well done, IMO.

Yes I like the moves a lot. I am the guy who acquired Best. Feel he could be a monster in PPR and I desperately needed RB's. But overall I love what he did with his team.

12 Team PPR

Team A gave:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Shipley, Jordan CIN WR

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.04

Team B gave:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Rice, Sidney MIN WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.12