What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Someone just sold Steve Johnson really low in Zealots, right?

Dallas Cowboys gave up:Johnson, Steve BUF WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 5.10Chicago Bears gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.05
Yes, and Steve Johnson should be a "sell high" player if anything.Johnson went for the 1.11 and Anthony Armstong in one of my leagues this offseason.

Dallas Cowboys gave up:Johnson, Steve BUF WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 5.10Chicago Bears gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.05
Yes, and Steve Johnson should be a "sell high" player if anything.Johnson went for the 1.11 and Anthony Armstong in one of my leagues this offseason.
Both awful trades. Johnson is worth more than any rookie WR not named Green or Jones this year.

Question for you guys. I'm in a standard scoring, non-ppr, all TDs 6pts, 12-team league. The league has been together with the same owners for 11 years but this upcoming season our normal re-draft league is switching to a 2-keeper league (so this isn't quite a dynasty league).

I plan on keeping Jamaal Charles but cannot decide between keeping Peyton Manning or Greg Jennings? If I keep Manning, the next time I pick I will be looking at pairing him with the WR17 (a player in the Maclin/Marshall/Britt range). If I keep Jennings, I will be pairing him with the QB8 (Romo/Ryan/Roethlisberger range). Whom would you keep between Manning and Jennings? and would your answer change if this was a re-draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you guys. I'm in a standard scoring, non-ppr, all TDs 6pts, 12-team league. The league has been together with the same owners for 11 years but this upcoming season our normal re-draft league is switching to a 2-keeper league (so this isn't quite a dynasty league).

I plan on keeping Jamaal Charles but cannot decide between keeping Peyton Manning or Greg Jennings? If I keep Manning, the next time I pick I will be looking at pairing him with the WR17 (a player in the Maclin/Marshall/Britt range). If I keep Jennings, I will be pairing him with the QB8 (Romo/Ryan/Roethlisberger range). Whom would you keep between Manning and Jennings? and would your answer change if this was a re-draft?
We have a place for these types of questions -.-

Whatever... are dynasty trade questions that much different?

Whatever... are dynasty trade questions that much different?
There's typically not very many questions asking for help in here. This thread is to mostly gauge value on players, ask why one trade was made, and to bash each other on bad trades :)

Someone should have their Fantasy Football GM card revoked

PPR leagueteam A gave up Thomas, Pierre NOS RBteam B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.07
Surprised someone would give the 1.07 for Pierre. He's been nearly untradeable in all my leagues, even the Ingram owners have shown no interest in acquiring him.
Congrats to the guy getting the 1.07, I have Thomas on the block in my league we will see if I can fetch anything near that.

FFPC $1250 PPRTeam A gives Jonathan Stewart, Deangelo Williams, Desean Jackson, 2012 1st (likely top 3), Dustin Keller (1.5 PPR for TE, start 1-3 TE)Team B gives Lesean McCoy and Greg Jennings, 2.03 rookie (Kyle Rudolph), 7.06 rookie and 2012 7th rounder (16 player keeper / 20 man in-season rosters, so 7th rounders may have "some" value due to vets adding extra value)
Give me Team B's haul in a landslide
I tend to agree, but I think its actually closer than it may seem. I was Team A in the deal by the way and fully expect to get hammered by public opinion (all hammering welcomed and encouraged). Based on name value, the side getting Stew would seem to be living a dream. But looking at startup value:Lesean McCoy is arguably the #1 player in PPR format with a 2 RB minimum (in this case, up to 4 RB in the starting lineup). He's been taken there in more than one startup I've seen. I personally have him in the top 5, not sure where exactly at this time, but quite possibly at #1. Jon Stewart is being taken anywhere from the early 3rd to late 3rd. In the upcoming two FFPC $750 startup drafts in June/July, I would predict that Stew will be taken around the 4.3 (due to bumping of TEs and the fact that Stew gets a bad rap in the FFPC community) Deangelo is a late 5th early 6th kind of guy right now, with Carolina now presenting a realistic possibility (affecting both Stew's and Deangelo's production in 2011). In the FFPC, its even worse. I couldnt trade him away for the 1.6, 1.7 or 1.8 during the recent rookie draft for this league. I predict he'll go at 6.6. Greg Jennings is being taken in the early to middle 2nd round based on recent startups (which is about right for the FFPC as well). Desean Jackson in the late 2nd to mid 3rd in most startups. I am predicting 3.5 for the FFPC drafts. The 2.3 (Kyle Rudolph) is being taken just behind Dustin Keller and both will probably be taken in the 8th or 9th rounds of the FFPC drafts (minor edge to Keller). Basically, this could look like this in from a startup view: Typical PPR startup draft (assuming 1.5PPR TE): 1.5, 2.3, 9.7 for 3.3, 3.4, 5.12, 9.3, Prime 2012 1stMy prediction for the FFPC startups this year:1.3, 2.2, 9.7for 3.5, 4.3, 6.6, 9.3, Prime 2012 1stStill a landslide? Don't get me wrong, I still like the side getting Stew from a value standpoint (due to the Prime 2012 1st), but I think its closer than a landslide. Personally, with a lot of money on the line for a team that could very well win it all in 2011 (and would now be the favorite to do so), I had to consider the redraft value of the deal as well and in my opinion, the McCoy/Jennings side has that won by a hefty margin. In the end, that carried the day. In order to trade for an impact player such as a CJ3, McCoy, Charles or ADP in this league, this is about the cheapest that one of these players can be had.
Give me McCoy and Jennings (Wake me up when Stewart actually lives up to the hype as he killed me in 2 dynasty leagues last year)

Gonna get beat up on this one I'm sure.12 team PPR FFPC Dynasty Traded Peyton Hillis RB, CLE Montario Hardesty RB, CLE Leonard Hankerson WR, WAS Kendall Hunter RB, SFO Rnd 5, Pick 62012 Draft, Rnd 3 (Another teams) FORDarren McFadden RB, OAK David Gettis WR, CAR Keiland Williams RB, WAS Rnd 3, Pick 9Rnd 4, Pick 4I then traded 3.09 and Keiland Williams for 3.07 to draft Titus YoungAnd traded 4.04 and Mohamed Massaquoi for 3.05 to draft Jacquizz RodgersSo the trade would now look likeTraded Peyton Hillis RB, CLE Montario Hardesty RB, CLE Leonard Hankerson WR, WAS Kendall Hunter RB, SFO Mohamed Massaquoi WR, CLERnd 5, Pick 62012 Draft, Rnd 3 (Another teams) FORDarren McFadden RB, OAK David Gettis WR, CAR Jacquizz Rodgers RB, ATLTitus Young WR, DET
You must not have noticed I already posted your trade earlier in the thread though without the write up that followed.Thanks for stealing Young from me.

12-team PPRTeam A: SSmith (NYG), MSWTeam B: Britt, JFord
Someone must really hate Britt because Wow an injured Smith who may never be right again and a MSW who is a FA and played like garbage last year for yes a knucklehead but aren't most of the stud WR's that way ? Plus Ford as a throw in.This one is a TKO in the 1st round.

16 team .5 PPR for RB, 1 PPR for WR with full IDP and heavy defensive scoring

Team A gave 2011 pick 1.08, 2012 1st round pick

Team B gave Chris Johnson RB

Team A lost the championship game in 2010. Trade made with 1.08 on the clock after first 7 picks were: Green, Ingram, Newton, Jones, Daniel Thomas, Leshoure, Ryan Williams.

16 team .5 PPR for RB, 1 PPR for WR with full IDP and heavy defensive scoringTeam A gave 2011 pick 1.08, 2012 1st round pickTeam B gave Chris Johnson RB Team A lost the championship game in 2010. Trade made with 1.08 on the clock after first 7 picks were: Green, Ingram, Newton, Jones, Daniel Thomas, Leshoure, Ryan Williams.
:lmao:

16 team .5 PPR for RB, 1 PPR for WR with full IDP and heavy defensive scoringTeam A gave 2011 pick 1.08, 2012 1st round pickTeam B gave Chris Johnson RB Team A lost the championship game in 2010. Trade made with 1.08 on the clock after first 7 picks were: Green, Ingram, Newton, Jones, Daniel Thomas, Leshoure, Ryan Williams.
Awful.

Non-pprTeam A: Rodgers, FitzgeraldTeam B: Rivers, Crabtree, Bradshaw
Tie, but im not nearly as high on Crabtree as others.
I will take Rodgers/Fitz. One "down" year for Fitz and people are bumping his value down way too much.
I own Fitz in one of my 4 dynasty leagues. I would jump at the chance to get Bradshaw and a WR like Steve Johnson for him. I offered him all around my league last season right up until last month and couldnt get close to that fro him.I think he could put up 1200/10 if they bring in a good QB, but i think his days of 1400/12 are over. I dont think Kolb is Warner, they still dont have a #2 WR near as good as Boldin to take away some coverage. Its just a completely different team than it was a couple/few years ago.

I will take Rodgers/Fitz. One "down" year for Fitz and people are bumping his value down way too much.
I own Fitz in one of my 4 dynasty leagues. I would jump at the chance to get Bradshaw and a WR like Steve Johnson for him. I offered him all around my league last season right up until last month and couldnt get close to that fro him.I think he could put up 1200/10 if they bring in a good QB, but i think his days of 1400/12 are over. I dont think Kolb is Warner, they still dont have a #2 WR near as good as Boldin to take away some coverage. Its just a completely different team than it was a couple/few years ago.
You would jump at the chance to trade him for two players with one top season each? Players who each carry significant risk. I get that Fitz probably won't return to the statistical numbers he put up with Warner, but he just put up 90/1137/6 with likely the worst quarterbacking in the league. If he gets a Kolb/McNabb/Orton etc., I see no reason he isn't back in the neighborhood of 100+ catches/1300+ yards and 10+ TD's.

I own Fitz in one of my 4 dynasty leagues. I would jump at the chance to get Bradshaw and a WR like Steve Johnson for him. I offered him all around my league last season right up until last month and couldnt get close to that fro him.
But Crabtree isn't like Steve Johnson.

Made a couple trades today, rookie draft is tomorrow. 12 team dynasty IDP PPR. Had a lot of good LBs, desperate at WR.

Trade1

received:

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.08

gave up:

Greenway, Chad MIN LB

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick

Trade2

gave up:

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Anderson, James CAR LB

received:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10

Steve Smith was a throw in for me, would have had to cut some guys after the draft & he was on the bubble.

'Go deep said:
'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
'Go deep said:
'humpback said:
I think it's a pretty fair deal as well. I love Fitz, but we have no idea what the QB situation is going to be like in Arizona. Even if Kolb is a "lock" to end up there, he's not a lock to be great (or even very good). If they don't fix their QB situation and SF does, the difference between Fitz and Crabtree could be minimal in a couple of years. I do like Rodgers more than Rivers, but I don't think the difference is huge- Rivers is a stud as well.Team A had no #2 RB (Ronnie Brown), while Bradshaw was the #3 RB for team B (start 2). I think it made sense for both, although it helps team B more IMO.

'Andy Dufresne said:
'JAK Straw said:
Awful.
I got Mendenhall in a similar deal my 1.09 + my 2012 1st round pick and I was happy...I couldn't even imagine getting CJ in that type deal that be insane though I tried for Ray Rice 1st and failed.Why would someone sell CJ so low ? Before he blew up with L-White still sucking away his TD's someone in my league fetched 2 1st round picks and a Tony Romo before he was the superstar he is now so I can't understand his value going down.

I think it's a pretty fair deal as well. I love Fitz, but we have no idea what the QB situation is going to be like in Arizona. Even if Kolb is a "lock" to end up there, he's not a lock to be great (or even very good). If they don't fix their QB situation and SF does, the difference between Fitz and Crabtree could be minimal in a couple of years. I do like Rodgers more than Rivers, but I don't think the difference is huge- Rivers is a stud as well.

Team A had no #2 RB (Ronnie Brown), while Bradshaw was the #3 RB for team B (start 2). I think it made sense for both, although it helps team B more IMO.
But what if Arizona fixes their QB situation and San Fran doesn't? Or what if they both do? Fitzgerald is light years ahead of Crabtree in terms of talent.

12 team ppr. All tds 6 pts.

Start 1qb. 2rb. 2wr. 1te. 1k. 1d/st

Team a offered Deangelo Williams and TB Mike Williams to

Team b for Calvin Johnson

Team b countered with Calvin Johnson for

Knowshon Moreno and TB Mike Williams

Team a accepted the counter offer.

12 team ppr. All tds 6 pts.Start 1qb. 2rb. 2wr. 1te. 1k. 1d/stTeam a offered Deangelo Williams and TB Mike Williams toTeam b for Calvin JohnsonTeam b countered with Calvin Johnson forKnowshon Moreno and TB Mike WilliamsTeam a accepted the counter offer.
Give me Calvin

'Andy Dufresne said:
'Go deep said:
'Go deep said:
'humpback said:
I own Fitz in one of my 4 dynasty leagues. I would jump at the chance to get Bradshaw and a WR like Steve Johnson for him. I offered him all around my league last season right up until last month and couldnt get close to that fro him.
But Crabtree isn't like Steve Johnson.
Alot of people have Crabtree ranked as high or higher.

'Go deep said:
'Go deep said:
'humpback said:
You would jump at the chance to trade him for two players with one top season each? Players who each carry significant risk. I get that Fitz probably won't return to the statistical numbers he put up with Warner, but he just put up 90/1137/6 with likely the worst quarterbacking in the league. If he gets a Kolb/McNabb/Orton etc., I see no reason he isn't back in the neighborhood of 100+ catches/1300+ yards and 10+ TD's.
I know Fitz had terrible QB's last year, but he did set a career high in targets, so things wernt all bad. People are assuming a decent/good QB is all Fitz is missing, but im not so sure. It will certainly help, but its not the only thing different from when Fitz was putting up 1400 yard seasons. Teams are still going to be focusing their attention on him without a good WR on the other side or a good running game. Also, i dont value players based on how many good season they have had, but on how many I think they are going to have. The fact that Bradshaw and Stevie have only had one good season doesnt mean much to me...other than they are just getting started.

'Go deep said:
'Go deep said:
'humpback said:
I know Fitz had terrible QB's last year, but he did set a career high in targets, so things wernt all bad. People are assuming a decent/good QB is all Fitz is missing, but im not so sure. It will certainly help, but its not the only thing different from when Fitz was putting up 1400 yard seasons. Teams are still going to be focusing their attention on him without a good WR on the other side or a good running game. Also, i dont value players based on how many good season they have had, but on how many I think they are going to have. The fact that Bradshaw and Stevie have only had one good season doesnt mean much to me...other than they are just getting started.
I think that if they do get a QB upgrade then there might be more hype and up the compensation in a Fitz trade. It might be a case of selling a bit low right now with a chance at getting a little more later or, at worse, the same thing.

I think it's a pretty fair deal as well. I love Fitz, but we have no idea what the QB situation is going to be like in Arizona. Even if Kolb is a "lock" to end up there, he's not a lock to be great (or even very good). If they don't fix their QB situation and SF does, the difference between Fitz and Crabtree could be minimal in a couple of years. I do like Rodgers more than Rivers, but I don't think the difference is huge- Rivers is a stud as well.

Team A had no #2 RB (Ronnie Brown), while Bradshaw was the #3 RB for team B (start 2). I think it made sense for both, although it helps team B more IMO.
But what if Arizona fixes their QB situation and San Fran doesn't? Or what if they both do? Fitzgerald is light years ahead of Crabtree in terms of talent.
SF has already made moves to improve their QB situation- they have an entirely new coaching staff (including QB "guru" Harbaugh) and traded up to get a QB in the draft. Arizona has done nothing as of today. They most likely will do something there, but we'll have to see what happens.Fitzgerald is certainly more talented than Crabtree, but I don't think he's light years ahead. I'd still take Fitz over Crabtree easily, I'm just saying the difference may only end up being a couple of points per game. Crabtree only has a season and a half under his belt, he should get better even without better QB play (which I expect them to get as well).

Time will tell how this plays out, but I think Bradshaw can easily make up the difference between Fitz and Crabtree (of course, Rodgers vs. Rivers has to be factored in as well, but I'm high on Rivers so I don't think that is a huge downgrade).

I think that if they do get a QB upgrade then there might be more hype and up the compensation in a Fitz trade. It might be a case of selling a bit low right now with a chance at getting a little more later or, at worse, the same thing.
It's all going to depend on who they end up with. Everyone is assuming Arizona is going to get a QB, we all hear the Kolb rumors, so the possibility of that happening is going to be factored into his trade value. From what I'm seeing, he's being valued somewhere between his stud seasons with Warner and his mediocre one with garbage at QB last year, which makes sense. I don't think anyone is expecting only 1100 and 6 for the next 5 years.

Team A gives Brandon Marshall, Mark Clayton

Team B gives Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards

14 team PPR IDP league... Who won the trade??

Team A gives Brandon Marshall, Mark Clayton Team B gives Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards 14 team PPR IDP league... Who won the trade??
I'd rather have VJax than head case Marshall, and I'd rather have Braylon than Clayton by a lot. To me this one is an easy win for team A.

I'd rather have VJax than head case Marshall, and I'd rather have Braylon than Clayton by a lot. To me this one is an easy win for team A.
I dont like Marshall, but he is a PPR beast. I can see prefering Edwards to Clayton, but i wouldnt rather have Edwards by a lot over a 2nd string kicker.

I dont like Marshall, but he is a PPR beast. I can see prefering Edwards to Clayton, but i wouldnt rather have Edwards by a lot over a 2nd string kicker.
People discount Edwards way too much. He was 904 and 7 last year, good for WR21. Since his rookie year he's had 884-1289-873-680-904 yards, and the 680 was because he changed teams midseason. He's never had a top QB throwing to him. Your 2nd string kicker hyperbole is nonsense.Oh yeah, and Clayton's BEST season was 935 and 5, and that was 5 seasons ago. He hasn't topped 695 since.

As for Marshall, I'd take VJax all day every day. Marshall will soon enough wear out his welcome in MIA and I don't expect his run of great target totals to last. Gut feeling on that one. Jackson is a year older but IMO has so much more staying power. And unlike Marshall, he scores TDs and gains yards rather than collecting 86 catches for less than 12 yards per (and Marshall's 3 TDs last season doesn't cut it either).

People discount Edwards way too much. He was 904 and 7 last year, good for WR21. Since his rookie year he's had 884-1289-873-680-904 yards, and the 680 was because he changed teams midseason. He's never had a top QB throwing to him. Your 2nd string kicker hyperbole is nonsense.Oh yeah, and Clayton's BEST season was 935 and 5, and that was 5 seasons ago. He hasn't topped 695 since.

As for Marshall, I'd take VJax all day every day. Marshall will soon enough wear out his welcome in MIA and I don't expect his run of great target totals to last. Gut feeling on that one. Jackson is a year older but IMO has so much more staying power. And unlike Marshall, he scores TDs and gains yards rather than collecting 86 catches for less than 12 yards per (and Marshall's 3 TDs last season doesn't cut it either).
What is it with this word "hyperbole", do you guys talk like this in real life? Relax man, i was just being a little sarcastic. Point being is a guy who is averaging 800 yards and 5 TD's over the last 3 seasons isnt really favored by a lot over another player considering his numbers are fairly easy to replace. I guess if he ended up in SD i could see getting a little excited about him, but otherwise, he is very meh.

As far as Marshall and VJax, i hope you are right, i own Jackson and not Marshall in dynasty leagues. Marshall is also an example of why i dont play in PPR's. However, Marshall has always been an idiot, yet he continues to outscore Jackson in regular leagues, and even more in PPR's. I am more concerned with Jackson leaving SD than i am with Marshalls off field issues. Again, i hope you are right about Jackson, its certainly possible, but if i had to bet a million bucks on which one would score more points in PPR leagues over the next 3 years i would have to go with Marshall.

What is it with this word "hyperbole", do you guys talk like this in real life? Relax man, i was just being a little sarcastic. Point being is a guy who is averaging 800 yards and 5 TD's over the last 3 seasons isnt really favored by a lot over another player considering his numbers are fairly easy to replace. I guess if he ended up in SD i could see getting a little excited about him, but otherwise, he is very meh.
Hyperbole is when you exaggerate to make a point, which is what you were doing, though above you call it being 'sarcastic.' Yes, I use the word. And I'm quite relaxed thanks. Disagreeing with you has nothing to do with being relaxed or not. If you want to simply average the last 3 seasons for Edwards feel free, but that's not very useful IMO. As I said in my post, the 680 yard season was due to changing teams mid year. Ignore that fact if you wish, but it matters. To me he's a 900 yard, 6-8 TD guy with run of the mill QBs, and if he lands in a spot with a good QB he'll do much better. WR21 has value; if you don't think so I really have no response except to have you look at year end stats again for the last few seasons and remember that 900/7 receivers don't grow on trees. I guess some people just don't like the guy and that's fine. And I'll still be relaxed.

Hey Go Deep, I wrote the above post with a smirk and was having some fun with you. Please don't take it wrong. Just having some fun.

Hyperbole is when you exaggerate to make a point, which is what you were doing, though above you call it being 'sarcastic.' Yes, I use the word. And I'm quite relaxed thanks. Disagreeing with you has nothing to do with being relaxed or not. If you want to simply average the last 3 seasons for Edwards feel free, but that's not very useful IMO. As I said in my post, the 680 yard season was due to changing teams mid year. Ignore that fact if you wish, but it matters. To me he's a 900 yard, 6-8 TD guy with run of the mill QBs, and if he lands in a spot with a good QB he'll do much better. WR21 has value; if you don't think so I really have no response. I guess some people just don't like the guy and that's fine. And I'll still be relaxed.
So would you say "i would take VJax all day, every day" is hyperbole?

Also, i get it, you like Edwards, just throwing my opinion out there, although im sorry i did it now.

Hyperbole is when you exaggerate to make a point, which is what you were doing, though above you call it being 'sarcastic.' Yes, I use the word. And I'm quite relaxed thanks. Disagreeing with you has nothing to do with being relaxed or not. If you want to simply average the last 3 seasons for Edwards feel free, but that's not very useful IMO. As I said in my post, the 680 yard season was due to changing teams mid year. Ignore that fact if you wish, but it matters. To me he's a 900 yard, 6-8 TD guy with run of the mill QBs, and if he lands in a spot with a good QB he'll do much better. WR21 has value; if you don't think so I really have no response. I guess some people just don't like the guy and that's fine. And I'll still be relaxed.
So would you say "i would take VJax all day, every day" is hyperbole?

Also, i get it, you like Edwards, just throwing my opinion out there, although im sorry i did it now.
Nah, don't be sorry. You post good posts. Keep it up man, this place needs you and I appreciate you!Yeah, I like Edwards more than a lot of posters I see here, not just you.

Users who are viewing this thread