What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2012 Official Philadelphia Eagles Post Mortem Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Whole team is pretty much in shambles. The O-line stinks. Our offense has no consistency. Defensive line has disappeared and our secondary appears at times to be abysmal. Add in some special teams and inept coaching and we have a 3-3 team. I hope the players/coaches don't listen to the media much b/c nothing good will be said about anyone.

This team is a lot closer to rebuilding mode then a Super Bowl.

Well that was bull####. Worst playcalling Ive seen in a long time. Great way to go into a bye. We're going to hear about Foles for 2 weeks now.
And now 2 weeks in a row the defense gave up a 4th Q lead. Now that they've lost at home to the Lions, its safe to say no game is gimme. Not Washington, not Dallas, not NO (MNF).

Juan defense....its a standard defense, no pressure, nothing. Its getting overlooked though by the medias hard on for vick hating

Whole team is pretty much in shambles. The O-line stinks. Our offense has no consistency. Defensive line has disappeared and our secondary appears at times to be abysmal. Add in some special teams and inept coaching and we have a 3-3 team. I hope the players/coaches don't listen to the media much b/c nothing good will be said about anyone.

This team is a lot closer to rebuilding mode then a Super Bowl.
Is this 3 weeks in a row now without a sack?

Juan defense....its a standard defense, no pressure, nothing. Its getting overlooked though by the medias hard on for vick hating
Yeah, his whole idea of simplifying things has made it way too easy to predict. No blitzes, nothing. Just 4 guys rushing, 7 guys in coverage. So keep an extra guy in to chip Babin or Cole and wait for someone to get open. Or if you have someone like Calvin, just wait for them to turn around.

Was just looking at Foles' college numbers, does he have what it takes to eventually be a top QB or do we need another in next years draft?

I'm not throwing this season away yet, but here's the remaining schedule - see if you can find 7+ wins:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG

I am really frustrated with this team and am happy to have 2 weeks away from them. This is not the team I thought it was in the offseason.

Was just looking at Foles' college numbers, does he have what it takes to eventually be a top QB or do we need another in next years draft?
Well there aren't a ton of top QB prospects next year. They probably won't be able to trade up to get Barkley perhaps they could try to get Tyler Wilson but I'm not really sure you want Bray or Geno Smith. But this is why they are in rebuilding mode and it could get ugly. They won't be high enough to get a top QB prospect. The new coach will want his guy but will he have enough time to scout Foles or a QB in the draft?

I'm not throwing this season away yet, but here's the remaining schedule - see if you can find 7+ wins:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
there is 7.has any team ever had 3 straight games where the opponent had a game-winning FG attempt in the final 10 seconds or OT?

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
there is 7.has any team ever had 3 straight games where the opponent had a game-winning FG attempt in the final 10 seconds or OT?
So that gets them to 7-9. I meant 7 wins from the remaining schedule to get to get to the 10 or more required to make the post-season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there aren't a ton of top QB prospects next year. They probably won't be able to trade up to get Barkley perhaps they could try to get Tyler Wilson but I'm not really sure you want Bray or Geno Smith. But this is why they are in rebuilding mode and it could get ugly. They won't be high enough to get a top QB prospect. The new coach will want his guy but will he have enough time to scout Foles or a QB in the draft?
Any notable free agents?Shady and our receiving corp is young but still alot of holes elsewhere, I wonder if we plug the holes or blow it up.This assuming Vick doesnt find a time machine and go back 2 years.

I'm not throwing this season away yet, but here's the remaining schedule - see if you can find 7+ wins:Atlanta@NO (MNF)Dallas@WashingtonCarolina@Dallas@TBCincinnatiWashington@NYG
It is a very tough schedule but not impossible. Falcons coming off the bye along with the Eagles, I've learned never to bet against Reid after the bye. That said, it will obviously be a difficult game and they probably don't win. Saints will be tough b/c Monday night in NO with Vitt back will be tough. NFL did Eagles no favor with 4 teams off the bye then having to go to NO for prime time game, crowd will be pumped and Vitt will do wonders for the Saints. Divisional games are always tough and a toss up. Dallas is hit or miss, WSH seems to be up and down this year, and PHI already took game 1 from the NYG. Carolina isn't very good this year but they could turn it around by then. Tampa Bay will be tough at home but they aren't very good. And you never know what Cincy will give you but they seem like a team who will give Eagles trouble. Mainly a big RB, a top end WR, and a solid defense. All that said, its tough to predict the rest of the season especially after an Eagles loss. Either they'll regroup or fold but this team could easily win 7 games or easily lose 7 games remaining.

TBH...I'm getting more pissed about this schedule. Simply wrong to play so many teams coming off of byes. Eagles don't even get that advantage coming off of their own bye since Atlanta will be coming out of one also.

Eagles didn't actually play all that bad a game today. Vick gets charged three turnovers again, but the fumble wasn't on him, and I'm OK with throwing an occassional pick 40+ yards downfield. Offense still struggling to find a rythm, but they played better overall today. Detroit played it's best game of the season to date...imagine that...coming off a f@%$^@& bye.

It is what it is...this team could easily have been 5-1 going in, but most thought 3-3 more likely, and were praying for 4-2. If that O-line can gel even a little bit over the bye, the offense will play much better and this team could easily still go on a run.

oh, i missed the TB game. they should win that unless the kicker nails one from 75 yards.

and yes, i think they win the MNF game in NO.

Any notable free agents?Shady and our receiving corp is young but still alot of holes elsewhere, I wonder if we plug the holes or blow it up.This assuming Vick doesnt find a time machine and go back 2 years.
Joe Flacco is the only QB of note that isn't under contract next year. I highly doubt they let him walk it is more just a case of true market value and I'm sure after what he is putting up this season, the Ravens will cave quickly. Not sure about some QB's contracts in terms of anyone possibly getting cut (although not sure you'd want a player who was cut anyways). One QB situation which could be interesting is Flynn in Seattle. Not sure if they can release him after this year or what value they'd want in return but he'd be someone who'd be better than a rookie QB. Also haven't looked at who needs a QB. Jac., Buf., Cle., KC, and Ari. will probably look for QBs and perhaps teams like NYJ, Dal., Oak, or even Ten. might look for a QB. That is why players like Ponder go in the first round b/c they aren't first round talents but more teams need NFL QBs then QBs exist.

This team and record starting to sync up finally. They could easily be 2 - 4, 1 - 5. Get rid of Reid and Vick please and maybe I can get excited about this team again.

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Every single one of these games is winnable. Every one of them. NO could be tough if they get it together, and Atlanta is a tough nut to crack, but its at home after the bye. Washington is still suspect on defense, Dallas is a Jekyl and Hyde team, and we've already beatent the Giants once (and seem to have their number for some reason) I bolded 7 games I can easily see Philly winning.

TBH...I'm getting more pissed about this schedule. Simply wrong to play so many teams coming off of byes. Eagles don't even get that advantage coming off of their own bye since Atlanta will be coming out of one also.
Yeah, last year they had to fly cross country on a short week to play in perhaps the hardest place to play in the NFL in Seattle. Now, 4 games against teams off their byes. 4 is ridiculous. Then, they got no favors with NO on a Monday night game (which will be twice as loud compared to a 1:00 Sunday game). That will also be Vitt's first game at home and their first game home since last week. The Saints alone isn't bad but combined with everything else, they got screwed this year.

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Every single one of these games is winnable. Every one of them. NO could be tough if they get it together, and Atlanta is a tough nut to crack, but its at home after the bye. Washington is still suspect on defense, Dallas is a Jekyl and Hyde team, and we've already beatent the Giants once (and seem to have their number for some reason) I bolded 7 games I can easily see Philly winning.
Well I'm not ready to chalk the Atlanta game up as a win - they're coming off bye too. NO gets Vitt back that week and should give them a boost at home on MNF. Again, not an automatic win. I'm not ready to guarantee a sweep over any of the division opponents. Even though we beat them, the Giants are a better team. All those games are winnable, but they're also very losable (if that's a word).

Oh Jesus, now we're blaming the schedule. :lmao:
Nope. SImply pointing out that as tough as this schedule is....it's actually a lot harder. Personally, I think it might be the toughest one in the NFL all things considered.That said, this team should be 4-2 right now, and I'm not all too happy to be 3-3, but I'm not tearing my hair out either. Reid teams traditionally play better after their bye and into December, so a 3-3 start is actually in the normal wheelhouse for a playoff berth. Additionaly, I think the worst part of the schedule is behind us.Not happy at all...but I'm not anywhere close to giving up on this season, and nobody else should be either.

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Well I'm not ready to chalk the Atlanta game up as a win - they're coming off bye too. NO gets Vitt back that week and should give them a boost at home on MNF. Again, not an automatic win. I'm not ready to guarantee a sweep over any of the division opponents. Even though we beat them, the Giants are a better team. All those games are winnable, but they're also very losable (if that's a word).
Agreed...but I had us only winning one of the ATL/NO combo, and only sweeping the Skins. I'm sure you agree that it's hardly out of the realm of possibility that the Eagles would sweep either of Dallas or NY.Bottom line is that 10 wins is a challenge, but is hardly impossible.

'renesauz said:
'Amused to Death said:
'renesauz said:
'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Agreed...but I had us only winning one of the ATL/NO combo, and only sweeping the Skins. I'm sure you agree that it's hardly out of the realm of possibility that the Eagles would sweep either of Dallas or NY.Bottom line is that 10 wins is a challenge, but is hardly impossible.
Which is why I started that post with "I'm not giving up on the season yet". But we should all agree they've made it pretty hard on themselves. They can only afford 3 more losses.

'renesauz said:
'Billy Bats said:
Nope. SImply pointing out that as tough as this schedule is....it's actually a lot harder. Personally, I think it might be the toughest one in the NFL all things considered.That said, this team should be 4-2 right now, and I'm not all too happy to be 3-3, but I'm not tearing my hair out either. Reid teams traditionally play better after their bye and into December, so a 3-3 start is actually in the normal wheelhouse for a playoff berth. Additionaly, I think the worst part of the schedule is behind us.Not happy at all...but I'm not anywhere close to giving up on this season, and nobody else should be either.
One could easily say they should be 0-6. Bottom line is they've looked like crap for the most part from opening day kickoff. They have nobody to blame but the turnovers and the head coach. The only thing I'm hanging my hat on is that they usually play better in the second half. But they better get it all in gear soon, or it will be over sooner rather than later. Zero confidence, not sure how I can feel any other way. :rant:

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
The Eagles should be favored in all the bold games. They play well after a bye and ATL isn't great on the road so that game is very winnable. I expect them to split with the NYG but they've pretty much owned them so they could sweep them. And the other 4 NFC East games against DAL and WAS are winnable. Both those teams are very mediocre. The same can be said for TB and CIN.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
The Eagles should be favored in all the bold games. They play well after a bye and ATL isn't great on the road so that game is very winnable. I expect them to split with the NYG but they've pretty much owned them so they could sweep them. And the other 4 NFC East games against DAL and WAS are winnable. Both those teams are very mediocre. The same can be said for TB and CIN.
The eagles will not be favored at Washington and at Dallas.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Last year when the Eagles were 1-4 and the Skins were 3-1. The Eagles were -2 @Washington. The Eagles were +1.5 @Dallas though.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Them being favored means little to me. The Carolina, TB and Cincy games are the only ones I feel confident about us winning. Every other one could go either way.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Them being favored means little to me. The Carolina, TB and Cincy games are the only ones I feel confident about us winning. Every other one could go either way.
And as yesterday showed us Carolina, TB & Cincinnati can go either way as well. No game is a given. My original point was finding 7 wins you feel good about is difficult right now.ETA: The Eagles are currently 10th in the NFC. They would need to jump over 4 teams to get into the playoffs, including the Packers, Rams & Seahawks.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
And as yesterday showed us Carolina, TB & Cincinnati can go either way as well. No game is a given. My original point was finding 7 wins you feel good about is difficult right now.ETA: The Eagles are currently 10th in the NFC. They would need to jump over 4 teams to get into the playoffs, including the Packers, Rams & Seahawks.
I'm not sure how any team can really find 7 wins they feel good about going forward. The worst team in the NFC is apparently New Orleans. If you could cherry pick a schedule, you'd still be hard pressed to find 7 wins. There is a lot of parity in football this year. That said, oh no, the Eagles have to jump the might Rams. Rams stink. Nobody in the NFC West has played the 49ers yet. They also have to play the NFC North so there will be a ton of attrition as the Hawks, Cards, 49ers, Rams, Lions, Packers, Vikings, and Bears will all beat each other up.

6 games in is way too early to worry about the playoffs and what they need to do. Heck, the Eagles are 1 game back of the Giants and they still have 1 game left versus the Giants. Not to mention, Giants still have Packers, Steelers, @Ravens, NO, @Atl. So far, they've beaten 2 of the weaker NFC South teams in TB and Car which Eagles still have to play and they've beaten SF (impressive but not a common game) and Cle. Go through the Giants schedule and tell me they'll get to 11 or even 10 wins with any probability.

one thing is for sure....they are a really hard watch. Will Vick ever learn to value the ball? his turnovers are killing us. its that simple

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
I'm not sure how any team can really find 7 wins they feel good about going forward. The worst team in the NFC is apparently New Orleans. If you could cherry pick a schedule, you'd still be hard pressed to find 7 wins. There is a lot of parity in football this year. That said, oh no, the Eagles have to jump the might Rams. Rams stink. Nobody in the NFC West has played the 49ers yet. They also have to play the NFC North so there will be a ton of attrition as the Hawks, Cards, 49ers, Rams, Lions, Packers, Vikings, and Bears will all beat each other up.

6 games in is way too early to worry about the playoffs and what they need to do. Heck, the Eagles are 1 game back of the Giants and they still have 1 game left versus the Giants. Not to mention, Giants still have Packers, Steelers, @Ravens, NO, @Atl. So far, they've beaten 2 of the weaker NFC South teams in TB and Car which Eagles still have to play and they've beaten SF (impressive but not a common game) and Cle. Go through the Giants schedule and tell me they'll get to 11 or even 10 wins with any probability.
The Rams do stink, which is why I pointed them out. You know why? They stink and the Eagles are below them. What does that say about the Eagles? They stink worse! Everyone thought the Eagles were a 10- or 11-win team this year. Maybe, maybe not. But you know who expected them to compete for the Super Bowl? Jeff Lurie. 8-8 last year, 3-3 this year, that adds to a team that was grossly overvalued coming into the season. This is a team with a .440 win rate over the last 25 games, and now have to win at a rate of .700 over the next 10 to get into the post-season, where they have not won a game since they back-doored their way in in '08.To quote Merrill Reese, "This team is in big trouble".

'Billy Bats said:
Seriously. Since the schedule comes out in like March, shouldn't the coach prepare for 5 or 6 months for that.
They can't even look ahead to the next series, let alone 6 months ahead! For instance, it's OT and you have a 3rd and Callowhill to go from your own 5, I think. Instead of trying to get your punter out of the end zone, and BETTER FIELD POSITION to play defense against, they call up their 3rd and 26 play. :wall: Just get 8-10 yards and better position and your punter out of the end zone in fcking overtime!! Brutal.

one thing is for sure....they are a really hard watch. Will Vick ever learn to value the ball? his turnovers are killing us. its that simple
If they finish at 0 turnover differential (meaning they go +9 the rest of the way), they'll probably win the division or almost be guaranteed a spot. If they finish around -9 where they are now, they'll be in the thick of thing for the WC. If they finish -18 TO, they'll miss the playoffs. That said, the two interceptions weren't terrible. They acted as punts. The pass to Avant was bad. Didn't mind the Desean one except it was the first play of the drive. However, the Eagles were only up 3 so I'm sure they were trying to do what they did with Maclin. Had they run the ball on that drive and then the other drive, they probably don't get the 10 point lead. Losing a drive like the fumble was inexcusable. Turnovers didn't cost them the game, it was a combination of everything. Personally, I thought the game was lost when they went 3 and out. Most teams rely on their offense to salt the game away at that point. That is what GB and NE do. Granted the Eagles QB isn't as good but NE lost yesterday b/c they had the ball with 3 minutes left and couldn't get a first down. I thought the Eagles made two mistakes, one was they didn't challenge that McCoy stayed in bounds. They had 2 challenges and 3 timeouts. They wouldn't need these and it appeared he stayed in bounds. That would have either cost Det a TO or 40 seconds. Additionally, on 3rd down, they should have ran a bootleg similar to the Bal. game. The Eagles need to move the pocket, and if nothing is there, Vick can run/fall down and get the clock moving. They need to boot leg Vick more, he is 6 feet tall and that will draw some line backers to him which will open some receivers.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG

The Rams do stink, which is why I pointed them out. You know why? They stink and the Eagles are below them. What does that say about the Eagles? They stink worse! Everyone thought the Eagles were a 10- or 11-win team this year. Maybe, maybe not. But you know who expected them to compete for the Super Bowl? Jeff Lurie. 8-8 last year, 3-3 this year, that adds to a team that was grossly overvalued coming into the season. This is a team with a .440 win rate over the last 25 games, and now have to win at a rate of .700 over the next 10 to get into the post-season, where they have not won a game since they back-doored their way in in '08.To quote Merrill Reese, "This team is in big trouble".
Rams have beaten Hawks, Cards, and Redskins. The just lost to the Dolphins. They'll lose to GB and be behind the Eagles for the rest of the season. They are in trouble but if they want to win the SB then they can win 7 games. The Giants back-doored their way last year and won the SB. 10 wins should almost guarantee a playoff spot but 9-7 might be good enough. Either way, they just have to go out and win and if not Big Red and Vick are gone. It is what I call, a good old fashioned win-win scenario.

Vick's turnovers weren't really an issue in that game. Both interceptions were 40+ yards downfield, and the "fumble" should be charged to the darn center.I have no problem with an occasional pick 40 yards downfield.

Vick's turnovers weren't really an issue in that game. Both interceptions were 40+ yards downfield, and the "fumble" should be charged to the darn center.I have no problem with an occasional pick 40 yards downfield.
Agreed, it seemed like a game of halves. Offense couldn't get it going in the first half and the defense kept them in the game and then the offense came alive and suddenly the defense allows some big plays. Frustrating loss.

'Amused to Death said:

Atlanta

@NO (MNF)

Dallas

@Washington

Carolina

@Dallas

@TB

Cincinnati

Washington

@NYG
Last year when the Eagles were 1-4 and the Skins were 3-1. The Eagles were -2 @Washington. The Eagles were +1.5 @Dallas though.
Rex Grossman isn't the redskins QB anymore.

Anyone that doesn't think this team is an over-hyped mess needs to get their heads examined. To watch the NE backups abuse the first team defense was an embarrassment. Thanks for the draft, it was nice being excited about the team for first time in a while. But 13 yrs of this is enough. Dearly departed Joe B was right: Insanity.
:yucky: Insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread