What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (2 Viewers)

14-team non-ppr:

Team A gave:

Dickson, Ed BAL TE;

Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.14;

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from SYD Terrapin

Team B gave:

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB;

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Helmet Head

Another deal today in the same league:

Team A gave:

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Miller, Heath PIT TE

Team B gave:

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

12tm PPR 1QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 2Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Team A gave up:

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.05

Team B gave up:

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Austin, Miles DAL WR

Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.08

Edit:

I'm team B in this deal and curious to see what you guys think. I already own the 1.1 and wanted to move up to 1.5 with the hope one of the QBs drop. If not, Lamar or Floyd will still make me happy. Did I pay too much, (I also have a man crush on spiller) Current roster below

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Brown, Donald IND RB

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB

Ridley, Stevan NEP RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Tanner, Phillip DAL RB

Vereen, Shane NEP RB

Branch, Deion NEP WR

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Williams, Mike SEA WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. 50/50 is good with me.

don't mind saying that i think

Stewart > Spiller

Austin > Jackson

AHern > VD

and to move up three spots hoping to get a QB that may fall, i would have waited until the rookie draft and made an offer of my 1.08 and which ever position the 1.05 guy wanted to upgrade... but if you "need" a qb that is different, and then i would have tried to go after a Top 3 pick so you would be assured a QB (or TRich)

right now i see 9 rookies i would like in the first round (2QB, 4RB and 3WR) and that doesn't count Polk, Jeffery or Randle

Team A Gave - Santonio Holmes, Legarrette Blount

Team B Gave - 1.05, Earnest Graham, Ryan Torrain (He had to drop two players to get under the limit, so he just threw them into the deal. It was really just the 1.05 for the two players)

Would like to hear some thoughts on this one.

Team A Gave - Santonio Holmes, Legarrette BlountTeam B Gave - 1.05, Earnest Graham, Ryan Torrain (He had to drop two players to get under the limit, so he just threw them into the deal. It was really just the 1.05 for the two players)Would like to hear some thoughts on this one.
seems like a fair deal to me. 1.05 is a great pick this year

Team A Gave - Santonio Holmes, Legarrette BlountTeam B Gave - 1.05, Earnest Graham, Ryan Torrain (He had to drop two players to get under the limit, so he just threw them into the deal. It was really just the 1.05 for the two players)Would like to hear some thoughts on this one.
Like the side getting the 1.05

Glad to see that I didn't overpay for the 1.05. Blount and Holmes were my #3 RB and #2 WR, but honestly with them in that position I didn't really have much chance of doing much this year anyway. I have a ton of upside at the WR position (Dez, Cobb, Sanders, Ford, Collie, Lafell, Josh Morgan, etc.), along with Forte and Deangelo at RB and Rodgers at QB, without much else on the team.

I do have the 1.5, 1.7, 2.2, 2.5, and 2.6 though...so I guess I'm officially in rebuild mode.

Team A gives:

2012 pick 1.02

Team B gives:

Michael Bush

2012 pick 1.11

2012 pick 3.11

2013 2nd round pick

12 team, PPR

QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/TE/K/D

Pretty clearly a win for Team A, IMO. Blount's market is down right now, surprised he was able to get 1.05 with Blount as a the centerpiece.

This just went down in a 16 team, non-PPR, IDP league:

Team A gave:

Justin Smith, DL SFF

Steve Breaston, WR KCC

Brandon LaFell, WR CAR

Team B gave:

Randall Cobb, WR GBP

Donovan McNabb, QB FA

This is a salary/contract league, McNabb, I presume, was included as a salary dump.

Thoughts?

One more trade...

Team A Gives - Jake Locker, Dane Sanzenbacher, Damian Williams

Team B Gives - Jaquizz Rodgers, Donald Brown, Blaine Gabbert

Puts me a little thin at qb, but I have Rodgers, so I dont have a huge need for #2. I own Delone Carter as well, so combined with Brown, they should hopefully give a starting rb option if needed.

One more trade...Team A Gives - Jake Locker, Dane Sanzenbacher, Damian WilliamsTeam B Gives - Jaquizz Rodgers, Donald Brown, Blaine GabbertPuts me a little thin at qb, but I have Rodgers, so I dont have a huge need for #2. I own Delone Carter as well, so combined with Brown, they should hopefully give a starting rb option if needed.
I'd much rather have Jacquizz/Donald Brown side.

One more trade...Team A Gives - Jake Locker, Dane Sanzenbacher, Damian WilliamsTeam B Gives - Jaquizz Rodgers, Donald Brown, Blaine GabbertPuts me a little thin at qb, but I have Rodgers, so I dont have a huge need for #2. I own Delone Carter as well, so combined with Brown, they should hopefully give a starting rb option if needed.
I'd much rather have Jacquizz/Donald Brown side.
That was my thinking too. Obviously Gabbert is a downgrade from Locker at backup QB spot, but since I will only be starting him one week a year until I can get a replacement (unless Rodgers get hurt, and in that case, I'm not winning anyway), I'll take the RB value.

I've made a ton of trades, so I'd like an opinion on the overall haul (this is a combo of five total trades)...

Team A Gave - 1.02, Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker, Legarrette Blount, Mario Manningham, Damian Williams, Dane Sanzenbacher

Team B/C/D/E/F Gave - 1.05, 1.07, 2.05, 2.06, Deangelo Williams, Randall Cobb, Jacoby Ford, Blaine Gabbert, Jaquizz Rodgers, Donald Brown,

Team A gives:Golden TateTeam B gives:Jake Locker12 Team, ppr.
I would prefer Locker if I had a QB need, as I think he'll be pretty good. If Locker is just a bench player, Tate could work out. I think Team A probably could have gotten more for Locker though.

I give: Aaron Hernandez I get : beanie wells 2013 first
Unless your league has heavy TE scoring, this trade seems a little absurd.
Nope its non PPR scoring 10 yards per point 6 for a td. Which side wins?
The Beanie/2013 1st side wins big for me. Hernandez is good, but that's a big price for a starting RB who did well amid injury concerns and adding in the 1st next year puts it way over.

Lots of activity in a 14 team PPR over the past few days, here are some of the trades that I thought were interesting and might be helpful for others to gauge trade value (note, I have not been involved in any of these deals, just an innocent bystander).

Give:

Andy Dalton

Ryan Williams

Get:

Blaine Gabbert

Andre Roberts

Give:

Arrelious Benn

Get:

Daniel Thomas

Danny Amendola

Give:

Vernon Davis

2013 1st (likely to be top 5)

Get:

DeMarco Murray

Golden Tate

Damian Williams

Give:

Darris Heyward-Bey

2013 1st (likely a late pick)

Get:

Brandon Lloyd

2013 2nd (mid-late round pick)

That's all I've got, not necessarily looking for comments or input on the trades, just throwing them out there for informational purposes only.

I give: Aaron Hernandez I get : beanie wells 2013 first
Unless your league has heavy TE scoring, this trade seems a little absurd.
Nope its non PPR scoring 10 yards per point 6 for a td. Which side wins?
The Beanie/2013 1st side wins big for me. Hernandez is good, but that's a big price for a starting RB who did well amid injury concerns and adding in the 1st next year puts it way over.
In a non ppr I'd rather have Beanie over hernandez straight up.

12 team 25 man roster. team A gives #4 overall rookie pick to team b for #7 overall rookie pick and Tawain Jones.

Lineups: 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 1d/st

All td=6 pt

1 ppr

12 team 25 man roster. team A gives #4 overall rookie pick to team b for #7 overall rookie pick and Tawain Jones.Lineups: 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 1d/stAll td=6 pt1 ppr
Terrible...even if Bush was signed somewhere else and Jones was DMC's backup, Jones hasn't showed anything but some speed so far. I would rather have Luck/RG3/Blackmon from the 1.04 than who knows what from the 1.07 and a flier chance of pace RB.

12 team 25 man roster. team A gives #4 overall rookie pick to team b for #7 overall rookie pick and Tawain Jones.Lineups: 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 1d/stAll td=6 pt1 ppr
Terrible...even if Bush was signed somewhere else and Jones was DMC's backup, Jones hasn't showed anything but some speed so far. I would rather have Luck/RG3/Blackmon from the 1.04 than who knows what from the 1.07 and a flier chance of pace RB.
Fortunately I am team b.

Fortunately I am team b.
Congrats to you! I mean you are basically going from Wright/Wilson (depending on team needs obviously) to a chance at one of the top 4 guys Trent, RG3, Luck, Blackmon. Even better is that if its your turn to draft and 3 of the 4 gone with RG3 left, but you don't need a QB...then you have people chomping at the bit to get the next Cam Newton type young QB.

Fortunately I am team b.
Congrats to you! I mean you are basically going from Wright/Wilson (depending on team needs obviously) to a chance at one of the top 4 guys Trent, RG3, Luck, Blackmon. Even better is that if its your turn to draft and 3 of the 4 gone with RG3 left, but you don't need a QB...then you have people chomping at the bit to get the next Cam Newton type young QB.
That is exactly why I offered the trade to move up. :-)

'Banemorth said:
Team A Gave:Maclin2013 3rdTeam B GaveCJ Spiller2013 1stI'm team A and I approve of this trade :)
every trade you post is lopsided in your favor. Perhaps its time to step up your competition? :)

Team A gave Jeremy Maclin, 1.07

Team B gave Antonio Brown 1.03

Different league

Team A gave Percy Harvin, Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, 2.01

Team B gave Greg Little, Jordy Nelson

Users who are viewing this thread