What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 KEEPER HELP (1 Viewer)

5x5 standard roto, keep 6Had a rough season last year as far as keepers (five last season)—Santos, Beachy, Hudson, Avila, Betancourt. Only Betancourt ended the season on my squad. Looking to go heavier on offense this go round, and Jeff S. is the only pitcher I really want to hang onto this season.Chris DavisCarlos GomezJurickson ProfarJeff SamardjsckrzaBrandon MorrowHomer BaileyMike MinorRafael BetancourtMichael SaundersKyle Seager (very intrigued if he has 2B/3B eligibility. guy was strong on the road, now safeco fences are moving in. 25 HR potential? not sure where that pop came from though.)Brandon Moss (meh, late bloomer in a probable platoon situation)Domonic Brown (like him this season, but didn't do enough to convince me to keep)David Robertson (if he closes in NY, I'd seriously consider him, despite how poorly he did with his chance last season)Adam LaRocheEric Young Leaning toward keeping Davis, Gomez, LaRoche, Profar, Samarghjczxa and Seager, but eager to hear some input. I believe we're expanding our rosters, adding a 1B/3B, OF and MI position to the standard 5x5 lineup.

I am confused about the keeper format, looks deep and can only keep late rounders? Just want to confirm. Wary i will be recommending pitchers, something I don't like doing.

I am confused about the keeper format, looks deep and can only keep late rounders? Just want to confirm. Wary i will be recommending pitchers, something I don't like doing.
Yeah, 14 teams. Can only keep guys picked after the fifth round and our rosters are expanding 3 spots this season. I like Morrow, but he frightens me a bit. I felt like he was barely skating by sometimes last season despite the decent numbers. But I'm also a bit afraid of letting him go; he's definitely a bubble guy right now. I feel like Davis and LaRoche's value goes up with the addition of the 1B/3B slot. This is my early thinking, so we'll see.

Wary of davis being a fluke and last year may be seager's ceiling. Honestly, I would keep samardzjia, gomez, jurk, minor, and morrow. Sub in betancourt for morrow if you don't trust him.

5x5 standard NL only $260 auction. 12 team league. Keep up to five. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,Util,4 OF, 4 SP, 3 RP, 2 P.Alvarez $8 Espinosa$14 Frazier $6 McCutchen$39 Pagan $13 Rizzo $6 Samardzija$6 Definitely keeping Rizzo & Frazier. Leaning towards keeping Alvarez, McCutchen & Samardzija also_Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
'FDAS said:
5x5 standard NL only $260 auction. 12 team league. Keep up to five. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,Util,4 OF, 4 SP, 3 RP, 2 P.Alvarez $8 Espinosa$14 Frazier $6 McCutchen$39 Pagan $13 Rizzo $6 Samardzija$6 Definitely keeping Rizzo & Frazier. Leaning towards keeping Alvarez, McCutchen & Samardzija also_Opinions?
Think I'd rather have Espinosa than Alvarez, but thats about right.

Can keep up to five. 12 team auction. 7x7 with add'l categories of OBP, Slugging, Holds, and Quality Starts.J.Hamilton $25B.Harper $8BJ Upton $17W.Myers $5A.LaRoche $5M.Montero $5D.Freese $6D.Price $22C.Sale $5A.Wainwright $2H.Bailey $5Leaning Hamilton, Harper, Price, Sale, and Wainwright.

Can keep up to five. 12 team auction. 7x7 with add'l categories of OBP, Slugging, Holds, and Quality Starts.J.Hamilton $25B.Harper $8BJ Upton $17W.Myers $5A.LaRoche $5M.Montero $5D.Freese $6D.Price $22C.Sale $5A.Wainwright $2H.Bailey $5Leaning Hamilton, Harper, Price, Sale, and Wainwright.
Think I'd go Myers over Wainwright.

Myers over sale or price, three pitchers is over kill.

If he keeps one pitcher, it should be Sale.

If he keeps one pitcher, it should be Sale.
Bad feeling about him this year, hated how he was used last year. Worried about injury, feel better about Wainwright. Shallow keepers i don't think beyond this year usually.

Just got into a 14 team keeper and need to turn around my keepers soon. First offseason (right now) we get to keep 10 players, then it starts to increase with 15 next year. 6x6 (OPS and Losses are the extras) Yahoo H2H, standard positions with 1 util hitting slot, 20 inning minimum per week. I know basically nothing about the league members and what might be kept/not kept, but this team had the best record last year and finished 2nd in the playoffs. For sure 8: Rosario cKipnis 2bCabrera 3bChoo ofJennings ofSale spHernandez spBumgarner spI think I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4, but just need 2 more from this group:Youkilis 1b/3bHoward 1bVictorino ofPeralta ssAoki ofMoreland 1bNiese spGarza spEstrada sp/rpHanrahan rpBetancourt rpBailey rpTillman sp

Just got into a 14 team keeper and need to turn around my keepers soon. First offseason (right now) we get to keep 10 players, then it starts to increase with 15 next year. 6x6 (OPS and Losses are the extras) Yahoo H2H, standard positions with 1 util hitting slot, 20 inning minimum per week. I know basically nothing about the league members and what might be kept/not kept, but this team had the best record last year and finished 2nd in the playoffs. For sure 8: Rosario cKipnis 2bCabrera 3bChoo ofJennings ofSale spHernandez spBumgarner spI think I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4, but just need 2 more from this group:Youkilis 1b/3bHoward 1bVictorino ofPeralta ssAoki ofMoreland 1bNiese spGarza spEstrada sp/rpHanrahan rpBetancourt rpBailey rpTillman sp
I'd say Victorino for sure. I would say Garza but the losses might hurt, Hanrahan would be the next guy. Youk and Howard are higher risk/higher reward, guess it depends on your mindset.

Just putting out there for the hell of it, seems pretty cut and dried to me, but wanted some other opinions just in case....H2H points, AL only division, keep 9 of the following:SantanaTrumboCanoLongoriaMoustakasBautistaJenningsSwisherHunterDickeyWeaverMoorePeavyMorrowHellicksonSo I figure I'm cutting Hellickson, Morrow, Peavy, Hunter, Swisher, and Mous. Altough I like Mous a lot, going to keep Trumbo instead. I'm also trying to trade a pitcher, since I like Peavy too. I figure I could get something good for Weaver and keep Jake, now that I have Dickey.

I'd say Victorino for sure. I would say Garza but the losses might hurt, Hanrahan would be the next guy. Youk and Howard are higher risk/higher reward, guess it depends on your mindset.
I guess I have more time than I originally thought. Regardless, I'm not even going to consider Garza based on having the other 3 SPs and I think there will be plenty of "Garza's" in the draft. I may have to keep Hanrahan if he's locked into that job. I know saves are attainable from the wire especially in this league where the benches are slim. But without a Holds category, I'm thinking you can't really punt saves....and I don't want to get stuck having to overpay in a trade to get a legit closer.The last spot for the hitter is where I struggle. I think I want the highest upside guy. I know I'll draft well. Is Jennings ready to be relied upon in the world of fantasy? That's pushing me towards Victorino, but I kinda don't want to keep him.

Not a chance! Wainwright is a stud and Myers won't do much this year

I agree with Wainwright because at $2 that's a steal, but Hamilton at $25 seems steep. I'm fading him this year.

It's a shallow keeper league. He can snag Wainwright back up in the 3rd round of the draft.Myers is a shot at a guy who can be a perennial keeper in a very shallow keeper league. I don't think that's worth bypassing.

It's a shallow keeper league. He can snag Wainwright back up in the 3rd round of the draft.Myers is a shot at a guy who can be a perennial keeper in a very shallow keeper league. I don't think that's worth bypassing.
FWIW, it's an auction draft. I'd expect Wainwright to go for more than Myers if I let both of them go into the draft. I got Harper cheap for $8 last year, and then Trout went after him for even less, but I did not have the money left to match. So my league mates don't bid up prospects when they will start the season in the minors, but that may change this year after how Trout and Harper played last year.I do like Myers though and would like to find a way to fit him in.

alright - here you go:12 team 5x5; 5 OF, 2C, 2UKeep 3 minors: Rendon, Castellanos and Machado - the only other possibilities here are Strailey and RufKeep 6 majors: Trout, Braun, Starlin Castro, Heyward, Adam Jones and Wainwright. The last couple spots are the tricky ones. I am locked into my top 4, but instead of Castro or Jones I could keep in no particular order: Beltre, Medlen, Morse, Zobrist, Cruz, Jennings, Kubel, or CJ Wilson. I have thought long and hard about Beltre but being 34, losing Hamilton in the lineup, has me a little worried about his future health. I also like Jennings, but with Trout I have less need for his biggest asset which is speed. Morse going to Seattle soured me there and Zobrist with 2B eligibility is nice, but not worth keeping necessarily. ( Yes, I am loaded and won it all last year - LOOK AT ME!)I would appreciate any and all feedback. and before anyone asks, no trading allowed between now and keeper declarations.TIAAB

We count hits, TB, SB, AVE, HR, RBI and BB. head to head.Having trouble picking two out of these:Kipnis for a 13th rounderGranderson for a 6th Ian Desmond for a 17thAllen Craig for a 19thSal Perez, Josh Rutledge, or Todd Frazier for a 12thRight now I'm leaning towards Allen Craig and Kipnis because of their low cost, but not sure...any thoughts?

alright - here you go:12 team 5x5; 5 OF, 2C, 2UKeep 3 minors: Rendon, Castellanos and Machado - the only other possibilities here are Strailey and RufKeep 6 majors: Trout, Braun, Starlin Castro, Heyward, Adam Jones and Wainwright. The last couple spots are the tricky ones. I am locked into my top 4, but instead of Castro or Jones I could keep in no particular order: Beltre, Medlen, Morse, Zobrist, Cruz, Jennings, Kubel, or CJ Wilson. I have thought long and hard about Beltre but being 34, losing Hamilton in the lineup, has me a little worried about his future health. I also like Jennings, but with Trout I have less need for his biggest asset which is speed. Morse going to Seattle soured me there and Zobrist with 2B eligibility is nice, but not worth keeping necessarily. ( Yes, I am loaded and won it all last year - LOOK AT ME!)I would appreciate any and all feedback. and before anyone asks, no trading allowed between now and keeper declarations.TIAAB
Jesus, you seem loaded. :homer: , but I'd keep Straily. Far less talented pitchers have put up nice numbers at O.Co, and he's going to have a shot to open the year in the rotation. And will eventually end up in the rotation once Colon goes on the DL after slipping on donut juice.

We count hits, TB, SB, AVE, HR, RBI and BB. head to head.Having trouble picking two out of these:Kipnis for a 13th rounderGranderson for a 6th Ian Desmond for a 17thAllen Craig for a 19thSal Perez, Josh Rutledge, or Todd Frazier for a 12thRight now I'm leaning towards Allen Craig and Kipnis because of their low cost, but not sure...any thoughts?
I'd go Craig and Frazier.

:homer: , but I'd keep Straily. Far less talented pitchers have put up nice numbers at O.Co, and he's going to have a shot to open the year in the rotation. And will eventually end up in the rotation once Colon goes on the DL after slipping on donut juice.
LOLThanks for the feedback. Like Strailey but not sure i can keep him over one of the young sticks. IF I kept him, which stick would you drop instead?

:homer: , but I'd keep Straily. Far less talented pitchers have put up nice numbers at O.Co, and he's going to have a shot to open the year in the rotation. And will eventually end up in the rotation once Colon goes on the DL after slipping on donut juice.
LOLThanks for the feedback. Like Strailey but not sure i can keep him over one of the young sticks. IF I kept him, which stick would you drop instead?
I think you have the right three in the minors, but I would keep beltre and send Wainwright back from major league roster.

12 team H2H points league. Keep 53 year contract2 year contract2 year contract (must be rookie)1 year contract1 year contractB McCannR HowardK JohnsonE AndrusP SandovalJ Bautista (already on last year of 3 year contract)M CuddyerL CainL ScottC RasmusC YoungB BeltD PriceJ CuetoD HarenW MileyE JacksonP MaholmA BassJ NathanJ BlantonE VolquezB ZitoI can't keep anyone coming off expiring contract so that rules out Haren, Cuddyer, Howard and Cain.Yeah I have an awful team. Got behind the 8 ball in the first year and haven't been able to build anything. But I'm thinking David Price (2 yr) Wade Miley (2 yr rookie, my only one) and two of Andrus, Sandoval or Cueto for 1 year. The league favors pitching a bit with no starter/reliever requirement. Thoughts?

'MAC_32 said:
'Angry Beavers said:
'Good said:
I think you have the right three in the minors, but I would keep beltre and send Wainwright back from major league roster.
Thanks for the thought.

Just putting out there for the hell of it, seems pretty cut and dried to me, but wanted some other opinions just in case....H2H points, AL only division, keep 9 of the following:SantanaTrumboCanoLongoriaMoustakasBautistaJenningsSwisherHunterDickeyWeaverMoorePeavyMorrowHellicksonSo I figure I'm cutting Hellickson, Morrow, Peavy, Hunter, Swisher, and Mous. Altough I like Mous a lot, going to keep Trumbo instead. I'm also trying to trade a pitcher, since I like Peavy too. I figure I could get something good for Weaver and keep Jake, now that I have Dickey.
:kicksrock:

Cano, Longo, Bautista, Dickey, Weaver I see as absolute locks. That leaves 4 more. I lean Santana, Jennings, Moore and Trumbo like you.

'strykerpks said:
12 team H2H points league. Keep 53 year contract2 year contract2 year contract (must be rookie)1 year contract1 year contractB McCannR HowardK JohnsonE AndrusP SandovalJ Bautista (already on last year of 3 year contract)M CuddyerL CainL ScottC RasmusC YoungB BeltD PriceJ CuetoD HarenW MileyE JacksonP MaholmA BassJ NathanJ BlantonE VolquezB ZitoI can't keep anyone coming off expiring contract so that rules out Haren, Cuddyer, Howard and Cain.Yeah I have an awful team. Got behind the 8 ball in the first year and haven't been able to build anything. But I'm thinking David Price (2 yr) Wade Miley (2 yr rookie, my only one) and two of Andrus, Sandoval or Cueto for 1 year. The league favors pitching a bit with no starter/reliever requirement. Thoughts?
So, Bautista takes up your 3 year contract? I'd go Price for 2, Sandoval for 1 and Andrus for 1. Sounds like you have no choice on Miley...only question I have is does keeping him prevent you from keeping a different rookie next year? If so, I might just throw him back.

So, Bautista takes up your 3 year contract? I'd go Price for 2, Sandoval for 1 and Andrus for 1. Sounds like you have no choice on Miley...only question I have is does keeping him prevent you from keeping a different rookie next year? If so, I might just throw him back.
That's what I've been leaning towards. Yes we started this league 4 years ago so Bautista will be coming off contract after this year and I'll have to try and land someone worthy of 3 years. I don't have a choice on Miley as I forgot about the rookie rule and didn't get waiver claims on Harper, Trout etc earlier on. I can keep as many rookies as I want, it's just that every 2 years I have to keep a rookie with one of my 2 year contracts. Thanks!

I have ####ty keeper options. We keep 5, no $ or round value.I think these are my definites:EncarnacionCastroSaleGreinkeMy last is between:CraigJenningsMedlenCuetoGoldschmidtBeltranLawrie
I think you're under selling your keeper options, they're pretty good. Send Greinke back, keep Goldy and either Lawrie or Jennings. I believe in Lawrie, but I know many don't, so if that's the case then keep Jennings.If it were me I'd be trying to pair Encarnacion with another player to get a bigger better than Edwin too.
So I just traded Greinke for GrandersonSo my 5 keepers are:EEGrandersonCastroSaleLawrieI think I like Lawrie better than Goldy & Jennings
Ugh

Thinking about keeping Kipnis over Pedroia. I can only keep either for this year, then they are both free agents. Am I nuts?ETA: I guess I can keep both (we start two 2B) and not keep Butler, since 2B is pretty weak this year. I basically have to pick 3 of these guys to keep. We can only keep players for 1 year.Beltre- definitely keepingPedroiaButlerKipnisGio GonzalezSabathiaBumgarnerTrumboA. Cabrera

'Man In The Box said:
Thinking about keeping Kipnis over Pedroia. I can only keep either for this year, then they are both free agents. Am I nuts?ETA: I guess I can keep both (we start two 2B) and not keep Butler, since 2B is pretty weak this year. I basically have to pick 3 of these guys to keep. We can only keep players for 1 year.Beltre- definitely keepingPedroiaButlerKipnisGio GonzalezSabathiaBumgarnerTrumboA. Cabrera
i'd keep pedroia. dont keep both. should be healthy and hitting 3rd. thats just me though, and ive had 4 beers and its only 6pm

Hey I was planning on keeping 2 1B (Encarnacion & Goldschmidt). Someone else is keeping 2 3B (Beltre & Longoria). He offered me Beltre for EE. Is that fair? What's their ADPs?

Need to keep three in a standard head to head league. Any help would be appreciated.C Miguel Montero, Ari C 1B Edwin Encarnacion, Tor 1B, DH2B Omar Infante, Det 2B3B Ryan Zimmerman, Wsh 3B SS Elvis Andrus, Tex SS OF Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OFOF Matt Holliday, StL OFOF Ichiro Suzuki, NYY OFUTIL Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DHOF Jose Bautista, Tor OF PITCHERSP Wandy Rodriguez, Pit SPP R.A. Dickey, Tor SPP Mike Minor, Atl SPSP C.J. Wilson, LAA SP SP Kyle Kendrick, Phi SP, RP RP Jose Valverde, FA RPRP Jose Quintana, CWS SPBench Shaun Marcum, NYM SP Bench Wade Miley, Ari SPBench Trevor Cahill, Ari SPBench Aaron Harang, LAD SP RP Huston Street, SD RPWas thinking Bautista, Ellsbury and either Holliday/Konerko and then hitting P in the draft. Not sure if Dickey or Wilson is worth keeping.

Need to keep three in a standard head to head league. Any help would be appreciated.Was thinking Bautista, Ellsbury and either Holliday/Konerko and then hitting P in the draft. Not sure if Dickey or Wilson is worth keeping.
Edwin, Jose, Matt

Pick one: 5X5(ops)A; B GarnderI DesmondB: B GardnerA LaRocheC: M MonteroI DesmonndA LaRocheD: M MonteroDesmond or LaRocheA EatonE:DesmondA LaRocheA EatonS MarteG PerkinsThe above scenarios would be added to another 6 that are already being kept

Need to keep three in a standard head to head league. Any help would be appreciated.Was thinking Bautista, Ellsbury and either Holliday/Konerko and then hitting P in the draft. Not sure if Dickey or Wilson is worth keeping.
Edwin, Jose, Matt
This. Wouldn't argue Ellsbury over Holliday though.I have Bautista, Ellsbury, and Holliday all higher than Encarnacion but in such a shallow league you really can't devote all of your keepers to good not great OF's.

Pick one: 5X5(ops)A; B GarnderI DesmondB: B GardnerA LaRocheC: M MonteroI DesmonndA LaRocheD: M MonteroDesmond or LaRocheA EatonE:DesmondA LaRocheA EatonC RossG PerkinsThe above scenarios would be added to another 6 that are already being kept
I go A.

Pick one: 5X5(ops)A; B GarnderI DesmondB: B GardnerA LaRocheC: M MonteroI DesmonndA LaRocheD: M MonteroDesmond or LaRocheA EatonE:DesmondA LaRocheA EatonS MarteG PerkinsThe above scenarios would be added to another 6 that are already being kept
I go A.
I was all over A/B too, but Ichiro being in NY scares me......If Gardner leads off, he's a must keep.....but he'll lose a crap load of AB's hitting down the order(say 9th)

Having trouble narrowing down my keepers. Any help would be appreciated. 5x5 Roto (R, RBI, HR, SB, OBP, ERA, Whip, K, W, SV)We play C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF(4), 2 UTL, and 7 Pitchers. 25 man total roster.Everyone gets to keep $18 worth of keepers, Values are determined by round they are drafted and values increase $2 per year kept. Kept players are back loaded at the end of the draft.Here is my roster:Adrian Gonzalez 9Justin Upton 9 Carlos Gonzalez 7 Clayton Kershaw 6 Jay Bruce 5 Carlos Santana 5 David Wright 5 Starlin Castro 4 Jason Heyward 4David Ortiz. 4Mark Reynolds 4 Chase Utley 4 Michael Young 4Ian Kennedy 4 James Shields 4 Chris Carpenter 3 Jeremy Hellickson 3Kenley Jansen 3 Joe Nathan 3 J.J. Putz 3 Gavin Floyd 2Tyler Colvin 1Nate McLouth 1Tim Hudson 1Kris Medlen 1Travis Wood 1Who would you keep?

Couple are obvious, the rest are probably garbage, but I get to keep 7 of these guys:Gary SanchezEvan GattisChristian VillanuevaRymer LirianoMatt SzczurTim WheelerRonald GuzmanLeonys MartinAllen WebsterWho is out?There is also a possibility I could aquire James Paxton for a player I'm not keeping. He would def be top 7, agree?

'Limp Ditka said:
I keep Kershaw, Cargo, Castro, Medlen
I'd say Kershaw and Cargo are locks. Then its a toss up of Heyward, Wright or Castro for me with Medlen the $1 guy to round things out.

'Wizards of Oz said:
Having trouble narrowing down my keepers. Any help would be appreciated.

5x5 Roto (R, RBI, HR, SB, OBP, ERA, Whip, K, W, SV)

We play C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF(4), 2 UTL, and 7 Pitchers. 25 man total roster.

Everyone gets to keep $18 worth of keepers, Values are determined by round they are drafted and values increase $2 per year kept. Kept players are back loaded at the end of the draft.

Here is my roster:

Adrian Gonzalez 9

Justin Upton 9

Carlos Gonzalez 7

Clayton Kershaw 6

Jay Bruce 5

Carlos Santana 5

David Wright 5

Starlin Castro 4

Jason Heyward 4

David Ortiz. 4

Mark Reynolds 4

Chase Utley 4

Michael Young 4

Ian Kennedy 4

James Shields 4

Chris Carpenter 3

Jeremy Hellickson 3

Kenley Jansen 3

Joe Nathan 3

J.J. Putz 3

Gavin Floyd 2

Tyler Colvin 1

Nate McLouth 1

Tim Hudson 1

Kris Medlen 1

Travis Wood 1

Who would you keep?
DinfinitesDavid Wright 5

Jason Heyward 4

Kris Medlen 1

then anyone of these:

Jay Bruce 5

Joe Nathan 3

or

Starlin Castro 4

James Shields 4

or

????

I have to keep 10 players for a semi dynasty league. 4 of them are no brainers (Votto, Matt Holliday, Kershaw, Papelbon), but I need help with the other 6. I've narrowed it down to 13 possible keepers. There is no dollar value on players, and we can keep players for as long as we want.Yadier MolinaPedro AlvarezElvis AndrusMichael BournJosh WillinghamMartin PradoCarlos BeltranJames ShieldsJeff SamardzijaLance LynnKyle LohseDan HarenJohn Axford

Users who are viewing this thread