What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Oakland Raiders thread *** (2 Viewers)

Next choice, six picks away. Who we lookin at?
I don't know who Reggie is targeting. But I wouldn't mind seeing:

1. Demontre Moore or Alex Okafar - The Raiders really need a pass rusher.

2. Jesse Williams or John Jenkins - Really could use another DT.

3. Travis Kelce or Jordan Reed - Really could use a TE, I'm not sold on the TE's currently on the roster.

4. I also wouldn't be surprised if they go QB - Barkley, Wilson, Nassib or whoever they have rated at the top of their board.

I have been saying defensive line the whole draft so it will probably be a WR or something I'm not expecting, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta tell ya, I'm really feeling Barkley.

Not that it matters, but he's a Top-5 pick if he came out in 2012. Early third, he's worth a bid.

7. (66) Sio Moore, Connecticut
HT: 6-1 WT: 245 40: 4.62 Projected round: 2
Overview: While the NFL once preferred bigger, bulkier linebackers, the shift to more of a passing is reflected by a bigger need for speed and instincts in coverage. That is why Moore is earning significant attention from scouts.
Moore registered 274 career tackles for the Huskies as a three-year starter while proving his ability to make an impact at the line of scrim-mage, behind it and as a pass defender. More than a few NFL teams are likely to give him a top 100 grade.
Strengths: Reads the action quickly and has the speed to close, making him a classic 4-3 weak-side linebacker candidate. Versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills at the Shrine Game, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident.
Weaknesses: At his size, Moore will need to continue to improve his strength in taking on and shedding blocks. Can get caught up in the trash against bigger running attacks and struggle to disengage from blocks.

4. Sio Moore 6-1 244 Connecticut (S. 4.64) R. 8.8
Background: High School – Moore played his prep football at Apex HS in North Carolina, where he was an all-area
selection as a senior. Redshirt Freshman – After sitting out the 2008 season as a redshirt, Moore saw action in four
games in 2009 and he made six tackles, with one going for loss. He had three stops, including the tackle in the
backfield, in the Rhode Island game. Sophomore – Moore started nine of his 13 appearances as a sophomore and he
finished the 2010 season with a career-high 110 total tackles. 11.5 went for loss, including 1.5 sacks, and he forced two
fumbles, recovered two loose balls, intercepted a pass, and broke up another. He had two tackles for loss and a sack
among his six total tackles in the Texas Southern game; he was credited with 16 stops and an interception vs. Buffalo;
three of his 12 tackles at Rutgers went for negative yardage; and he had 17 tackles, three TFLs, and two forced fumbles
against West Virginia. Junior – Moore was in the starting lineup in all 12 games for UConn in 2011 and he led the team
with 16 tackles for loss among his 86 total stops. 6.5 of those were sacks, and he added a pair of forced fumbles, three
interceptions, six pass breakups, and one fumble recovery. His best games as a junior came at Vanderbilt (6 tackles, 3.5
sacks, forced fumble), vs. Western Michigan (7 tackles, 2.5 TFLs), in the South Florida game (8 tackles, TFL, INT, PBU),
against Louisville (13 tackles, 2.5 TFLs, sack, PBU), and vs. Rutgers (6 tackles, 2 TFLs, sack, INT, forced fumble). Senior – This past season,
Moore was a first team All-Big East selection after starting 10 of his 12 appearances and again pacing the Huskies defense with 15.5 tackles for
loss. He recorded 72 tackles as a senior, including eight sacks, and he recovered one fumble and broke up 11 passes. He had three stops for
loss, 2.5 sacks, and two pass deflections as part of a seven-tackle effort at Maryland; he had nine tackles, including 1.5 for loss, at Rutgers; he
had three TFLs and two sacks among his six stops vs. Pittsburgh, and he batted down two passes in that one; and he had nine tackles, with 1.5
coming behind the line of scrimmage, against Temple. Analysis: Quality football player who combines superior production with very impressive
physical/athletic skills. He can really run, has a tremendously powerful upper body, and is one of the top natural athletes all all the OLB’ers in
this draft. He’s a physical, tough as nails type, playing a rugged brand of football. I also like the fact that he provides scheme versatility, adding
to his value moving forward inton the NFL. I can’t see a consistent producer with the skill level Moore brings to the position to get out of round
two. *Combine Note: Ran a 4.65, did 29 reps, and had a 38” vertical jump.

I gotta tell ya, I'm really feeling Barkley. Not that it matters, but he's a Top-5 pick if he came out in 2012. Early third, he's worth a bid.
 I hope he's the last college player that decides to stay in college when he's projected as a first round NFL pick. I never agree with that decision. Makes him a guy you want on your football team though. Either McKenzie is going to avoid drafting a QB, or he really likes someone else he can get later. Moore was good value also, just wasnt a need pick. After years of having horrible depth at LB, its now the deepest part of the team. It also adds to the potential of using a 3-4 base defense which was already an option.

Pick Analysis: "When I say trust the process, the process means East-West, combine, pro day. He excelled in all those. Coaches love that he'll line up on the slot, inside and cover man to man. He came from nowhere, but because of his work ethic, he's now a third-round pick. With the Raiders, this is a solid double." -- Mike Mayock

6. (54) *Menelik Watson, Florida State
HT: 6-5 WT: 310 40: 5.25 Projected Round: 2
Overview: Not the most polished offensive lineman in the 2013 draft, Watson is one of the most physically gifted and well-traveled. A native of Manchester, England, he trained for much of his life to play basketball, playing for the CDA Academy in Spain and earning a scholarship to Marist College (New York).
Watson redshirted in 2008-09 and played one season at Marist, start-ing 13 games in 2009-10. Watson considered boxing before signing to play at Saddlebrook Junior College in California. He signed with Florida State and started in 2012. After one season in Tallahassee, Watson elected to make himself eligible for the 2013 draft.
Watson is clearly a work in progress. However, just as clear is his athleticism. It is easy to question Watson's motivation or love for football. Offensive line coaches, however, could just as easily fall in love with his obvious upside and push for the England native surprisingly early on draft weekend.
Strengths: Ranks with Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson as one of the elite natural talents at offensive tackle in the 2013 draft. Has light feet, long arms and natural overall weight distribution. Flashes great quickness and balance dropping back into pass protection. Naturally strong, heavy hands to latch on and control opponents. Flashes a physical pop to rock defenders on their heels. Good balance. Races off the ball and finished some running plays 20 yards downfield.
Weaknesses: Raw technique and inconsistent off the snap. As likely to be the last man off the ball as he is the first. Hands slip outside of the defender's numbers, sure to draw flags in the NFL. Not assignment-sure when he hits the second level. Struggles in short-yardage situations and can get knocked backward. Scouts will question passion of sport-hopping star.

5. Menelik Watson 6-5 310 Florida St. (S. 5.30) R. 9.0
Background: High School – Watson is from Manchester, England, where he was a basketball player at Burnage HS
before graduating in 2006. Redshirt Freshman (Marist Basketball) – Watson redshirted with the Marist basketball team
during the 2009-10 season before playing forward and center in 2010-11 and averaging 4.7 points and 3.3 rebounds in
29 games. JUCO – After leaving Marist, he went to Saddleback College in California, where he played football for the first
time. He spent 2011 helping his team lead the league in total offense per game and finish second in scoring offense.
Junior – Watson made the jump to Tallahassee and the Seminoles for the 2012 season and he started right away at
right tackle. He was in the lineup in 13 of FSU’s 14 games this season and he allowed just one sack all year. Behind him
and his line mates, the Seminoles set a school record with 6,591 yards of total offense, averaged 206 yards rushing per
game, and scored a school-best 40 rushing TDs. Analysis: A little over-aged at 23, Watson developed into a pretty good
player for the Seminoles in 2012 while battling some minor injuries. He did a heck of a job at right tackle and improved as
the year went along. Watson showed good pass blocking skills for someone so raw and inexperienced. He has very good
feet for a big kid and he moves well, adjusting to the defensive end’s secondary moves. He is intelligent and geared
toward learning the game. Watson does play a little high out of his stance but he bends his knees well and will improve as he gets coached up
and moves through the process. He also has good functional strength, the package of skills you look for. Whether Watson starts early on in his
NFL career or not depends on how quickly he can be coached up and how he takes to the teaching. What is certain is that he has a lot of
upside potential. *Combine Note: Ran a 5.29, didn’t lift, and had a 24 ½” vertical jump.

The Campbell comparison doesn't have merit because Watson was considered a day 2, top five tackle prospect, whereas Campbell was not. Campbell made his money at the combine, not on the playing field. I am very hopeful that Watson will develop into a solid RT.
At 6-foot-5, 310 pounds, Watson seems to rank high among scouts in durability and pass protection, but mediocre in awareness and run blocking.
Run blocking is a lot easier to coach up than pass blocking IMO.

Anyone hear Sio's interview with Tim and Pat on Moving the Chains last week? If he plays anywhere NEAR as well as he talks, we have a Pro Bowler on our hands. When asked where he would fit the best (position-wise), he said... "Anywhere. I'm a football player." When asked if he was the best LB in the draft, he said yes without hesitation. Kirwan really seemed to love his potential.

MENELIK WATSON | Florida State 6051|310 lbs|4JR Manchester, Great Britain (Burnage HS) 12/22/1988 (age 24) #71

2012: (13/12) (RT) PROJECTION: 2nd Round

2011: Saddleback College MEASUREABLES: 6051 | 310 | 34" | 10 3-8" | 80 3-4"

2010: Marist College (Basketball) COMBINE: 5.29 40-YD DASH | 1.85 10-YD | 24.5" V | 8-7 BJ | 8.31 3C | 5.01 SS

2009: Marist College (Basketball) PRONUNCIATION: Men-ah-lick

STRENGTHS:

Tall, well-built frame with good length and hand size…strong, wide base to anchor and steamroll defenders in the run game…natural athleticism with fluid lateral movements…flexible joints and bends well to play with consistent pad level…smooth coordination, doing a nice job sliding outside to pick up the blitz or block in space…improved awareness and is always looking for someone to block…plays mean with infectious intensity…displayed toughness to play through injuries.

WEAKNESSES:

Only two years of football experience, having never played the sport before 2011…only one year of starting experience at the FBS level…very raw with his technique and footwork, playing with a disconnect between his upper and lower halves…active hand use, but placement is all over the place…struggles to maintain balance through contact and needs to develop a better anchor and core strength…too many mental errors and needs extensive coaching at the next level.

SUMMARY:

Born and raised in England before coming to the U.S. to play basketball, spending two seasons at Marist College…decided to play football and transferred to Saddleback JC in 2011 before enrolling at FSU…started 12 games at RT in 2012, flashing obvious talent…needs extensive technique work and NFL coaches will need to "pop the hood" and spend a lot of time with him…has enticing LT tools and obvious athleticism to be a top-50 pick, but still very raw with vastly undeveloped skills.

My earlier Al makes picks from the grave posting was in jest. It's just on paper where it looks that way: 1st rd CB, 2nd rd raw specimen OT. Doesn't mean the CB isn't a stud or the OL able to become the same with proper development. McKenzie likes these guys and he's known for his talent evaluation, so we will see. Both could work out really well.

And I like the Sio Moore pick. Dude lit up both all star games, east/west and senior and also was productive in his career. He's a blue collar solid football player and the opposite of the traditional Al pick. Allen & company coached the senior bowl, so they had a real close look at this kid and must've come out impressed.

SIO MOORE | Connecticut 6006|245 lbs|5SR Apex, NC (Apex) 5/2/1990 (age 22) #3

2012: (12/10) 72/15.5/8.0/0 PROJECTION: 2nd Round

2011: (12/12) 86/16.0/6.5/2 MEASUREABLES: 6006 | 245 | 33 5-8" | 10 1-4" | 79 1-2"

2010: (13/9) 110/11.5/1.5/2 COMBINE: 4.65 40-YD DASH | 1.62 10-YD | 29 REPS | 38" V | 10-7 BJ | 7.49 3C | 4.31 SS

2009: (4/0) 6/1.0/0.0/0 PRONUNCIATION: SEE-oh

2008: Redshirted

STRENGTHS:

Well-built frame with outstanding length…explosive ability off the edge, showing the patience to set up and accelerate past blockers to close on the pocket…natural athlete with range and lateral quickness to cover both sidelines…looks natural dropping in coverage…good take-on strength at the POA with the raw power to bully blockers on their heels…wrap tackles with his long arms and rarely misses…nonstop motor in pursuit…scheme diverse skill-set to play any LB position.

WEAKNESSES:

Lacks ideal size and can be swallowed up by blockers at times…needs to stay under control in his tackles to consistently break down on the move and make legal hits…room to improve his hand placement and technique to shed quicker…average ballskills with room to improve in this area…battled a nagging ankle injury, needs to stay healthy…production declined the past three years, although so did his role…moved all around the Huskies’ defense, but what is his best position?

SUMMARY:

Jack-of-all-trades LB who was used as a chess piece on the UConn defense, dropping in coverage at WLB before putting his hand on the ground and rushing off the edge like a DE…quick read/react instincts with the playing speed to be disruptive…type of player the offense must identify pre-snap…plays with a chip and an active, intense style…can do a lot of things with his strong, athletic skill-set, showing the versatility to play inside or outside in either a 4-3 or 3-4 formation.

BTW, I've noticed McKenzie and Allen have formed a pattern of picking foreign-origin players with upside:

Last year - Crawford, Bilukidi

This year - Watson, Moore

Some more foreign than others but that's 4 out of 9 or so picks.

Watson's an intruiging pick. Has all the tools, just needs the right mechanic to 'pop the hood' to fine tune him. I can't help but think this is why they went out got Tony Sparano. The pundits are calling him boom/bust. I think he's gonna be all BOOM!

Agree with the D-linemen desire.

But I always want D-linemen.I'd rather have good players though. We all would have been happy with Williams in the 2nd (320-pound DT!! From Alabama!! Woooo!!!!)

Now we know that would have been a major reach. A MAJOR reach. So....you know, tap the brakes.We are coming out of this draft with three potential starters.

Tomorrow, if we get one, that would be amazing. Repeat: If we get ONE starter tomorrow, that would be amazing.

Getting back to the players available:

In keeping with the D-line love, I am happy they are not getting drafted. They are sliding. Williams, Moore, Jenkins, Lemoneir.

There's some guys. Of Course, one can ask: Why are they sliding?

BTW, I've noticed McKenzie and Allen have formed a pattern of picking foreign-origin players with upside:

Last year - Crawford, Bilukidi

This year - Watson, Moore

Some more foreign than others but that's 4 out of 9 or so picks.
The trend I get with Watson and Moore is

If we passed on them, and went and got a RT and WLB later, who could we get?

I hated the options.

Feel like the drop off after those two was big.

Now with Kevin Burnett, Nick Roach, Kaluka Maiava, Miles Burris, & Sio Moore, I'm starting to wonder if the Raiders are thinking of making a move to a 3-4 base.

You guys are going to love Moore (I am a UCONN season ticket holder). 3 down backer, and he lays some monster hits.

Tyvon Branch and Sio Moore representing the Huskies!

Now with Kevin Burnett, Nick Roach, Kaluka Maiava, Miles Burris, & Sio Moore, I'm starting to wonder if the Raiders are thinking of making a move to a 3-4 base.
Burnett SLB (left side)

Roach

Burris (or Moore) WLB.

Maiava is (so far) just a guy, and Burris may be just a guy as well.

You guys are going to love Moore (I am a UCONN season ticket holder). 3 down backer, and he lays some monster hits.

:thanks:

Thanks for the insight. Any word on attitude/character/leadership/meth addiction? Anything we need to know?

:thanks:

Thanks for the insight. Any word on attitude/character/leadership/meth addiction? Anything we need to know?
Team leader, beast in the weight room, high character kid. He is just a relentless player. He is a very underrated pass rusher, When asked to stand up on the line, he consistently generated pressure.

You guys are going to love Moore (I am a UCONN season ticket holder). 3 down backer, and he lays some monster hits. Tyvon Branch and Sio Moore representing the Huskies!
:thanks: Thanks for the insight. Any word on attitude/character/leadership/meth addiction? Anything we need to know?
Loads of personality, I can tell you that just from a ten minute radio spot. Reminded me a lot of Kirk Morrison. Very happy, likable guy.

The Raiders bulked up their linebacking corps with the drafting of outside linebackerSio Moore out of Connecticut.

Born in Liberia, Sio is short for Snorio which, as he says, means "God is the greatest."

The 6-1, 245 pound linebacker projects most as a weakside linebacker in the NFL but could also play strong side linebacker or 3-4 rush linebacker. He's an explosive athlete with sideline to sideline speed and showed the ability to cover the slot or tight ends at Connecticut. He tested through the roof in the explosive drills at the combine and it shows on tape.

The 3-year starter is very smart and rarely out of position. It showed up as he averaged nearly 90 tackles in those three seasons. He needs to improve upon shedding blocks as he can get overwhelmed by bigger, stronger lineman. Although, he was still able to rack up 44 tackles for loss.

Connecticut used Moore all over the field including as a pass rusher. He is best when he rushing off the edge and can use his speed to beat tackles around the corner. A very quick first step helping him accrue 16.0 sacks the past three seasons. He is in the backfield consistendly, forcing the QB to flush the pocket early or be chased down by Moore's speed. He was a nightmare for QB's this season, when he wasn't getting the sack he was moving the pocket and/or getting his hands in passing lanes.

While he isn't chasing down QB's, he is impressing in coverage and does a nice job of jamming receivers at the line to disrupt their route. His coverage skills showed up with his 11 passes defended last season and 8 PD the year before.

So who do the Raiders target tomorrow. 3rd pick in the 4th round. Do they finally add somebody to the d-line? a QB?

I'm liking the picks so far. The Watson pick seems to be a project. But like previously stated if Mayock thinks the Raiders did well with the pick, I'll buy in.

We dont have to take a position just because its considered a need. There was never a need to take a RT or OLB. Reggie is picking the guys he likes and he isnt judging by what the media says. That's what Al Davis did and I respect that.

Round 1. Reggie got his CB and number 1 defensive player on his board. Coming into this draft, I was seriously concerned that McKenzie didnt put enough importance on the CB position. After Reggie said he would have picked Hayden with the third overall pick, that concern is completely erased. I have no issue with ranking Hayden above Milliner. I didnt like passing up Lotulelei but only Star and Jarvis Jones were players who looked clearly better to me at the 12th pick than Hayden. CBs are risky but I cant complain, I'm glad we got a potential shut down corner.

Round 2. Reggie got his offensive lineman. McKenzie continues to put more emphasis on the offensive line than any other offensive position. I like that. Watson has the physical tools of a top 15 pick. He lacks experience and "nastiness" but he has the physical makeup of an NFL tackle. Hopefully Lamar Houston puts Watson on his rear hard the first day of camp and Watson responds with some attitude. If he shows that attitude, he'll be able to start on either side of the line someday in the future. Barnes is getting old and only on a one year deal while Veldheer is in the last year of his rookie tenure. The current depth at OT is real weak. So its definately a position of need so the gamble is justified.

Round 3. McKenzie, the former LB, gets yet another OLB. With Tarver's 3-4 background and the total makeover in our front 7, its not a bad idea. Moore can rush the passer and he can drop into coverage. He played in a hybrid defense in college. Moore was very productive so this looks like a safe pick.

Besides drafting Moore, we also resigned DE/OLB Andre Carter and added DE Hunter. I dont think we need to add any more pass rushers this year. I'd like to see another DT/NT but like I said we dont have to take any particuliar position in the draft. TE is a clear need but there's no reason we cant simply sign a veteran to fill that spot. We dont have to draft one. Let's just get a good player in round 4.

Targets: QB Barkley, DT Jesse Williams, RB Lattimore, WR Da'Rick Rogers, QB Wilson, OC Jones, QB Nassib, QB Bray. notes: Rogers is a first round talent who got busted for weed. Worth the risk at this point. Williams is a solid nose tackle prospect. Lattimore and Jones are big talents who are recovering from serious injuries. The value is ripe at QB and this might be our last chance, we dont have a 5th round pick.

Hey, quick thing about Menelik Watson.

I've heard a lot about him last few days, from Cosell, and McShay, and Mayock.

They all had questions. But the questions were about Watson as a LT, in the first round.

Taking him in the 2nd, as a RT, is a whole different kettle of fish. I am pretty excited about a kid at a spot that has been a problem since Lincoln Kennedy.

We dont have to take a position just because its considered a need. There was never a need to take a RT or OLB. Reggie is picking the guys he likes and he isnt judging by what the media says. That's what Al Davis did and I respect that.Round 1. Reggie got his CB and number 1 defensive player on his board. Coming into this draft, I was seriously concerned that McKenzie didnt put enough importance on the CB position. After Reggie said he would have picked Hayden with the third overall pick, that concern is completely erased. I have no issue with ranking Hayden above Milliner. I didnt like passing up Lotulelei but only Star and Jarvis Jones were players who looked clearly better to me at the 12th pick than Hayden. CBs are risky but I cant complain, I'm glad we got a potential shut down corner.Round 2. Reggie got his offensive lineman. McKenzie continues to put more emphasis on the offensive line than any other offensive position. I like that. Watson has the physical tools of a top 15 pick. He lacks experience and "nastiness" but he has the physical makeup of an NFL tackle. Hopefully Lamar Houston puts Watson on his rear hard the first day of camp and Watson responds with some attitude. If he shows that attitude, he'll be able to start on either side of the line someday in the future. Barnes is getting old and only on a one year deal while Veldheer is in the last year of his rookie tenure. The current depth at OT is real weak. So its definately a position of need so the gamble is justified.Round 3. McKenzie, the former LB, gets yet another OLB. With Tarver's 3-4 background and the total makeover in our front 7, its not a bad idea. Moore can rush the passer and he can drop into coverage. He played in a hybrid defense in college. Moore was very productive so this looks like a safe pick.Besides drafting Moore, we also resigned DE/OLB Andre Carter and added DE Hunter. I dont think we need to add any more pass rushers this year. I'd like to see another DT/NT but like I said we dont have to take any particuliar position in the draft. TE is a clear need but there's no reason we cant simply sign a veteran to fill that spot. We dont have to draft one. Let's just get a good player in round 4.Targets: QB Barkley, DT Jesse Williams, DE/OLB Demontre Moore, WR Da'Rick Rogers, QB Wilson, QB Nassib, QB Bray. notes: Moore and Rogers are first round talents who have gotten busted for weed. Worth the risk at this point. Williams is a solid nose tackle prospect. The value is ripe at QB and this might be our last chance, we dont have a 5th round pick.
Demontre Moore was picked in the 3rd by the Giants.

Tyler Wilson is an interesting prospect. Phil Savage couldn't stop raving about him after the Senior Bowl, and he still is.

WR isn't our biggest need, but Chris Harper always impressed me. There's nothing particularly special about him, but you look up and he's always open and making catches. He looks kind of like a mini-Terrell Owens.

If Jesse Williams' knee is a problem, here's another DT worth hoping for:

12. (140) Montori Hughes, Tennessee-Martin
HT: 6-4 WT: 329 40: 5.13 Projected Round: 4
Overview: Hughes prepped at Hargrave Military Academy for a year before joining the Tennessee Volunteers in 2009 and was a starter by 2010. He was demoted and later dismissed from the team due to sev-eral non-football incidents. Hughes transferred to Tennessee-Martin and became the full-time starter in 2012, finishing with 42 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 4.0 sacks.
Hughes is a gifted athlete for his frame and although he has some character issues that need to be investigated, his skill-set will earn him a shot in the NFL. He also did most of his damage against FCS-level com-petition, but he didn't look out of place against the top talents at the Sen-ior Bowl.
Hughes stood out at the Senior Bowl with his quickness and fiery play-ing style, and helped himself in the minds of scouts.
Strengths: Passes the eye test with good bulk throughout his frame. Works hard in the weight room and has added approximately 75 pounds since high school. Moves light on his feet with an explosive first step to beat blockers off the snap. Shows natural burst to close and finish in a flash. Shows an intense competitive nature and loves to talk on the field. Large, powerful hands to swat blockers and stays balanced through contact.
Weaknesses: Questions about whether or not he can keep his head on straight after multiple incidents in Knoxville, although nothing criminal. Allows his pad level to rise off the snap and will struggle with leverage. Room to improve his fundamentals to shed quicker, relying too much on his tools and not technique. Needs to improve his awareness and recog-nition skills to find the ball quicker and react accordingly.

Five picks today. Hooray.

100-172-176-205-209

By the way, it should be said: I am definitely giving the benefit of the doubt to the front office on draft day, but later today, all I want to hear is how the Raiders ran out and signed every UDFA worth talking to.

There's no agent alive that wouldn't be telling his (TE-RB-OG-OT-DE-DT-MLB-CB-FS) client to sign with Oakland. Lots of open roster spots.

Targets update: QB Barkley, DT Jesse Williams, RB Lattimore, WR Da'Rick Rogers, QB Wilson, OC Jones, QB Nassib, QB Bray. Reggie seems to like players coming off serious injuries so I have to throw Lattimore and Jones in there. That's 5 or 6 guys on this list who had potential to be first round picks.

Oh, and to further jinx players we won't take, I am interested in seeing where Quanterras Smith goes.

6'5", 250, runs well, collected three sacks vs. Alabama, then tore an ACL.

Interesting stat from ESPN:

All five teams with 7+ picks today were playoff teams last year (GB, SEA, ATL, BAL, SF). Six of the seven teams with 3 or fewer WERE NOT.

Boatload of good teams have a TON of picks (SEA 10 picks, SF 8 picks). Wonder if could get a 3 for 1 deal. I would be quite happy collecting 5's and 6's here.

Draft one of these top centers, and put him at guard?
 Jones may have to spend his first year on IR but is a sure starter if he heals right. I have no faith in Brisiel so I'd be very happy with Jones. Jones would be fine at RG but it would probably be better to play Jones at center and move Wiz back to LG. That would leave Bergstrom, Nix, and Parsons all in contention for the RG spot if Brisiel flunks again and gets released in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread