What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

12 team, PPRGave: Moreno, 2.12Received: 1.05
What's with all this Moreno love?The guy will be 26 next year, has been in the NFL for 4 yrs and never really done anything, and only got his shot when no one else was left this year. The only reason he put up numbers was due to his big workload during the last 6 games of the year, logging in 130 carries (22 carries/game) with a pretty terrible 3.8 ypc and 3 TDs in that time. Oh, and despite averaging 22 carries/game, he only topped 100 yards twice. All this while facing the 27th ranked KC defense TWICE, 18th ranked Oakland defense, 19th ranked Cleveland defense, and 20th ranked Baltimore defense.I'm gonna go out on a pretty thick limb and predict that Moreno will not be the main RB for Denver in 2013. I have no idea how this guy is getting high 1st round picks in trades.
I was very surprised to get 1.04 for him, but people see the late season numbers and are projecting them into next season. Don't see it myself so was happy to have my deal accepted
I am suspicious of Moreno's upside but my question is what is with all the hand wringing over a RB turning 26?
It's not just that he's going to be 26 it's that he hasn't been very good even when healthy. Last year he was tied for the worst YPC on the team - with Lance Ball. If he could stay healthy I could see him being a low RB1 but I think that's unlikely and not worth high 1st round picks.
Then why mention that he is 26 if it is a non issue? Again, I am asking to figure out what I am missing.
It IS an issue in the sense that he's 26 and still has not shown difference making ability. He's not going to just figure it out now. His injuries have zapped most of the ability he had coming into the league. As he gets older, that declining ability is only going to decline further. At least that's the smart bet.His production and value was inflated by his PPR numbers.

What's with all this Moreno love?The guy will be 26 next year, has been in the NFL for 4 yrs and never really done anything, and only got his shot when no one else was left this year. The only reason he put up numbers was due to his big workload during the last 6 games of the year, logging in 130 carries (22 carries/game) with a pretty terrible 3.8 ypc and 3 TDs in that time. Oh, and despite averaging 22 carries/game, he only topped 100 yards twice. All this while facing the 27th ranked KC defense TWICE, 18th ranked Oakland defense, 19th ranked Cleveland defense, and 20th ranked Baltimore defense.I'm gonna go out on a pretty thick limb and predict that Moreno will not be the main RB for Denver in 2013. I have no idea how this guy is getting high 1st round picks in trades.
I was very surprised to get 1.04 for him, but people see the late season numbers and are projecting them into next season. Don't see it myself so was happy to have my deal accepted
I am suspicious of Moreno's upside but my question is what is with all the hand wringing over a RB turning 26?
It's not just that he's going to be 26 it's that he hasn't been very good even when healthy. Last year he was tied for the worst YPC on the team - with Lance Ball. If he could stay healthy I could see him being a low RB1 but I think that's unlikely and not worth high 1st round picks.
Then why mention that he is 26 if it is a non issue? Again, I am asking to figure out what I am missing.
It IS an issue in the sense that he's 26 and still has not shown difference making ability. He's not going to just figure it out now. His injuries have zapped most of the ability he had coming into the league. As he gets older, that declining ability is only going to decline further. At least that's the smart bet.His production and value was inflated by his PPR numbers.
Right. His window of opportunity is very small. If he doesn't put it together next year, then he's now a 27 year old rb who will be written off. If he were only 23 or 24, he'd still have a shot if it didn't work out next year. That's why I'd take Beanie over him all day and I certainly wouldn't pay a first for Beanie now. Gambling on young rbs is one thing. Gambling on older rbs mean they have to hit now or you just crapped out.

'jonboltz said:
'Concept Coop said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
I tend to agree. I picked Moreno up on waivers when he was dropped mid-season, specualting that perhaps he could have a Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson revitalization in a new location, but was looking to move him once the season ended knowing his value may never get higher. Gave: Moreno, Knowshon DEN RBRecieved: Turbin, Robert SEA RB; Year 2013 2.01 Draft Pick; Year 2013 2.07 Draft PickNot nearly as good as some of the trades in here, but still good value. I'm not a Lynch owner in that league but like Turbin's long term outlook.
You go great value here. Turbin is a very good player, in my opinion. He really surprised me with his hands and ability to turn up field after the catch. I would much rather Turbin than Moreno in a vacuum. Granted, Moreno is not stuck behind Lynch, but I don't think it is a given he is starting next season. Add 2.01 and 2.07 and it is a no-brainer for me.
I'm a Lynch owner in a league that is trying to get Turbin, and am seriously considering 1.11 for him. (or 2.11 and J Wright, but I don't think that would get it done). So I'd say that you got a good return for Moreno.
You'd give 1.11 for Turbin?

'I was in the pool said:
Deals like this keep the team receiving Moreno out of the playoffs and with an early pick each year with no way out of the hole.

16 team .5 ppr. I wasn't involvedChris JohnsonBrian HartlineForBowegarçonI personally like the Garçon side a lot better.

12 team PPRTeam A Gave : Kendall Wright (taxi squad) + 1.08 + Danario Alexander (2 years total left)Team B Gave : Justin Blackmon

Last edited by a moderator:
'jonboltz said:
'Concept Coop said:
'Dr. Octopus said:
I tend to agree. I picked Moreno up on waivers when he was dropped mid-season, specualting that perhaps he could have a Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson revitalization in a new location, but was looking to move him once the season ended knowing his value may never get higher. Gave: Moreno, Knowshon DEN RBRecieved: Turbin, Robert SEA RB; Year 2013 2.01 Draft Pick; Year 2013 2.07 Draft PickNot nearly as good as some of the trades in here, but still good value. I'm not a Lynch owner in that league but like Turbin's long term outlook.
You go great value here. Turbin is a very good player, in my opinion. He really surprised me with his hands and ability to turn up field after the catch. I would much rather Turbin than Moreno in a vacuum. Granted, Moreno is not stuck behind Lynch, but I don't think it is a given he is starting next season. Add 2.01 and 2.07 and it is a no-brainer for me.
I'm a Lynch owner in a league that is trying to get Turbin, and am seriously considering 1.11 for him. (or 2.11 and J Wright, but I don't think that would get it done). So I'd say that you got a good return for Moreno.
You'd give 1.11 for Turbin?
If I couldn't get him for less, I'd probably bite and make the deal. My team is championship caliber, but thin in depth at RB and would not be able to survive an injury to Lynch.

Acquired the 2.11 in a trade last night, essentially for James Jones. Just used it to buy Jonathan Stewart. I'd already traded him earlier this season to get Julio Jones and as a admitted J.Stew addict I missed having him tempting me every week and am delighted to get him for just a 2.11

Acquired the 2.11 in a trade last night, essentially for James Jones. Just used it to buy Jonathan Stewart. I'd already traded him earlier this season to get Julio Jones and as a admitted J.Stew addict I missed having him tempting me every week and am delighted to get him for just a 2.11
Wait, you traded James Jones for the 2.11 rookie pick?! You got hosed!You then traded the 2.11 rookie pick for J Stew?!How in the world did you pull that off?!

Just traded Bilal Powell to move from the #8 rookie pick to the #6 rookie pick and picked up a 2014 4th round rookie pick as well. 10 teamer.

Wait, you traded James Jones for the 2.11 rookie pick?! You got hosed!You then traded the 2.11 rookie pick for J Stew?!How in the world did you pull that off?!
The initial deal was Moreno, James Jones and 4.12 for the 1.04 and 2.11 picks, so was happy with the overall value I got there.Must admit, I'm extremely surprised the Stewart owner accepted 2.11 for him, he's taken over the worst team in the league and I gambled he'd want the pick as he's in full rebuild mode

The initial deal was Moreno, James Jones and 4.12 for the 1.04 and 2.11 picks, so was happy with the overall value I got there.Must admit, I'm extremely surprised the Stewart owner accepted 2.11 for him, he's taken over the worst team in the league and I gambled he'd want the pick as he's in full rebuild mode
You gambled he'd want the pick? Exactly what was the gamble? You gave up practically nothing for Stewart

Just traded Bilal Powell to move from the #8 rookie pick to the #6 rookie pick and picked up a 2014 4th round rookie pick as well. 10 teamer.
Why would someone move down two slots for bilal Powell?
He's an uninformed Shonn Greene owner? I don't think Green is back in NY, so Powell becomes the guy (at least initially), and it's not like he was going to get a difference maker at 6 anyway with this weak draft.I did it in hopes of landing Lattimore at 6 and putting him in my IR spot for the year.

He's an uninformed Shonn Greene owner? I don't think Green is back in NY, so Powell becomes the guy (at least initially), and it's not like he was going to get a difference maker at 6 anyway with this weak draft.I did it in hopes of landing Lattimore at 6 and putting him in my IR spot for the year.
You don't have to defend the guy just because you took him for what he's worth.

Chris JohnsonFor1.8Mark Ingram
Even deal.
Interesting considering in a start up on the "2013 startup" page the 1st draft out of the shoot went like this.CJ went in the 3rdIngram went in the 9th and the 1.8 went in the 12thI own CJ in a league and would never do this deal.
I agree, that's not nearly enough for Johnson.
Ditto. Own Johnson in one league and this would have been rejected fairly quickly.

Pretty standard 12 team PPR. Gave: RB Daryl Richardson, 2014 1stGot: WR Cecil Shorts Bit of a gamble for me, but I like Shorts and I think he'll be an every week starter for me right away. Richardson has upside, but is still a bit of a question mark for me and I don't see the 2014 draft having any slam dunk players besides Lee and maybe Bridgewater and Dyer.

Same league. Gave: 1.06 rookie pick, WR TY HiltonGot: QB Russell WilsonMy other QBs were Roethlisberger and Bradford. :unsure:

Same league.

Gave: 1.06 rookie pick, WR TY Hilton

Got: QB Russell Wilson

My other QBs were Roethlisberger and Bradford. :unsure:
Sick life, the league I acquired Harvin, DMC, Gronk in couple pages ago, I inquired about Cam/Wilson. Cam he wouldn't trade, Wilson, he wanted at the very fair price of Julio Jones. I legit lol'ed. Would post the email exchange but it would clutter up the thread!

Same league.

Gave: 1.06 rookie pick, WR TY Hilton

Got: QB Russell Wilson

My other QBs were Roethlisberger and Bradford. :unsure:
Sick life, the league I acquired Harvin, DMC, Gronk in couple pages ago, I inquired about Cam/Wilson. Cam he wouldn't trade, Wilson, he wanted at the very fair price of Julio Jones. I legit lol'ed. Would post the email exchange but it would clutter up the thread!
I think it's a decent deal for both sides. Other owner had Kaep and Stafford already. There will be some nice RB/WR/TE out there for him at 1.06. I'd be lying if I said I was high on TY Hilton entering the season (I got him off waivers), but he had a great rookie year. Five 100+ yard games. I think he was a top 20 FF WR in the second half. And it's not like he's some bum off the street. 3rd round pick with legit speed who put up great stats in college. He looks like a real player. It's just a question of upside. If the Colts keep airing it out, he could be something like a Randall Cobb.

It wasn't an automatic accept for me, but I felt it was worth a punt to get a solid player at QB. Bradford has basically been a bust for me and Ben is getting old for a guy who takes a lot of hits. It was time to find a new solution.

Chris JohnsonFor1.8Mark Ingram
Even deal.
Interesting considering in a start up on the "2013 startup" page the 1st draft out of the shoot went like this.CJ went in the 3rdIngram went in the 9th and the 1.8 went in the 12thI own CJ in a league and would never do this deal.
That's fine - I tend not to base how I feel about trades on ADP. If CJ wants to play, he can. I don't own him in any leagues and certainly think drafting him the 3rd round is an enormous mistake in dynasty.

'dewmass said:
Really? As a Julio owner myself I don't think I'd accept this deal, certainly wouldn't be ecstatic
I'd do it, but I'm high on Shorts.Cruz scored about as much as Julio...despite the Giants 2nd half meldown. He was top 5 in receptions, TDs, and yardage before then. And his season last year was special, production wise. Maybe when Roddy retires Julio will start putting up Calvin numbers. But, in the meantime, I expect Cruz to score on pace with him. I am only recently getting around to watching Jags games, specifically for Shorts/Blackmon. I think he's legit. His advanced stats are insane - what he did per catch was pretty close to Calvin.

'djmich said:
12 team PPRTeam A Gave : Kendall Wright (taxi squad) + 1.08 + Danario Alexander (2 years total left)Team B Gave : Justin Blackmon
Lots of people very high on Blackmon. Thats three valuable pieces for him.
I'm all about consolidating here. Before the draft last year, I liked Wright A LOT better....but by the end of the season Blackmon started to show something special that could land him in the top 10 very soon. Wright, although likely a solid WR, is WR#2 upside IMO. I like Danario Alexander, but injuries and only 2 years in this league until he's a FA......pretty much dispensable.....given my WRs are AJ Green, Harvin, Nicks, and Cobb. I had 1.03 and 1.07 as well as 1.08, so moving 1.08 wasn't a hard thing to do. I'd much rather have an elite prospect (YES BLACKMON IS NOW AN ELITE PROSPECT) than a bunch of pieces. Again, I think consolidating is the best thing people with strong teams can do!

'JPeso said:
'dewmass said:
'Shawnky said:
'finito said:
A gets Julio Jones, 2.09B gets Victor Cruz, Cecil Shorts, 1.10I wasn't involved.
Wow! Wish I owned Julio! I'd be ecstatic to get this!
Really? As a Julio owner myself I don't think I'd accept this deal, certainly wouldn't be ecstatic
This.
You guys are nuts. This deal is extremely lopsided. Julio and Cruz are of equal value here. After that all you have to do is look at the rest of the deal. I like Julio, but he's not Calvin.

'JPeso said:
'dewmass said:
'Shawnky said:
'finito said:
A gets Julio Jones, 2.09B gets Victor Cruz, Cecil Shorts, 1.10I wasn't involved.
This.
You guys are nuts. This deal is extremely lopsided. Julio and Cruz are of equal value here. After that all you have to do is look at the rest of the deal. I like Julio, but he's not Calvin.
I'm on the Julio side as well.

'Skeletore Eh said:
'matttyl said:
'Skeletore Eh said:
You don't have to defend the guy just because you took him for what he's worth.
In this draft I don't see a huge difference between 1.06 and 1.08. There is a possibility that Powell is the Jets starting RB this season. Shonn Greene is a UFA and the Jets are currently $20 MM over the cap with only 11 starters from last season under contract - they may not find a better RB in the draft and it's unlikely that they have the money to sign a productive FA. Powell actually looked pretty explosive when he got his carries (of course when the comparison is Shonn Greene it's not tough to look more expolsive).I don't see that as such a terrible trade. It's very possible that the player taken at 1.08 outperforms the player taken at 1.06. If Powell works out, then all the better.

'JPeso said:
'dewmass said:
'Shawnky said:
'finito said:
This.
I'm on the Julio side as well.
Cruz side by a wide margin for me.

Prefer the Cruz side as well. Even if you don't like Shorts, him and the pick can be easily moved for other value. Cruz and Jones are about as similar as they come.

14 team dynasty league w/ 14 devys each year, almost all FBG's in this leaguePPR scale 1.25/1/.75Four trades recently:Team A gave- Mendenhall, S. HolmesTeam B gave- 1.6Team B gave- 2.1Team C gave- Andre RobertsTeam A gave- Kaepernick, TY Hilton, 1.10, 2014 2ndTeam D gave- Victor Cruz, FlaccoTeam D gave- McFaddenTeam E gave- G. Jennings, 1.11 devy

14 team dynasty league w/ 14 devys each year, almost all FBG's in this leaguePPR scale 1.25/1/.75Four trades recently:Team A gave- Mendenhall, S. HolmesTeam B gave- 1.6Team B gave- 2.1Team C gave- Andre RobertsTeam A gave- Kaepernick, TY Hilton, 1.10, 2014 2ndTeam D gave- Victor Cruz, FlaccoTeam D gave- McFaddenTeam E gave- G. Jennings, 1.11 devy
1) I like the Mendy, Holmes side.....not because of Mendy, but because Holmes is underrated and should land on a team in need and a viable QB. I see Holmes rebounding huge this year. At 1.06, that team will be lucky to get a WR of Holmes' talent.2) Give me 2.1 scratch off lottery ticket. Roberts might turn out to be a good #3 WR if a QB lands in ARI, but honestly if you are counting on Roberts as a starter in a dynasty league your squad has problems.3) I like the Kaepernick, Hilton, 1.10, and 2014 2nd4) Give me Jennings + 1.11 simply because McFadden can't stay healthy.

Prefer the Cruz side as well. Even if you don't like Shorts, him and the pick can be easily moved for other value. Cruz and Jones are about as similar as they come.
I really don't see how Cruz and jones are as similar as they come?I'll easily take the Julio side. He's the type of player you build a team around. He's three years younger and I don't think he has come close to fulfilling his potential (while still out scoring Cruz this past season). I also see these two trending in opposite directions production wise next year. With a healthy nicks I think Cruz's production will dip while Julio's will continue to increase with the likely retirement of tony g and the continual aging of white.

'JPeso said:
'dewmass said:
'Shawnky said:
'finito said:
This.
Julio side for me. Some already value Julio over Calvin. In those leagues where Julio is not already untouchable (like the one above), this is the last year that he can be acquired (at least until he turns 28+).

1) I like the Mendy, Holmes side.....not because of Mendy, but because Holmes is underrated and should land on a team in need and a viable QB. I see Holmes rebounding huge this year. At 1.06, that team will be lucky to get a WR of Holmes' talent.
I'll tell you where Holmes is going to land this year. Where is is right now. The Jets can't cut him because of the cap hit and no team is going to take on that contract.

'JPeso said:
'dewmass said:
'Shawnky said:
'finito said:
This.
Julio side for me. Some already value Julio over Calvin. In those leagues where Julio is not already untouchable (like the one above), this is the last year that he can be acquired (at least until he turns 28+).
A healthy Nicks? Never heard of him. It's the Cruz show in new York. Nicks won't be a giant after next season.

1) I like the Mendy, Holmes side.....not because of Mendy, but because Holmes is underrated and should land on a team in need and a viable QB. I see Holmes rebounding huge this year. At 1.06, that team will be lucky to get a WR of Holmes' talent.
I'll tell you where Holmes is going to land this year. Where is is right now. The Jets can't cut him because of the cap hit and no team is going to take on that contract.
Yeah, you are right....I heard on the radio that he's a FA, but double checked after I posted and he's not a FA until 2016. I guess I would change my mind and stick with the 1.06 pick given this information.

I really don't see how Cruz and jones are as similar as they come?I'll easily take the Julio side. He's the type of player you build a team around. He's three years younger and I don't think he has come close to fulfilling his potential (while still out scoring Cruz this past season). I also see these two trending in opposite directions production wise next year. With a healthy nicks I think Cruz's production will dip while Julio's will continue to increase with the likely retirement of tony g and the continual aging of white.
They are both young enough that I'm not going to put any added weight on being 23 vs 26 years old.Their scoring in 2012 was almost identical (7 total points separating the two of them).Julio may 'fulfill his potential', but what would that look like? Something like 80+ catches, 1500+ yards, 8+ TDs that Cruz already accomplished *all the way back* in 2011?What if the attention that White and Gonzo is getting is actually helping Jones?

A healthy Nicks? Never heard of him. It's the Cruz show in new York. Nicks won't be a giant after next season.

Cruz's production is higher when Nicks is playing - it opens things up for him. They play two different positions and the NYG offense is mismatch/audible based. They don't force feed guys. I agree Julio is more valuable, but not by that amount. Cecil Shorts is a high upside WR2, in my opinion. He is what Cruz was during his breakout season.

Users who are viewing this thread