What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

'ConnSKINS26 said:
'EBF said:
But Murray isn't that good, and is injury prone to boot.

I would rather have Blackmon by a wide margin.
The first is entirely subjective, and i disagree. but that doesn't matter much. The second is something that dynasty owners as a group have proven to ignore again and again in the pursuit young, starting 3-down RB's. The potential reward is too great. I can see the argument for Blackmon, especially if team needs dictate it as well. But my argument is that Murray's ADP will continue to be higher than Blackmon's. I don't see a great argument against it.
Exactly and EBF always fails to give a disclaimer that Murray is one of many players that he has never liked, so one must take anything he says about this player (which is always negative) with a tub of Mortons.

Sorry, didn't realize that we're obligated to post our entire history of opinions about a player before we are allowed to comment on him.

Here goes:

Murray sucks and can't stay healthy to boot.

:boxing:

Sorry, didn't realize that we're obligated to post our entire history of opinions about a player before we are allowed to comment on him.
Normally it isn't necessary but people here might believe that you actually have some objectivity in your view of players - which while generally true, is not always the case, particularly where the hate (or love) of an individual player is long standing and not always rational.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a real Qb lands in jville Blackmon with be worth so much more then Murray. I don't chase 3 down backs when they can't finish a year.

Murray is a much much less talented McFadden.

Zealots 53 man IDP, non PPR:

Team A gets - D. Richardson & 2013 1.07

Team B gets - S. Ridley & P. Garcon

Zealots 53 man IDP, non PPR:Team A gets - D. Richardson & 2013 1.07Team B gets - S. Ridley & P. Garcon
Trades like this make me question why I just don't send nonsensical trades to every owner in all my leagues, in the hope that one of them is completely wasted or accidentally clicks accept.

Team A gets MurrayTeam B gets Blackmon12 team ppr dynasty
Team B seems to be the winner, but depending on the context of the league I could also see the Murray owner coming out on top.
As a Murray owner I'd never move him for Blackmon.
As a Blackmon owner I'd never move him for Murray. :boxing:
I prefer Blackmon to Murray by a decent margin. And suspect this summer startups will reflect that as well.
I highly duobt that. Dynasty owners are always chasing starting 3-down RB's. By summer time Murray hype will be in full effect and Blackmon's QB situation and the emergence of Shorts will both possibly hurt his value. I think you'll see Murray's ADP consistently higher than Blackmon's all offseason.
I'm running a series of offseason mocks drafts that have just started this weekend. Most are still in the first couple of rounds. Only one is 4 rounds deep so far. Murray went 4.02 and Blackmon is still available entering the 5th round. I actually would prefer Blackmon, but I think Murray's ADP will be higher.

Non-PPR league but with bonuses for 100/300 yd games and long TDs

Team A receives: Russell Wilson, Daryl Richardson, 1.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6,

Team B receives: Cam Newton, DMC, 1.12, 2.3

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

Quick, Brian STL WR

Team B gave up

Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

Non-PPR league but with bonuses for 100/300 yd games and long TDsTeam A receives: Russell Wilson, Daryl Richardson, 1.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, Team B receives: Cam Newton, DMC, 1.12, 2.3
I really like Team A's side in this one. Solid players with upside, and a bunch of high picks vs. Question marks. I know guys will say Cam is the best player in the deal, but I'm not so sure. I'll take the players and upside for Team A in a dynasty league.

12 Team PPRTeam A gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QBBlackmon, Justin JAC WRQuick, Brian STL WRTeam B gave up Moreno, Knowshon DEN RBMaclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Team A is the one I'd rather have ... This one isn't even close IMHO

12 Team PPRTeam A gave up Kaepernick, Colin SFO QBBlackmon, Justin JAC WRQuick, Brian STL WRTeam B gave up Moreno, Knowshon DEN RBMaclin, Jeremy PHI WR
Team A ... This one isn't even close IMHO
Even if you call Maclin for Blackmon a wash, that's Kaep/Quick for Moreno.
Id much rather have kaep and blackmon than maclin and moreno. Sell moreno before he gets hurt again.

Middle of the road QB1/QB2's are never great trade bait in start 1-QB leagues.
:goodposting:Ask any longtime Roethlisberger owner what you can get for guys like that.
Just got a 2014 1st for him from the owner of this year's 1.04 pick. Happy with it.
There's a reason he's picking 1.04.
I understand the point, but that's a poor comparison IMO (at least at this time). Ben is 31 this offseason, and has had 1 full season in his 9 year NFL career. Dalton is 5.5 years younger, much less wear and tear, has had zero injury issues, and has a top 2 dynasty WR with him for the foreseeable future (Ben never had a WR of that caliber). Dalton's had 52 TDs his first two years to Ben's 34 his first two. Maybe you should ask what you could have gotten for Ben when he was 25 (if my math is right that would have been after the 2007 season) when he had 34 TDs, had back to back seasons of 15 games (less perceived injury risk) and was selected to the pro bowl, and already had 1 Super Bowl trophy under his belt. Possibly a better comparison would be what you could have gotten for Matt Ryan after his 2010 season (age 25, but 3 years in league - 3,700 yards with 28 TDs to 9 picks and the Falcons had just drafted Julio Jones). That might be a stretch, but I think a 2010 Ryan is a better comparison to a 2012 Dalton's 2012 dynasty value than a 2012 Big Ben is.

12 team PPRTeam A gets: McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Greg Olsen, 1.12Team B gets: 1.02
Even though no building block studs in this draft, give me 1.2 over a bunch of fluff all day.
Depending on scoring format I would call Olsen "fluff." For reference, in the FFPC format (ppr TE 1.5) he finished #7. In that format, getting a top 10 producer and the potential of Hillman makes this a pretty even trade IMO.

12 Team QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K/Flex PPR

I give:

Marshawn Lynch

Michael Crabtree

I receive:

Darren McFadden

Percy Harvin

Jordy Nelson

2014 2nd (Probably late)

Didn't even receive and email, clicked on one of my tabs, it reloaded and saw this offer. My team is pretty strong at WR, somewhat weak at RB, but plenty of ammo to get a RB if needed.

12 Team QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K/Flex PPRI give:Marshawn LynchMichael CrabtreeI receive:Darren McFaddenPercy HarvinJordy Nelson2014 2nd (Probably late)Didn't even receive and email, clicked on one of my tabs, it reloaded and saw this offer. My team is pretty strong at WR, somewhat weak at RB, but plenty of ammo to get a RB if needed.
I couldn't accept fast enough.

Just made a big one. 12 teams, PPR, huge rosters. Offense only.

Gave:

Foster

Witten

Turner

Got:

Gronk

Mathews

Tough to downgrade from Foster to Mathews when I just won the championship, but the chance to acquire Gronk made me take the risk. I add him to a core of Cam, Trent, and Calvin and I see a bunch of young, nearly untouchable players.

My lineup is now:

Cam

Trent, Murray, Mathews

Calvin, Welker, Decker

Gronk

Hurts in the short term since Witten is also top-5, but I couldn't pass up Gronk.

12 team PPR dynasty, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Gave up

Miles Austin

2014 2nd

Got

Jon Baldwin

2014 1st

Basically I've had an ### full of Austin's hammy, and Dez looks like he's coming on. Hoping new coach in KC can knock some sense into Baldwin in his 3rd year, Bowe leaving wouldn't suck either. Don't like this year's draft but like the way 2014 is shaping up.

Rest of team post trade

Ryan, Fitzpatrick

Ingram, Tate, Mendy, MJD, Martin, Wilson, Bradshaw

Baldwin, Stevie Johnson, Julio, Sanu, Quick, Douglas, Gettis, McCluster

Olsen, Rudolph

Still trying to trade away some RB talent to upgrade WR, but haven't found a match yet.

12 team PPR dynasty, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FlexGave upMiles Austin2014 2ndGot Jon Baldwin2014 1stBasically I've had an ### full of Austin's hammy, and Dez looks like he's coming on. Hoping new coach in KC can knock some sense into Baldwin in his 3rd year, Bowe leaving wouldn't suck either. Don't like this year's draft but like the way 2014 is shaping up.Rest of team post tradeRyan, FitzpatrickIngram, Tate, Mendy, MJD, Martin, Wilson, BradshawBaldwin, Stevie Johnson, Julio, Sanu, Quick, Douglas, Gettis, McClusterOlsen, RudolphStill trying to trade away some RB talent to upgrade WR, but haven't found a match yet.
You are going to need a quarterback too

12 team PPR dynasty, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FlexGave upMiles Austin2014 2ndGot Jon Baldwin2014 1stBasically I've had an ### full of Austin's hammy, and Dez looks like he's coming on. Hoping new coach in KC can knock some sense into Baldwin in his 3rd year, Bowe leaving wouldn't suck either. Don't like this year's draft but like the way 2014 is shaping up.Rest of team post tradeRyan, FitzpatrickIngram, Tate, Mendy, MJD, Martin, Wilson, BradshawBaldwin, Stevie Johnson, Julio, Sanu, Quick, Douglas, Gettis, McClusterOlsen, RudolphStill trying to trade away some RB talent to upgrade WR, but haven't found a match yet.
There's a comma between Ryan and Fitzpatrick

Two recent trades in a 14 team dynasty w/devysTeam A gets: Ryan Mathews, 1.2 devy(Ka'Deem Carey or TJ Yeldon)Team B gets: Andy Dalton, Ben Tate, Josh Gordon, Rod StreaterTeam A gets: Travis Benjamin, 1.6 rookie pick, 2.1 rookie pick, 1.1 devy(Todd Gurley)Team C gets: Bilal Powell, 1.4 rookie pick, 1.5 rookie pick

Zealots league.I traded Cam Newton, Rod Streater, the 2.04 and 3.08 rookie picks this year for Justin Blackmon, Michael Crabtree and Miles Burris (LB, Oak).This leaves me with Luck, Wilson, Cousins, Flynn and Foles at QB; I added Blackmon and Crabtree to AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey and a lot of mediocrity other than that at WR; Burris, I see taking a much bigger role at MLB for Oakland.I know Newton is the best player in the trade and that many go by the "if you get the best player in a trade, you've made out the best" but I thought I have plenty else at QB (most notably, Luck) and it's a start 1 QB league.To further buttress my team, I have the 1.02 and 1.04 picks in this year's rookie draft.Earlier in the offseason I traded Big Ben for what should be a very high 2014 1st round pick.So did I screw the pooch or not?

There's a comma between Ryan and Fitzpatrick
It shows up on my computer as a comma before Ryan

Zealots league.I traded Cam Newton, Rod Streater, the 2.04 and 3.08 rookie picks this year for Justin Blackmon, Michael Crabtree and Miles Burris (LB, Oak).This leaves me with Luck, Wilson, Cousins, Flynn and Foles at QB; I added Blackmon and Crabtree to AJ Green, Andre Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey and a lot of mediocrity other than that at WR; Burris, I see taking a much bigger role at MLB for Oakland.I know Newton is the best player in the trade and that many go by the "if you get the best player in a trade, you've made out the best" but I thought I have plenty else at QB (most notably, Luck) and it's a start 1 QB league.To further buttress my team, I have the 1.02 and 1.04 picks in this year's rookie draft.Earlier in the offseason I traded Big Ben for what should be a very high 2014 1st round pick.So did I screw the pooch or not?
Probably could have gotten more for Cam but I do not think its a bad deal at all

Probably could have gotten more for Cam but I do not think its a bad deal at all
Agreed. I thought Cam would have carried more weight though. People crying out to get hold of him.

Sent: Arian FosterReceived: RGIIIHad only Vick at QB. Team was probably not contending next season even with Foster, so might as well get value for him while I could.

Sent: Arian FosterReceived: RGIIIHad only Vick at QB. Team was probably not contending next season even with Foster, so might as well get value for him while I could.
Love it.
Are folks even slightly concerned RG3 might not be the same after the surgery, which is pretty extensive? I know everyone comes back from torn ACLs these days, but for a running QB seems a bit more risky IMO

Trades in a 16 team .5 per reception, full IDP League:Team A trades:Zack Brown, LB, Tennessee Titans2013 4.14 rookie pickTeam B trades:Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego ChargersTeam A deep at LB, some WR depth.

10 Team PPR - Deep League Start 2QB/3RB/3WREli ManningBeanie WellsRyan Williams forMatt SchaubHakeem NicksShonn Greene2013 2.4Not really sure what to think, Nicks just can't stay healthy and with a weak draft class and top QB's at a premium I would take the Eli side of the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread