What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

Team A gave: Wilson/2014 1st

Team B gave: Kaep/1.9

Of note, 5 pt bonus for 300 yd passing games (and 100 yd rushing games)

2014 1st should be a playoff team.

Completed a trade a few weeks back with a plan in mind to eventually overhaul my WR core outside of demaryius Thomas... It finally has worked out even better than I had hoped...3 total trades...12 tm non ppr10 yds per pt rushing and receiving30 yds a pt for kick and punt returns6 pts for all TDsTrade 1GoodLloydHaveMercy gives...Hakeem Nicks1st rd pick from 2014MobileQB gives...1.2 from 2013----------------------------Trade 2GoodLloydHaveMercy gives...Randall CobbChris IvoryThe Brad gives...Julio Jones*conditional pick at his discretion on draft day of either the 2.8 or a late 1st rd from 2014---------------------------And finally late last night the final straw... The 1.2 was the main selling pt on this one as this guy covets and needs a RB and looks like he should be able to draft Lacy...Trade 3GoodLloydHaveMercy gives...1.2Greg LittleMartellus BennettLittle Man gives...Percy Harvin-----------------------------So that leaves me after these trades with the following starting rosterCamDoug MartinMcFaddenDemaryius ThomasJulio JonesPercy HarvinA HernandezAnd kicker and Def are irrelevant at this ptBehind the big 3 wrs I also have josh Gordon and denarius moore so I feel pretty good there now
Wow... way to recover from the first trade where you gave up way too much...
Thanks! I had a plan when I traded away Nicks... The guy I traded Nicks to had the 1.2 & 1.3 and I had a feeling that the guy who had Harvin really coveted a high pick this yr from previous discussions we had. I took a risk though because we had not discussed anything specifically but I felt I MAY be able to pry Harvin away with the 1.2 and some other players and he was in dire need of a viable TE.

This gamble paid off but it doesn't always work that way. I feel like I got kinda lucky that it panned out.

Dynasty PPR. 6pts for all TDs. Team A gets:Robert Griffin2015 1st round pick Team B gets:Bryce Brown2013 1.06 pick2014 3rd round pick2015 2nd round pick
That's highway robbery for RGIII even without the 2015 1st thrown in. Awful.
To be fair, Team B had recently acquired Cam Newton in a good trade, so RG3 was not needed by Team B. I agree Team B should have gotten more though.

Thanks! I had a plan when I traded away Nicks... The guy I traded Nicks to had the 1.2 & 1.3 and I had a feeling that the guy who had Harvin really coveted a high pick this yr from previous discussions we had. I took a risk though because we had not discussed anything specifically but I felt I MAY be able to pry Harvin away with the 1.2 and some other players and he was in dire need of a viable TE.

This gamble paid off but it doesn't always work that way. I feel like I got kinda lucky that it panned out.
Your roster is stacked, so not much to question. But do you think Harvin is worth Nicks, 2014 1st, Little, Bennet?

Team A gave: Wilson/2014 1st

Team B gave: Kaep/1.9

Of note, 5 pt bonus for 300 yd passing games (and 100 yd rushing games)

2014 1st should be a playoff team.
I like both guys, but after doing some thinking, and looking at stats, Wilson is starting to pull away for me. He had 393 passing attemps last year. The lowest by a QB starting all 16 games. The Jax duo threw for 585. Stafford almost doubled that number, with 727. There is a lot of room for increased production, and I think he can handle it, as he showed in ATL, behind, on the road, in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A gets:

RG3

Dez Bryant

Team B gets:

Andrew Luck

AJ Green

Seemed pretty even to me. Team A gets more upside, but Team B gets less risk.

Team A gets:

RG3

Dez Bryant

Team B gets:

Andrew Luck

AJ Green

I like team B by a solid margin. Until I see RG3 back to his old form, I have him a tier behind Luck in 6pt passing leagues. I like Green more than Bryant, as well. I think the upside is even, but team A took more risk without being rewarded for doing so. I'd need a mid-first to consider.

Not a bad trade, however, as Bryant and RG3 are elite talents and both have top 2 or 3 potential at their positions.

ETA: Actually, more than a first round pick. Based on ADP, team A traded a top 3 pick and a late 2nd for a late first and late 3rd.

Team A gets:

RG3

Dez Bryant

Team B gets:

Andrew Luck

AJ Green

Love this trade for Team A... RG3 and Dez both have continuing question marks... health for RG3 and attitude for Dez. I also think Luck > RG3; AJG > Dez.

Team A gets:RG3Dez Bryant Team B gets:Andrew LuckAJ GreenSeemed pretty even to me. Team A gets more upside, but Team B gets less risk.
Love this trade for Team A... RG3 and Dez both have continuing question marks... health for RG3 and attitude for Dez. I also think Luck > RG3; AJG > Dez.
Please explain how Dez' "attitude" has anything whatsoever to do with his future NFL and/or fantasy production. TIA.

Dynasty PPR. 6pts for all TDs. Team A gets:Robert Griffin2015 1st round pick Team B gets:Bryce Brown2013 1.06 pick2014 3rd round pick2015 2nd round pick
That's highway robbery for RGIII even without the 2015 1st thrown in. Awful.
To be fair, Team B had recently acquired Cam Newton in a good trade, so RG3 was not needed by Team B. I agree Team B should have gotten more though.
This boils down to about RG3 for Brown and a 2nd and 3rd. Pick 6 kinda cancels out with the 2015 1st.

One of the worst trades I have seen on here.

REally though, the 2015 1st is on the wrong side of this trade, and even then I would still take RG3

Team A gets:RG3Dez Bryant Team B gets:Andrew LuckAJ GreenSeemed pretty even to me. Team A gets more upside, but Team B gets less risk.
Please explain how Dez' "attitude" has anything whatsoever to do with his future NFL and/or fantasy production. TIA.
Ummmmm, might be better for you to explain how it DOESN'T.

Cause pretty sure 99.9% of Dez owners are worried at least a little bit about it.

I am a big Dez fan - own him everywhere and don't own Green anywhere - but there are certainly some red flags. When compared to another elite talent, like Green, I think it should be taken into consideration. If Dez didn't have said issues, I think he'd have an argument for being more valuable than Green.

Benched, traded, suspended, jail, etc. The guy's mom called the cops on him for hitting her. His mom.

I am a big Dez fan - own him everywhere and don't own Green anywhere - but there are certainly some red flags. When compared to another elite talent, like Green, I think it should be taken into consideration. If Dez didn't have said issues, I think he'd have an argument for being more valuable than Green. Benched, traded, suspended, jail, etc. The guy's mom called the cops on him for hitting her. His mom.
He's not getting benched, ever. Traded? Maybe a very small chance I guess but it's Dallas and Jerry was cool with Michael Irvin and TO. Suspended? Doesn't matter IMO - a few games weighed against 150+ games likely remaining in his career. Jail? What has he really done? Brandon Marshall is waaaaaay worse. Vick, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Kenny Britt, Moss, TO, etc. When you are a famous athlete with millions of dollars you need to do something truly outrageous for it to impact your career a la Rae Carruth. Otherwise you're good to go if you can play at a high level.

He's not getting benched, ever. Traded? Maybe a very small chance I guess but it's Dallas and Jerry was cool with Michael Irvin and TO. Suspended? Doesn't matter IMO - a few games weighed against 150+ games likely remaining in his career. Jail? What has he really done? Brandon Marshall is waaaaaay worse. Vick, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Kenny Britt, Moss, TO, etc. When you are a famous athlete with millions of dollars you need to do something truly outrageous for it to impact your career a la Rae Carruth. Otherwise you're good to go if you can play at a high level.
I think you're downplaying the risk, myself. Again, the guy hit his mom. That could have carried jail time. What if he hit a woman without incnetive to withdraw the claims and not press charges? Vick did time and clearly hurt his dynasty stock. Little missed half a season. Moss and TO are examples that support your claims, but they didn't commit crimes, that I recall right now. Look at what happened to his team this year; one life is over and one career is over, based on poor decisions. It can happen. I am not saying it is likely, but when I am comparing him to AJ Green, I'm accounting for it.

On my phone so I'm not looking it up but wasn't the thing with his Mom likely a money grab by her? IIRC she's a junkie too. Not defending Dez as a great human being, but there are PLENTY of guys with much, much worse rap sheets that have never done one minute of jail time, or received more than a slap on the wrist from the league. And Moss ran over a mall cop with a joint in his ashtray in Minnesota...

On my phone so I'm not looking it up but wasn't the thing with his Mom likely a money grab by her? IIRC she's a junkie too. Not defending Dez as a great human being, but there are PLENTY of guys with much, much worse rap sheets that have never done one minute of jail time, or received more than a slap on the wrist from the league. And Moss ran over a mall cop with a joint in his ashtray in Minnesota...
No. Bryant didnt' deny that something happened, just that it was assault, so it wasn't a money grab. On the 911 call she said it has happened many times. I know she did have drug issues, but I think everyone involved claims that she is clean now. Honestly, who knows? I sure don't know what happened or what will happen in the future.

I just think it comes down to personal risk. As I said, I am not afraid to invest in Dez, and have many times over. But I will let it move me towards Green, in a choice between the two. Just my opinion on the matter.

We'll probably never know what happened, but Dez recently spoke at a domestic abuse rally and said "I'm done with domestic abuse." Interesting choice of words.

I was Team B, so I obviously like the Luck/Green side of the trade better. But that said, I can see good arguments for favoring the RG3/Dez side.

Luck/Green carry risk of underperforming their potential for the next few years, and being good-not-great FF plays. Indy is not a strong team right now, it's got troubles at OL, Luck's primary WR (Wayne) is almost 35 and there's no clear heir in place, and there's no strong RB to keep the pressure off him. Andy Dalton is a solid QB, but has not shown himself to be a gifted QB, and he does not seem to play an aggressive downfield passing game.

RG3 & Dez certainly carry some personal risk too. RG3 has injury potential because of his style of play, and Dez has a knucklehead factor. But their teams are competitive right now, and Jones/Snyder will do whatever they can to surround these guys with weapons. Lots of upside potential for the next few years.

I think Luck/Green will be a better pair over a five-year period, but RG3/Dez might be a slightly better pair over a 1-2 year period.

I agree that the trade is a little off. But when you only need 12 starting QB's they just don't have that much value. QB values go down when you have larger starting requirements. It isn't that hard to find 12 solid QBs you would be ok with starting. How many dynasty league champs had a top 3 QB last year? I know our leagues champ didn't.

Dynasty PPR. 6pts for all TDs.

Team A gets:

Robert Griffin

2015 1st round pick

Team B gets:

Bryce Brown

2013 1.06 pick

2014 3rd round pick

2015 2nd round pick
WTF IS THIS ####?

Your roster is stacked, so not much to question. But do you think Harvin is worth Nicks, 2014 1st, Little, Bennet?
In THIS format I think that he is worth that... remember this is a return yardage bonus league so every 30 yds returning is another pt.

Maybe they dont use Harvin in that role as much or maybe they do.

Also dont forget that in trade #2 I got back a 2014 1st rd pick (which could be turned into this yrs 2.8 if he so chooses on draft day)

I acquired Bennett in a 1 for 1 trade earlier this offseason for Marvin Jones (he has Sanu and Dalton and is a Cal Bears fan)

end result after all the shuffling is this...

my starters at WR were

Cobb

Demaryius Thomas

Nicks

& now the starters at WR are

Julio

Demaryius Thomas

Harvin

Hopefully they stay healthy

I think it's been articulated pretty well above, but there is more risk that a player with an attitude and track record like Dez's will have more negative effects on his performance (suspensions, inability to practice, etc). In comparison to AJG, it matters. In comparison to getting a lesser WR, it may not matter in deciding to trade for him.

Not saying he's not talented or won't be productive, but I'd rather have great players with great attitudes than great players with bad attitudes. Hell... Dez may become the #1 WR in FFB for the long term, but the risk is greater than that of AJG doing the same.

Dynasty PPR. 6pts for all TDs.

Team A gets:

Robert Griffin

2015 1st round pick

Team B gets:

Bryce Brown

2013 1.06 pick

2014 3rd round pick

2015 2nd round pick
WTF IS THIS ####?
It is trades like this that make me think there should be some sort of test given to owners before they are allowed to trade in a league, to see if they actually have some clue of Dynasty trade value (which didn't seem to be the case here).

12 Team PPR

Team A: James Jones

Team B: 1.13 (toilet bowl pick), 2.09
Without knowing what each team has already in the cupboard I tend to like this for the James Jones side... Proven player who improved quite a bit last yr and now with Jennings gone he should keep a sizeable piece of the pie IMO.

I really like the idea of the pick from winning the toilet bowl.

I will be implementing that in future seasons.

12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 and a flex QB Heavy (0.1pts per 10yards passing)

Gave

2014 1st (had the 11th pick this year)

Got

Steven Jackson

Kirk cousins

Lineup now is

Rg3

Charles

Jackson

Green

Nelson

Decker / Amendola

Hernandez

Previous Rb2 was BJGE so I needed the upgrade as I'm without a 1st rounder this year.

GoodLloydHaveMercy said:
djb916420 said:
12 Team PPR

Team A: James Jones

Team B: 1.13 (toilet bowl pick), 2.09
Without knowing what each team has already in the cupboard I tend to like this for the James Jones side... Proven player who improved quite a bit last yr and now with Jennings gone he should keep a sizeable piece of the pie IMO.

I really like the idea of the pick from winning the toilet bowl.

I will be implementing that in future seasons.
With all the WR in this draft I wouldn't pay that much for Jones. His value could drop quickly if they draft someone. Pick 13 is more than enough IMO.

Deep league 55 man roster idp...ppr 1.5 for te, can start up to 3 te

Team A gets Pettigrew

Team B gets 1.09
No way Eifert makes it to 1.9 in this format, I guess. If he does, Team A blew it hard. Would think you could have aimed higher, even with this format.

Team A gets Pettigrew

Team B gets 1.09
No way Eifert makes it to 1.9 in this format, I guess. If he does, Team A blew it hard. Would think you could have aimed higher, even with this format.
No chance Eifert makes it to 1.09 in this format...he will probably go in the top 3 and there is almost no chance he gets past 1.4...In fact the top 2 te's will be gone prior to 1.09. This is more like Escobar, Kelce or Reed for Pettigrew.

Pastor said:
I agree that the trade is a little off. But when you only need 12 starting QB's they just don't have that much value. QB values go down when you have larger starting requirements. It isn't that hard to find 12 solid QBs you would be ok with starting. How many dynasty league champs had a top 3 QB last year? I know our leagues champ didn't.

Donsmith753 said:
Lab said:
WTF IS THIS ####?
defending this deal is silly. It's as bad of deal as I've ever seen

Team A gets Pettigrew

Team B gets 1.09
No chance Eifert makes it to 1.09 in this format...he will probably go in the top 3 and there is almost no chance he gets past 1.4...In fact the top 2 te's will be gone prior to 1.09. This is more like Escobar, Kelce or Reed for Pettigrew.
Did this trade have anything to do Eifert? Pettigrew is terrible and now Reggie is going to take a chuck of is production away; great steal on the 1.09

Phenix said:
kineticnfl said:
12 team PPR IDP 15 man keeperI gave up Rudolph, Reggie Wayne, Kendall WrightFor Victor CruzI know I over paid. I already have Graham as my TE so Rudolph was going to be thrown back into the pool.I like Reggie and Kendall but Reggie is getting old and Locker worries me.
Wanna know how someone knows when they rip someone off? They say the "over paid."
This is only my 2nd year of keeper/dynasty leagues so by the sounds of it I need to reevaluate my player values. Reggie was my best WR last season and I really like Wright, if Locker wasn't the QB. Rudolph is a starting TE and better than what he had so he did ok I thought. Looks like I was overvaluing my players and undervaluing Cruz.Please don't insinuate I deliberately riped someone off. That was not my intention. I prefer to make fair trades so in the future I will have willing trade partners.

Phenix said:
kineticnfl said:
12 team PPR IDP 15 man keeperI gave up Rudolph, Reggie Wayne, Kendall WrightFor Victor CruzI know I over paid. I already have Graham as my TE so Rudolph was going to be thrown back into the pool.I like Reggie and Kendall but Reggie is getting old and Locker worries me.
Wanna know how someone knows when they rip someone off? They say the "over paid."
This is only my 2nd year of keeper/dynasty leagues so by the sounds of it I need to reevaluate my player values. Reggie was my best WR last season and I really like Wright, if Locker wasn't the QB. Rudolph is a starting TE and better than what he had so he did ok I thought. Looks like I was overvaluing my players and undervaluing Cruz.Please don't insinuate I deliberately riped someone off. That was not my intention. I prefer to make fair trades so in the future I will have willing trade partners.
You did good. Don't worry about phenix. He just stirs the pot

16 team PPR, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (R/W/T)

Team A gives Kevin Kolb

Team B gives Santonio Holmes

Not involved in this one.

Phenix said:
kineticnfl said:
You did good. Don't worry about phenix. He just stirs the pot
In a 15 man keeper studs are worth even more. Depending on the other guy's roster I won't call it a ripoff but it's a great deal for kinetic.

12 team 24 roster PPR.

I gave:

Jay Cutler QB

Eric Decker WR

Brian Quick WR

I got:

Jake Locker QB

Miles Austin WR

Ben Tate RB

Notes: I am the Foster owner and this deal was to acquire Tate. (And also, Locker has been a cheap acquistion target for me this offseason).

12 team 24 roster PPR. I gave: Jay Cutler QBEric Decker WRBrian Quick WR I got: Jake Locker QBMiles Austin WRBen Tate RB Notes: I am the Foster owner and this deal was to acquire Tate. (And also, Locker has been a cheap acquistion target for me this offseason).
not sure i agree with the logic. Seems like the gap between Decker and Austin as well as Cutler & Locker is more significant then the gap between Tate & Quick especially since Quick looks like a high potential starter with VJax ceiling. Not sure about this one, but maybe I haven't dropped Decker enough since Welker arrived

Team A: Vick Ballard and 2013 1.07

Team B: Aaron Hernandez
Maybe we need two threads. One thread with realistic trades, and one with total ripoffs like this.

I mean, thanks for posting a completed trade for us to see, but wow, I am dumber for seeing this I think.

PPR.

Team A gets

Steve Smith (car)

Denarius Moore

Phillip Rivers

Team B gets

Vernon Davis

Peyton Hillis

Users who are viewing this thread