What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

12 team, Superflex - Q-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-Superflex - Flex - TE - K with 11 IDps - No PPR

Marques Colston

for

Is this really Colston's value? I'd give up the 2.09 in a heartbeat for Colston.
Me too. I'd guess a mid first is closer to his actual market value.
He's someone who's going to be very hard to sell. Given it's a superflex and an IDP, yeah you could have gotten more, but it's not unreasonable. The pick is probably a top IDP or a 3rd round QB or the late 1st/early 2nd who drops to 2.9 because of the top IDP or 3rd round QB getting taken earlier.

12 team, Superflex - Q-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-Superflex - Flex - TE - K with 11 IDps - No PPR

Marques Colston

for

Is this really Colston's value? I'd give up the 2.09 in a heartbeat for Colston.
I thought about offering the 1.03 for Colston, but I thought the owner would turn me down. Heck, maybe I'll offer the 2.07 and see what happens.

Marques Colston

for

He's someone who's going to be very hard to sell. Given it's a superflex and an IDP, yeah you could have gotten more, but it's not unreasonable. The pick is probably a top IDP or a 3rd round QB or the late 1st/early 2nd who drops to 2.9 because of the top IDP or 3rd round QB getting taken earlier.
I suppose the IDP does make it more reasonable. With 11 IDP's, the 2.08 does hold more value than in "normal" leagues.

PPR My: 1.7, 1.8 for His: Alfred Morris So I have traded 1.3, 1.7 and 1.8 for MJD, Morris and Austin All will be upgrade to current roster RiversMJD, Morris, BJGE, Ballard, A. Brown, DuJuan Harris, Pierce, Pead/RichardsonAustin, Nelson, Steve Johnson, Michael Floyd, Hartline, K. WrightPettigrew
so you got rid of all those picks and are still probably not going to compete?

I sent: Danny Amendola

I received: Ryan Mathews.

Also recently

I Sent: Reggie Bush and Greg JenningsI received: Ray Rice and Joel Dreesen

I am getting thin at wideout, but not worried with Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, and Percy Harvin starting over Chris Givens, Kendall Wright, and AJ Jenkins. Plus wideout is probably the 4 most important position in a superflex league like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR My: 1.7, 1.8 for His: Alfred Morris So I have traded 1.3, 1.7 and 1.8 for MJD, Morris and Austin All will be upgrade to current roster RiversMJD, Morris, BJGE, Ballard, A. Brown, DuJuan Harris, Pierce, Pead/RichardsonAustin, Nelson, Steve Johnson, Michael Floyd, Hartline, K. WrightPettigrew
Maybe or maybe not but I would rather have proven players than maybes...I thought 1.7 and 1.8 for Morris was a steal

if you love draft picks then I can see why you don't like the deal

My:

B. Pierce and two 2014 1st (mid to late)

for

His: Kap, Ivory and a 4th

Kap, RiversMJD, Morris, BJGE, Ballard, A. Brown, DuJuan Harris, Ivory, Pead/RichardsonAustin, Nelson, Steve Johnson, Michael Floyd, Hartline, K. WrightPettigrew

Maybe or maybe not but I would rather have proven players than maybes...I thought 1.7 and 1.8 for Morris was a steal

if you love draft picks then I can see why you don't like the deal
You easily got the best of this deal(s). If you're not competing by weak 6 or so, you can move MJD if needed. But value wise, you did very well turning 3,7,8 into Morris, MJD, Austin. And if Jordy and MJD bounce back, that roster doesn't look half bad.

That's what I was thinking. Both were good value trades, hell really good value trades, but maybe not with that roster. A straight slow rebuild the old-fashioned way would probably be smarter. Or at least trading them for pieces that will be around and relevant in 3 years (minus Morris, maybe).

That's what I was thinking. Both were good value trades, hell really good value trades, but maybe not with that roster. A straight slow rebuild the old-fashioned way would probably be smarter. Or at least trading them for pieces that will be around and relevant in 3 years (minus Morris, maybe).
Why do we think he can't compete? And why 3 years away? He's Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright breaking out or a coulpe good waiver wire moves away, in my opinion.

Why do we think he can't compete? And why 3 years away? He's Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright breaking out or a coulpe good waiver wire moves away, in my opinion.
That team may make the playoffs but it's a long shot to win a title. Next year it'll be an old team and he'll have to start the rebuild process all over again. These middle of the road rebuilds aren't the way to go.

That team may make the playoffs but it's a long shot to win a title. Next year it'll be an old team and he'll have to start the rebuild process all over again. These middle of the road rebuilds aren't the way to go.
I will not keep MJD, I will have to flip him when (if) he breaks out....and I will trade some of those RBs for 2014 1st...I think I will make the layoffs BUT won't win a title....still a stud RB away

The only championship I won this year wasn’t much better than the above going into the year – finished 7 or 8 of 12 the year before. Decker panned out, Ridley panned out, Cobb panned out, traded for Spiller late the year before, traded for Dez before he blew up, drafted Josh Gordon in the 2nd round, and traded Beanie and a 1st for Chris Johnson during CJ’s slow start. Runner up picked up both Morris and Shorts on the waiver wire. I don’t think his roster is rebuild worthy, after the deal. Obviously that doesn’t always happen, and it takes some luck, but I have regularly seen middle of the road teams go one way or the other very fast. If it were me, I’d aim for the playoffs where anything can happen, and look to make smart moves in the meantime. If it didn’t look good 5 weeks in, I’d turn MJD back into picks, and maybe turn Morris into a QB or WR.

I think it can work both ways. These are just my thoughts.

ETA: You're going to have a better shot at turning Morris into Blackmon, RG3, Wilson, or like players than offering 1.07 and 1.08.

Guess that depends on what your goal is. There's an owner in one of my leagues that always seems to hang around 4th-5th. He has a team good enough to get in, but never wins and is constantly making moves for pieces like Wayne, MJd, etc. There's another owner that won it all two years ago starting Josh Cribbs at WR. He barely inched into the playoffs, but caught fire in weeks 14-16, and beat me in the finals by 2 points (Stupid Brady with his TWO rushing tds!) :rant: .

Sometimes just making the playoffs is enough to give yourself a chance. I'd rather make the playoffs and hope rather then finish 4th or 5th from the bottom. A chance at a title is worth a few spots in the rookie draft imo. That team doesn't look like it's going to finish in the bottom 2-3, so why not? I think you did well in the trades.

He barely inched into the playoffs, but caught fire in weeks 14-16, and beat me in the finals by 2 points (Stupid Brady with his TWO rushing tds!) :rant: .
:lol: Those rushing TDs knocked me out that year too. I thought I was in the clear when Newton was tearing it up.

He barely inched into the playoffs, but caught fire in weeks 14-16, and beat me in the finals by 2 points (Stupid Brady with his TWO rushing tds!) :rant: .
:lol: Those rushing TDs knocked me out that year too. I thought I was in the clear when Newton was tearing it up.
I think this team is better with all the new additions than without.

Kap, RiversMJD, Morris, BJGE, Ballard, A. Brown, DuJuan Harris, Ivory, Pead/RichardsonAustin, Nelson, Steve Johnson, Michael Floyd, Hartline, K. WrightPettigrew

Nothing is an exact science....and I'm still not done :excited:

Second Trade:

Gave: M. Ingram, 2.2, 3.2

Got: James Jones
Don't think Jones is a long term, high end asset... That being said, Ingram isn't either, and I like Ingram more than most here. You needed WR help badly though, so I probably would have made a similar move. You would expect Jones to remain a end-WR2 with Jennings gone.
I would rather have Ingram than Jones in standard scoring.
In a vacuum, but a WR corp of DJax/Shorts/old and mediocre needs something in a league where you have to start 3 if not 4 WRs.

I wouldn't have targeted Jones is the issue here.
I tired various other packages to get another WR but got no where with the offers. With the ability to start up to 4 wr's I know this is my weakest area. I have never been high on Ingram and am willing to take the gamble on Jones
How many teams in the league? The problem I have with it is that, unless this is a very large league, I don't think your team is very competitive even after the deals. You traded away quite a few decent, young prospects and picks. I think the value you got overall was good (besides Jones probably), but you may have been better served sticking with what you had for your rebuild.
It's a 12 team league; and being able to start 4 wr's every game the majority of owners have between 8-12 wr's rostered. The top wr available (just dropped with draft coming up) is Santana Moss (#48 scoring wr) Where James Jones finished #17 in wr scoring.

Maybe I am a little higher on J. Jones than most but he was on the field for 91% of the offensive plays; final 3 games of reg season & 2 playoff games he had 26rec, 360yds, and 6 tds. I am willing to gamble on him over Ingram (who prob will never start for me over Rice, R. Bush/Leshoure, & BJGE) & (esp since Ivory just signed his tender and I think will push Ingram down to 4th rb in a pass happy offense IMHO)
I think I'm looking at this from a longer term perspective than you are. Your team is certainly a lot better now after the trades, but I still don't think it's winning any championships (guys like Rice, Bush, and Witten are much better in a ppr). I know teams can start 4 WRs, but in a non-ppr, I'd assume most teams would try to start a 3rd RB at flex if they can.

FWIW, it still looks likely that Ivory ends up getting traded, but I'm not overly high on Ingram or the other guys you dealt away either. I'm just thinking your team is still rebuilding for another year or two, so you may have been better off rolling the dice that a couple of those younger guys and picks pan out because guys like Rice and Witten are probably only going to lose value from here.

That being said, you could always try to turn around and deal them to a contender if you get off to a bad start or something- you did get good value for the most part.
It is a PPR league

PPR, 6 any TD, 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DEF, 2 FLEX at (RB, WR, TE).

He had Williams/RB/Car, Wilson/RB/NYG, Brady/QB, Wilson/QB, Luck/QB.

I had Vick, Weeden, and Locker. Picks 1:01, 2:01, 3:01, 4:01.

I gave up: Morris/Skins, Stewart/Car, Locker, and 2:01. I got: Brady, Wilson/QB, Morris/WR/NO,1:06 and 3:06.

TEAM: QB--Brady, Wilson, Vick, Weeden. RB--Foster, Tate, Gore, Miller/Mia.

WR--Jennings, Nicks, Broyles, Criner, Morgan/NO, Simpson/Min and Cooper/Phil. TE--Daniels, Myers.

Picks: 1:01, 1:06, 3:01, 3:06, 4:01.

What makes this very interesting is that the 1st 2 RNDs go off in May, but the LAST 2 go off around August 25. I've always found that that 3:01 is like a little gold mine.

12 team pprTeam A getsLamar MillerJimmy Graham2014 2 nd rounderTeam B getsCJ SpillerFred JacksonAlston JeffryPick 3.10
I like the Graham/Miller side by a good amount.
I agree was shocked when I saw this trade go thru...Its not vetoable but wow....someone must be high on spiller and Jeffery.
This trade does not come close to merit being labeled as something to try and veto.

I prefer the Graham/Miller side simply because of Millers perceived trade value but not how I actually think they will perform. Personally I prefer Spiller straight up over Graham and I like Jeffery more than Miller but I understand Millers trade value trumps Jeffery's.

If I was trying to find fault with this trade it's that the Miller owner should have tried to harder to cash in on Millers perceived value instead it looks like he traded him more in line with how actually valued him.

Marques Colston

for

Whether you want to trade a guy or not, if this is all you can get for him, you dont trade him. Period.

Maybe, MAYBE, at your leagues trade deadline during the season if you dont see colston doing much in 2014 and beyond. Now???? Lord no

12 team pprTeam A getsLamar MillerJimmy Graham2014 2 nd rounderTeam B getsCJ SpillerFred JacksonAlston JeffryPick 3.10
I like the Graham/Miller side by a good amount.
I agree was shocked when I saw this trade go thru...Its not vetoable but wow....someone must be high on spiller and Jeffery.
To be fair, Spiller is going before Graham in many startups. Although there's nothing else on the Spiller side that approaches Miller's current ADP.

My:

B. Pierce and two 2014 1st (mid to late)

for

His: Kap, Ivory and a 4th

I think it's pretty high price to pay for Kaep

12 team PPR

Gave: Fleener

Got: 2014 2nd round pick ( owner was the 1.02 pick this year) and some TE Im dropping

I have the 1.07, 1.09 and 1.10 so am pretty sure I will get Eifert if I want to. And have Hernandez at TE as well.

12 team PPR Gave: Fleener Got: 2014 2nd round pick ( owner was the 1.02 pick this year) and some TE Im dropping I have the 1.07, 1.09 and 1.10 so am pretty sure I will get Eifert if I want to. And have Hernandez at TE as well.
Don't always understand trades like this. I don't particularly like Fleener that much, but didn't you have to spend more than that to draft him in the first place? Especially considering that 2nd is next year.

12 team PPR dynasty Reggie Bush for Chris Wellspick 122014 2nd (likely late)2014 1st (probable playoff team)
Wow. I just don't get why people are so enamored by this guy. He is a solid rb2, but even in ppr there are better guys that can be had at a better price

12 team PPR Gave: Fleener Got: 2014 2nd round pick ( owner was the 1.02 pick this year) and some TE Im dropping I have the 1.07, 1.09 and 1.10 so am pretty sure I will get Eifert if I want to. And have Hernandez at TE as well.
Don't always understand trades like this. I don't particularly like Fleener that much, but didn't you have to spend more than that to draft him in the first place? Especially considering that 2nd is next year.
Could not agree with you more and was having this discussion with someone just yesterday.

Hate sounding like a broken record because I say this all the time but rookie TE's don't produce. Gronk and Hernandez were productive rookies but in PPR format I think you got to all the way back to Shockey's rookie year to find a top 10 fantasy TE.

They tend to break out or improve dramatically in year two and if not than it's time to cut bait. The guy getting Fleener played it perfectly. He let you or someone else make the bigger investment of draft pick in Fleener and roster him all year and now he's in a position to enjoy the benefits at a bargain.

menobrown said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
JohnW1970 said:
Could not agree with you more and was having this discussion with someone just yesterday.

Hate sounding like a broken record because I say this all the time but rookie TE's don't produce. Gronk and Hernandez were productive rookies but in PPR format I think you got to all the way back to Shockey's rookie year to find a top 10 fantasy TE.

They tend to break out or improve dramatically in year two and if not than it's time to cut bait. The guy getting Fleener played it perfectly. He let you or someone else make the bigger investment of draft pick in Fleener and roster him all year and now he's in a position to enjoy the benefits at a bargain.
Why is where someone drafted him relevant to his current value?

Do you really think this is giving him away? Things can change, but right now this looks like an early 2nd round pick in a pretty good draft class. Doesn't seem far off to me.

menobrown said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
JohnW1970 said:

It is a roster issue right now I have 21 players with an in season max of 24. The only one I may want to drop is Tamme who was the TE I just received and maybe Toon. But I also have 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 2.09, 2.11, 3.09, 4.06, 4.09 and 5.09 rookie picks. So I will have to consolidate or trade for future picks.

ghostguy123 said:
12 team PPR dynasty

Reggie Bush

for

Chris Wells

pick 12

2014 2nd (likely late)

2014 1st (probable playoff team)
I"ll take Reggie over that all day long.
I will take two 1sts and a 2nd all day over Reggie.
Maybe a decent first but not #12 in a weak draft and projected late rounder next year. I actually got offered something similar a few weeks ago and had no hesitancy hitting no. I don't give up projected RB1's for that.

menobrown said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
JohnW1970 said:

Do you really think this is giving him away? Things can change, but right now this looks like an early 2nd round pick in a pretty good draft class. Doesn't seem far off to me.
It's extremely relevant when you are drafting a position that requires patience. Why spend the high pick and than not be patient?

This class may be deeper than it's being given credit for but it's not what I'd be labeling a "pretty good draft class" either.

It's extremely relevant when you are drafting a position that requires patience. Why spend the high pick and than not be patient?

This class may be deeper than it's being given credit for but it's not what I'd be labeling a "pretty good draft class" either.
The guy was outplayed by his fellow rookie teammate who was drafted later by a decent amount. Patience or not, his value is a bit lower than it was going into the season, and it wasn't super high to begin with.

We're talking 2014 draft class, not this one.

menobrown said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
JohnW1970 said:

I didn't spend a pick, I traded Finley for 1.10 and Fleener then moved Fleener.

Users who are viewing this thread