What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

No, standard PPR scoring. Only 1 RB mandatory. 12 team
Thanks. That does make Pierce slightly less valuable, but I'd still take the Brown/Pierce side.

ETA: I have no idea how I missed Welker when I quoted him, but I didn't notice him. Much closer and would depend on my roster, as to which side I'd prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
and his production(3.6 YPC).
:wall:

This is the worst point I continue to see brought up. Hate him or be down on him for something else but this is just silly.

Even if you want to take a giant step of ignoring his injuries as a major reason for the the YPC some of you need a history lesson. You might want to go look up the rookie year YPC of the two leading rushers in the history of the NFL. In fact 3 of the top 5 runners in the history of the NFL had sub 4 YPC averages as rookies and a 4th one was exactly at 4. Trent's YPC was higher than Payton and tied with LT so yea it's a reason to be concerned with his production.
Well, there is SOME validity to it. It's not that great of an argument to go pack and pick a couple guys who had bad stats their rookie years, and then assume this player we are discussing will follow the career path of those 2-3 great players.

I would say quite a bit more of the great players in history started out much better than the other great players who didn't at the RB position.

If people want to value Richardson as the #1 dynasty player, that is fine, I can't argue. But if you want to say he is just as valuable as Peterson after his rookie year, I simply can not agree.

Much like the #1 rookie pick this year isnt close to the value of the #1 rookie pick last year. Same thing. Just cause T-rich is #1 doesnt make him as valuable
Well I did not randomly pick out a couple of guys. I picked out the top all time runners in the history of the game which speaks to both bolded comments above. Nor did I assume he would have the same career trajectory as those guys but what I am saying is it's a terrible argument to base his rookie year YPC as a basis of his future production, as history has so often pointed out.

I never said he was valuable as Peterson but since you bring it up I'd have rated Trent over how I'd have rated ADP after their rookie seasons. Again, I'm judging this not on how ADP's career has been, doubt anyone would not sale Trent as fast as humanly possibly if they were guaranteed ADP's career, but I'm saying this in terms of how I would have rated them after their comparable rookie season. Biggest difference in the two is the receiving numbers and that's not just last year but that stood out to me about Richardson's game at Alabama. And when I say rated Trent over ADP I would again clarify I'm talking PPR fantasy football, not actual NFL RB.

One thing not being mentioned, and can not be debated like his talent level, is that he now has some much more creative and RB friendly coaches. Out with the monotonous and predictable and ineffective scheme, in with the proven, innovative and productive scheme.

and his production(3.6 YPC).
:wall:

This is the worst point I continue to see brought up. Hate him or be down on him for something else but this is just silly.

Even if you want to take a giant step of ignoring his injuries as a major reason for the the YPC some of you need a history lesson. You might want to go look up the rookie year YPC of the two leading rushers in the history of the NFL. In fact 3 of the top 5 runners in the history of the NFL had sub 4 YPC averages as rookies and a 4th one was exactly at 4. Trent's YPC was higher than Payton and tied with LT so yea it's a reason to be concerned with his production.
Well, there is SOME validity to it. It's not that great of an argument to go pack and pick a couple guys who had bad stats their rookie years, and then assume this player we are discussing will follow the career path of those 2-3 great players.

I would say quite a bit more of the great players in history started out much better than the other great players who didn't at the RB position.

If people want to value Richardson as the #1 dynasty player, that is fine, I can't argue. But if you want to say he is just as valuable as Peterson after his rookie year, I simply can not agree.

Much like the #1 rookie pick this year isnt close to the value of the #1 rookie pick last year. Same thing. Just cause T-rich is #1 doesnt make him as valuable
Well I did not randomly pick out a couple of guys. I picked out the top all time runners in the history of the game which speaks to both bolded comments above. Nor did I assume he would have the same career trajectory as those guys but what I am saying is it's a terrible argument to base his rookie year YPC as a basis of his future production, as history has so often pointed out.

I never said he was valuable as Peterson but since you bring it up I'd have rated Trent over how I'd have rated ADP after their rookie seasons. Again, I'm judging this not on how ADP's career has been, doubt anyone would not sale Trent as fast as humanly possibly if they were guaranteed ADP's career, but I'm saying this in terms of how I would have rated them after their comparable rookie season. Biggest difference in the two is the receiving numbers and that's not just last year but that stood out to me about Richardson's game at Alabama. And when I say rated Trent over ADP I would again clarify I'm talking PPR fantasy football, not actual NFL RB.
But we have to base it on something, and I think you would agree that YPC factor into the equation. If he had averaged 5.0 YPC his rookie year, I think you'd bring it up in his defense, just as his "detractors" are allowed to bring up his poor YPC when arguing the other side.

I agree it's not the only factor, but to say it's a terrible argument is not very fair.

Just came down the wire...

12 Team, Non-PPR, No IDP

10yds/pt rushing & receiving

30yds/pt kickoff & punt returns

6pts per TD across all positions

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF

Team A gives...

Denarius Moore (WR)

Dwayne Harris (WR)

DuJuan Harris (RB)

1st Rd Pick (2014) (most likely LATE pick)

2.11 pick (2013)

.for

Team B gives...

Jonathan Stewart (RB)

DeAngelo Williams (RB)

Golden Tate (WR)

3rd Rd Pick (2014) (most likely early)

Im Team A... Moore wouldn't start for my team as I already have Harvin, Demaryius, Julio, & Josh Gordon

Behind my starting RB duo of McFadden & Muscle Hamster I've got Bilal Powell & LeGarette Blount so I felt like I needed to AT LEAST get some depth behind those 2 starters...

12-team, PPR.

Aaron Hernandez

FOR

Antonio Gates

Yes, this really happened. Not involved.
Is this a serious league?? If so, worst deal in this 106 page thread
Nah not the worst deal I have posted our league trades plenty worse.
But I can't consider that a "serious league".

No serious league sees Deji Karim being traded for several 1st round picks, and the owner did it because he THOUGHT Karim was actually a different person than he really was.

Although in our FFPC league pick 8 was just traded for what, picks 17 and 20??? Also bad, but not as bad as this hernandez deal.

12 team PPR. Start 2 rbs.

Team A gives:

Heyward Bey

Team B gives:

Marshawn lynch

Tebow needs to stop pretending he is too good for the Canadian Football league and go north to his QB skills. The league certainly wasn't too good for Waren Moon, Jeff Garcia or Doug Flutie.

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but Gave: Next year's 1stGot: This year's 2.06 (Used it to get Keenan Allen in a non-ppr)
Where'd you finish this year (assuming it was your 2014 1st)?
It was a crazy year and I finished last. :bag:

My team isn't nearly that devoid of talent though. RBs are a problem but I wasn't going to fix that this year anyway since I didn't have a 1st round pick this year either (used it in a trade for Victor Cruz).

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but Gave: Next year's 1stGot: This year's 2.06 (Used it to get Keenan Allen in a non-ppr)

My team isn't nearly that devoid of talent though. RBs are a problem but I wasn't going to fix that this year anyway since I didn't have a 1st round pick this year either (used it in a trade for Victor Cruz).
Hmm, if you have playoff-level talent, then maybe. If RBs are a problem, seems like that future 1st is worth more than Allen.

Hmm, if you have playoff-level talent, then maybe. If RBs are a problem, seems like that future 1st is worth more than Allen.
I made the semi's the year before.

I know what you're saying. But for me a player on the roster is worth more than a hypothetical one that's to come. You can always trade a player for a player too.

"Player to be named later" is almost always more exciting than the guy you can have now.

It's a bit like politics. When people are polled who they want as president, the guy we have now or a "Candidate to be named later" the poll always comes back in favor of the latter.

I made the semi's the year before.

I know what you're saying. But for me a player on the roster is worth more than a hypothetical one that's to come. You can always trade a player for a player too.
I go back and forth on this line of thinking... Kind of a take the known talent in the bank vs. a potential bust and generally I agree but again it all depends on where people feel they are with their current rosters for their dynasty team. I think being able to be flexible is a key component to building a great dynasty team... flexibility also means being able to make a call and stick with that call with conviction or at times it means being able to say NO or cut bait with a player when it seems unlikely for it to ever "happen" for him. THAT is what I struggle with the most I would say.

Isn't dynasty fantasy football fantastic?!!!

I have 2.05/2.06 in a league. Would love someone to give me a '14 1st. Took over the team, had 5 1st this year, only made two picks, have 4 '14 picks next year. Will post trades in that league shortly.

I also might be going a bit overboard with it but the continued diminishing in importance of the running game is making me shy away from RBs almost entirely. (It's also why I prefer PPR leagues but Zealots hasn't headed that direction yet.)

Well, I'll take one if I can get one but they're in such short supply that I'm more willing to swing for the fences on a WR and will manage my roster as best I can. With the flex option in most leagues these days, you can start fewer and fewer RBs - which is also a good thing.

I think people are underestimating Allen too because of his draft position. The kid can still play and is in a great position in San Diego.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE Flex Team A gives: LeSean McCoy, Stevie JohnsonTeam B gives: Reggie Bush, Vincent Jackson, 1.06, 1.07 Team A gives: 1.06 (DeAndre Hopkins), 1.07 (Eddie Lacy)Team C gives: David Wilson, Vincent Brown, Rod Streater, 2.07, 3.02 Team A gives: Andy Dalton, Reggie Bush, Mikel Leshoure, 3.05Team D gives: Robert Griffin III, Shonn Greene, Beanie Wells, 1.10
Lean towards McCoy, but the volume in the first trade is enough to balance it. Wilson and Brown (I think Brown is well worth the risk... Paid an ahead-of-time 2014 first for him last year......) comfortably. Similar to the trade I just made with Ivory instead of 1.07 for Wilson. RG3 and 1.10.
I think team A made out really well. He essentially traded Dalton, Shady, Leshoure, Stevie Johnson, 3.05forRGIII, David Wilson, Beanie, Greene, VJax, Streater, VB, 1.10, 2.07, 3.02.
Team B gives: Brandon Boldin, '14 3rdTeam C gives: 3.05Team A gives: Bryce Brown, Vincent Brown, '14 1st (guessing 1.03-1.08 range)Team D gives: DeAngelo Williams, Shane Vereen, Steve Smith, '14 2nd (playoff team most likely), 3.07Team A make up:RGIII, FreemanWilson, JStew/DWill, Vereen, Daniel Thomas, Beanie, GreeneVJax, Steve Smith, Patterson, Allen, Da'Rick, Streater, LloydPitta/Kelce

"Player to be named later" is almost always more exciting than the guy you can have now.

It's a bit like politics. When people are polled who they want as president, the guy we have now or a "Candidate to be named later" the poll always comes back in favor of the latter.
Yeah, but in a non-PPR I question how much upside there is to definitely having Allen for the upcoming year in relation to getting a player in the next.

I don't hate it, but Allen isn't the type of player I would normally do it with.

I know there's risk in it.

But he has a pretty clear line to being the #1 in SD and he has the ability to fill the #1 role.

Keeping the pick leaves it up to chance as to whether or not PTBNL has both of those in his factor.

Zealots league.

I traded RGIII, Darren McFadden and Roddy White for Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas.

At QB, I had RGIII, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson; at RB, I had McFadden, Stevan Ripley, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Jonathan Stewart and other junk; at WR, I had Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, AJ Green, White and assorted junk.

I know RGIII was, pretty much, my consensus top QB but I feel I wouldn't have too much of a drop-off there. I like the upgrade at RB by getting away from the uncertainty of McFadden. I like the switch from White to Thomas solely for the age difference (31 to 26); White's always been productive for me.

The guy I traded with had Schaub at QB and, essentially, nothing else.

Standard IDP Scoring

Team A Receives:

Darryl Washington

Team B Receives:

DaMarcus Ware (assuming move to DE)

Zealots league.

I traded RGIII, Darren McFadden and Roddy White for Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas.

At QB, I had RGIII, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson; at RB, I had McFadden, Stevan Ripley, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Jonathan Stewart and other junk; at WR, I had Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, AJ Green, White and assorted junk.

I know RGIII was, pretty much, my consensus top QB but I feel I wouldn't have too much of a drop-off there. I like the upgrade at RB by getting away from the uncertainty of McFadden. I like the switch from White to Thomas solely for the age difference (31 to 26); White's always been productive for me.
You have been caught stealing. Great trade for you.

Zealots league.

You have been caught stealing. Great trade for you.
I agree, love this trade for you with your QB depth.

r0llin_game said:
I have 2.05/2.06 in a league. Would love someone to give me a '14 1st. Took over the team, had 5 1st this year, only made two picks, have 4 '14 picks next year. Will post trades in that league shortly.
12 team ppr, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, k, RB/WR/TE flexTeam A gives: 1.02 (Giovani Bernard), 2.02 (Keenan Allen)Team B gives: Tom Brady, 1.07 (Montee Ball)Team C gives: 1.04 (Eddie Lacy), 2.04Team D gives 1.01 (Tavon Austin)Team C gives: 1.06 (DeAndre Hopkins), 3.04Team E gives: 2.06, 2014 1stTeam C gives: 1.11 (Da'Rick Rogers), 1.12 (Zach Stacy), 2.11Team F gives: Rod Streater, 2.05, 2014 1st.Team core for Team E.Brees/RyanMJD/CJ2k/LeshoureHopkins/DeSean/Little/Lloyd/Smitty/WayneHernandezTeam Core for Team F.Big Ben/EliBradshaw/Franklin/Ivory/DMC/Stacy/Beanie/Ryan Williams/WilsonFitz/Gordon/Andre Johnson/DemaryiusKeller/RudolphI'm team C. Would have to be extremely lucky to make the playoffs this year (only 4 teams make playoffs)Took over this team with 1.04, 1.06, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 2.04, 2.11, 3.04 and a pretty mediocre roster, but with one stud at every position. Also inherited another 2014 pick that could literally range anywhere. Has a couple studs, but injuries could definitely hurt the team and give me a really high pick. My core:Stafford/RiversMartin/Ingram/QuizzTavon/Givens/Harvin/Holmes/Hunter/Sid Rice/StreaterGraham/CookStill have 2.05/2.06 too.

Ick.

These mid-round WRs that land in a "great spot" are a dime a dozen. There's a new handful every year and most just fade away. Really low percentage play here.

No offense, but I think if someone came on this board and said they traded the 2.06 for the 2014 1st round pick of the guy who finished last this year we'd all be mocking the quality of league he played in.

It could certainly work out for you, but I think it's a really bad trade.

Ick.

These mid-round WRs that land in a "great spot" are a dime a dozen. There's a new handful every year and most just fade away. Really low percentage play here.

No offense, but I think if someone came on this board and said they traded the 2.06 for the 2014 1st round pick of the guy who finished last this year we'd all be mocking the quality of league he played in.

That's hyperbole, but then I've come to learn that that's your MO. But that's cool.

It's risky. But it's not bad. I didn't trade it for the 2.06. I traded for Keenan Allen.

There's a difference between the typical mid-round WR like you're talking about and a guy that ended up there because of injury concerns.

I took last because of a perfect storm. I don't expect guys like Stafford and Fitzgerald will have the epically bad seasons like they did this past season.

When I see guys like Bloom and EBF ranking Allen in the top 10 (or thereabouts, I realize Bloom's rankings are based on PPR) THIS year then I have no problem giving up a pick from next year to get him.

Ick.

That's hyperbole, but then I've come to learn that that's your MO. But that's cool.

It's risky. But it's not bad. I didn't trade it for the 2.06. I traded for Keenan Allen.

There's a difference between the typical mid-round WR like you're talking about and a guy that ended up there because of injury concerns.

I took last because of a perfect storm. I don't expect guys like Stafford and Fitzgerald will have the epically bad seasons like they did this past season.

When I see guys like Bloom and EBF ranking Allen in the top 10 (or thereabouts, I realize Bloom's rankings are based on PPR) THIS year then I have no problem giving up a pick from next year to get him.
If you like a guy go get him. All trades are easy to judge at first, like all trades time will tell. I tend to be that guy in my league were I am happy to overpay if I like a guy. The rest of the league is scared to make the wrong move....so if it doesnt favor them on the value chart they dont do it. Lame....I say go get your man!

10 Team PPR (1.5 PPR TE)Gave:Rudolph2014 1stGot:Gronk
Nice buy low. I do not think Rudolph will ever sniff elite stats.
Thanks. The guy I got him from went so far as to thank me for taking him off his hands, said he didn't like him and now the injury...I'm happy to put up with it!
10 Team PPR (1.5 PPR TE)Gave:Rudolph2014 1stGot:Gronk
This is why no one should be selling Gronk now.
Yeah, it might be a good time to put out some feelers if people are panicking.

Just made this trade in a 16 team ppr .5/1/1.5 ppr league non-idp

Gave: TY Hilton

Recieved:

Jacob Tamme

2014 1st round pick (tbd)

I'm taking a gamble that DEN rolling with 3 WR sets and just 1 TE this season. Also hoping/speculating that Tamme is the guy

Users who are viewing this thread