What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (4 Viewers)

I don't agree on Sproles vs. Ridley, assuming PPR. I don't think Ridley's position as the starting two-down/Goal line RB is secure enough, nor his touches consistent enough, to be worth more than Sproles despite the age difference.
I disagree. His touches were consistent last year, and I expect them to be this year, too.

Generally agree with this, but still like this trade for him. Depth is a necessity, not a luxury for a McFadden owner. And Stewart (and maybe even DeAngelo) is more than mere depth. A single 1st plus a few spare parts isn't that much to pay IMO.
I just think that a 1st gets him a better RB than Stewart when McFadden goes down. I'd rather have the in-season flexibility rather than making the move now.
I agree that the flexibility would be a nice luxury later in the season if I had a need but in THIS particular league it is a bunch of guys who seem willing to deal in the offseason but VERY leery of trading during the season for future picks... This will be the 4th yr for this dynasty league and each of the last 3 seasons I remember only 1 in season trade that involved future firsts... Because we hold our rookie drafts right before the 4th preseason game I'm assuming that most everybody in our league once they are out of contention have the tendency to hold onto their first rd picks at least until after April's NFL draft... Maybe it's different in other leagues but because we only have 3 rd rookie drafts it seems most people in this league prefer to wait till the offseason before trading away first rders... It kinda sucks but one advantage to that group think is that a few of us have been able to go against that train of thought and collect future 1s and then turn those and some smaller pieces into players we need (or feel we need)I feel I may have overpaid for Stewart and DWill but I also have cam so in my pea brain mind it makes sense... Especially with the inherent fear of McFadden missing time

12 team ppr1.05, 1.07, 1.11, l. JamesforH. Nicks, R. Tanehill and R. Mendenhal.
Nice trade. Pretty much dead even for me, though Nicks is definitely the most valuable. I'm not too high on Mendy and in a 12 team, 1 QB league, Tannehill is just a backup. Figure you can add something like Hopkins, Ball and Lattimore with the 3 picks...

If I was rebuilding or needed an injection of young upside guys, I'd take the picks. If I was contending or simply had a lot of depth, I'd take Nicks.

Generally agree with this, but still like this trade for him. Depth is a necessity, not a luxury for a McFadden owner. And Stewart (and maybe even DeAngelo) is more than mere depth. A single 1st plus a few spare parts isn't that much to pay IMO.
I just think that a 1st gets him a better RB than Stewart when McFadden goes down. I'd rather have the in-season flexibility rather than making the move now.
I agree that the flexibility would be a nice luxury later in the season if I had a need but in THIS particular league it is a bunch of guys who seem willing to deal in the offseason but VERY leery of trading during the season for future picks... This will be the 4th yr for this dynasty league and each of the last 3 seasons I remember only 1 in season trade that involved future firsts... Because we hold our rookie drafts right before the 4th preseason game I'm assuming that most everybody in our league once they are out of contention have the tendency to hold onto their first rd picks at least until after April's NFL draft... Maybe it's different in other leagues but because we only have 3 rd rookie drafts it seems most people in this league prefer to wait till the offseason before trading away first rders... It kinda sucks but one advantage to that group think is that a few of us have been able to go against that train of thought and collect future 1s and then turn those and some smaller pieces into players we need (or feel we need)I feel I may have overpaid for Stewart and DWill but I also have cam so in my pea brain mind it makes sense... Especially with the inherent fear of McFadden missing time
You don't have bad teams desperate to unload veteran RB's who will drop in value once the season is over? What I've found is that it's best to build the best starting lineup in the offseason and then worry about acquiring backups/players for the title run during the season.

I don't think you really overpaid by that much it's mainly that once DMC goes down you can't be assured that Stewart or Williams will be there to start for you.

You don't have bad teams desperate to unload veteran RB's who will drop in value once the season is over? What I've found is that it's best to build the best starting lineup in the offseason and then worry about acquiring backups/players for the title run during the season. I don't think you really overpaid by that much it's mainly that once DMC goes down you can't be assured that Stewart or Williams will be there to start for you.
Fair pt for sure... Typically no these guys seem more willing to sit on a veteran RB at least until the offseason... 12 team league and looking at who was available for trade possibly (so the third option or lower for that team) I think I picked the right situation for me... I could have possibly targeted Ryan Mathews but his owner is shopping him for a 1st in 2013 and is pretty sure that's the direction he is looking to go... Lamar miller is interesting but his owner hasn't made a trade in 2 yrs... I guess I could have waited and offered something for Law Firm

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR start 1 at each position with 4 flexes

Cap is 53million

Greg Jennings 2.7mil

2014 2nd

For

2014 1st

2014 3rd

We've just had our startup so no contract length has been assigned yet.

12 team PPR start 1 at each position with 4 flexesCap is 53millionGreg Jennings 2.7mil2014 2ndFor2014 1st2014 3rdWe've just had our startup so no contract length has been assigned yet.
Interesting setup... I'm having trouble knowing how to value this trade... How many roster spots are there and how many rookie draft pick rounds are there?

Not one of mine but interested to see what people think. 16 team, 2QB, PPR (0.3 for RB, 0.6 for WR, 1 for TE) league.

Team A gives:

Matt Barkley

Adrian Petersen

Team B gives:

Calvin Johnson

Big trade just went down in my 12 teamer. PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR,TE, FLEX, D/ST, K. All TD'S = 6

Team A gives: Aaron Rodgers, DeAndre Hopkins

Team B gives: Kaepernick, Arian Foster

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR start 1 at each position with 4 flexesCap is 53millionGreg Jennings 2.7mil2014 2ndFor2014 1st2014 3rdWe've just had our startup so no contract length has been assigned yet.
Interesting setup... I'm having trouble knowing how to value this trade... How many roster spots are there and how many rookie draft pick rounds are there?
26 roster spots and 4 rookie rounds.Rookie draft slots have assigned salaries and so will be the cheapest way to acquire studs.

Hoot&HoLLer said:
Big trade just went down in my 12 teamer. PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR,TE, FLEX, D/ST, K. All TD'S = 6Team A gives: Aaron Rodgers, DeAndre HopkinsTeam B gives: Kaepernick, Arian Foster
Give me Kaep and Foster everytime.

This one should be interesting to hear thoughts on:

1 ppr

Team A receives: L. Miller/Tampa Mike/3.1

Team B receives; G. Bernard/1.13/2.9

1.13 was used to take Keenan Allen.

1 ppr

I like your side by a little bit.

I don't have a great read on Bernard or Miller, so to me that's a wash. I could see it breaking either way.

2.9 for 3.1 is also a wash this year, IMO.

The decisive factor for me is Mike Williams > 1.13.

12 team, KEEP 12, non-ppr start 1/1/3/1flex (no TE required)

Gave: Stafford QB DET, McFadden RB OAK, Sanders WR Pitt

Got: Rodgers QB GB

He was hurting at both RB and WR, and now I'm starting something like:

Rodgers

TRich

Dez,Fitz, Roddy

Flex is one of Gore, LMiller, Wright (with Hunter/LaMichael waiting in the wings)

With the Keep 12 format, I think it's even more important than ever to try to get the best player in the deal, and I feel I've done that.

Fwiw, Sanders wasn't making my 12 anyway, so he was a throw-in from me. Also happy to have turned DMC into something.

Thoughts?

1 ppr

I like your side by a little bit.

I don't have a great read on Bernard or Miller, so to me that's a wash. I could see it breaking either way.

2.9 for 3.1 is also a wash this year, IMO.

The decisive factor for me is Mike Williams > 1.13.
Tough one for me since my gut feeling is that Bernard will be better than Miller. I'd call it about as even as you can get.

10 team nonppr with one rb/wr flex

Blackmon

for

1.8 (Patterson)

Ivory

for

1.9 (Allen)

GJennings

EDecker

for

2014 1st (middle of the road)

10 team nonppr with one rb/wr flex

Blackmon

for

1.8 (Patterson)

Ivory

for

1.9 (Allen)

GJennings

EDecker

for

2014 1st (middle of the road)
I'm actually quite the Patterson fan but I'll go with Blackmon in the first.

Ivory in a nonPPR

Surely Jennings and Decker are worth more than that? Decker finished higher in my nonPPR than my PPR last year.

I gave - Ryan Tannehill, Rashard Mendenhall, Desean Jackson and 5.02 (2.02 in the vet draft)

I get - David Wilson and 3.05 (rookie pick)

-----------------------------

I gave - 3.05 (rookie pick)

I get - 4.09 and 5.06 (1.09 and 2.06 in the vet draft)

Hoot&HoLLer said:
Big trade just went down in my 12 teamer. PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR,TE, FLEX, D/ST, K. All TD'S = 6Team A gives: Aaron Rodgers, DeAndre HopkinsTeam B gives: Kaepernick, Arian Foster
Foster side by a mile for me

12 team FFPC Ray Rice + Piercefor1.021.041.051.061.082014 1st
Give me all those top 8 picks and the future 1st all day.
No player is worth all of those picks.
Depends how many players you get to keep each year (ex. See my Keep 12 trade a few posts up)
You get to keep enough to make this trade very lopsided in favor of the picks. I will take the picks, even in THIS draft, easily

Depends how many players you get to keep each year (ex. See my Keep 12 trade a few posts up)
I understand the format lowers the value of the picks, but with some trading you would be able to net something better than Rice alone.

I understand the format lowers the value of the picks, but with some trading you would be able to net something better than Rice alone.
Or even deal some of them for 2014 1sts.

So many possibilities with all those picks, that even with BAD trades you should be able to get more production than just Rice

Craigentinny Chargers gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR;Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Corstorphine Steelers gave up Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR;Garcon, Pierre WAS WR;Cook, Jared STL TE; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Corstorphine Cowboys;Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Darth Ewing Colts
Same leagueCleveland Steamers gave up:

Jackson, Vincent TBB WR

Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from Corstorphine Cowboys

Corstorphine Steelers gave up:

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Corstorphine Steelers

Gave: Ray Rice, Shonn Greene

Got: Crabtree, 1.03

Then:

Gave: 1.03

Got: Colston, 2.02