What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Well Bortles did his part 122 with Hillman and D Thomas and write -3.8 going but that's all. I'm guessing 136.4 cutoff

Well lol without a lie I finished with 136.55 haha hope I'm right and not off by any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shy of 132 with Heath Miller, and Hakeem the bum Nicks, both minus 4.8. Not sure if I should feel good about it or not.

Was really hoping Stedman Bailey would step up for the Rams with Quick out. Mychel Rivera looks like he is becoming Derek Carr's safety valve. That would be a bonus.

Ingram and Asiata led the way to a 186 for my team.

214.15 + (Luck/Flacco minus 20.35) + (T Smith/Wheaton minus 13.60/20.40) + (Pittsburgh - 7.0)

Next week is the week I sweat - will be without Luck, Morris, Jennings, Walsh, Minnesota, and the immortal James White.

Need Flacco or Bortles to come through.

Good luck to those sweating the Turk!

-QG

Absolutely putrid showing from my WRs but should be moving on with 143 + the rest of Big Ben's points today and Beckham Jr - 2 tomorrow night.

My scrub RBs decided to show up this week.

I fully expected to be dust this week with Cutler, Jordy and Tate on bye - and Benjamin and Cordarrelle laying turds - yet I'm still coasting right along. 150.15 points with Wheaton and Miller still racking up points. I'm a little worried about Luck and the Colts going wild tomorrow night and ratcheting up the cut line but I should clear it without much worry.

The #3 overall team (114139) is currently sitting WAY below the cut line at 86.30 with Luck on deck and Antonio Brown still in play. Could be dicey. Gronk was the only guy on his team to show up this week. It's crazy to think how quickly you can go from a 227.90 week and no performance worse than 178.10 to eliminated.

165.65 with Flacco soon counting. Will be advancing along with 12 kicker guy. This was my worst bye week with Tate, Bush, Bell off.

Another good week for me, but next week I have several players on bye, and no kicker since I only took Freese and my other kicker is on bye. I'm definitely doing the 3 kickers and 3 defenses next year, only took 2 of each this year.

Well, Flacco and Antonio might have just given me enough hope to be devastated tomorrow.

I'm done, at 145.75, 15.3 over the cutline going into tomorrow. The line moved up well over 20 points tonight, so I'm not confident.

219.85 + (Luck -22.35) as Flacco's spite got me another couple of points.

Kinda wanted to win the week since I doubt I'll win the contest but I dropped to 26th. Still good chance at my best weekly showing in forever in this contest.

-QG

I'm out, 5 points above cut with Monday heavy hitters coming.

Well another Megatron owner bites the dust taking a 0 and a 3.8 for scores this week

Big Ben is a damned monster. Any early estimates on how far the cut line will raise tomorrow night? Presently stands at 130.45.

Can we expect the standard 140 and lower bar or has Ben Roethlisberger single-handedly skewed historical data from earlier this season?

I just figured out how to look at the cumulative totals and, while I knew the team I put together was pretty good (better than my real teams), even I'm surprised that it ranked 10th in cumulative points (team #102879, Lucky Guess) through week 8. I've had a few solid teams in the past, but the last few years I've been knocked out relatively early in the game, missing the cut by a few points at one point or another.

No Big Ben, but with Brady/Cutler, Forte/Bradshaw/Ingram, Julio/A. Brown/Sanders/Randle/J. Brown/Sanu, and Graham, I'm curious how far this team can go.

Oh, and just in the off chance anyone is curious, I'm at 187.55 with Randle and Bradshaw replacing 4.6 combined points from J. Brown and MJD (by far my biggest miss on the roster).

Yowza! Currently in 7th for the week - pretty sure I've never sniffed the top 10 before. Still have Bradshaw/AWilliams/Colts D, with scores of 18.7, 20.4, and 12.0 to replace

Ben/Antonio's bye week is going to be tough, though.

r0llin_game said:
Presley177 said:
I'm going to take a guess and say 130
I'd probably guess more towards 120. Should be a high % of players in NE/DEN, but other than that, don't see a game where it would move the cut line too much.
How are you guys ballparking the cut? Just a general overall feel on league scoring for the week?

This is getting ridiculous.

I don't think my RBs have kicked in more than 15 points in any of the last four or five weeks, but I keep getting by. This week I got 4.6 from Stewart and .4 from Dri Archer. Five points total.

But my WRs are pretty strong, Rivers and Roeth have been an incredible tandem for the $$, and this week both Rivera and Clay jackpotted.

Onward.

Cruising to Week 10, which will be one of my toughest with Foster and likely Fred Jackson out. I'll need Mark Ingram and one of the Williamses to step up.

Week 12 without Antonio Brown will be tougher; he's scored every week for me. (So has Foster except for the week he missed).

My highest ranking so far at 113th with Reuban Randle tonight (-10). Week 12 will be my toughest week, assuming I am fortunate enough to make it that far, as BYE weeks for Antonio Brown and Kelvin Benjamin. Hopefully Fred Jackson will be back and productive by then.

Hill and Ingram have really saved my bacon after the Spiller injury. I'd love to have his money back!

Typically I have tons of WR's in this contest, but that's where I'm hurting this year. I picked three rookie WR's, which is good right? But two of them were Latimer and Marquise Lee. Ouch.

I'm going to need a good game out of Wayne and/or Vinetieri. Cut by 2 pts currently but those guys only need to exceed 9 pts to start helping. Bigger problem for me will be how much the cut might rise tonight.

I have no business still being in this thing, but Hill (being my only RB), Brown and Riviera pulled it off for me.

OUT. #121 overall but couldn't crack 100 this week. Too many BYEs with Forte, Jordy, Tate, and Ryan out - R. Wilson, D. Murray, K. Benjamin, Dez, H Miller all laid eggs for me this week.

Somehow got through another week, with only one healthy and active RB. Brady/Gronk combo is starting to pay dividends. Probably going to be ranked no better than 2,000 out of the 2,300 remaining teams overall. Still don't feel as though there's really any chance of winning anything in this though, but it's so much fun to follow.

I have the St. Louis Rams DST at 11 points on the website, but I think it should be 12. I'll wait and see how it shakes out but if you're close to the cut and counting on the Rams D, keep that in mind.

Rivers/Wilson QB combo making things a lot more interesting than it should have been considering my week 9 bye players total $18 and zero used weeks

Wow. Just checked and I am still alive. 144.5 with no way to improve tonight. Hopefully it's enough.

Rivers/Wilson QB combo making things a lot more interesting than it should have been considering my week 9 bye players total $18 and zero used weeks
They did me in this week. Also have Rivers in three leagues and Wilson in one. Been a bad weekend.

I was surprised Miami's dominant performance was only worth 12 points. Seems like points against or at least shutouts should score something for defense. The rules have probably been like this forever but it's tough to see a performance like that awarded so little whereas a kicker can hit 4 chip shot field goals and score as much or more.

We're 8 minutes into the Monday night game and the cutline has gone up by exactly 1 point. I have 14 more points to spare. So far so good...

Unfortunately, cutline changes should accelerate through the game as guys pass the counting/non-counting thresholds...

Users who are viewing this thread