What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Causal? I'm a pretty big NBA fan. It's not my fault the league and fans became a bunch of sheep just accepting this prima donna soft entitlement garbage. I never bought for one second his going back to Cleveland was meaningful. I even actually just posted one of those Facebook memories I made about the LeBron going back to Cleveland was nothing more then a PR stunt and he knew he couldn't win anymore in MIA. LeBron got roasted for good reason losing to Dal too. An over the hill team and he allowed Jason Terry to outscore him in the finals. There's good reason he got roasted there. My post evenrefered to well in a couple of yrs I guess we should just get use to LeBron switching jerseys. Maybe he'lll go to the West coast this time around and Join the Lakers or Spurs. 
No need for the sports almanac, people. We have DJackson10’s Facebook memories. 

Cousins was hurt and confused he had no offers - not even from the Pelicans per ESPN.

Yeah, it's the Warriors fault your team sucks.
Hard to get mad at him when the league literally laying down and playing into GS hands.

Irrational people everywhere: "DUUUHHHH Well he should have just not played bBaSKketball this year!!"

People set terrible lines all the time. Warriors have the two best players on the court, 3 point shooters and a dominant center. They’d put Love in the washer just like they have for four straight seasons. 
Yeah but Lue would be coaching the East.

What would be a good way too look up old lines line that? I would think some of those Cowboy teams in the 90's were close to even money, the Yankees of the late 90's. 
Jeff Sherman, head odds maker at Westgate sports book said the last odds-on favorite against the field before this GS team was the Bulls the year after the 72 win season. They were a - 125 favorite against the field. He could not remember an odds on favorite in any sport besides those Bulls and these Warriors. 

I'd like to say Cousins to the Warriors is ridiculous.  But it's not like it budged their title odds one bit.  They were 100% they are still 100%.  They are now up to 6 all-star caliber players and 2 MVP caliber players.  I think Curry might retire with 8-9 rings.

While I realize right now plenty of people are saying the East is JV vs Varsity in the West, but the migration of stars from the West to the East is coming soon as max level players who aren't invited to the party the Warriors/Lakers/Rockets are throwing begin to try to get away from the gauntlet.  With Philly and Boston maintaining so much young talent and assets (and Orlando :lmao: ), I think 2019 will begin the shift of talent back east to re-balance the league.

The East is coming.  It will be ugly this year, but it is coming and it will not be long.

As a guy who lives near Philly...I'm just glad that the team that we sent out West back in the day is doing so well.....and feel a certain amount of organic kinship to that team.

GO WARRIORS! My only problem is I don't know whether I should get Thompson, Durant, Green, Curry or Cousins on this.

Actually, Tyreke Evans met with the Warriors, Lakers, and........Hornets yesterday. 

He's going to always tell his grandchildren about this historic run with Kemba and an unleashed Monk to the 8-seed. 

DJackson10 said:
Did he really have to coach those guys though? Coaching the Warriors vs Coaching LeBron and a bunch of over the hill Veterans is completely different. 
Contradict yourself much?

An unexpected bonus of the Cousins signing is that the market for Dwight Howard has to be pretty thin right now.  I can't imagine how much he won't care when he's playing for the mid level exception. 
Was thinking about this last night. Is it over for him? Two crappy teams have already punted and why would a good team want to bring him into the the locker room? 

I’m 44 - I’ve got 2 championships out of roughly 250 seasons (Atlanta + GT).  I’m a good bet to double my championships by the time I’m 46.

GO WARRIORS!
Cheer for the Warriors for the next 10-15 years. Highly unlikely more than 4 unique teams win it in that span.

I’m 44 - I’ve got 2 championships out of roughly 250 seasons (Atlanta + GT).  I’m a good bet to double my championships by the time I’m 46.

GO WARRIORS!
Braves?  They look like they're gonna be in the mix for the next 5 years.

I've got nothing for you on the Hawks. The NBA is just a different animal.

I'd like to say Cousins to the Warriors is ridiculous.  But it's not like it budged their title odds one bit.  They were 100% they are still 100%.  They are now up to 6 all-star caliber players and 2 MVP caliber players.  I think Curry might retire with 8-9 rings.
Achilles tears do not bode well for NBA big men. Would be surprised if Cousins is and more than a 10-12 minute guy.

Have a feeling the Warriors are turning into the Pats of the NBA. Winning titles and then taking on talented castoffs to keep the machine fueled.

Was thinking about this last night. Is it over for him? Two crappy teams have already punted and why would a good team want to bring him into the the locker room? 
I know he's done the Laker thing already, and you don't need any help when you already have 2-time NBA Champion Javale McGee.

But I'm holding out hope. LeBron and Magic are going decide that they can get through to Dwight. They are going to panic with the Boogie news.

This is the one missing piece to make this off-season perfect. LeBron, LaVar, Lance, Dwight, oh my!

Was watching TV last night and some think the Lakers move might be good for James.   Cleveland's offense with James handling the ball grew stagnant and he would just stand at the top of the key and let the shot clock run down as many time he was tired.    With Ball and Rondo bring the ball up and doing the ball handling it will let James take on a different role.

I really don’t think the Cousins signing is a super huge factor but it has caused super enjoyable reactions. 
This season I agree.  Most people don't look past that though.  But now having 5 all stars under contractual control will be an interesting discussion once this thread settles back to normalcy.

So Bovada took down Warriors futures? Sucks I was in Tahoe this past weekend and put down a small bet on Dubs futures figuring I'd wait until the LBJ & Kawhi situations played out before I bet more. 

Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s weird that Washington had no interest in Cousins. Wall and Cousins are best buddies and have talked about playing together for a long time. The Wizards could have done it without giving up Porter like has previously been discussed. Maybe a sign that Wall doesn’t have a lot of pull these days?

Achilles tears do not bode well for NBA big men. Would be surprised if Cousins is and more than a 10-12 minute guy.

Have a feeling the Warriors are turning into the Pats of the NBA. Winning titles and then taking on talented castoffs to keep the machine fueled.
I'm sure he'll have his moments and it'll be interesting if he returns. He's not the difference in a championship (whether it'd be with the Warriors or the Lakers).

Rondo's a bigger loss to that offense. There's a reason everyone there thrived on that end when Cousins left. Ball movement and pace dramatically improved. Rondo is a magician creating for others whether it be in the full or half court.. Mirotic is best utilized as a spot up shooter so we saw him thrive as well. Jrue was splendid at the 2. He and Rondo absolutely wiped the floor with the Blazers backcourt in Round 1. Fun basketball to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
how much personal/competitive satisfaction do you think these guys (Warriors) really get from (when healthy) running roughshod through a season....maybe getting a small push back from a team in one series and then winning the whole thing...? personally I feel like the Warriors embraced Steph's injury a little last year and were ok with losing a few meaningless regular season games and getting the 2 seed instead of the 1 seed.....you just kind of knew it was coming and when push came to shove in crunch time they were going to dominate....but really this is like a little league all star team being put into a regular league that may have one good player on every other team....they can dominate at any time, toy with other teams (so what they are doing doesn't look so bad).....kicking everybody's ### as part of a mini all star team just doesn't seem like it would be very fulfilling at any level....even the pros....except for filling my wallet maybe....

how much personal/competitive satisfaction do you think these guys (Warriors) really get from (when healthy) running roughshod through a season....maybe getting a small push back from a team in one series and then winning the whole thing...? personally I feel like the Warriors embraced Steph's injury a little last year and were ok with losing a few meaningless regular season games and getting the 2 seed instead of the 1 seed.....you just kind of knew it was coming and when push came to shove in crunch time they were going to dominate....but really this is like a little league all star team being put into a regular league that may have one good player on every other team....they can dominate at any time, toy with other teams (so what they are doing doesn't look so bad).....kicking everybody's ### as part of a mini all star team just doesn't seem like it would be very fulfilling at any level....even the pros....except for filling my wallet maybe....
It's still very fulfilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread