What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

The good news is that on the final day I dumped Manning in favor of Goeff.  The bad news is that I dumped Barkley in favor of A. Brown.

TheWinz said:
In the previous 3 yrs of this contest, Eli was $15, $16, and $14.  This year he was $7.  Next year they will pay you to take him.  Sure, his line isn't doing him any favors, but he just plain sucks.  You ever watch the movie Ruthless People, starring Danny DeVito and Bette Midler?  Danny has a line that goes, "I hate the way she licks stamps", referring to just how much he hates his wife Bette.  That's how I feel when I see Eli's stupid face after he screws up a play.  He looks like a sad puppy at the dog pound.

Oh, I forgot to say, I chose him as my QB3 for this contest.
It literally makes me mad that he has a couple rings. That’s all, carry on. 

Solid start.  14.4 from Clement.  Likely my RB2 or Flex 1/2 score.

Not highly owned.  All my other RB's are chalk. Really need him to routinely get 15-20 touches a game.

TheWinz said:
In the previous 3 yrs of this contest, Eli was $15, $16, and $14.  This year he was $7.  Next year they will pay you to take him.  Sure, his line isn't doing him any favors, but he just plain sucks.  You ever watch the movie Ruthless People, starring Danny DeVito and Bette Midler?  Danny has a line that goes, "I hate the way she licks stamps", referring to just how much he hates his wife Bette.  That's how I feel when I see Eli's stupid face after he screws up a play.  He looks like a sad puppy at the dog pound.

Oh, I forgot to say, I chose him as my QB3 for this contest.
in best ball he has put up to scores that have counted for me, 26.75 week 3 and 26.50 Week 5 so a good 7 dollars so far

Here are the high priced RB's ($20 or more) that are still alive, but are dragging their teams nearer to the cutline.  I broke it down by cost, then number still alive, and survival percentage (only ones under 30%):

Bell - $37 - 57 - 17.27% - 30 cuffed him with Conner, the other 27 left who didn't are hoping for a miracle return in week 8

Fournette - $29 - 755 - 29.05% - only 81 cuffed him with Yeldon, so expect another big drop in week 6

Cook - $27 - 277 - 24.95% - only 26 cuffed him with Murray, but he hasn't put up good #'s either, a double whammy

Freeman - $25 - 94 - 20.04% - only 5 cuffed him with Coleman, who was also expensive ($17)

Howard - $25 - 373 - 29.42% - 2 bad weeks before his bye has brought him down to 29%, only 12 Cohen ($17) cuffers

McKinnon - $24 - 15 - 12.61% - no owner left has either cuff (Breida or Juszczyk)

Guice - $22 - 7 - 18.92% - 1 left with Perine, who is also a weekly goose egg; anyone with Guice set their lineup WAY too early

Henry - $21 - 164 - 27.11% - only 2 left with Lewis ($19), who has put up 3 dud weeks

McCoy - $21 - 103 - 26.01% - only 3 Ivory owners, but McCoy did finally hit double digits last week

Ajayi - $20 - 109 - 22.34% - 4 left with Clement, who is in a RBBC

Notes: There are 150 teams left with some combo of these guys.  Also, there are 7 teams left with a trio of these guys.  The most expensive trio is Fournette, Cook, and Howard ($81 / 32.4% of total budget).  On a comical note, as I was pouring through the 150 combo teams, I ran across a team with the name... Lucky!

Also decided to look for low survival rate expensive WR's, and came across Baldwin ($25 - 30 - 14.02%), Hilton ($25 - 481 - 29.99%), Fitz ($24 - 152 - 23.35%), Robinson ($22 - 35 - 22.01%), Thomas ($21 - 45 - 22.28%), and Jeffery ($20 - 13 - 13.68%).  There are only 20 teams left with some combo of these guys, and 15 involve Hilton.  No team has a trio of these guys.

QB - Ben, Rivers, Eli - won't be hard for Ben or Rivers to outscore Eli's 13.05 on Thursday

RB - DJ, CMC, Royce, Aaron Jones, Barber, Conner - All playing, hoping for at least 1 flex from this group

WR - Goodwin, Lockett, Cole, John Brown, Gallup, Ginn, Godwin, Ross, Taywan Taylor - Ross out, Ginn on bye - 7 cheap WR's playing

TE - Burton, Clay, Cook, Goedert, Griffin - All playing, a flex would be nice

K - Lambo, Sturgis, Fairbairn - Sturgis out

D - CHI, PIT, CLE -  perhaps a nice score from CHI vs MIA?

26 of 29 playing.  Currently watching the CAR/WAS and IND/NYJ games.

151.05 after the early games.  Cut at 105.35.  I don't think the cut will reach my score, so I should be good to go for week 7.

161.05 after the early games.  Freeman and Zeke have to beat moderate numbers.  Have a gaggle of receivers that need to beat a low number.  Lambo or Butker have to beat a middling number.

More than 25 above the cut so I think I might be okay ;)

-QG

Cut line at 128.05 with two games left to play. I predict the final cut line will be 144.65.

Anyone else want to make a prediction?

Last edited by a moderator:
After making it by less than 1pt last week, I’m on to week 7 with a 177. TD TE Trifecta of Njoku, OJ, and Burton all counted for me. Could be more if Mahomes improves on Winston, but I’m fine with him saving himself for the stretch run....

151.05 with only Aaron Jones (10.1) and Goodwin (11) left.  I am guaranteed to use Peyton Barber for the first time, hooray.  I doubt the cut line will reach 151, but this will be my lowest score thus far (184.75).  I just need this late night game to end.

Top 5 teams I hope remain in this contest...

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/109616.php - $53 on defenses, with only 1 QB and 2 RB's - Needs 2 Kelce TD's in the 4th quarter

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/101917.php - How can you not root for 16 WR's? - He will be moving on for sure

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/105491.php - It takes nads to go with only 2 WR's.  Kudos to a team who has used Barber 3 times - goodbye

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/101870.php - Is there a doctor in the house? - see ya

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/105400.php - He is averaging 41.58 over the line, but can you spot his flaw? - halfway to his fate

I have a question - I am coming close to the cut, and am starting Mahomes in my league.  Problem is, I didn't select him in the contest.  Would you rather lose your league, or be booted from this contest?  For me, screw the league.  This contest is much more fun!

TheWinz said:
I have a question - I am coming close to the cut, and am starting Mahomes in my league.  Problem is, I didn't select him in the contest.  Would you rather lose your league, or be booted from this contest?  For me, screw the league.  This contest is much more fun!
it's always hard when The Turk appears.  Usually in my leagues there's a chance to fight another day.

-QG

Gostkowski with 23.7 WOOOOOOP WOOOOOOP!!!!

See you all in week 7 where I will humbly be kicked to the curb with massive bye week losses. 

M Crosby PK GB 813

D Adams WR GB 748

G Allison WR GB 690

J Graham TE GB 533

A Jones RB GB 521

J Williams RB GB 362

Packers DT GB 356

A Rodgers QB GB 232

R Cobb WR GB 129

T Montgomery RB GB 70

E St. Brown WR GB 41

J Moore WR GB 11

M Goodwin WR SF 2262

M Breida RB SF 2170

J Garoppolo QB SF 958

R Gould PK SF 565

G Kittle TE SF 525

49ers DT SF 108

K Juszczyk RB SF 76

D Pettis WR SF 69

T Taylor WR SF 68

P Garcon WR SF 57

G Celek TE SF 35

J McKinnon RB SF 15

J Williams RB SF 9

A lot of player slots potentially in action - based on the uncrossed off list above it's about 1.67 per entry (10450 player games)

-QG

Going into Monday night's game, I am only .6 above the cut.  I do have Aaron Jones and Goodwin left.  I can only use Goodwin if he gets over 11, and he is owned by 2267, so he really won't help unless he blows up.  Anything under 11 will only hurt me.  So it all boils down to Aaron Jones, owned by 523.  I can't use him unless he beats CMC's 10.1 flex score.  Anything less also hurts me, so, yes, I am sweating.  I fear I am screwed unless Jones or Goodwin get 20 points.

M Crosby PK GB 813

D Adams WR GB 748

G Allison WR GB 690

J Graham TE GB 533

A Jones RB GB 521

J Williams RB GB 362

Packers DT GB 356

A Rodgers QB GB 232

R Cobb WR GB 129

T Montgomery RB GB 70

E St. Brown WR GB 41

J Moore WR GB 11

M Goodwin WR SF 2262

M Breida RB SF 2170

J Garoppolo QB SF 958

R Gould PK SF 565

G Kittle TE SF 525

49ers DT SF 108

K Juszczyk RB SF 76

D Pettis WR SF 69

T Taylor WR SF 68

P Garcon WR SF 57

G Celek TE SF 35

J McKinnon RB SF 15

J Williams RB SF 9

A lot of player slots potentially in action - based on the uncrossed off list above it's about 1.67 per entry (10450 player games)

-QG
Thanks for the reminder.  I am toast.

Users who are viewing this thread