What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: “this team is really good” a terrified Minnesota fan mumbles to himself (11 Viewers)

Playing the Pistons has gone from being an easy win to what is probably the most stressful game on the schedule at this point in the season. No one wants to be the team that looses to end the streak. It’s the most interesting NBA story going right now. The Pistons should be on TNT until they win.

Yeah, the other side to that is every team is laser focused and likely playing their A game which is rare in this long *** season. Poor Pistons :lmao:

This is the cruel irony. Teams are getting fired up for Pistons games in December because of the streak whereas normally a bottom-feeder team might get a break once in a while and be able to steal a win. The Pistons come to my city for two back-to-back games (over three days) at the end of January. It will really suck if they haven't won by then - will probably be a playoff-like atmosphere in the area.

They're going to be the best team in the NBA by 2028, thanks in part to Boston's trade for Jrue.
A 2024 Warriors pick and Malcolm Borogdon are sure to make that happen

Well.....kind of, yeah? I mean, they could conceivably have two picks in the top 10 in 2024 with the way the Warriors are playing and a needy team at the deadline could certainly overpay for the reigning 6 Man of the Year. This is how you rebuild in the NBA, guy. Not sure why this is hard to understand.

Playing the Pistons has gone from being an easy win to what is probably the most stressful game on the schedule at this point in the season. No one wants to be the team that looses to end the streak. It’s the most interesting NBA story going right now. The Pistons should be on TNT until they win.

Yeah, the other side to that is every team is laser focused and likely playing their A game which is rare in this long *** season. Poor Pistons :lmao:

This is the cruel irony. Teams are getting fired up for Pistons games in December because of the streak whereas normally a bottom-feeder team might get a break once in a while and be able to steal a win. The Pistons come to my city for two back-to-back games (over three days) at the end of January. It will really suck if they haven't won by then - will probably be a playoff-like atmosphere in the area.

Nobody wants to be the team who ends the Pistons streak. That's the kind of stuff that people remember. The Kings are playing in Detroit on January 9th. After just losing convincingly to another bad team on the road, this makes me nervous.

Nobody wants to be the team who ends the Pistons streak. That's the kind of stuff that people remember. The Kings are playing in Detroit on January 9th. After just losing convincingly to another bad team on the road, this makes me nervous.

ITS A REBUILDING TEAM FATMAX!!!!111

What team ended the Sixers record 28-game streak?

What team ended the Sixers record 28-game streak?
The Lakers.

Kobe went 7 for 26 (4/17 from 3) to secure the loss.

I could see the Celtics losing to the Pistons tonight. Brown is out, Tatum and Porzingas have been nursing injuries, and the C's could go ice cold from three-point land. The Pistons could put forth more effort and hang around all game, and we all know Boston has been known to take their foot off the gas. Some games, everyone else stands around and watches Tatum chuck threes as their offense in the last 5 minutes of games. Add in a bunch of Boston turnovers, and it could happen.

I could see the Celtics losing to the Pistons tonight. Brown is out, Tatum and Porzingas have been nursing injuries, and the C's could go ice cold from three-point land. The Pistons could put forth more effort and hang around all game, and we all know Boston has been known to take their foot off the gas. Some games, everyone else stands around and watches Tatum chuck threes as their offense in the last 5 minutes of games. Add in a bunch of Boston turnovers, and it could happen.
Only favored by 16.5

Most poetic thing possible for this discussion would be for a full strength Celtics squad to lose their first home game to the Pistons tomorrow night.
:whistle:

ETA: Honestly I see a Hauser or Pritchard masterpiece from 3 tonight and the Celtics cruise to a victory.

Mostly because of Kobe. Of the 8 guys who played the most minutes, Kobe had by far was the worst shooter at a terrible 35.8% from the floor. Oh and he averaged less than 3 assists and less than 4 rebounds a game
Kobe ranked 117 out of 117 in shooting % (out of players that qualified) and 116 of 117 in effective FG%. Also ranked 107 out of 107 in 3P%. His WS/48 was -.001 (190 out of 191 players). His last year was the opposite of good.

This game makes me feel old.

Back in my day, a 19-point lead was insurmountable, especially if you were playing the Pistons. Nowadays it don't mean nothing, especially if you're playing the Pistons.

Just saw the score and watched the highlights.

Never been so conflicted by a Celtics win. What could have been...

Man is Jayson Tatum unlikable to watch. Just absolute non-stop bitching.
Agreed. He certainly isn't the only one, but man, many times it is unwatchable.
My wife almost bought me a Tatum t-shirt she found on sale for Christmas, but my son talked her out of it because he knows how I feel about him.

I'm conflicted on him because, yes, he is our best player and a top 10 player in the world. I also like his work ethic as he seems to improve from season to season and plays almost every game.

However, his whining to refs (mainly this) and poor shot selection drive me crazy. He also doesn't defend well all the time. My son knows all this and knew I wouldn't really want a Tatum jersey or shirt because I dislike him as often as I like him.

I told her if you get me anyone, get me a Jrue Holiday jersey. I've loved his game forever, was a major reason I rooted for the Bucks when they won it all and is a major reason this is the best shot the Celtics have had to win it all since I've been a fan of theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread