What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (2 Viewers)

Raider Nation has shown up here:

Thank you to your fan base. :bow:
Taylor swift donated 50 grand but being reported as a 100 grand ...either way thats a nice donation...the goal was 75 grand they are already up to 275 grand
If you click the donantions, she made two 50K donations
i did see that , my son showed me . Good for her ,thats a great gesture

In a bizarre once-a-lifetime twist of fate, there are THREE top-rated centers this year.

DJ has all three in his top 37.

Zach Frazier, Jackson Powers-Johnson, and Graham Barton.

Very much like last year, when a TE (Mayer) at our 2nd round pick was a nice sync of need meeting BPA, the Raiders grabbing a C in the 2nd round would be fairly nice.
I thought there was talk of moving Dylan Parham to center. Did the Raiders change their mind?

Per PFF the top ten FA QB's is below. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to rate each on a scale of 1-10. 1 = second coming of Stabler. 10 = I would rather we kept Jimmy G and someone physically torture me until I bleed out and die. Bonus points for explaining your rating.

1. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
  2. Josh Dobbs, Minnesota Vikings
  3. Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
  4. Jameis Winston, New Orleans Saints
  5. Baker Mayfield, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  6. Gardner Minshew, Indianapolis Colts
  7. Tyler Huntley, Baltimore Ravens
  8. Sam Darnold, San Francisco 49ers
  9. Teddy Bridgewater, Detroit Lions
  10. Tyrod Taylor, New York Giants
All 9. I want a young QB. I'm beyond tired of retreads at the QB position.

Per PFF the top ten FA QB's is below. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to rate each on a scale of 1-10. 1 = second coming of Stabler. 10 = I would rather we kept Jimmy G and someone physically torture me until I bleed out and die. Bonus points for explaining your rating.

If that’s your only prerequisite, JJ McCarthy might be available if they trade up past Denver and Atlanta.

If that’s your only prerequisite, JJ McCarthy might be available if they trade up past Denver and Atlanta.
Sounds good to me.

There’s couple ways the Raiders can go to continue building a playoff caliber roster. Big picture they can go the route (that they seem to be on) of the Browns and 49ers. Keep building the trenches on offense and defense. DL Murphy or RT Fuaga make perfect sense and I’d have no complaints. Or they can go all in on a potentially great QB like Houston and instantly be a playoff contender. The difference is it’ll come at a huge cost.
As fans do we want a Browns type structure where they can make the playoffs with defense but don’t have the juice at QB to get over the hump. I know they have Watson but he’s not proven to stay healthy enough to be a reliable option. Even when healthy he’s been very average at best.
Or do they go all in and mortgage the future and go after Daniels? Who really is at this point a one year wonder with potential. But if he lives up to the hype, they have their 21 century dual threat QB.

Reading the AP tea leaves, seems like he wants to go all in and I can’t really blame him. How many years does AP have to be successful? I’m guessing this AP regime is on a short leash. The experience of Telesco might reign in AP a little, it’ll be interesting to see who gets their way.

Reading the AP tea leaves, seems like he wants to go all in and I can’t really blame him. How many years does AP have to be successful? I’m guessing this AP regime is on a short leash. The experience of Telesco might reign in AP a little, it’ll be interesting to see who gets their way.
Obviously AP will have input, but I'm pretty sure they have said Telesco has final say on personnel decisions and the roster.

Las Vegas Raiders to hire Auburn icon Cadillac Williams as running backs coach

Former Auburn running back and assistant coach Carnell “Cadillac” Williams is expected to be hired by the Las Vegas Raiders, Mike Gittens of The War Rapport first reported Saturday morning.​

The raiders have their RB coach. Williams is the 7th former NFL player on Antonio Pierce’s first Raiders coaching staff.
Perhaps the most memorable span of Williams’ time as an Auburn coach came in the weeks immediately following the firing of former Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin, who was axed with four games left to play in the 2022 regular season.

And it was Williams who was tossed the keys to the program and asked to drive it straight as interim head coach.

Williams went on to go 2-2 in that final span, but helped spark a passionate revival — a revival that only someone with Auburn ties like himself would be able to orchestrate.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who drafted him with the fifth overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. That same year, Williams was named the Associated Press’ NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

With the Buccaneers, Williams tallied more than 3,680 rushing yards and 20 touchdowns across six seasons — two of which were shortened by a pair of knee injuries. Williams finished his professional career with the St. Louis Rams, where he spent the 2011 season and rushed for 361 yards and a touchdown before calling it a career.

I’m sure it was Cadillac who put up 500 yards and 5 TDs vs the team who just hired him.

Propelled one of my teams to the highest score I’ve ever got in a single week

Hopefully he can generate something like that for the Raiders in the near future

QB discussion just to keep the thread going until the combine: what say you? What should the Raiders do?

1. Sell the farm and move up in the draft to 1,2 or 3 and land one of this year’s top 3 (Williams, Maye, Daniels or ???)
2. Keep building the trenches with the 1st round pick and target a QB on day two or three in the draft. (Penix, Nix, Rattler or ???)
3. JJ McCarthy gets his own category as he’s so polarizing at the moment. Some say he’s going top 10 others are saying day 2. Trade up a couple spots if you love him, even with the possibility of him sitting for a year behind AOC.
4. Trade for Justin Fields
5. Go after Russ Wilson once he gets cut.
6. Go after another free agent vet like Cousins, Mayfield, Minshew or Winston
7. Bring back Derek Carr (joking)..

I personally like the idea of trading for Fields for many reasons:
He’s still a young and growing QB. He’s got tons of potential and has a chance to become an elite dual threat QB. In a recent interview, Getsy raved about him saying he was one of the best humans he’s been around. I believe the Getsy hiring is signaling a Fields trade. And the Raiders should get him at decent value once the Bears tell the world they’re drafting Williams, their leverage will be almost nothing. I think a 3rd rounder might do it.

QB discussion just to keep the thread going until the combine: what say you? What should the Raiders do?

1. Sell the farm and move up in the draft to 1,2 or 3 and land one of this year’s top 3 (Williams, Maye, Daniels or ???)
2. Keep building the trenches with the 1st round pick and target a QB on day two or three in the draft. (Penix, Nix, Rattler or ???)
3. JJ McCarthy gets his own category as he’s so polarizing at the moment. Some say he’s going top 10 others are saying day 2. Trade up a couple spots if you love him, even with the possibility of him sitting for a year behind AOC.

He’s still a young and growing QB. He’s got tons of potential and has a chance to become an elite dual threat QB. In a recent interview, Getsy raved about him saying he was one of the best humans he’s been around. I believe the Getsy hiring is signaling a Fields trade. And the Raiders should get him at decent value once the Bears tell the world they’re drafting Williams, their leverage will be almost nothing. I think a 3rd rounder might do it.
Hell, O'Connell might be better than Fields.

In one of the many interviews AP gave during Super Bowl week he said, and I quote, “…worst case scenario we go with Aiden O’Connell next season….”
Whether he’s better than Fields or not, AP wants to bring in competition, and he should. Let’s find out if he is the better of the two.

3. From what I have seen so far, I would be happy getting McCarthy at #13.
4. Justin Fields. The price affects how I feel about the move. Conditional 2nd or 3rd? All right. Paying him 26 mill over two years to take a shot on him? Be a fun time, and maybe he's the guy.
5. For what Wilson will cost, you have to look at it. But is he going to be humble, and a team guy, or continue being a diva weirdo?

Those are probably my 3 favorite options, in order.

Believe me Fields is not an option. Was a very rocky relationship with Getsy who for two seasons refused to alter his offense to suit Fields. Lots of blame went both ways. It was a toxic relationship. If he was an option no Raider fan should want to deal with that anyway.

Was a very rocky relationship with Getsy who for two seasons refused to alter his offense to suit Fields. Lots of blame went both ways. It was a toxic relationship. If he was an option no Raider fan should want to deal with that anyway.
After the Raiders introduced him as their new coordinator Friday, Getsy praised Fields the way he did in two seasons at Halas Hall. He touted what he saw as “tremendous growth” in Fields despite the fact the third-year quarterback ranked 26th in passer rating, 22nd in passing yards and 39th in completion percentage among quarterbacks who threw at least 100 passes last year.

“Like I said when I was there, he’s one of the best human beings I’ve ever got to work with,” Getsy said. “The mentality that he brought every day, the consistent approach, the kind of man that he is. It was a blessing to work with him. He was someone that just came to work every day to get better and better, and I think he’ll continue to do so.”

Was a very rocky relationship with Getsy who for two seasons refused to alter his offense to suit Fields. Lots of blame went both ways. It was a toxic relationship. If he was an option no Raider fan should want to deal with that anyway.
After the Raiders introduced him as their new coordinator Friday, Getsy praised Fields the way he did in two seasons at Halas Hall. He touted what he saw as “tremendous growth” in Fields despite the fact the third-year quarterback ranked 26th in passer rating, 22nd in passing yards and 39th in completion percentage among quarterbacks who threw at least 100 passes last year.

“Like I said when I was there, he’s one of the best human beings I’ve ever got to work with,” Getsy said. “The mentality that he brought every day, the consistent approach, the kind of man that he is. It was a blessing to work with him. He was someone that just came to work every day to get better and better, and I think he’ll continue to do so.”

Watching these two try to co-exist for two years was a nightmare for Bears fans.

Watching these two try to co-exist for two years was a nightmare for Bears fans.
Well maybe they’ll do better together with another dysfunctional organization.
Joking aside… Remember these are 20 something year old young men. They make mistakes and sometimes say stupid sh!?. I’ve have two of them, they make mistakes but they have their hearts and heads in the right place a majority of the time. I think Fields does as well. I’d give him a shot to keep his career going in Silver & Black, if the Raiders don’t, another team will take a chance.

The Raiders would save about $8.1 million while taking a dead-money hit of $5.5 million if they cut or trade Renfrow before June 1.
If they cut or trade Renfrow after June 1, they’ll free up $11.8 million in cap space in 2024 while taking a dead-money hit of $1.8 million in 2024 and a dead-money hit of $3.6 million in 2025. — Tashan Reed

Believe me Fields is not an option. Was a very rocky relationship with Getsy who for two seasons refused to alter his offense to suit Fields. Lots of blame went both ways. It was a toxic relationship. If he was an option no Raider fan should want to deal with that anyway.
It just didn't work with Getsy and Fields in Chicago. The concerning thing is that it got worse year 2 to the point Getsy was fired and the Bears will likely move on from Fields. Before the Raiders hired Getsy I was interested in Fields. Now.......no.

It just didn't work with Getsy and Fields in Chicago. The concerning thing is that it got worse year 2 to the point Getsy was fired and the Bears will likely move on from Fields. Before the Raiders hired Getsy I was interested in Fields. Now.......no.
This article was on the Athletic regarding Getsy in CHI

With Fields, Getsy ran a lot of play-action (10th in play-action usage) with a ton of boots and rollouts — they ranked first in designed rollout usage.
If Getsy made a mistake with Fields, it was not running him enough. But Getsy ran a lot more PA and boot than I thought.

I would like to see more metrics on throwing on rhythm, but I think that's Fields' issue. He isn't willing to pull the trigger on easy, quick plays.

Also super interesting that Getsy had multiple interviews after he was fired. He was still well thought of after the Bears let him go.

This article was on the Athletic regarding Getsy in CHI

With Fields, Getsy ran a lot of play-action (10th in play-action usage) with a ton of boots and rollouts — they ranked first in designed rollout usage.
If Getsy made a mistake with Fields, it was not running him enough. But Getsy ran a lot more PA and boot than I thought.

I would like to see more metrics on throwing on rhythm, but I think that's Fields' issue. He isn't willing to pull the trigger on easy, quick plays.

Also super interesting that Getsy had multiple interviews after he was fired. He was still well thought of after the Bears let him go.
I'm a rare Bears fan that puts more of the fault on Fields not being able to play the role of a traditional pocket passer when needed. He's an unreal athlete, but not a great qb.

I am hoping our free agency action centers on the interior of the O-line, and the D-line. I would like to add multiple bodies to DT and OG/C before the draft.

With Pierce coming in as a player-friendly coach, and there being playing time up for grabs, I wonder if we get some guys on prove-it deals. That would be ideal.

I don't know if you can say it didn't work... when Fields came back his play improved greatly. Would that continue? I don't know but one thing I believe strongly is that it never helps a QB to have a different OC every year.

2, 4,5,6. 3 if he falls

Nope

Nope
I agree fantasy wise, but NFL GMs don’t care about fantasy.

Nope
I agree fantasy wise, but NFL GMs don’t care about fantasy.
Not talking fantasy. You always go there. AOC is a very limited QB. Could he improve? sure. Fields has his issues, but he’s the better QB right now.

I think every qb in this post (even Carr 😂) are better options than AOC.

AOC is the better at mixing drinks at parties I bet.

You need some new material.

Or O’Connell needs a new nickname

Last edited:

Or McConnell needs a new nickname
O’Connell AOC. Feel free to use super trooper since AOC triggers you.

Going off my gut I think AP wants to really shake things up at QB. I don’t see him paying $35-40 mil for guys like Cousins and Mayfield (Baker ain’t cheap anymore). And I don’t see him bringing in a lower tier QB like Minshew and calling it a day.
I think he really wants a dual threat QB. Going back to his playing days he has said in the past, those are the QBs he hated going against.
It will come down to Telesco’s final decision but AP and him have to get this right. Trading for Fields and pairing him with Getsy again could work in a new and different environment.
I also believe the Daniels talk is real but Telesco might nix that idea (no pun intended I swear).
And Russ is a very real possibility as well. As a fan I’d love nothing more than to stick it to Payton and the Broncos who are still yet to beat the LV Raiders.

Going off my gut I think AP wants to really shake things up at QB. I don’t see him paying $35-40 mil for guys like Cousins and Mayfield (Baker ain’t cheap anymore). And I don’t see him bringing in a lower tier QB like Minshew and calling it a day.
I think he really wants a dual threat QB. Going back to his playing days he has said in the past, those are the QBs he hated going against.
It will come down to Telesco’s final decision but AP and him have to get this right. Trading for Fields and pairing him with Getsy again could work in a new and different environment.
I also believe the Daniels talk is real but Telesco might nix that idea (no pun intended I swear).
And Russ is a very real possibility as well. As a fan I’d love nothing more than to stick it to Payton and the Broncos who are still yet to beat the LV Raiders.
I don’t think they have a shot at Daniels. Perhaps Penix? McCarthy is a long shot. Nix is a possibility I suppose, but I don’t like him a ton. Might go earlier anyway.

If we paid a dollar more than the vet min, I would be pissed if we brought Wilson in.... at vet min, I am all for it.

ETA: if we loaded it with incentives, ok, sure. No issue with that either.

Users who are viewing this thread