What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (12 Viewers)

Like Sirianni, Moore runs a WC offense largely in 11 personnel. Unlike Sirianni, Moore uses presnap motion (Chargers ranked 8th last year), and schemes guys open

The Eagles found an OC who runs a similar offense, but improves 2 glaring weaknesses of Sirianni’s system. Impressive

Also, 1st against the blitz in 2022 with the Cowboys. So hoping he improves 3 glaring weaknesses.

In addition to the above, he’s a veteran play caller.

Yeah I don’t get the love for this hire. Don’t get me wrong he’s worlds better than what we had here and should improve the play calling but I don’t think he’s all world or anything. One thing I would have liked is a hard *** that would hold these guys accountable. I get the feeling that was lacking last year (on both sides of the ball). Bienemy would have filled that role. Whatever. I’m not against Moore I’m just not as high on him.

Not exactly what I was looking for either but I could see it working. Could also see it being a disaster. If it ends badly, nick will be a gonner and prob Moore as well

Reactions: JAA
Kellen Moore. Woof.

Let’s chat in week 9/10ish.
I would have liked to see Kliff, more innovative and also experienced with Murray. I saw nothing out of Dal and Chargers which impressed me.

I want rpo, 3 step drop and ball out or tucked.

Yes to more i-formation. I believe with the league moving to almost nickel centric speed sideline to sideline, bringing back the overload in the middle of the field is critical on first and/or second down. Reducing negative plays should be what all the stat kids should be saying. Keep the defense on the field, time of possession, then play action later in the game. Try and play from ahead, reduce the offensive plays from your opponent. Sometimes it feels the only has to beat a Mahomes type player is to not let him have the ball.

Wow, I actually thought Eagles hiring “Killem” Moore was a joke? Oof, maybe he works out for you guys but dude was a bust in Dallas and then again for the Chargers. A lot of Daks problems two years ago were Kellens play calling and reads he wanted. Proof is look at Daks improvement in completions and INT’s once he was ran out. Dallas fans were stoked to see his predictable play calling out of there. Then what did he do for Hebert? I expect about week 6 the Philly crowd will have him screaming to be placed in the witness protection program unless he has learned a new formula on how to do his job since leaving another team. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fangio on the other hand, seems like a massive upgrade for your defense.👍🏼

• Thanks
Proof is look at Daks improvement in completions and INT’s once he was ran out.
Why do you think that’s on the OC and not the player?

I see one year with a lot of picks and other years he only threw 10 and 11. At some point it’s on Dak, no? Like Hurts’ picks this year many of Daks were fluky in 2022.

Wow, I actually thought Eagles hiring “Killem” Moore was a joke? Oof, maybe he works out for you guys but dude was a bust in Dallas and then again for the Chargers. A lot of Daks problems two years ago were Kellens play calling and reads he wanted. Proof is look at Daks improvement in completions and INT’s once he was ran out. Dallas fans were stoked to see his predictable play calling out of there. Then what did he do for Hebert? I expect about week 6 the Philly crowd will have him screaming to be placed in the witness protection program unless he has learned a new formula on how to do his job since leaving another team. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That's what I'm concerned about.

Just so I understand. Kellen Moore was the reason Dak threw a bunch of INTs. Why didn't Herbert throw a bunch of INTs then? Or what about the 37 TDs and 10 INTs that Dak had with Moore as the OC? Maybe Dak just had a bad injury plagued year. Now it is possible that after Dak had that 37/10 year, Moore tried to expand things for Dak and Dak couldn't handle it. There were a lot of INTs that Hurts had this year that I certainly wouldn't blame on anything related to Brian Johnson's play calling or game planning. Sometimes the players just don't play as well or get "unlucky" on some bounces.

Like Sirianni, Moore runs a WC offense largely in 11 personnel. Unlike Sirianni, Moore uses presnap motion (Chargers ranked 8th last year), and schemes guys open

The Eagles found an OC who runs a similar offense, but improves 2 glaring weaknesses of Sirianni’s system. Impressive

Also, 1st against the blitz in 2022 with the Cowboys. So hoping he improves 3 glaring weaknesses.

This.

Also, it seems that fans (especially in here), give coaches the death sentence when they haven't succeeded in the past. Coaches DO improve. Imagine if Bill never got another shot after being awful in Cleveland. Moore is obviously no Bill, but I believe coaches can improve as much, if not more than players can. Especially young ones.

It was very predictable that the Cowboy fans would rush in and bash the move, but Moore is exactly what we needed. Not saying he's going to be the answer to all our problems, but looking at the alternatives, this seems like a really smart move. He's got the experience, I think he's got more knowledge and insight than Johnson or a lot of the other guys out there, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has and will improve. All the things we hated about Johnson, are his strengths, so I'm all for giving him a shot.

I see one year with a lot of picks and other years he only threw 10 and 11. At some point it’s on Dak, no? Like Hurts’ picks this year many of Daks were fluky in 2022.
No doubt it was ultimately on Dak, who we have seen make questionable throws. But Kellen was doing him no favors with predictable calls that other teams DB’s were even saying they knew what was coming. Once Moore was happily shipped out of here, it’s no secret what Dak was saying- without actually saying it- when he said “the interceptions problem will stop this year”. And it basically did (until the playoffs 🤦🏻‍♂️as is the norm in Dallas). Dak was an MVP nominee this year and I don’t believe it was that he suddenly “learned how to play better” as much as it was a much better game plan and calls from a coach that was respected by the team a lot more. Laugh at MM all you want about his playoff losses, but he 100% improved the offenses play this year across the board.

No doubt it was ultimately on Dak, who we have seen make questionable throws. But Kellen was doing him no favors with predictable calls that other teams DB’s were even saying they knew what was coming. Once Moore was happily shipped out of here, it’s no secret what Dak was saying- without actually saying it- when he said “the interceptions problem will stop this year”. And it basically did (until the playoffs 🤦🏻‍♂️as is the norm in Dallas). Dak was an MVP nominee this year and I don’t believe it was that he suddenly “learned how to play better” as much as it was a much better game plan and calls from a coach that was respected by the team a lot more. Laugh at MM all you want about his playoff losses, but he 100% improved the offenses play this year across the board.

Scratches head. The Dallas Cowboys had the #1 scoring and #1 yardage offense in 2021 under Moore. Even playing 5 games with Cooper Rush the Cowboys had the #4 scoring and #11 yardage offense in 2022.

This.

Also, it seems that fans (especially in here), give coaches the death sentence when they haven't succeeded in the past. Coaches DO improve. Imagine if Bill never got another shot after being awful in Cleveland. Moore is obviously no Bill, but I believe coaches can improve as much, if not more than players can. Especially young ones.

It was very predictable that the Cowboy fans would rush in and bash the move, but Moore is exactly what we needed. Not saying he's going to be the answer to all our problems, but looking at the alternatives, this seems like a really smart move. He's got the experience, I think he's got more knowledge and insight than Johnson or a lot of the other guys out there, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has and will improve. All the things we hated about Johnson, are his strengths, so I'm all for giving him a shot.
Sorry, not a “bash” as much as a real head scratcher after witnessing his offense?? Really don’t see where his track record matches the rush to sign him as if he was the hot candidate. Maybe he’s improved, and hopefully atleast an improvement over what you had. Other guy must have REALLLLLY sucked. NFC East fans are way more worried about your DC hire. I like Fangio 👍🏼

I don’t know much though seeing the routes Allen and Lamb ran vs the like 4 it seemed like AJ Brown ran, I like it.

This.

Sorry, not a “bash” as much as a real head scratcher after witnessing his offense?? Really don’t see where his track record matches the rush to sign him as if he was the hot candidate. Maybe he’s improved, and hopefully atleast an improvement over what you had. Other guy must have REALLLLLY sucked. NFC East fans are way more worried about your DC hire. I like Fangio 👍🏼
It's not like there was a huge amount of QB coaches out there that were big hot candidates and sure things though either. Moore was a hot name once Harbaugh was signed and his foot was out the door. Again, he has experience, good knowledge, play calling ability, and gives us motion to our offense. These were GLARING holes we had this year and he fills them all more than any other available coach could have. He's not some savior that will be a HOF head coach, but he is definitely who we needed. At least who we needed to give a shot to anyways. And yes, our other guy REALLLLLY sucked.

Sounds like when CMC was on the Manningcast during an Eagles game and called out a QB draw play.

Correct. Those issues are ultimately on the player.

As far as the predictability, it happens both ways right? Offenses know what the defense is running as well, right? Defenses are bound to know what calls are coming from time to time. Using things like these as a “gotcha” moment by the media has become laughable at times.

So Moore was QB coach in 2018. OC from 2019-2022. During that time Dak has his highest yardage and TD totals as well and it’s McCarthy who were crediting with Dak’s success? The same issues that have plagued the player in the past showed themself in the playoff loss, who’s that on Moore or McCarthy? It’s the player 🤷‍♂️

Really don’t see where his track record matches the rush to sign him as if he was the hot candidate

The track record is clearly there. This is a 35 year old who’s been calling plays for 5 years and seems to be well respected around the league.

The Chargers up until a couple days ago have blocked him from interviewing as well and he just recently became available.

It's not like there was a huge amount of QB coaches out there that were big hot candidates and sure things though either. Moore was a hot name once Harbaugh was signed and his foot was out the door. Again, he has experience, good knowledge, play calling ability, and gives us motion to our offense. These were GLARING holes we had this year and he fills them all more than any other available coach could have. He's not some savior that will be a HOF head coach, but he is definitely who we needed. At least who we needed to give a shot to anyways. And yes, our other guy REALLLLLY sucked.
100% and if he takes the next steps and grows there’s a chance he replaces Nick as the play calling HC we clearly want.

Also, it seems that fans (especially in here), give coaches the death sentence when they haven't succeeded in the past.
How is that any different than you getting your panties in a bunch and defending Kellen?

Did you like him 2 days ago? Did you admire his offenses? Now he’s on Phillys staff so he’s the ****. We’ll see

I also don’t think he has any experience with a giant pouty diva like Brown, we’ll see how he handles that too

I’ll wait to see how they fill the staffs on each side of the ball but right now I’m very pleased with the direction they went in for OC and DC. Keeping Stoutland and Clay after his improvements has us off to a good start.

Also, it seems that fans (especially in here), give coaches the death sentence when they haven't succeeded in the past.
How is that any different than you getting your panties in a bunch and defending Kellen?

Did you like him 2 days ago? Did you admire his offenses? Now he’s on Phillys staff so he’s the ****. We’ll see

I also don’t think he has any experience with a giant pouty diva like Brown, we’ll see how he handles that too

Panties in a bunch? Here we go again 😂

Beat it troll

Panties in a bunch? Here we go again 😂

Beat it troll
Ok board cop 🙄

As far as the predictability, it happens both ways right? Offenses know what the defense is running as well, right? Defenses are bound to know what calls are coming from time to time. Using things like these as a “gotcha” moment by the media has become laughable at times.

So Moore was QB coach in 2018. OC from 2019-2022. During that time Dak has his highest yardage and TD totals as well and it’s McCarthy who were crediting with Dak’s success? The same issues that have plagued the player in the past showed themself in the playoff loss, who’s that on Moore or McCarthy? It’s the player 🤷‍♂️

Really don’t see where his track record matches the rush to sign him as if he was the hot candidate

The track record is clearly there. This is a 35 year old who’s been calling plays for 5 years and seems to be well respected around the league.

The Chargers up until a couple days ago have blocked him from interviewing as well and he just recently became available.
I’ll leave it at this:
Go read the threads when he was an OC in Dallas. Cowboy fans were cussing him and wanting him gone. Eagles fans were hoping he would stay. Dallas fans celebrated when he was sent packing, Eagles were wishing he had stayed.
He goes to the Chargers and the offense was ranked 18th and Herbert, who was thought a consensus top 4-6 QB, wasn’t so good anymore. Chargers now let him go explore other opportunities and Eagles hire him and now love him. Fan glasses are an amazing thing, I get it.
If you don’t agree with all those things, then I can shake hands and move on. 🤝

I mean... It's better than Johnson but is it really that great? He made that Chargers offense look pedestrian this year.

This is like the Fangio hire. Yea he's gonna be better than what we had but I'm not sure he's gonna be all that good.

I mean... It's better than Johnson but is it really that great? He made that Chargers offense look pedestrian this year.

This is like the Fangio hire. Yea he's gonna be better than what we had but I'm not sure he's gonna be all that good.
Yeah, but look at all the injuries he had to deal with on offense. Same with Fangio with the Miami defense. Both are great coordinators who had a run of bad luck with player injuries.

Yeah, but look at all the injuries he had to deal with on offense. Same with Fangio with the Miami defense. Both are great coordinators who had a run of bad luck with player injuries.
I guess we'll see but these hires are pretty underwhelming.

I’ll leave it at this:
Go read the threads when he was an OC in Dallas. Cowboy fans were cussing him and wanting him gone. Eagles fans were hoping he would stay. Dallas fans celebrated when he was sent packing, Eagles were wishing he had stayed.
He goes to the Chargers and the offense was ranked 18th and Herbert, who was thought a consensus top 4-6 QB, wasn’t so good anymore. Chargers now let him go explore other opportunities and Eagles hire him and now love him. Fan glasses are an amazing thing, I get it.
1. Coaches change. I think he has gotten more experience, and again, considering the options, this is great.
2. Chargers did not "let him go explore other opportunities". They blocked him from interviewing for any other OC positions this offseason. Harbaugh was hired and wants his own guys, so he was gone.
3. If you think Eagles fans (especially in here) are too HIGH on our own players/team, then I don't know what you're reading. Not sure of any fan base that's as HARD on our own players/coaches as we are.
4. It's absolutely wild how Cowboys fans like to gatekeep Eagles fandom and tell them how/when they should/shouldn't cheer or boo.
5. If you knew our weaknesses last year, this is as good of a hire as it gets. Sure he could suck, but it's promising that we actually went out and got a guy whose strengths are the exact things we need to fix.

Who would you have preferred? Names.

I’ll leave it at this:

Can we throw some context here:

In week 4, Herbert fractured his finger in his non-throwing hand and had to wear a splint. I assume it's somewhat hard to play QB in the NFL when you need to wear a splint/cast on your hand, even if it's the non-throwing one. He had the splint on as far as I can tell until at least the game on week 9. Then missed most of the week 14 game and all the games from week 15-18. So he was basically healthy weeks 1-3 and weeks 10-13.

ETA: Some more context

Weeks 1-3, 10-13 (Herbert averages when healthy): 278 YPG, 13 TDs, 2 INTs (17 game season numbers with those averages: 4,726 yds, 31 TDs, 5 INTs)
Weeks 4-9 (Herbert averages while wearing a splint on his non-throwing hand): 217 YPG, 5 TDs, 4 INTs

I didn't include the week 14 game he got injured in the 2nd quarter and Easton Stick came in.

Last edited:
Some perspective on Moore’s time as OC for LAC.

That season would be the equivalent of:

Jalen Hurts missing four games, A.J. Brown missing 14 games, DeVonta Smith missing four games and D’Andre Swift missing three games. But Hurts still wound up with 3,134 yards, 20 TDs and 7 INTs.

And I admittedly don’t know a lot about his exit from DAL, but I thought it was mostly a conflict of pass to run play calling that McCarthy (and Jerry Jones, and maybe old-school “run the ball” fans) didn’t agree with?

Who would you have preferred? Names.
I would have liked a change in scheme on Defense. Rivera would have been interesting instead of trying this bend and usually break defense again.

On offense, I would have preferred a new GOOD offensive mind that has shown something in college. Johnson to me came out of nowhere with no experience.

Some perspective on Moore’s time as OC for LAC.

That season would be the equivalent of:

Jalen Hurts missing four games, A.J. Brown missing 14 games, DeVonta Smith missing four games and D’Andre Swift missing three games. But Hurts still wound up with 3,134 yards, 20 TDs and 7 INTs.

And I admittedly don’t know a lot about his exit from DAL, but I thought it was mostly a conflict of pass to run play calling that McCarthy (and Jerry Jones, and maybe old-school “run the ball” fans) didn’t agree with?

See my post above yours. Herbert was playing with his non-throwing hand splinted for like 4-5 weeks.

This.

Anything is better than Brian johnson

Totally get why you don't like him and I wouldn't either if I was a Cowboys fan

I’ll leave it at this:
1. Coaches change. I think he has gotten more experience, and again, considering the options, this is great.
2. Chargers did not "let him go explore other opportunities". They blocked him from interviewing for any other OC positions this offseason. Harbaugh was hired and wants his own guys, so he was gone.
3. If you think Eagles fans (especially in here) are too HIGH on our own players/team, then I don't know what you're reading. Not sure of any fan base that's as HARD on our own players/coaches as we are.
4. It's absolutely wild how Cowboys fans like to gatekeep Eagles fandom and tell them how/when they should/shouldn't cheer or boo.
5. If you knew our weaknesses last year, this is as good of a hire as it gets. Sure he could suck, but it's promising that we actually went out and got a guy whose strengths are the exact things we need to fix.
1) Sounds like your management limited your options then. Because there are more to be considered once season is over.🤷🏼‍♂️ So maybe if you only had one option then I’d say good call.
2) But if he was as good as you think, maybe Harbaugh would atleast kick his tires as opposed to kick him out? Then end came extremely quick for him.
3) Eagles are well known for being over the top high before the hire/player does anything, but yes extremely brutal once they fail….so I half agree. (Big Balls Howie to Fire Howie; Doug is Lombardi, to get him out of town;Nakobe Dean draft day steal, etc)
4) I’ve never gate kept or told how you should cheer, but yes some do. Just as plenty of Eagles fans do the same. It’s human nature I guess? Most of my conversations with Eagles fans, except a couple of prix is usually good or atleast entertaining.
5) 100% agree with you. Plus if Moore works out, I’m sure the gate keepers will have a field day on how an ex Cowboy had to fix your Hurts ( pun intended) 😊

3) Eagles are well known for being over the top high before the hire/player does anything, but yes extremely brutal once they fail….so I half agree. (Big Balls Howie to Fire Howie; Doug is Lombardi, to get him out of town;Nakobe Dean draft day steal, etc)

I’ll leave it at this:
You can hop in any thread and see fans saying things where they end up wrong, right?

You’re dodging point after point. I tried to walk you through it but I’ll attempt to be more direct.

How is the QB Coach and OC, who got the most out of your MVP candidate QB not given credit but actually slighted?

I’m not saying he’s “great”. “Great” OC’s are normally made HC’s. He’s one of the better OC candidates available 🤷‍♂️

It’s almost like things change and your opinion changes with it. Or are you both advocating everyone just simply say “we’ll see” for all developments? Good lord 😂

I’ll leave it at this:
1) Sounds like your management limited your options then. Because there are more to be considered once season is over.🤷🏼‍♂️ So maybe if you only had one option then I’d say good call.
2) But if he was as good as you think, maybe Harbaugh would atleast kick his tires as opposed to kick him out? Then end came extremely quick for him.
4) I’ve never gate kept or told how you should cheer, but yes some do. Just as plenty of Eagles fans do the same. It’s human nature I guess? Most of my conversations with Eagles fans, except a couple of prix is usually good or atleast entertaining.
5) 100% agree with you. Plus if Moore works out, I’m sure the gate keepers will have a field day on how an ex Cowboy had to fix your Hurts ( pun intended) 😊
1) Sure, but there was a lot of OC jobs open, and from the sounds of the reports, he was sought after. Sometimes you need to just go for it.

2) I don't think he was "amazing"... but also, no chance Harbaugh wasn't going to bring his own guys in, and install his own offense. There was no way the OC there was going to stick around, don't think it mattered who it was.

3) I wouldn't say over the top high on players at all. Nakobe Dean was being talked about by analysts as a massive steal. You're acting like no one else had these thoughts too. It was general consensus amongst talking heads, yet you single out the fans for "being over the top excited". I REALLY REALLY do not understand this take.

4) I mean you kinda did. It's like when we are excited about a player, it's "rose coloured glasses! homer! you're too high on your own guys!", and then if they suck/don't turn out, and we want that player/coach gone, it's "omg you give up on your team so quickly! haha!". Football is an unpredictable sport... sometimes the guys with hype turn out like Carter did this year. Yet there is no "good job being excited about him".... had he failed miserably, it would be full of "you were too high on him". I find it really odd.

5) Yeah. It seems some people are more interested in the fandom than the actual team. You're a good cat though G-King, and actually discuss football far more than the fans.

It’s almost like things change and your opinion changes with it. Or are you both advocating everyone just simply say “we’ll see” for all developments? Good lord 😂
Yep... we are 'bad fans' (and it needs to be pointed out), any time a guy turns out that we thought wouldn't, or a guy doesn't turn out that we thought would. How dare we have excitement or pessimism!

Yep... we are 'bad fans' (and it needs to be pointed out), any time a guy turns out that we thought wouldn't, or a guy doesn't turn out that we thought would. How dare we have excitement or pessimism!
I don’t understand how you can type it and then someone quote it, on a fantasy football message board. This place is littered with thousands of takes similar to the ones mentioned above.

They are emotional still after telling us how much better they were all season then made it no further than we did. Dak is consistent if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread