What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (12 Viewers)

I wonder what's going on with Hassan and Sweat. I'm guessing one of them will be gone. Maybe trade Sweat and extend Reddick, which would actually free up more $$.

ETA: They are both under contract and are not really cap liabilities so getting rid of them doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint. Have to wonder if either Fangio doesn't think they will be contributors or is it possible that one of these guys was a locker room issue at the end of the year.
Read something about that the D line was "Freelancing" at the end of the season and the team wasn't happy with it. Not to mention the collapse. Both need compensation + new deals from the new team. Reddick probably wants something close to what Danielle Hunter just got, but Sweat is younger, so theoretically, the Eagles should be able to get better compensation. Just seems they are probably juggling/measuring offers to see what they want to do.

Jalen Hurts ($13.5M); AJ Brown ($12.4M); Devonta Smith ($6.4M); Saquon Barkley ($3.9M):

Total cap hits of all 4 Eagles stars for 2024 is $36,200,000.

Dak Prescott cap hit = $59.4M

Daniel Jones cap hit = $47M
Other teams can see what Howie is doing right? It's not magic. They can all copy how he does contracts and yet this still happens.

Jalen Hurts ($13.5M); AJ Brown ($12.4M); Devonta Smith ($6.4M); Saquon Barkley ($3.9M):

Total cap hits of all 4 Eagles stars for 2024 is $36,200,000.

Dak Prescott cap hit = $59.4M

Daniel Jones cap hit = $47M
Other teams can see what Howie is doing right? It's not magic. They can all copy how he does contracts and yet this still happens.
Howie only cares about football.
Not branding.
Not making sure fans can see the players workout thru 1 sided mirrors.
Not which players did/didn't stand for the anthem.
Not worried even about his own job security.

A stable environment + a forward thinking GM can do every team wonders.

Lol everyone does this. Swift signed a 3 year deal 2 minutes into the "legal period" ... does anyone actually think the bears and his agent banged out the whole contract and details in 120 seconds? With everyone making so many moves within hours of it being "legal" (except dallas), all these deals are "handshake deals" done well before the "legal" window.

Sorry the Packers got better this year. Maybe when they bounce you next year, you can blame MVP voters. Now, go get your shinebox!

We have to win this year. You won it last year. Not like the giants or commies are going to.

I wonder what's going on with Hassan and Sweat. I'm guessing one of them will be gone. Maybe trade Sweat and extend Reddick, which would actually free up more $$.

ETA: They are both under contract and are not really cap liabilities so getting rid of them doesn't make much sense from a financial standpoint. Have to wonder if either Fangio doesn't think they will be contributors or is it possible that one of these guys was a locker room issue at the end of the year.
Read something about that the D line was "Freelancing" at the end of the season and the team wasn't happy with it. Not to mention the collapse. Both need compensation + new deals from the new team. Reddick probably wants something close to what Danielle Hunter just got, but Sweat is younger, so theoretically, the Eagles should be able to get better compensation. Just seems they are probably juggling/measuring offers to see what they want to do.

Basically what I heard. Certain guys just winged it while others dogged it after Patricia was brought in. Fangio is no nonse and they need a few players similiar to CJ with that swag and some balls again

I mean let’s be real they haven’t been able to beat either team consistently in yrs now no matter the coach. Franklin just makes it look worse with how he loses

I mean let’s be real they haven’t been able to beat either team consistently in yrs now no matter the coach. Franklin just makes it look worse with how he loses
I mean O'Brien was a bum. Franklin did bring the program back to relevance with his recruiting but he is just the worst game day coach in big time games. I havent seen someone choke this bad in big games since Marty Shottenheimer. He has no feel for any of them.

He'll be at PSU for years because he keeps them top 15 but he'll never beat Mich or OSU.

Falcons are looking to trade Desmond Ridder now. Depending on price wouldn’t mind him working with Eagles coaches. He plays similar style to Hurts so offebse wouldn’t have to change much

Sorry the Packers got better this year. Maybe when they bounce you next year, you can blame MVP voters. Now, go get your shinebox!
I never blame anyone for Dallas losing except Dallas.

Congrats on winning March to you too friend! 🎉

Well, since it's only March- I'll celebrate winning March. In September, I imagine I'll love celebrating winning September, too. And in October... should I keep going?

Too bad your calendar always stops at December.

Well, since it's only March- I'll celebrate winning March. In September, I imagine I'll love celebrating winning September, too. And in October... should I keep going?

Too bad your calendar always stops at December.
Such a weird flex "Hey good job signing a bunch of Free Agents that should help your roster this year!"

#DreamTeam coming in 3...2....1

Here's the list of who's left. Not so good, but we definitely will need to sign one, we can't go in with just Hurts and McKee.

Tannehill
Garopollo
Bridgewater
Huntley
Hoyer
Dobbs
Stick
Sudfeld
Gabbert
Wentz
Allen
Siemian
McCarron
Barkley

Tannehill and Jimmy probably both want a shot to start somewhere and/or would be too expensive.

Dobbs could work maybe? Stick would make sense with the history with our new OC. Sudfeld and Wentz would be hilarious but doubtful. Ugh.

What FA QB's are left? We obviously need one.
Tyrod Taylor
Jimmy G (prob still wants to try to be a starter tho)
Huntley
Tannehill
Easton Stick

Crappy list
plus Bridgewater, Dobbs, Sudfeld, Siemien. Dobbs and Bridgewater are not terrible holding clipboards and have decent wheels, though I think Teddy might be getting a bit long in the tooth.
I think Teddy actually said he is retiring? Just took a coaching job somewhere a few weeks ago and a few months ago said this year would be his last.

Here's the list of who's left. Not so good, but we definitely will need to sign one, we can't go in with just Hurts and McKee.

Tannehill
Garopollo
Bridgewater
Huntley
Hoyer
Dobbs
Stick
Sudfeld
Gabbert
Wentz
Allen
Siemian
McCarron
Barkley

Tannehill and Jimmy probably both want a shot to start somewhere and/or would be too expensive.

Dobbs could work maybe? Stick would make sense with the history with our new OC. Sudfeld and Wentz would be hilarious but doubtful. Ugh.
I think McKee could absolutely be the #2.

ETA: Tannehill would probably be ideal, but probably not super cheap.

Tannehill
Garopollo
Bridgewater
Huntley
Hoyer
Dobbs
Stick
Sudfeld
Gabbert
Wentz
Allen
Siemian
McCarron
Barkley

I think McKee could absolutely be the #2.

ETA: Tannehill would probably be ideal, but probably not super cheap.
Maybe the #2, but still could use a #3 vet. Don't want to draft one and have the 2 guys behind Hurts being late round rookies/2nd year players.

What FA QB's are left? We obviously need one.
Tyrod Taylor
Jimmy G (prob still wants to try to be a starter tho)
Huntley
Tannehill
Easton Stick

Crappy list
plus Bridgewater, Dobbs, Sudfeld, Siemien. Dobbs and Bridgewater are not terrible holding clipboards and have decent wheels, though I think Teddy might be getting a bit long in the tooth.
And AJ McCarron is with my guy Anthony Betch in the new football league with St. Louis Battlehawks. He has no interest in returning to nfl

League is looking into tampering now lol.

If only the Eagles had not tampered, Saquon would still be a Giant....
Craziest thing is that Swift signed like 30 seconds into the FA period and he’s not being investigated 😂
lol ikr. the rules that were allegedly broken was that teams are allowed to talk to agenst like 72 hours prior to the tampering period but not directly with the player. both Philly and ATL in trouble for people involved saying the quiet parts out loud.

Reactions: Zow
League is looking into tampering now lol.

If only the Eagles had not tampered, Saquon would still be a Giant....
Craziest thing is that Swift signed like 30 seconds into the FA period and he’s not being investigated 😂
Because teams can talk to agents.

Eagles and Falcons are only in hot water here because there is some evidence that the teams may have spoken with the players directly.

We got a young LB!!!

• LB Devin White is signing a one-year deal that is worth up to $7.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. 26yrs old
Eagles' fans are pretty smart. You're going to hate him. The occasional sack doesn't make up for the incredible lack of instincts and constant coverage gaffes.

There's a reason he's only signing a one year deal. Maybe he "proves it" for you guys? I wouldn't hold my breath.

We got a young LB!!!

• LB Devin White is signing a one-year deal that is worth up to $7.5 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. 26yrs old
Eagles' fans are pretty smart. You're going to hate him. The occasional sack doesn't make up for the incredible lack of instincts and constant coverage gaffes.

There's a reason he's only signing a one year deal. Maybe he "proves it" for you guys? I wouldn't hold my breath.
You understand that we’ve had years of Tom-from-accounting playing at Lber. We’re ****ing desperate.

We got a young LB!!!

He's still better than what we have had

We got a young LB!!!

He's the proverbial chocken with his head cut off. He's a great athlete, who probably would struggle to cover me. Zero instincts. He should probably bulk up and play DE.

Nakobe Dean is a lot better than Devin White.

KJ Britt was instantly a huge upgrade over White in TB. If Devin White were a day 3 pick instead of 5th overall, I think he'd be covering kickoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread