What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4-1 Dallas @ 3-1 Seattle (1 Viewer)

seahawk 17

Footballguy
Just browsing through the Dallas forums and the fans don't seem to confident that the Cowboys can pull off the upset. I think this is going to be a great game.

1. Dallas #2 rushing attack going against Seattle's #1 rush defense.

2. Seattle struggles with TE's and Witten is a good one.

3. We will see some situations of where Sherman has to match up with Dez, and that's going to be fun to watch.

Romo has never won in Seattle, and that streak continues tomorrow, but it will be a close game. :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the Seahawks are 3-1 since they had the bye in week 4.

I think I'm more concerned than I've read other Seahawks fans being. With Kam questionable and Unger out I'm not thrilled about this matchup. I honestly think we're lucky this one is being played at home instead of away.

What are we projecting for Dallas' skill guys. Dez, Murray, etc?

Is this the week we bench them for less sexy names? I personally think Dez can beat Sherman 1 on 1, but I'm expecting plenty of help over top. Terrence Williams could be the big wr play.

No one has the pills to bench Murray, and I think he'll end up with a decent (60 and a TDish) if not elite day. Witten could have his best game of the season.

Actually, the Seahawks are 3-1 since they had the bye in week 4.

I think I'm more concerned than I've read other Seahawks fans being. With Kam questionable and Unger out I'm not thrilled about this matchup. I honestly think we're lucky this one is being played at home instead of away.
PC said that Kam will be a GTD, they are going to test him out during warm ups. If he is out that, that's not good. Unger being out is bad also, the line as usual has not been very good.

Point spread is -9, which surprises me. I think it will be a lot closer than that.

What happens to public perception IF Dal wins this game? Nobody really seems to be taking Dal seriously even though they are 4-1 with maybe the best running game in the NFL. Sea seems to be perceived as the best team in the league.

Schilling has never played center before.

Schilling was an all-state lineman at Bellevue High School and then played guard and tackle at the University of Michigan. He played in 18 games, with two starts at guard, during three seasons with the San Diego Chargers before joining the Seahawks.

seahawks.com

It seems like Dez only gets involved if the team's back is to the wall. I would like to see them get him some action early but I fear he will take a backseat to the other playmakers on the team this week (Williams, Witten, Murray).

Cowboy fan alert...

Take the Hawks and the points.

Dallas has not looked good in 3 of their 5 games despite the 4-1 record.

Murray has fumbled in 4 games, Romo is good or a pick or 2 in Seattle.

12th man...

Seattle will absolutely be able to pound the run and have our LB's with their tongue's hanging out of their mouths with dinks and dunks.

Yes, Dallas will run a bit and score some, but not nearly enough.

31-14 Hawks

What happens to public perception IF Dal wins this game? Nobody really seems to be taking Dal seriously even though they are 4-1 with maybe the best running game in the NFL. Sea seems to be perceived as the best team in the league.
Smoke and mirrors. Seattle will thump us.

I think Dallas will hang in there for a while and make some plays, but Seattle should be able to score a lot. I'll say 30-13.

I don't think it will happen, but let's play along...

Realistically, it would be the first non-division team to come in and win in the Clink in a long time. Long enough that I don't exactly remember it. (Just looked it up, it was the Redskins in week 12 of 2011.) I would think it would put a ***** in the armor on that idea of being fairly unbeatable at home. In addition to that, people would more likely than not put this more as a huge loss for Seattle than a huge win for Dallas even though it wouldn't make much sense to do so, but since the public opinion ahead of the season was fairly negative for Dallas I think that would be the case.

Having said that and with my concerns already noted above, I think the Dallas defense gets severely exposed in this one. I also think the Dallas offense will be able to put up some points too, but more in spurts than anything. The Seattle defense isn't nearly as good as they were last year (it was a historic defense so this should have been expected) but if you read through the early part of last year's schedule it didn't exactly start out well either (the Houston, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee games read that way in hindsight anyway). Add to it that this year has started against Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, and Peyton Manning and it provides a little reason why they aren't ranked as high as people would have expected.

At the end of the day, I expect the Seahawks to win. The score might be closer than what it feels like when watching the game as I expect Dallas' run game to grind to a halt and Romo to make his trademark mistakes as a result.

Agree biju, well said. Dal needs to put this game on Murray's back even if it's nut working early on. Romo will struggle heavily vs. Sea secondary IMO. The good news/bad news is Sea doesn't really sell out to stop anything from what I can tell. Their D is well suited to playing aggressive vs. the run by nature, though. Where I think Dal can really exploit them is in the passing game to Murray and Witten.

Seahawks have been fortunate in mho, the better non division teams they get at home and play the not as good teams on the road. No knock on Seattle, they don't make the schedule, but pretty fortunate for them.

Denver, GB and now Dallas in Seattle. Washington and SD on the road. I'll take that if Im a Seahawk fan.

If Dallas is smart they will line Dez up away from Sherman as much as possible, even though I don't think Sherman can cover him for long anyway, why do it if your Dallas knowing you can have someone else on him. I think it's a close game, too much Wilson in the end Seattle wins it 27 - 17.

I think even the biggest bandwagon, blind homer Cowboys fans are taking a wait and see approach to this season. Why get all excited just see it all fall apart? It gets tiring.

For this game, Seattle is a more complete team, playing at home, where they don't lose........As a fan, I'd LOVE to see the upset, but I don't see it happening.....chickens by a couple teeters.

I like Seattle to win, but I think it'd be crazy to bench Murray or Bryant. I think Romo could be a good start as well, with lots of yards and a couple TDs, mixed with a few turnovers.

What concerns me most is whether Seattle can get pressure on Romo to force him to make mistakes. The Dallas O line could be one of the best in the league and the Hawks have not been as good this year at getting pressure on the QB. If they don't get to Romo, Dallas has enough talent on the offensive side of the ball to keep the crowd at bay and stay in this game to the end.

Bankerguy said:
Cowboy fan alert...

Take the Hawks and the points.

Dallas has not looked good in 3 of their 5 games despite the 4-1 record.

Murray has fumbled in 4 games, Romo is good or a pick or 2 in Seattle.

12th man...

Seattle will absolutely be able to pound the run and have our LB's with their tongue's hanging out of their mouths with dinks and dunks.

Yes, Dallas will run a bit and score some, but not nearly enough.

31-14 Hawks
This

Man o man what a game this should be. The only reason I think the Cowboys have a shot is because of their O line. They can handle just about anyone. The problem with playing Seattle, in Seattle is the crowd makes it almost impossible to get your offense in and out of plays at the LOS. Problem because Romo uses all the clock as it is. Thus the advantage the defense has getting off the ball due to the forced silent count forces mistakes because they limit QB's ability to see the field fully and get to the second and third reads.Not only that, but in the past the Cowboys were all about Romo's arm. However, the Cowboys now have a legit running game thanks to the O line and Tony will have an extra tick while the defensive line has to check run first then rush. I believe this O line will be able to handle the rush much better then in years past. I don't care what anyone says, Romo with time, is deadly. Even without time he can be magic. He can also be brutally off and if that is the case we have no chance.

What i worry about more than anything is will Rolando McClain's groin hold up. The Cowboys Defense is a different animal without him. More like a teddy bear. We are missing Carter and his speed badly. But with RoMac at Mike, this team is a grizzly bear to deal with up the middle. Believe it or not the lack of our pass rush getting home may work to our benefit with Russell. Our back end is better without MO on the field to pick on. Coverage is tighter. Still this defense will never remind you of the Doomsday D, but it can play bend but don't break on Sundays.

Bottom line, the Cowboys have to play a their best to beat the Seahawks. I think they have been preparing for a game like this all year.

Cowboys 23 Seahawks 20 in the game of the week. :boxing:

Murray makes it 6 straight 100 yard games.

jurb26 said:
They haven't played a good run defense yet. I expect Dallas to poop the bed tomorrow.

I think the Cowboys are being severely overlooked in this game. If they have trouble running the ball in the 1st quarter but stay committed while keeping the game within a TD (unlike vs the 9ers)...I believe the crowd and the Sea D will get worn down. If its close at halftime Dallas will win. If Romo audibles out of the run and is not successful hitting Witten in the zone holes resulting in Int's it will be San Fran all over again.

Dallas 30 Sea 24

Definite blowout potential, but I would not be surprised in the slightest to see this game be real close............but it would surprise me to see Dallas actually win

Is this the week we bench them for less sexy names? I personally think Dez can beat Sherman 1 on 1, but I'm expecting plenty of help over top. Terrence Williams could be the big wr play.

No one has the pills to bench Murray, and I think he'll end up with a decent (60 and a TDish) if not elite day. Witten could have his best game of the season.
If Knowshon Moreno is declared inactive tomorrow morning, I will likely bench uber-stud Murray in favor of Lamar Miller :crazy: . Too many backs have been swallowed up by the Seattle run defense. My head-to-head matchup calls for the "higher floor" play of Miller against the Pack.

If Knowshon Moreno is declared inactive tomorrow morning, I will likely bench uber-stud Murray in favor of Lamar Miller :crazy: . Too many backs have been swallowed up by the Seattle run defense. My head-to-head matchup calls for the "higher floor" play of Miller against the Pack.
True, but Murray is the best RB they came across. Lacy/Morris style of just run forward isnt the best against Seattle.

Murray is going to get a lot of touches, definitely enough for me to say play him over Murray.

But hey, crazier things have happened. I bet in some league somewhere someone is playing Oliver over Murray and it just might be correct. I just wouldnt bench murray, ever, unless I had the more studs with better matchups and could only play two RBs.

Kam Chancellor hasn't practiced this week and is a GTD. If he sits, I'll plug in Terrance Williams @ flex.

What is the deal with the Hawks defense this year? They are a middling fantasy defense at best after being so good last year.

I think the Cowboys are being severely overlooked in this game. If they have trouble running the ball in the 1st quarter but stay committed while keeping the game within a TD (unlike vs the 9ers)...I believe the crowd and the Sea D will get worn down. If its close at halftime Dallas will win. If Romo audibles out of the run and is not successful hitting Witten in the zone holes resulting in Int's it will be San Fran all over again.

Dallas 30 Sea 24
Every single fanbase says this every home game. "All we need to do is get an early lead and take the crowd out of it." It certainly could happen, but I don't think I've been to a game (minus preseason) where the crowd wasn't into it including the 2010 and 2011 games where we were losing badly. And after watching this team come back from some large deficits recently I have to think the crowd believes we can come back from anything.

What is the deal with the Hawks defense this year? They are a middling fantasy defense at best after being so good last year.
Last season was historical. Did you really think that was going to continue? Or at least would be the same in facing 3 of the top QBs in the league over 4 weeks of games?

• pass rush - they aren't getting to the QB
  • quality of opponents faced - Denver, SD, GB in the 1st 4 games
  • TOs - aren't getting them yet
  • Thin at DB - Jeremy Lane loss, while not a headliner was pretty big. Burly filled it pretty well but he's hurt now so they had to go get someone else.
  • Defending SB champ - getting everyone's best shot.
they ARE the #1 ranked DEF in yards allowed - despite facing the above teams. I think the TOs will come, as they have been close on several occasions. Getting Irvin back should help with keeping guys fresh on the DEF line. By end of season, they'll be right there again.

• Thin at DB - Jeremy Lane loss, while not a headliner was pretty big. Burly filled it pretty well but he's hurt now so they had to go get someone else.
they ARE the #1 ranked DEF in yards allowed - despite facing the above teams. I think the TOs will come, as they have been close on several occasions. Getting Irvin back should help with keeping guys fresh on the DEF line. By end of season, they'll be right there again.
:goodposting: that pretty much nails it.

Except they aren't the #1 defense in yds. They are 5th.

Except they aren't the #1 defense in yds. They are 5th.
yep, you're right. I was looking at total yards, which of course doesn't take into account the BYE. yds/ game is better.

Seattle has yet to face a team that runs the well really well this year. I am not saying Dallas is gonna run all over them, or that Murray is gonna go for 100 and a score again, but benching the guy who has been the best RB so far this year is crazy talk. Murray did well against SF, who is a top 5 run D this year as far as rushing yards allowed per game.

Seattle will get their points but I think it unlikely Dallas will be able to score with them.

Seattle - 38

Dallas - 24

Dallas 30 Sea 24
Nice call.

Users who are viewing this thread