What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Brown returns ?, to what roll? (1 Viewer)

Cox and Brown are my play in deep enough leagues. At worse they form a committee with Mr. Wilson. They have the size and power people believe Wilson has is spades.
Cox is just plain awful.

Clearly not ready - bask to KR duties only

Jacobs, Hillis and Brown are the vets. I think Hillis may give them nore than Jacobs, so I think they keep Hillis and Brown.

Dwils has been awful and the team has been awful with him in there. I see him as the COP guy, while Hillis and Brown rotate...

The Giants running game has kickstarted the past couple weeks. Anybody that is a NFL talent (ie. not Jacobs or Hillis) should do well back there if they are given at least 70% of the carries. Only question with Brown is will he stay healthy and will Wilson come back and it become a committee?

Would any of you guys drop MJD for Brown? I'm seriously thinking of doing this... we are 8 weeks into the season and MJD has basically done nothing so far.

Would any of you guys drop MJD for Brown? I'm seriously thinking of doing this... we are 8 weeks into the season and MJD has basically done nothing so far.
I'd say trade MJD first, package him with someone and try to create a roster space first. MJD will be picked up in an instant.

I'd say trade MJD first, package him with someone and try to create a roster space first. MJD will be picked up in an instant.
Thanks for the advice!! I'll try to do this first, but I have a feeling nobody in my league will give me a banana peel for MJD right now...

Thanks for the advice!! I'll try to do this first, but I have a feeling nobody in my league will give me a banana peel for MJD right now...
I would

I dropped MJD early this week, and no one has picked him up off the wire yet! He is just sitting there for the taking, and no one is jumping on him. I have had enough, and I am convinced he is DONE! I have come to grips that MJD was just a wasted early round pick, and I can actually get more points from Mike James playing in place of Doug Martin in Tampa, than MJD. Who would of thought!

I think Brown is a movie we've seen before. He'll do well and get hurt and retire early this offseason.

If there's nothing better, I'd hold onto Jacobs and Hillis(who I expect to do well) until Brown gets hurt again.

He's a great guy with awesome determination and "drive" but OMG is he made of glass.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton or Jacobs is the only current Giant RB on the roster in camp next summer in what'll surely be a complete overhaul. Coughlin loves tough hard-nosed types and it's not a bad example for younger players effort wise and they know the plays and are cheap and....keeping one seems reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cox and Brown are my play in deep enough leagues. At worse they form a committee with Mr. Wilson. They have the size and power people believe Wilson has is spades.
Cox is just plain awful.

Jacobs, Hillis and Brown are the vets. I think Hillis may give them nore than Jacobs, so I think they keep Hillis and Brown.

Dwils has been awful and the team has been awful with him in there. I see him as the COP guy, while Hillis and Brown rotate...
You base that on 10 touches? I thought his 1st run was decent. The rest of the game he was splitting carries with Hillis. Hillis got all of the touches that mattered. I'd still consider him a deep sleeper this week vs my Eagles.

Cox is just plain awful.

You base that on 10 touches? I thought his 1st run was decent. The rest of the game he was splitting carries with Hillis. Hillis got all of the touches that mattered. I'd still consider him a deep sleeper this week vs my Eagles.
How many RBs have they signed in order to NOT start Cox?

Giants RB Andre Brown (leg, short-term IR) says he's "ready to go," and expects to return when first eligible in Week 10 against the Raiders.

It's excellent news for the Giants, who have been stuck with veteran retreads and practice-squad type young players in the backfield for a majority of 2013. At the very least, Brown would be a big upgrade on Peyton Hillis and Brandon Jacobs. Brown is unlikely to exceed FLEX value, but is well worth a flier if you're hurting at running back.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5276/andre-brown

Giants RB Andre Brown (leg, short-term IR) says he's "ready to go," and expects to return when first eligible in Week 10 against the Raiders.

It's excellent news for the Giants, who have been stuck with veteran retreads and practice-squad type young players in the backfield for a majority of 2013. At the very least, Brown would be a big upgrade on Peyton Hillis and Brandon Jacobs. Brown is unlikely to exceed FLEX value, but is well worth a flier if you're hurting at running back.
This sounds like one of those RW overreach assumptions just begging to be challenged by reality.

I think Brown is a movie we've seen before. He'll do well and get hurt and retire early this offseason.

If there's nothing better, I'd hold onto Jacobs and Hillis(who I expect to do well) until Brown gets hurt again.

He's a great guy with awesome determination and "drive" but OMG is he made of glass.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton or Jacobs is the only current Giant RB on the roster in camp next summer in what'll surely be a complete overhaul. Coughlin loves tough hard-nosed types and it's not a bad example for younger players effort wise and they know the plays and are cheap and....keeping one seems reasonable.

No, no no.. What are you Hillis' agent? Talk about irresponsible speculation. No chance (NO CHANCE!) that both Wilson AND Brown aren't on the Giants' roster next year (barring some sorta crazy injury and retirement).

Stick to reviewing movies, leave the G-Men analysis to someone who knows what they are talking about!

No, no no.. What are you Hillis' agent? Talk about irresponsible speculation. No chance (NO CHANCE!) that both Wilson AND Brown aren't on the Giants' roster next year (barring some sorta crazy injury and retirement).

Stick to reviewing movies, leave the G-Men analysis to someone who knows what they are talking about!
lol well, Brown's made of glass and like I said it just feels like we've seen this before.

This sounds like one of those RW overreach assumptions just begging to be challenged by reality.
They like to underpromise and then, when the player overdelivers, jump on board and say "we told ya so -- RB 1 locked and loaded."

On Sept. 3rd, drebrown35 tweeted "see y'all week 8". I have looked just about everywhere for an update on his status, and found nothing.

I am an MJD owner that could use RB help, and picked drebrown off waivers this week to hold as lottery ticket. Now, Benny C. looks like he'll get a chance in the horrid StL backfield, and thinking of going with him. Don't want your input or opinion, just stating my position.

If he does return sooner, rather than later, has Wilson done enough to even make it RBBC, or will drebrown be the spark they need? I have seen zero Giant's games, so I only have stats to look at. Add that to the lack of info on drebrown, and I'm kinda in the dark. Any insight into the questions posed in the title would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I tried reading the David Wilson thread. I just couldn't garner any info from it thanks to the crazy quoters in that thread!
I think he plays rb for the giants, so I hope this helps you in defining what his role is

Rotoworld:

Running backs coach Jerald Ingram said he expects Andre Brown (leg) to "do a lot of things" on first, second and third down.
Brown has been practicing well for the last three weeks and is going to make his season debut in Week 10. He'll be eased back in as part of a committee, but it's obvious he's the most talented back on the team outside of David Wilson (neck, out indefinitely). In 10 games last year, Brown rushed 73 times for 385 yards (5.27 YPC) with eight touchdowns. He'll start off with some low-end flex value and his snap count should gradually rise.

Source: ESPN New York

I am all for the Brown hype, but don't forget this guy's injury history either. I think it's easy to want him to come back and do it all, but before last year he himself had quite the inauspicious and injury-filled career. Wouldn't be shocked to see him take back over and get hurt again in a couple weeks. Definitely not what I am hoping for, but I am leery.

I am all for the Brown hype, but don't forget this guy's injury history either. I think it's easy to want him to come back and do it all, but before last year he himself had quite the inauspicious and injury-filled career. Wouldn't be shocked to see him take back over and get hurt again in a couple weeks. Definitely not what I am hoping for, but I am leery.
Is there a higher % chance Brown gets injured again than most? Yes

Will he get re-injured? Who knows? ...and most of us cant afford to care. If you're still scrambling to fill Doug Martin's shoes somehow, then you grab him.

As far as his role is concerned? If he is 100%, is there anyway he gets less than 10 touches in his first time out? If no, and he's somewhere in the 10-15 range, then yup, he's in flex territory as his initial starting point w/good upside. That's a story worth buying into for many.

As far as his roll is concerned? Mort just reported that Brown prefers seeded-Kaisers; so drop all submarine rolls, dinner rolls too along with anything seedless.

-

I read that he will be wearing protection on his legs for the rest of his career. Hopefully that will keep his legs from continuously breaking.

Maybe I'm just a blind homer, but I don't see any way that this guy doesn't start out getting at least 60% of the carries and just move up from there. He's been practicing for 3 weeks now so it's not like he's out of shape. He's leaps and bounds more talented than Jacobs and Hillis.

Not that he's probably a factor at this point anyway, but it's very possible that that David Wilson will be put on IR next week. Maybe not week 10, but Brown may have the backfield to himself thereafter for the most part, with Hillis or Jacobs only spelling him.

Not that he's probably a factor at this point anyway, but it's very possible that that David Wilson will be put on IR next week. Maybe not week 10, but Brown may have the backfield to himself thereafter for the most part, with Hillis or Jacobs only spelling him.
I agree with this. IMHO, A. Brown is a solid RB2 play once he gets his sea-legs under him (I am leaving on the bench for week 10, when they may just get him 6-10 touches to get him back). After that, I expect him to see at least 15 touches per game.

fbelange said:
Im on board. Brown will be my starter as soon as he hits the field.

Dont be late for this bus, kids.
Hopefully I caught the early bus...picked him from waivers last week. Hoping for a Moreno-esque wire jackpot with this kid.

I agree with this. IMHO, A. Brown is a solid RB2 play once he gets his sea-legs under him (I am leaving on the bench for week 10, when they may just get him 6-10 touches to get him back). After that, I expect him to see at least 15 touches per game.
Yep Browm is the unquestioned rb to own by a very large margin IMO. If he's available grab him. FWIW I turned down Trich for him. This is a guy I do not want to have to play against in the coming weeks!

I picked him up back in week 6. Totally preemptive, but figured someone in my league would want to stash him. I don't really have room to start him yet...but I'd rather him sit on my bench than start for someone else!

The Seattle matchup in week 15 worries me though. Brown is going to be most useful to teams that have another reliable option.

Yep Browm is the unquestioned rb to own by a very large margin IMO. If he's available grab him. FWIW I turned down Trich for him. This is a guy I do not want to have to play against in the coming weeks!
What about Hillis and Jacobs and cox heck even Wilson could be in mix

I think its a good situation. The position has been a mess all season..... He's got a great chance to come in and give them a spark. Good guy to gamble on cheap could give you a decent flex option down the stretch

Rotoworld:

Andre Brown (leg) stayed at the Giants facility to rehab during the bye week.
Brown is doing everything he can do make sure he hits the ground running when he makes his season debut in Week 10. At this point in their respective careers, Brown is a far better talent than Brandon Jacobs or Peyton Hillis. "He's that multi-purpose back that can do a lot of things on first, second and third downs where the other two guys (Hillis and Jacobs) are big, strong, powerful, downhill guys," running backs coach Jerald Ingram said. Last year, Brown averaged 5.27 YPC and rushed for eight touchdowns in 10 games. He should be owned in most formats right now.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Andre Brown (leg) confirmed he'll make his 2013 debut in Week 10.
"The coaches just told me to be ready," Brown said after Monday's practice. "They threw me some special plays out there. They want to get me back in football shape. They want to kind of ease me into this thing. That’s what they plan on doing and we’ll go from there." Brown could easily out-touch Brandon Jacobs and Peyton Hillis against the Raiders, but the situation will be worth riding out for at least a week if you have designs on making Brown your FLEX option. He's going to emerge as the Giants' lead back, but it may not be in Week 10 after missing so much time. Nov 4 - 3:14 PM

So I guess the real question is: who exactly are you willing to start Brown over in week 10? He's going to play but there's always the chance they might ease him back in

I'm up in the air whether to play him or MJD. MJD is coming off a bye and his best week and playing TEN.

Does Brown get enough looks to out produce a #1 RB like MJD who has been average at best?

So I guess the real question is: who exactly are you willing to start Brown over in week 10? He's going to play but there's always the chance they might ease him back in

I'm up in the air whether to play him or MJD. MJD is coming off a bye and his best week and playing TEN.

Does Brown get enough looks to out produce a #1 RB like MJD who has been average at best?
I am in the same situation. I guess it depends on your matchup, however Brown would seem to have more upside and a lower floor if something goes wrong. With Brown playing OAK at home (vs MJD@TEN), I may just roll the dice. I respect TEn D and AB could easily explode..

Ryan Mathews against DEN so not that big of a leap. I hate having Mathews on my roster, yet I just can't stomach dropping him for waiver fodder - and I haven't been able to get anything for him in trade value

Playing him over Sproles in .5 PPR even if he can play.
Wow. Has Sproles fallen that far? I guess Thomas has outscored Sproles but just always perceive Sproles as a dependable beast.

Back to issue at hand.. I am starting Brown from the get go but I havent been able to fill RB3 all year. David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Montee Ball, Brandon Bolden at various points.

Playing him over Sproles in .5 PPR even if he can play.
Wow. Has Sproles fallen that far? I guess Thomas has outscored Sproles but just always perceive Sproles as a dependable beast.

Back to issue at hand.. I am starting Brown from the get go but I havent been able to fill RB3 all year. David Wilson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Montee Ball, Brandon Bolden at various points.
Yeah, he has. He's more of a feast or famine type guy this season, which has been disappointing. But more importantly, my decision was based more on being bullish on Andre Brown (assuming he stays healthy). In short, the Giants offensive line has been allowing Hillis and Jacobs to be fantasy relevant lately. That should tell you enough about What Brown Can Do For You.

In my .5PPR league this is weeks 6-8

6) Jacobs 23.9 points

7) Hillis 16.6 points

8) Hillis 10 points

Starting him over Bolden in a PPR, he's coming back just in time for Charles' bye.

Any production would be great, especially if he can stay healthy.

I'm thinking of starting him over L. Miller. The situation in Miami is getting ugly.
Yea, I also have Lamar Miller on that squad and I think he'll def be on my bench. He's coming off his best week as well but MIA is a: :tfp:

I'm leaning towards Brown over MJD and Miller at this point. But that is preliminary. Definitely going to wait for practice reports Wed and Thur before I make the final decision

He might be on my bench this week but as of now I am going with Mike James and barely CJ Spiller over him. My flex is up in the air right now between Brown, PT Cruiser and Nicks. If Sproles is out this week I gotta roll Pierre out there over Brown.

The only thing I am worried about is him getting a max of 10 carries then shutting it down, plus they have two battering rams in Hillis and Jacobs to vulture endzone carries.

Users who are viewing this thread