What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antwan Odom (1 Viewer)

The first was a coverage sack, the last four have been Odom manhandling Chad Clifton's backup (Colledge -- a guard playing tackle on an island) throughout the second half.

ETA: That's not to say that Odom isn't for real here. He looks powerful and gains confidence with every sack. I'm not convinced all of his lackluster 08 performance was related to nagging leg issues, but pass rushers thrive on confidence. When guys like Odom (and Ray Edwards) get off to hot starts, it can carry forward all season long. And with PIT and CLE on the schedule over the next two weeks, there's a very strong chance Odom could reach double digits in the first month of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odom was a beast today but the Packers offensive line made Ogun look like a beast last week as well.

The real message here...start your defensive ends when the play the Packers. :towelwave:

He looked good. He was available in both my leagues and got snatched up early in the waiver process.

Dumervil is closing in on him. 4 so far against Cleveland.

Impressive outing by Odom. The amazing thing to me is I have yet to hear one mention of his performance anywhere in the media, twitter, etc. When was the last time a guy had as "quiet" a 5 sack day as this? Guess that's a good thing if he's still available on your waiver wire.

The first was a coverage sack, the last four have been Odom manhandling Chad Clifton's backup (Colledge -- a guard playing tackle on an island) throughout the second half.ETA: That's not to say that Odom isn't for real here. He looks powerful and gains confidence with every sack. I'm not convinced all of his lackluster 08 performance was related to nagging leg issues, but pass rushers thrive on confidence. When guys like Odom (and Ray Edwards) get off to hot starts, it can carry forward all season long. And with PIT and CLE on the schedule over the next two weeks, there's a very strong chance Odom could reach double digits in the first month of the season.
Will Odom be lining up on Thomas' side? or St Clair's? If it's the former I wouldn't be so excited. If it's the latter he may break records.

He's available in my primary dynasty league, and it looks like I may need a backup with Avril already out and Tuck's situation unresolved. It costs us something to pick up players because of our salary cap/penalty...

But this is two solid games for Odom. Do you see him being a solid DL2?

The first was a coverage sack, the last four have been Odom manhandling Chad Clifton's backup (Colledge -- a guard playing tackle on an island) throughout the second half.ETA: That's not to say that Odom isn't for real here. He looks powerful and gains confidence with every sack. I'm not convinced all of his lackluster 08 performance was related to nagging leg issues, but pass rushers thrive on confidence. When guys like Odom (and Ray Edwards) get off to hot starts, it can carry forward all season long. And with PIT and CLE on the schedule over the next two weeks, there's a very strong chance Odom could reach double digits in the first month of the season.
Will Odom be lining up on Thomas' side? or St Clair's? If it's the former I wouldn't be so excited. If it's the latter he may break records.
The Bengals will move him around in the nickel, but yes he'll be on the right side facing Thomas most often in two weeks.

Ridiculous. When I saw that line I thought it was a misprint!
me, too...i kept staring at the boxscore dumbfounded, looking for the missing decimal to make it a .5 :shrug: ...the 2 sacks in game one did get my attention...tried to get him in a few league & was successful & started him in one...

Impressive outing by Odom. The amazing thing to me is I have yet to hear one mention of his performance anywhere in the media, twitter, etc. When was the last time a guy had as "quiet" a 5 sack day as this? Guess that's a good thing if he's still available on your waiver wire.
deion put him in top 10 prime time wrap up at the end of the NFL channel game day final last night (maybe ray lewis, too, as only defensive player)... he was one of three defensive players of the week in king's MMQB (with lewis & the eminently deserving darrelle revis)...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's available in my primary dynasty league, and it looks like I may need a backup with Avril already out and Tuck's situation unresolved. It costs us something to pick up players because of our salary cap/penalty...But this is two solid games for Odom. Do you see him being a solid DL2?
if he keeps this up (obviously he will probably never have another 5 sack game for the rest of his career), he is a potential DL1, and a GREAT DL2...

Calvin Pace is available in my league but I don't have an extra bench slot to spare. Any reason I should drop Odom for Pace? He didn't disappoint last week with 5 tackles and a sack.

Users who are viewing this thread