What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else get points for D/ST return yards? (1 Viewer)

FFdork

Footballguy
OK. Here's the scoring:

Sack (1)

Interception (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Return Yards (5 yards per point)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Don't get me started on how dumb I think the bolded rule is above. I argued against it. I was ignored. It's not going anywhere. I just waited until the end to take a D because as near as I could tell, there should be a lot of usable defenses.

But none of that is what I'm asking about. In short:

1. Does anyone play in a league with such a ridiculous return yards rule for D/ST? How does this tend to play out in terms of D/ST value and the point differential between the best D and the worst?

2. Am I crazy for thinking of picking up a team like Miami that kind of sucks but has a great return guy in Ginn Jr.? Even average kickoff returns will give you 4 points a pop, and if Miami isn't very good there could be a lot of kick returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's crazy at all. I ran away with a league in '99 that was similar, using Cincy's D/ST. The defense was terrible, but they had a Pro Bowl kick returner--a combo that scored tons of points week in and week out.

In fairness, I should point out I had Warner and Faulk, too. They helped. :fishing:

I play in a league where we get points for punt and kick return yards, although not as many as your league. Still, it does even out the playing field so that defenses are virtually worthless. Bad defenses rack up enough points returning kicks all day that they are almost as valuable as good defenses.

I play in a league where we get points for punt and kick return yards, although not as many as your league. Still, it does even out the playing field so that defenses are virtually worthless. Bad defenses rack up enough points returning kicks all day that they are almost as valuable as good defenses.
This was kind of what I assumed, but I have other, bigger drafts so I haven't have time to run the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread