What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

You look at a guy like Steve Smith-- not even expected to play, ribs cracked, playing on a non-playoff team, in the last year of his career, and all he does is suit up and go out there to gain over 100 yards and score a TD.

And then you see a guy like Lacy--getting paid millions of dollars, playing with one of the best QBs in league history, playing on a Super Bowl caliber team, and he can't find away to lay off donuts and fast food. Difficult to have a lot of sympathy for him.

Between this thread and the "is Tony Romo gay/ meaty chicks" thread, the shark pool is firing on all cylinders today. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a sore ankle because he is a fat slob who doesn't know what it takes to be a professional. Any excess weight has ripple effects on the rest of the body. In addition, he has no vision. I see this guy as dead weight and will be permanently on my do not draft list. What a POS loser.
Hardcore

Not to be crying over poor fortune due to my 1st rd pick, but this reeks of misreporting injury, which teams have been in trouble for. NFL needs to inquire here, because it just doesn't make any sense.
not to worry... it was just mccarthy's sneaky plan to get SD to prepare all week for eddie to plod into the line over and over. then he breaks out starks, who actually looks like a nfl RB.

i'm not invested, but as a CJ Anderson first round turd owner, i feel for those of you in here. i do like fatboy's chances to do something over CJA Fwiw.

Eddie Lacy does look A LOT fatter than usual this season. At least in years passed he was still nimble. This guy is ballooning out of control. And I was one of his biggest supporters.

Any Packers homers here? Has Lacy not been having full practices? Maybe this is a message by Mccarthy to Lacy that if you are only going to practice half time then you play less and we go with Starks. I am just trying to wonder why the usage was the way it was.

Any Packers homers here? Has Lacy not been having full practices? Maybe this is a message by Mccarthy to Lacy that if you are only going to practice half time then you play less and we go with Starks. I am just trying to wonder why the usage was the way it was.
I followed up with Jason Wilde but we will see. I would suspect Lacy is hampered in someway and possibly it was Saturday or today so it was not required for them to disclose the injury since he was 100% a go for the game?

Just a suspicion because even if Lacy was being given a message I think he see more action than he saw today. Only thing that makes sense is the Pack wanting to take it easy on Lacy and Starks coming out hot from the gate.

We shall see this week and the first injury report will be interesting.

I followed up with Jason Wilde but we will see. I would suspect Lacy is hampered in someway and possibly it was Saturday or today so it was not required for them to disclose the injury since he was 100% a go for the game?

Just a suspicion because even if Lacy was being given a message I think he see more action than he saw today. Only thing that makes sense is the Pack wanting to take it easy on Lacy and Starks coming out hot from the gate.

Bye week this week.

Lacy owners- he must have been hurt on Saturday night(slipped in line at KFC) or Sunday morning(tripped on the curb at Dukin Donuts), I don't get it.

Everyone else- it's no wonder why this huge fat ### isn't getting snaps

I think Lacy is a perfect buy low candidate in my mind.

Great Team, Good Line, Game plan that wants to run 45-50% of the time, and Starks who has burst but I don't feel the Packers want to use him all up before the playoffs.

Even if Lacy has regressed I think on a normal week he at least splits the carries with Starks.

I think limited carries along with injury concerns right before a long bye week allows you extra time to wear down the Lacy owner. If the Lacy owner is in a situation of being on the cusp of the playoffs they might not want to wait out 2 weeks without Lacy just to see if he rebounds (if they bench him in 2 weeks against Denver).

Bye week this week.
Oh they don't have to report do they?

I think Lacy is a perfect buy low candidate in my mind.

Great Team, Good Line, Game plan that wants to run 45-50% of the time, and Starks who has burst but I don't feel the Packers want to use him all up before the playoffs.

Even if Lacy has regressed I think on a normal week he at least splits the carries with Starks.

I think limited carries along with injury concerns right before a long bye week allows you extra time to wear down the Lacy owner. If the Lacy owner is in a situation of being on the cusp of the playoffs they might not want to wait out 2 weeks without Lacy just to see if he rebounds (if they bench him in 2 weeks against Denver).
The Packers don't want to use Starks up before the playoffs?

I could be wrong but I don't see a long career for Lacy. He's fat and looks slow footed to me. He will clearly be fantasy relevant as long as he's the starter and Rodgers is there but he is nothing special to me. IMO James Starks flashes more than Lacy.

Fantasy stats are awesome and he's winning people games, but he's not a guy I will buy in dynasty.
He looks like an extremely dynamic player. He does it all. What in the heck are you are even talking about??
I guess he thinks Lacy's success is dependent on Rodgers being the QB, but Lacy had a great rookie season last year, and Rodgers missed half of it with a broken collarbone.
How dare I have a different opinion of a player you all are clearly infatuated with. It's ok guys. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean you can't.Carry on.
You can have an opinion. Just try to back it up with something other than your feelings. The guy has been running possessed since like week 5. And as noted before, he isn't dependent on Rodgers. he won OROY last season with rodgers out most the season
Predictions are often nothing more than "feelings" or what someone sees when they watch a player. They aren't always predicated on hard facts. And that's why they are predictions because they don't always come true. I already stated the way I feel about Lacy and what I foresee as his long term relevance cannot be proven out by saying "look at this" or "here are some stats to look at to prove my point". It's not that difficult to understand.

ETA: You (and others) clearly disagree with me and just want to argue things I have no interest in debating. It's my opinion and could very well be completely wrong about. Let's leave it at that and move on.
Nailed it.

Didn't expect Lacy to fall off like this but he's lost whatever explosion/quickness he had last year. Injury? Got fatter? Anyone know?

Once again Starks looks better.

Eddie Lacy does look A LOT fatter than usual this season. At least in years passed he was still nimble. This guy is ballooning out of control. And I was one of his biggest supporters.
The only thing that's giving him support now is his XXL Manzire....(or as Kramer wanted to call it...The Bro).

Thank god I have Starks in the one league I own Lacy.

I am not starting Lacy again till I see the guy I saw the last 2 seasons again. He simply is not the same player this year.

Something is very off. And his weight does look out of control. But who the heck knows what's going on. Bottom line is......he is a bust this season. Can't deny that anymore.

If you have Lacy and Starks (common) you're/we're now possibly killing two roster spots. Starks had a nice game but I don't know about starting him either.

If you have Lacy and Starks (common) you're/we're now possibly killing two roster spots. Starks had a nice game but I don't know about starting him either.
22 man roster in a ppr dynasty.

I am holding both. Not much else out there.

It sucks. I traded for Lacy and enjoyed his season last year. This is painful. I picked up Starks this year as insurance. If this continues....Starks is the guy and becomes a very attractive start in this offense.

Remains to be seen if Lacy is just going through a rough stretch, is out of shape or is in the doghouse. We will know after the bye week. Plenty will come out of Packers camp here in the next 10 days and we can get some insight into what the real story is.

Eddie Lacy is the devil. A fat devil at that.

Yes, I took him with my #4 overall pick and no I'm not willing to trade him to some jerk in my league looking to fleece me for Theo Riddick straight up offer.

It sucks. I traded for Lacy and enjoyed his season last year. This is painful. I picked up Starks this year as insurance. If this continues....Starks is the guy and becomes a very attractive start in this offense.
I would be really surprised to see Starks take the job full time.

He'll probably get just enough work to screw you over as a fantasy owner, which has been his career in a nutshell.

Its gotten so bad I had to go back to preseason article and remind myself that he was a can't miss first rounder. He was available to me at 1.6 and it was a no brainer pick.

From Roto's preseason article "Who should be the #1 overall pick?"

[SIZE=small]Eddie Lacy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]ADP: 2.3[/SIZE]

Case For: Rolling into his prime, Lacy is a 25-year-old bowling ball who has scored 24 touchdowns in 31 NFL games. Playing for the league’s highest-powered offense, he was the RB7 as a rookie and RB6 as a sophomore. Appearing in all 16 games, Lacy averaged 4.63 yards per carry in 2014, and 5.04 over the season’s final eight games. He also came into his own as a receiver, catching 42 passes for 427 yards and four scores. The only RBs to average more yards per catch than Lacy’s 10.2 were Roy Helu and Le’Veon Bell. Lacy is a versatile, complete back, one who operates from Aaron Rodgers’ jumpseat.

Case Against: Lacy is a violent runner, one who has suffered two concussions. Most running backs can reasonably be labeled as “injury risks,” of course, but it rings particularly true in Lacy’s case. You could also argue Lacy is more of a “floor” than “ceiling” back. Although a huge part of the Packers’ offense, he isn’t the foundation in the way that Charles and Lynch are.

My Take: There isn’t a safer bet at No. 1 overall. Lacy is a versatile, consistent back, one who despite an “injury-prone” reputation has missed only one game in two NFL seasons. He is the goal-line back for the league’s best offense, and now a proven threat on dump-offs and screens. There are two other players I’m seriously considering at No. 1 — more on that later — but Lacy is in the right place at the right time to be fantasy’s top producer.

I am being completely sincere here when I say this. Those khaki pants don't flatter anyone. Don't believe me, take a stroll down any office cubicle row. They make anybody who is not a stick look like a Kardashian.

Rogers (the TE) looked like he was running on T-Rex legs.

It seems pretty straight-forward to me. He is heavier (not as heavy as what is being joked about in here) and he's had the ankle issue and that's preventing him from working out as he needs to. He might be a Charles Barkley type where the weight piles on quickly when he can't be a full go. Long term, I don't think it's an issue. Short-term, though, I think we might be lucky to get 4-5 good FF weeks from him this year.

Packers should be fined for not listing him on the injury report. That was BS. The injury report is put out for us gamblers. We were duped. It was obvious right away the ankle still isn't right.

Didn't they mention on the air a few weeks back that Aarons Rodgers said he was at 270? I may have missed some context, but that doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility.

sho nuff said:
drfeelgood said:
Todem said:
Remains to be seen if Lacy is just going through a rough stretch, is out of shape or is in the doghouse.
or he could be limited by an injury.As far as his weight is concerned, I don't think he looks much heavier than last year.
Bingo...I don't know think the ankle is right at all.
God I hope that is it and the bye week gives him time to bounce back. This guy was a wrecking ball the last two seasons. I still believe he can have a huge second half of the season.

My favorite part from the game yesterday, really the best, was when they finally let Eddy back in the game.... and he fatfumbled. That was great.

Users who are viewing this thread