What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone traded for S. Jackson lately? (1 Viewer)

koreansteve

Footballguy
Curious to see what you guys gave up to get S. Jackson. Figured some people must be licking their chops at his playoff schedule and taking the risk.

Any news on the injury (saw he did participate in practice today but was limited)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to see a lot from him first. Especially after his practicing a couple of weeks ago and telling everyone he was good to go all week until he starts, they call a play for him and he says, "whoa, you mean you actually expect me to run with the ball?" That type of 0 stays in your mind a long time.....

"Jackson (thigh) was limited in Wednesday's practice, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. He split first-team reps with Antonio Pittman.

Spin: Coach Jim Haslett said Jackson must complete a full practice before he is cleared to play Sunday against the 49ers. Wednesday's practice was a good start, and right now we'd list Jackson on the better side of questionable."

(rotoworld)

That seems encouraging. It seems if your team can afford to not count on him for a few weeks, he might be worth grabbing for ARI, SEA, SF, ATL in weeks 14-17.

I traded Sjax and Kevin Curtis for Andre Johnson.

This was last week and I needed a win to help my playoff chances. With Sjax out last week and possibly this week I had to make the trade. By the way that made my WR corp of A. Johnson, Boldin and Colston. I still have Bush/Mcallister, CJ3 and Melwede Moore.

Only time will tell if that was a bad trade.

I traded Sjax and Kevin Curtis for Andre Johnson. This was last week and I needed a win to help my playoff chances. With Sjax out last week and possibly this week I had to make the trade. By the way that made my WR corp of A. Johnson, Boldin and Colston. I still have Bush/Mcallister, CJ3 and Melwede Moore. Only time will tell if that was a bad trade.
No way I'd trade SJax. He help lead me to a title last year.You may be stacked at WR but my whole team is stacked in general. gg life imo =)

I gave Lynch for him. I face the worst team in the league this week and think I can win without SJax if need be. I'm taking the gamble that SJax may have some big games in the future while Lynch will be solid at best.

I just traded him away--hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...The deal was Cutler/SJax for McNabb/LT. :thumbup:

Traded Thigpen/SJAX for Barber in a starting 2 QB, dynasty, .5 ppr for rbs 1 ppr for wrs 10 man league.

Both the same age, Barber is on a much better team and offense, and SJAX is just a mess right now. Between the injuries and the rams, I had enough. Felix is a good rbbc guy, but Barber will still get all the TDs, so I dont see much to be concerned about.

(and FBG ranks him the #2 RB in dynasty atm)

I traded Larry Fitzgerald for him earlier in the season as I was really in need of a good RB as my No.1 at that point was Earnest Graham. With Tom Brady as my No.1 draft pick I was really struggling in a first year Dynasty league. I am in no way regretting that decision even though LF is a star this year

I'll probably be moving SJax, Vincent Jackson and a 3rd round pick for Steve Smith, James Stewart and a 2nd round pick today.

I gave SJax and Antonio Bryant for Addai and Justin Gage this week.

I have to win this week and 2 of the next 3 to have a shot at the playoffs.

The guy I traded with is in a much better position to make the playoffs, so he's planning for week15-16 and thus can handle SJax being out another week or 2.

If SJax plays this week and does well I'll be pissed.

Granted this was four weeks ago but I traded TO, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams for FWP, SJax and Lav Coles

I traded away Sjax last week for Trent Edwards. Had to with Schuab going down and J Russel as my backup. No other starting QB's on waiver list. So I was desperate just to get a starting QB.

2 Weeks ago traded Deuce and Plax for SJax (already had Wayne, Marshall & Bowe at WR). Won last week without him, but need one more win in the next 2 weeks to make the playoffs. Hoping he gets going this week, but ONLY if he can actually play. Zero would be a disaster.

damn as an owner most of these trades seem to look like he went cheap or is going cheap, or alot cheaper than I would move him for.

I traded Michael Turner and a 2009 2nd round pick and got SJAX, Antonio Pittman and Brian Leonard (Zealots dynasty league). This trade was made the Saturday before he ran all over Dallas to the tune of 160/3. Of course since then he's done nothing. That said, SJAX is a bonafide stud and still only 25, so I believe it will work out.

damn as an owner most of these trades seem to look like he went cheap or is going cheap, or alot cheaper than I would move him for.
True and I was happy with my trade to get him, but this time of year if a team is on the playoff bubble he is a risk to hold onto, so you can grab him on the cheap. I would think the same would have been true for Bush or Romo.

I actually traded for him in 2 leagues, in one I traded away Marion barber for him and Vincent Jackson only because I'm not doing very good in that league anyway so I thought I'd take a risk with SJax upcoming schedule vs. Barbers and ad a decent WR3 that I have been lacking. In another I traded away Lynch and DeSean Jackson, being that I already have Wayne, Steve Smith, and Calvin Johnson I probably wouldn't ever start DeSean anyway, picked up Pittman in both leagues as well.

As a Sjax owner, i would be happy to get anything of starting level talent for him.
This would be called selling lowOh, I traded for him a couple weeks ago too(right before the DAL game)L White/R Moss for SJax/B EdwardsI've since moved Edwards/Farve/Royal for Cutler/Welker/J Morgan.

In a redraft I gave up Jacobs (and NYG backups) and Bulger for Jackson (and Stl. backups), Kevin Smith, and Delhomme.

I had no number 3 RB (Jacobs was my #2), or #2 QB (other than Bulger) and have already clinched a playoff spot. Jacobs schedule is brutal and Jackson's is a cakewalk. If Jackson comes back healthy and pans out in the playoffs I will be a genius, otherwise I am an idiot.

:diceroll:

In a redraft I gave up Jacobs (and NYG backups) and Bulger for Jackson (and Stl. backups), Kevin Smith, and Delhomme.

I had no number 3 RB (Jacobs was my #2), or #2 QB (other than Bulger) and have already clinched a playoff spot. Jacobs schedule is brutal and Jackson's is a cakewalk. If Jackson comes back healthy and pans out in the playoffs I will be a genius, otherwise I am an idiot.

:diceroll:
Smith will get a nice look the coming weeks for the Lions to evaluate him for next season and he could be a real nice surprise for you. Great trade!

In my big money league, I am 8-2 and am planning for the playoffs, So Jackson would be a great addition if healthy in week 14. I already have LT, Turner, Grant and BenJarvus Green-Ellis. The other owner has a decent team, but a lot of injuries and can make the playoffs with a win. He needs healthy players now. So I traded Green-Ellis and Vincent Jackson for Steven Jackson. I definitely think it is worth the risk in my case.

In my big money league, I am 8-2 and am planning for the playoffs, So Jackson would be a great addition if healthy in week 14. I already have LT, Turner, Grant and BenJarvus Green-Ellis. The other owner has a decent team, but a lot of injuries and can make the playoffs with a win. He needs healthy players now. So I traded Green-Ellis and Vincent Jackson for Steven Jackson. I definitely think it is worth the risk in my case.
You would get 5 stars in GTA IV if you committed this theft there

Granted this was four weeks ago but I traded TO, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams for FWP, SJax and Lav Coles
I think you made out really well in that deal.
I havent been able to see it come to fruition yet with the new injuries to both FWP and SJAX. Hopefully they both hit the field at the same time here shortly.On a side note, to fill the vacancy of TO I traded Slaton and Sant Holmes for Roddy and RGrant. That one makes me smile.Same with getting K2 for Cotchery.

SJAX has just been a huge bust the last 2 years. When you consider he's been a top 3 pick both years. And 3 years ago, the first 9 games of the year he wasn't even a top 20 RB. He's been living off 7 amazing weeks in 2005. I still consider him a top 5 RB, only because he's so young. But produce wise, he's been brutal the last 2 years. Constant injuries, the Rams BLOW, catches coming and going then coming. Jeff has him ranked 12th among dynasty RBs. He finished RB14 last year, and probably RB13-14 this year. That sucks for a top 3 overall pick. Will the Rams let him be a beast? Will his body let him? I'm not sure. He has the talent, but two crappy years wear on people. I was quite happy to get him off my team for equal value.

Just offered Slaton for SJax straight up. My other backs are LT and R.Brown. Be nice to stash SJax for the playoffs if he comes back.

i gave up s. holmes and addai/rhodes for him. i am undefeated and can withstand this crap he is putting fantasy owners through right now. I need a guy that is capable of putting up a lot of points in the playoffs. addai and rhodes werent gonna give me the title. and holmes didnt have a spot as a starter anyway..

SJAX has just been a huge bust the last 2 years. When you consider he's been a top 3 pick both years. And 3 years ago, the first 9 games of the year he wasn't even a top 20 RB. He's been living off 7 amazing weeks in 2005. I still consider him a top 5 RB, only because he's so young. But produce wise, he's been brutal the last 2 years. Constant injuries, the Rams BLOW, catches coming and going then coming. Jeff has him ranked 12th among dynasty RBs. He finished RB14 last year, and probably RB13-14 this year. That sucks for a top 3 overall pick. Will the Rams let him be a beast? Will his body let him? I'm not sure. He has the talent, but two crappy years wear on people. I was quite happy to get him off my team for equal value.
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :goodposting:

I traded him away for T Jones, Steve Smith and a 1st round pick in one league(week 1). In another for Greg Jennings and a 2nd and 3rd.

I gave up Jacobs this past saturday night. If I had jacobs after his big game last week, I would have held out for someone with less uncertainity.

mozzy84 said:
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :popcorn:
Week 14 91 yards 0 tdsWeek 15 143 yards 1 tdWeek 16 85 yards 0 tdsWeek 17 55 yards 0 tds When exactly did he win it for you? It's not like he was tearing it up. He was probably RB15ish during that stretch. He was actually pretty average.And did you have LT also? Because LT was carrying people.Week 14 146 yards 1 td Week 15 116 yards 2 tds Week 16 107 yards 1 td Week 17 56 yards 0 tdsSorry, SJAX wasn't carrying anyone last year. He was merely putting up solid numbers, perhaps a little less then he should have for the 3rd RB taken overall. People tend to get a little emotional, when a guy "carries" them. SJAX hasn't been a monster since 2006.

mozzy84 said:
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :hot:
Week 14 91 yards 0 tdsWeek 15 143 yards 1 tdWeek 16 85 yards 0 tdsWeek 17 55 yards 0 tds When exactly did he win it for you? It's not like he was tearing it up. He was probably RB15ish during that stretch. He was actually pretty average.And did you have LT also? Because LT was carrying people.Week 14 146 yards 1 td Week 15 116 yards 2 tds Week 16 107 yards 1 td Week 17 56 yards 0 tdsSorry, SJAX wasn't carrying anyone last year. He was merely putting up solid numbers, perhaps a little less then he should have for the 3rd RB taken overall. People tend to get a little emotional, when a guy "carries" them. SJAX hasn't been a monster since 2006.
I still wouldn't call it carrying a team, but you might want to include his receiving yards and touchdown when you bust on someone, just a thought. ;)

mozzy84 said:
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :goodposting:
I still wouldn't call it carrying a team, but you might want to include his receiving yards and touchdown when you bust on someone, just a thought. :whistle:
Who's LT or SJAX?SJAX had 1 receiving TD. Did that win him the championship? Come on. SJAX was hardly a monster down the stretch last year.SJAX had 26 yards, 27 yards, 21 yards, 1 yard during those 4 games. I see now, clearly an automatic championship. :shrug: :shrug:

mozzy84 said:
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :thumbup:
I still wouldn't call it carrying a team, but you might want to include his receiving yards and touchdown when you bust on someone, just a thought. :shrug:
Who's LT or SJAX?SJAX had 1 receiving TD. Did that win him the championship? Come on. SJAX was hardly a monster down the stretch last year.SJAX had 26 yards, 27 yards, 21 yards, 1 yard during those 4 games. I see now, clearly an automatic championship. :shrug: :shrug:
I believe my first statement was in agreement with you, but I guess you chose to ignore that just as you did Jackson's complete stats. You can choose to be as obtuse as you want to, but if you want your points to be taken seriously you might want to use accurate data. It was just a suggestion, please continue and don't let those pesky facts stand in your way.

mozzy84 said:
he pretty much won me a championship last year though, hoping for the same finish this year :shock:
In 2007 from week 10 to week 16 SJax had 119 pts for a weekly avg of 17 pts.Guess where that ranked him? 3rd. Behind LT and Westbrook.I'm referring to standard 1pt/10yds, 6pts/TD scoring. Week 17 doesn't matter.So yeah, he certainly could have helped carry some teams to the championship. I would guess those teams traded for SJax around week7-week10 instead of drafting him.

Users who are viewing this thread