What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone trading FOR Terrell Owens now? (1 Viewer)

Harry Beanbag

Sausage King of Chicago
Being in the Shark Pool we all know the suicide rumors are false and T.O. is on the road to recovery. Whether he plays this weekend vs. the Titans or not, you know he is geared up for Philly in two weeks. The question is:

With his hand injury, accidental O.D. and general nuttyness, is T.O. considered a buy low candidate that can pay off later? If the answer is yes, what kind of value would you offer to get him in a trade?

Those that drafted him and those that have him on their roster need to treat him as if you were married to a stripper. You know there is going to be some drama built into the relationship but when it goes well, it is a nice ride.

I am just curious to see if anyone is trying to grab him from an owner who is kicking himself for buying into T.O. once again only to get burned by his off the field antics.

Being in the Shark Pool we all know the suicide rumors are false and T.O. is on the road to recovery. Whether he plays this weekend vs. the Titans or not, you know he is geared up for Philly in two weeks. The question is:

With his hand injury, accidental O.D. and general nuttyness, is T.O. considered a buy low candidate that can pay off later? If the answer is yes, what kind of value would you offer to get him in a trade?

Those that drafted him and those that have him on their roster need to treat him as if you were married to a stripper. You know there is going to be some drama built into the relationship but when it goes well, it is a nice ride.

I am just curious to see if anyone is trying to grab him from an owner who is kicking himself for buying into T.O. once again only to get burned by his off the field antics.
First off :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at.......Those that drafted him and those that have him on their roster need to treat him as if you were married to a stripper. You know there is going to be some drama built into the relationship but when it goes well, it is a nice ride.

:goodposting: For the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure most owners are willing to sell him on the cheap. If he has a relative down week this Sunday then owners might be more open to moving him.

I traded for him about an hour before his news conference but was smashed in the thread for being insensitive.

I said whats insensitive is those guys assuming things about his "attempted suicide".

I just traded DeShaun Foster for him...I think he will bounce back.
When did he bounce down?
When he broke his finger and had a down week. At least that is the perception I have seen of him.
It's called a BYE.
Did he play well when he broke his finger. I think he is fine, thats why I traded for him, but my perception was that people in my league had a down image of his play what is wrong with that?

Beforelast weeks games I was offered

Owens

T Bell

for

Parker

Wayne

I turned it down.

I figure Wayne will outscore Owens, not to mention Owens for some reason or another seems to do horrible in the final few games of the season (playoff time for us)

That left me Parker for TBel

I have MBell, just couldn't do it, Parker at least is the starter, and I had alot of questions at RB

Last week before all this mess started I did the following trade for TO

Coles and Jordan for TO and T.Jones

He may not play this week but he will be fine.

When the news this I got a Horn + Booker offer for him (shallow league). Turned it down. VERY high on TO this year.

I am currently trying to trade for him. The deal on the table (keep 5 league) is Joseph Addai, Chad Johnson and my 8th round pick next year for Terrell Owens, Houshmanzadeh, Michael Turner ( I have LT) and his 10th next year.

In a dynasty league, I just traded away Owens.

I gave:

Terrell Owens

Michael Turner

1st round rookie pick in 2007

I received:

Anquan Boldin

Willie Parker

comfortably numb said:
AnonymousBob said:
comfortably numb said:
Owens for some reason or another seems to do horrible in the final few games of the season (playoff time for us)
Excellent point. His groin always sems to act up at the end of the year when we need him most.
Yea I remember someone posted not sure if it was last year or the year before about not suprising that Owens left us at the alter.
2000-2004, Owens has been money in weeks 14 and 15. And in week 16, most superbowl weeks, well, he had 1 monster game, another good game, a lousy game, and 1 DNP.Week 14's. 35 catches, 512 yds, 5 TDs.

Average week 14 game - 7 catches, 102 yds, 1 TD

Week 15's. 32 catches, 441 yds, 4 TDs.

Average week 15 game - 6.4 catches, 88 yds, .8 TDs.

Week 16's. 27 catches, 396 yds, 1 TD.

Average wwek 16 game (only 3 years played) - 9 catches, 132 yds, .33 TDs.

Last year he was obviously out for an extended time. 2002, he didnt play the last 2 games. Same with 2004. Haven't looked up why.

One more thing. In 2000, in week 16 (oh man, imagine having him then, and being in your superbowl), he put up this line.

20 RECEPTIONS - 283 YDS - 1 TD

One more thing. In 2000, in week 16 (oh man, imagine having him then, and being in your superbowl), he put up this line.

:hot: You had to bring that up! :wall: I remember watching that game against da bears...He cost me the championship that year by 1 point!

Bankerguy said:
Harry Beanbag said:

First off :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at.......Those that drafted him and those that have him on their roster need to treat him as if you were married to a stripper. You know there is going to be some drama built into the relationship but when it goes well, it is a nice ride.

:goodposting: For the rest.
Pretty sure this statement is "borrowed" from ESPN radio, either the Herd show or Jim Rome's show. No originality here.

I'm trying to trade for him in a keep 5 league. The owner posted on our message board that he was sick of TO, especially after he traded Wayne for TO straight up in the off-season.

I initiated discussions with a Foster for TO deal. He wanted Boldin straight up for TO. No thanks.

I've since countered with any combo of Antonio Bryant, Foster, Rhodes and Muhammad for him. Or a pick next year or a combo of one of those guys and a pick. I don't think he'll take it.

Apparently he's not as sick of TO as he sounded a couple days ago.

10 team re-draft standard scoring + yds, traded TO, Rhodes, and M. Jones for S. Moss, R. Moss, L. Evans.

TO burned me last year...at least Randy SHOULD be able to stay out of the psycho ward...

I am currently trying to trade for him. The deal on the table (keep 5 league) is Joseph Addai, Chad Johnson and my 8th round pick next year for Terrell Owens, Houshmanzadeh, Michael Turner ( I have LT) and his 10th next year.
He countered this offer with him getting my 7th and me not getting a pick in return. I countered again a couple of minutes ago with him getting my 8th.

I had TO in the 2000 fantasy superbowl and it was against the guy that traded him to me earlier in the season. He still talks about it to this day.I've been trying to deal TO in a dynasty league since the end of last season as I'm currently in rebuilding mode. I was close to getting Matt Jones and a 1st round pick next year for him during camp, but then all the hammy drama heated up and the deal died on the vine. Since he's been on suicide watch I've gotten several inquiries. I think that most owners right now see this as an opportunity to buy cheep. My situation dictates that I'm in sell mode, but not at the current price. For now I'm going to hold and wait for his value to rise. I would also not discount the value of all the TO hype. Even though most is negative the one disclaimer you always hear is what a great player he is. After he puts up huge numbers against Philly in two weeks, every sports "talking head" in the country will be buzzing about him. That's when I plan to sell.

I traded H.Ward and Dallas Clark for TO and Klop (te) in one dynasty and looking to get him in others. Imma roll with the gamble that he puts up massive numbers not ok numbers....its a gamble though. Im playing to win now so thats the reason for my moves.

I am tempted to offer a one for one trade TO for S. Moss. I have S.Moss Antonio Bryant, Jennings M. Harrison, and Gabriel as WR's. I can start at most 3WR 1 being the flex position. Moss will be on bench this week the same is true for the other guy that has Owens. My squad is stacked at RB and WR but I am trying to improve my team to get a slight advantage because every point counts in a total points league where I am in 4th. The other guy has Galloway, D. Jackson, Ike Bruce and TO as he WRs. This is a 12 team league.

I have an offer on the table where I give up Coles to get Owens. The Owens owner has been receptive to the trade, and I'm really hoping it goes through. I have five WRs who I feel are capable of finishing in the 10-20 range (Coles, DJax, Evans, Moss, Moss), but I don't have anyone (outside of DJax) who I feel is capable of finishing top-5. If Owens becomes a complete bust this season (which I don't think is likely), I have enough depth that I'm pretty well insulated.

I acquired him this week. 14 team league, PPR, start 3 WR and you can use a second QB as a flex.

I gave: Reggie Wayne, Mark Brunell

I got: TO, Pennington

Rationale: I think that regardless of what happened with TO, he will play the rest of the year (this week obviously being up in the air). Based on that, I rank him about even with Wayne. However, TO already passed his bye and I was getting crunched week 6 (own Driver, Favre, Wiggins, Watson, etc). Replaced my #3 QB (Brunell) with a potential top 10-12 guy in Pennington, so it worked for me.

For comparison's sake, last week (before this all came out) the same guy wanted Brunell and Favre (along with Wayne) to make the deal happen. So apparently in his mind the drop in TO's value equated to his expectations for Favre's production. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread