What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ASG thread (1 Viewer)

Premier

Footballguy
HR derby awful as always, but I seemingly have to tune in for 20 minutes.

Stadium looks great. Wish the Royals could get competitive.

It took me a full 10 minutes of semi-watching this to realize Beltran no longer played on the Mets. I don't think I follow baseball as closely as I used to.

Interleague play completely killed the AS game. The wildcard killed the rest of the sport.

It's like the first time the guys have ever seen a home run every time someone hits one. Do they have to fake laugh every time?

well only 4 taters for McCutchen so doubt he is advancing to the next round.

Oh well at least I don't have to listen to Berman anymore :thumbup:

They really booed the whole time for Cano. What a bunch of pathetic losers in that stadium. Guys were hitting bombs for the first 7 hitters and it sounded like a funeral home. I think halfway through the first rd they had to play music while guys were hitting just to put some noise into the stadium. Just pathetic.

HR Derby is for the kids, right? I watched it with my 9 year old son. He loved it. I dozed off. Just like the Pro Bowl.

Berman annoyed me much less than he usually does at this thing. Someone must have told him to ease up on the "back backbackback" shtick.

The Cano at bat was entertaining.

They really booed the whole time for Cano. What a bunch of pathetic losers in that stadium. Guys were hitting bombs for the first 7 hitters and it sounded like a funeral home. I think halfway through the first rd they had to play music while guys were hitting just to put some noise into the stadium. Just pathetic.
The Yankees get a billion dollar teevee deal and use the Royals like their farm system. The whole system is rigged. If the Royals could pick up and go compete in NY I would be totally fine. But they can't because the Yankees and Mets are protected by baseball. The Yankees are the very definition of everything thats gone wrong with baseball. They start on third base every year and think they hit a triple. So if you were a Royals fan for the last 25 years and got to compete with a quarter of the resources and got your head beat in routinely how would you feel. Cano can suck it and the Yankess can double suck it. However if I was his dad pitching and those two players came out to the mound I would have drilled them right between the eyes.

Wish the Royals could get competitive. It took me a full 10 minutes of semi-watching this to realize Beltran no longer played on the Mets. I don't think I follow baseball as closely as I used to.
Beltran would look good back in a Royals uniform but its the way baseball wants it. David Cone, Zach Grineke, Jermaine Dye, Beltran, Johnny Damon, Mike Sweeney etc etc. It disgusts me. How do you fal in love with a player in KC? You knows he's going to sporting a Yankess or Boston Jersey in a year or two. Plus with the small market franchises you make one mistake and you're set back for years. The yankees fizzle on a free agent and its reload. I can;t see how Yankees fans take any joy in winning at all. Its like a high school kid beating up a fifth grader and acting like he did something. Level the playing field. Baseball is the devil.

Wish the Royals could get competitive. It took me a full 10 minutes of semi-watching this to realize Beltran no longer played on the Mets. I don't think I follow baseball as closely as I used to.
Beltran would look good back in a Royals uniform but its the way baseball wants it. David Cone, Zach Grineke, Jermaine Dye, Beltran, Johnny Damon, Mike Sweeney etc etc. It disgusts me. How do you fal in love with a player in KC? You knows he's going to sporting a Yankess or Boston Jersey in a year or two. Plus with the small market franchises you make one mistake and you're set back for years. The yankees fizzle on a free agent and its reload. I can;t see how Yankees fans take any joy in winning at all. Its like a high school kid beating up a fifth grader and acting like he did something. Level the playing field. Baseball is the devil.
David Cone left New York to sign with Kansas City as a free agent.Mike Sweeney played for the Royals for 12 years before signing a huge $500,000 free agent deal with the hated Oakland A's. :shrug:

I thought the major reason they were booing Cano was because he snubbed the hometown guy, Billy Butler, for the HR competition.

The amount of bitsching in this thread about the HR competition is hysterical. What a bunch of bitter old men.

I thought the major reason they were booing Cano was because he snubbed the hometown guy, Billy Butler, for the HR competition. The amount of bitsching in this thread about the HR competition is hysterical. What a bunch of bitter old men.
Basically, yes. I wonder if it will ever be back in KC in my lifetime. How the hell did they get a stadium built for that AAAA team?

The Yankees get a billion dollar teevee deal and use the Royals like their farm system. The whole system is rigged. If the Royals could pick up and go compete in NY I would be totally fine. But they can't because the Yankees and Mets are protected by baseball. The Yankees are the very definition of everything thats gone wrong with baseball. They start on third base every year and think they hit a triple. So if you were a Royals fan for the last 25 years and got to compete with a quarter of the resources and got your head beat in routinely how would you feel. Cano can suck it and the Yankess can double suck it. However if I was his dad pitching and those two players came out to the mound I would have drilled them right between the eyes.
:lmao: I'm not Yankees apologist but do you really think all this is a good reason to boo a specific player at an exhibition event?Stay classy.

:lmao: I'm not Yankees apologist but do you really think all this is a good reason to boo a specific player at an exhibition event?Stay classy.
I could see booing Arod or Clemens or Reggie or Paul O'Neill or Billy Martin but Robinson Cano? If it makes you feel better about Kansas City, by all means boo away.

I could see booing Arod or Clemens or Reggie or Paul O'Neill or Billy Martin but Robinson Cano? If it makes you feel better about Kansas City, by all means boo away.
As captain, Cano picked the AL participants in the derby. KC fans were upset he didn't pick Billy Butler, so they booed him. Kinda dumb, but harmless. Apparently Cano had said earlier that he would pick a Royal. :shrug:

As captain, Cano picked the AL participants in the derby. KC fans were upset he didn't pick Billy Butler, so they booed him. Kinda dumb, but harmless. Apparently Cano had said earlier that he would pick a Royal. :shrug:
Well, the AL won the HR derby which apparently gives them the right to host tonight's All Star game.

What if the ASG were in NY with the Yankees hosting? What if Prince Fielder was the AL Captain and first said Cano was going to be on his HR Derby team? And then what if Fielder decided against Cano and chose David Ortiz instead? Do you think NY fans would cheer on Prince Fielder?

What if the ASG were in NY with the Yankees hosting? What if Prince Fielder was the AL Captain and first said Cano was going to be on his HR Derby team? And then what if Fielder decided against Cano and chose David Ortiz instead? Do you think NY fans would cheer on Prince Fielder?
I think the worm would probably die before impact

I think the worm would probably die before impact
wrong board

Users who are viewing this thread