What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Backup RB LINKS: Short Bench RB Discussion: More (1 Viewer)

MJD - dropped for Benny Cunningham

Heard MJD didn't have much juice left. Then he got hurt.

Forsett - picked up when I thought he might be the starter

Grades out highly at PFF but is smallish and probably won't ever be "the guy." Split snaps with "Talapia" last week though Talapia got more carries.

Gerhart - just traded him and a couple of older players for a 2015 2nd.

Gerhart was going to be a volume back with pretty decent value this year but between his sprained ankle, bad OL, awful Henne, and no experienced WR's his value tumbled. Robinson getting carries now too. Plus they like Storm Johnson as a developmental guy coming off injury.

Latavius Murray - hoping he gets a shot in 2015

Lot of people liked him pre-injury and the guys in front of him are glass.

Christine Michael - have no choice but to hold him for 2015...though I'm starting to get discouraged since he is a healthy scratch every week

Frustrating. Hard to see value in 2014. STill, talented.

Benny Cunningham - dropped MJD for him in hopes he might at least get some 3rd down, hurry-up play. Hoping he gets more opps in 2015

Liked him to force a RBBC with Stacy but there's not much production to go around. Still, Rams are run blocking well.

J-Stew - was hoping he got his chance this year, but he's just obviously not very good any more. I'm hoping to trade him for a late pick but will probably end up dropping him.

PFF liked what he was doing although he wasn't showing much for YPC. Oline abysmal and Cam's not running which hurts offense. Benjamin and Olsen really only dangerous targets. AND, another injury. Plus, most likely permanent RBBC.

My taxi squad contains:

Silas Redd - just holding him in case he gets some play in 2015 due to an ALF injury. Not sure if he has any ability.

Damien Williams - hoping for some play in 2015

Lorenzo Taliferro - not gonna move him to my active roster until he starts getting more consistent play. But he may be my best option in 2015 if I can't make some moves.

Talapia got good run Week 4.

Also gonna put in a waiver bid on some of the previously mentioned guys today.

I'm obviously hoarding all the rookie backup RBs which isn't a very good strategy. Especially in leagues where we need to assign years and you get cap hits if you cut players (with multiple years). So I'm in quite the bind.

I have the benefit of a long bench though, trying to figure out who to cut/keep for short benches is pretty ugly this year unless you have the ability to see in to the future. We've seen more talented players ride the pine and you can't trust a word that comes out of a coaches mouth. Good luck with that.

Is Knile Davis an absolute must-own? I'm 0-3, looks like Charles has a shot to play this week and I have Seattle defense on a bye. I could also drop Trent Richardson but I think with his name value I could move him in a trade
I own him, am 0-3, and don't plan on dropping him. Most of these other backs are involved in RBBC's and he is a surefire RB1 if he gets to play.
THIS. He should get a few totes intermediately even when Charles first comes back I'd guess. You prob shouldn't run a guy 25-30 times coming off a high ankle sprain.

Is Knile Davis an absolute must-own? I'm 0-3, looks like Charles has a shot to play this week and I have Seattle defense on a bye. I could also drop Trent Richardson but I think with his name value I could move him in a trade
I own him, am 0-3, and don't plan on dropping him. Most of these other backs are involved in RBBC's and he is a surefire RB1 if he gets to play.

My keeper league has short benches (5 spots), and the following RB's are available:

Ingram

Forsett

Crowell

Starks

I need to start a defense this week so I will be dropping either Pierce or Gerhart. I think I'm leaning towards keeping Gerhart.
I like Ingram if you can wait.

Want to pick up Crowell who is a free agent in my redraft but would have to drop Vereen, Ingram, Hilton or Josh Gordon. Having a tough time deciding who to cut but reading a lot of good stuff on Crowell

How are you guys approaching Crowell, especially if it's a keeper/dynasty?

Redraft, he's tough to roster on Bye Week 4 and Tate reportedly coming back.

News is he may be surpassing West on the depth chart.

Dynasty more attractive as he may have the talent to be out Tate and he can't stay healthy.

Could be an opportunity to roster a RB starter at some point on a VERY GOOD run blocking team/attack.

However, if you have injuries, byes, or a weak RB core he's a tough pickup despite the upside.

Short benches make it tough for sure.
My other RB's: Taliaferro/Hill/McKinnon

I like Hill's potential, and enjoyed watching him play. McKinnon is part of a new regime. The Vikings may use RBBC, which has designated plays for three different RB's The worst part is right now, that would be better than what hes seeing now..

Personally, Lorenzo Taliaferro is probably the only RB, who I wouldn't care to argue/discuss matching w/ Crowell. The Ravens have a somewhat cowbell mentality, and I believe Lorenzo received a lions share this last game.

p.s. Two/three weeks and there may be less to discuss and/or discover!
I really like Hill and think by year's end he will be 1a/1b with Bernard.

Taliaferro actually split snaps pretty much w Forsett. Forsett grades out really high but is smallish and can't be a workhorse. Still, he's good enough to see work. Pierce is talented but he's never playing full strength. He's always banged up.

I think Asiata pretty much has that job right now. They really trust him and while he doesn't have a lot of upside, McKinnon is really going to have to show to get a lion's share.
Funny. Im hoping Hill :football: becomes the every down Back w/ exception of say 3rd and long plays

I was attempting to make reference to Rice taking a lot of snaps in the past. However I could be wrong too... Now this decision to keep rolling w/ Forsett has lead me to already value Taliferro much less (amongst my RB's).

Overall the play calling in MN isn't what I would hope to see... (again this yr.) :jawdrop:

p.s. I appreciate your taking the time to respond on your post. I might just end up using the consensus to make room for IDP, or at least an extra D/ST

Users who are viewing this thread