What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2013 (1 Viewer)

We'll always have Emergency & I and Change, I suppose.
There are a couple stinkers on here near the front but I liked the 2nd half of the new record pretty well.
I'm going to go ahead and amend this. There are about 3 songs on here I like, and a pile of #### otherwise. “Daddy Was a Real Good Dancer” should be a Lifetime Movie, not a DPlan song. and "Waiting" sounds like the ####### barenaked ladies. <_<

I don't think I saw Danny Brown's "Old" posted in here yet. It's a really good hip hop album, he is a crazy Detroit hipster with a wild flow.

So is Sky Ferreira what Lady Gaga should be?

Bars Of Gold’s Wheels is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
White Denim's new album Corsicana Lemonade might be their best yet, and I really liked their last album D. Tons of great hooks.

At Night In Dreams

Come Back
I need to get on this. I LOVED Fits but D was kinda meh for me.
Id actually say its more similar to Fits, but sort of a combo of both. It has the guitar hooks of Fits, but also the instrumental depth of D.

I guess thats sort of why I think it might be their best album :thumbup:

Never been a huge fan, but Nine INch Nails new album "Hesitation Marks" is very good.

Love the tune "Copy of a"

Mix 2013 Spotify playlist with 2 songs from each 2013 album that I have enjoyed. Spans many genres: rap, indie, electronic, folk, international, etc. Thanks to many people here that helped me find some of these albums.

I don't listen to as many of these as most of you, but The 1975 album is my favorite of the year so far with Lorde, drake, and haim not far behind.

Really impressed with the Avicii album. Very surprising - the back half of the album is just incredible.

We've been watching VH1 in the mornings. My daughter likes Haim (she thinks the video where all of the dudes are crying is funny) and Katy Perry.

She's 3.5 :shrug:

So Jake Bugg had a great debut album this year, and I just read today he has another album already coming out on tuesday, produced by Rick Rubin, nonetheless. I cant believe he is already releasing another album so soon, but I'd by lying if I wasnt intrigued. Supposedly less acoustic songs but there's at least a few on there, and he calls it more of a complete album as opposed to a collection of songs on S/T. Disagree with his assessment of the S/T album buy we shall see

Slumville Sunrise

Thats the only studio version I could find and its much longer than the song, but entertaining/funny at least, and directed by Shane Meadows (This Is England, Dead Man's Shoes if youre also a movie person)

So Jake Bugg had a great debut album this year, and I just read today he has another album already coming out on tuesday, produced by Rick Rubin, nonetheless. I cant believe he is already releasing another album so soon, but I'd by lying if I wasnt intrigued. Supposedly less acoustic songs but there's at least a few on there, and he calls it more of a complete album as opposed to a collection of songs on S/T. Disagree with his assessment of the S/T album buy we shall see

Slumville Sunrise

Thats the only studio version I could find and its much longer than the song, but entertaining/funny at least, and directed by Shane Meadows (This Is England, Dead Man's Shoes if youre also a movie person)
It leaked today

Spindrift-ghost of the west is a very cool album. Inspired by the music in the spaghetti western movies. I will be listening to this a lot.

I went through all 20 pages and only found a user by the name "placebo".

My favorites...

Placebo - Loud Like Love

Editors - The Weight of Your Love

Direct Hit! - Brainless God

Adam Green & Binki Shapiro - self titled

Really enjoying

Mutual Benefit - "Love's Crushing Diamond"

Folky and americana-y. Somehow it gives me all kinds of nostalgia.

trogg78 said:
Spindrift-ghost of the west is a very cool album. Inspired by the music in the spaghetti western movies. I will be listening to this a lot.
Interesting note: they travelled to different ghost towns to record this album.

I guess I'm another late convert to Haim.

I like all the Fleetwood Mac-esque stuff fine, but the it's My Song 5 that really does it for me. Sounds like Destiny's Child produced by Timbaland and Jack White. So weird, so catchy.

I like all the Fleetwood Mac-esque stuff fine, but the it's My Song 5 that really does it for me. Sounds like Destiny's Child produced by Timbaland and Jack White. So weird, so catchy.
Agreed. I mentioned a while back that I couldn't tell if it was brilliant or a glossy made-for-market pop production and someone replied "why can't it be both?"

That is different in a very good way. I hadn't really noticed it before, thanks for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread