What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Male Voice of All Time (1 Viewer)

Man it just doesn't get any better than George Michael in his prime, the range.. Unreal
Know how I know you're gay?
Then I'm Richard Simmons because I still love the Faith album.
Agreed. If thinking Freddy Mercury and George Michael have absolutely world class voices makes me gay then start lining up dude's butts because i'm going to town on them
Know how I know you're gay?

Say what you want about Aerosmith (I'm not a huge fan or anything) but Steven Tyler should at least be mentioned.

One highly praised voice I could never stand is Robert Plant.

In fact, it would be great to her him sing any song where it didn't sound like he was whining and crying because his balls were being squeezed in a vice.

Last edited by a moderator:
One highly praised voice I could never stand is Robert Plant.

In fact, it would be great to her him sing any song where it didn't sound like he was whining and crying because his balls were being squeezed in a vice.
Guess you're not a Geddy Lee fan.

I'll take Tim Buckley and his 5 octave range.
Axl had the biggest range ever allegedly.
Maybe, but being the best vocalist is not just all about range (I have seen people in talent contests with incredible range but an emotionless delivery). Tim Buckley may not have been technically the best (although I would argue that pont) but he was, all around, the best singer I have ever heard. He career never really took off and when it looked like it was finally coming together for him he died at the age of 27. Pretty much best known today for being the father of Jeff Buckley, which is really unfortunate that such a great talent is still in obscurity.

I know he isn't the GOAT, but Steven Page from Barenaked Ladies often gets overlooked.

Here are three pieces that show his voice.

Call and Answer - In an atypical BNL motif, Steven Page did all of the singing for this piece.

(They Long to Be) Close to You - from a concert with Burt Bacharach.

Memory - This is from a Farm Aid concert in VA in 2000. It was the closing piece to their set, and they did several covers. You really only need to listen to the first minute to catch his voice. This is live and at the end of a set. The rest of this piece shows how much fun going to a BNL concert was.

For non-singers, you could say Morgan Freeman, Michael C. Hall (yes, I know he can sing) and Samuel L. Jackson. Those guys could narrate the phone book and it would sound awesome.

For non-singers, you could say Morgan Freeman, Michael C. Hall (yes, I know he can sing) and Samuel L. Jackson. Those guys could narrate the phone book and it would sound awesome.
Get busy living or call Forino's Funeral home for good deals.

Dunno about best, but my favorites are

Sam Cooke

Freddie Mercury

Jackson Browne

Chris Cornell

Jeff Buckley

Carl Wilson

Sir Paul

Johnny Cash
Carl Wilson was the name that came to mind for me. So many greats to choose from, and it largely is a matter of preference, but something about Carl's voice always hit the mark for me.

I admit it, Im a Michael Bolton fan! I celebrate the guys entire collection! For my money it doesnt get any better than when he sings when a man loves a woman.

Orbison

Jim James

The guy from Cinderella.
Tom Keifer? Kiefer?

I forget. Great pull from obscurity, really. Night Songs accompanied me on a road trip to Florida back as as teen on a family vacation. Not terrible at the time, probably would hear it and cringe now.

Users who are viewing this thread