What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Papi's trade value right now (1 Viewer)

Tough As Nails

Glave Master
Give me 4 or 5 guys you think have the same value as David Ortiz right now...knowing what we know. Assume roto with OBP.

Pronk, Sheffield, Delgado, Ryan Zimmerman, maybe Vernon Wells, Nick Swisher, Oswalt, Liriano, Matt Cain, Buchholz, Rafael Soriano, Joe Bo, Todd Jones, other risky closers - it's ugly. I don't own him anywhere nor do I have any intentions on pursuing him, wrist injuries are tricky beings and have a tendency to take a full year to get back to form. He may be playing by the end of July but he won't be himself again until at least 09.

Give me 4 or 5 guys you think have the same value as David Ortiz right now...knowing what we know. Assume roto with OBP.
Its really hard to say.I would say any trade involving Ortiz is highly speculative and you would just have to let it through. Depending on whether he is out for season or back in 4 weeks gives a lot of wiggle room.He also may come back and not be the same hitter or he could heal and be great.So bottom line, who knows.

Looks like my thinking is kind of in line with what most people are. He's a huge question mark. I'm thinking of trading him for Johnny Damon. The thing is...I'm in 6th and trying to hang on and make a push toward the top. The guy with Damon is dominating. I think it's a no-brainer for him as he's loaded and can afford to move a middle tier guy for the chance that Ortiz becomes a top-20 guy in a month's time. My trouble is that I may be helping the leader more than I'm helping myself. It's a tough call...but I don't like Ortiz's prospects the rest of the year and I'm reasonably sure I'm not going to get anything more valuable than Damon in return.

Tough As Nails said:
Looks like my thinking is kind of in line with what most people are. He's a huge question mark. I'm thinking of trading him for Johnny Damon. The thing is...I'm in 6th and trying to hang on and make a push toward the top. The guy with Damon is dominating. I think it's a no-brainer for him as he's loaded and can afford to move a middle tier guy for the chance that Ortiz becomes a top-20 guy in a month's time. My trouble is that I may be helping the leader more than I'm helping myself. It's a tough call...but I don't like Ortiz's prospects the rest of the year and I'm reasonably sure I'm not going to get anything more valuable than Damon in return.
You won't get an argument from me on this. A healthy Ortiz will certainly help mr first place but its really speculative.Wrist is a big deal, even if Ortiz comes back, I am skeptical that his power is going to be there.

Tough As Nails said:
You won't get an argument from me on this. A healthy Ortiz will certainly help mr first place but its really speculative.Wrist is a big deal, even if Ortiz comes back, I am skeptical that his power is going to be there.
:no: Trigger pulled. I'll let him play the roulette game and take the immediate help (which I sorely need). Let's hope he comes back healthy...but not until early October.

Tough As Nails said:
I would do that deal without thinking twice, and I'm not one to believe Damon is any good...I think he's over valued by the masses - had him ranked around 40th preseason among OF's and feel similarly today.

Users who are viewing this thread