What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bilal Powell - Potential Deep Sleeper? (1 Viewer)

I still like Powell to eventually emerge here but you probably have to cut bait in most leagues.

although I do think Forte breaks down eventually.

could be similar to last year for Powell where he produces some good weeks late

Hate this guy.  He was given a lot of FBG love this year (think he was the #16 RB according to their draft list) and I should have known better than to be sucked in to any part of a horrible Jets offense.  He's unplayable.  I outright dropped him in my shallow bench league and am holding in my deep bench league only because all the other RBs have been scooped up ages ago.

Hate this guy.  He was given a lot of FBG love this year (think he was the #16 RB according to their draft list) and I should have known better than to be sucked in to any part of a horrible Jets offense.  He's unplayable.  I outright dropped him in my shallow bench league and am holding in my deep bench league only because all the other RBs have been scooped up ages ago.
The Jets offense has not been "horrible" - Powell has not produced because the coaching staff has used Matt Forte a lot.

I haven't watched a second of any Jets game....can someone that has tell me WTH he is not option A in the backfield?.....is Forte really better than him.....he wasn't last year.....Powell actually seemed to play with some burst, etc last year.....this has been one of the more confusing developments for me this year....all indications were POwell was going to be THE MAN...don't really need to get into the whole "do you really want to have a Jet in your lineup" thing, I am just wondering why it seems they aren't playing one of their best players....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched a second of any Jets game....can someone that has tell me WTH he is not option A in the backfield?.....is Forte really better than him.....he wasn't last year.....Powell actually seemed to play with some burst, etc last year.....this has been one of the more confusing developments for me this year....all indications were POwell was going to be THE MAN...don't really need to get into the whole "do you really want to have a Jet in your lineup" thing, I am just wondering why it seems they aren't playing one of their best players....?
Good question.  And I seem to recall he was like 3rd in the league last year for yards per touch or something like that.  Tis a shame what's going on there right now.  Its not like this 3 headed rushing monster is leading to productivity or wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe since they were unable to trade Forte and chose not to cut him, they have decided just to get their money's worth and are going to run him into the ground....and "save" Powell for some reason.....and maybe that reason is because they might play Powell and accidentally win a game.....

Forte looked horrific in Week 1 but still saw a bigger workload then Powell. In Week 2 Forte looked better than he did the prior week but still nothing special - and Powell even played less than McGuire. Powell may have injured himself early in the game where it looked like his ankle rolled a bit but no injury was reported.

I have no idea why the staff continues to let Forte handle most of the work though - makes zero sense for a team going nowhere.

Forte looked horrific in Week 1 but still saw a bigger workload then Powell. In Week 2 Forte looked better than he did the prior week but still nothing special - and Powell even played less than McGuire. Powell may have injured himself early in the game where it looked like his ankle rolled a bit but no injury was reported.

I have no idea why the staff continues to let Forte handle most of the work though - makes zero sense for a team going nowhere.
unless playing Powell could lead to them accidentally winning a game........

unless playing Powell could lead to them accidentally winning a game........
Yeah a cynic would say Forte helps them tank - but honestly Bowles is coaching to win. They are trotting out a 37 year old QB and playing Jeremy Kerley over two rookies they drafted in round 3 and 4.

Said it in another thread, but keep an eye on McGuire. Team brass really likes the kid and with the team exploring their youth, Forte obviously isn't the future and Powell likely isn't either.

I grabbed Powell in one of my leagues. He is definitely a deep sleeper. Like, a coma sleeper. I honestly think he may have actually been taking a nap during week 2.

Forte is week to week per Roto and may sit this week. Go time for Powell?
Don't have a lot of options at RB 2 this week, so rolling him out there. 

Guy has been amazing the 2nd half of the last two years.  Just don't see the reluctance on the Jets part to let him get a full load. 

He's on my roster but no way am I starting him. I was JUST about to drop him. So I'll wait and see how the Jets use him.

Flexing him with confidence.  This guy Powell has bounced me out of the playoff the last 3 years.  

Decided to join forces with him this year.

Powell with the 75 yard TD! Would be great if they fed him like this even when Forte is around. 

Debatable. He hasn't done much of anything outside of that one fluke 75 yarder. I'm tired of waiting for the Jets to realize he's the best they've got. McGuire will probably get an even split.

Debatable. He hasn't done much of anything outside of that one fluke 75 yarder. I'm tired of waiting for the Jets to realize he's the best they've got. McGuire will probably get an even split.
The Offensive Coordinator is going to use 3 rbs regardless of who is the best. Morton has already said that this is what he prefers. Same thing they used in New Orleans. A lot of us/people drafted Powell thinking he would get the majority of carries simply because he is the best RB. The wildcard that we didn't consider was Morton's preferred RB committee usage.

Users who are viewing this thread