What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady and Moss (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin said:
Masked Vigilante said:
Will the loss of McDaniels have any impact at all? I'm sure he was responsible for some of the offensive innovation they used in 07. Do the Pats have an official OC? Who's calling the plays this year?
McDaniels was along for the ride and got promoted through the Pats coaching ranks. He started as a Personnel Assistant, then served as a Defensive Coaching Assistant, then Quarterbacks Coach, and finally Offensive Coordinator. Certainly you can't knock him for what happened in 2007, but I'm not sure he was the brain trust that created the monster known as the Patriots offense. He may have done a solid job calling plays when given the chance, but I don't think he did much to build the playbook.This year, there is no official OC, and BB is the one that will be calling the plays (if he wasn't already). I forget who it is, but he has another assistant that is working on play calling with him, but he does not have the OC title.
Bill O'Brien, Quarterbacks Coach is in charge of play calling.

Wow, i'm watching the Skins game, and I think I've been wrong about Brady all offseason. Definitely going to be the top QB this year. It hurts to say it, I hate the Pats, don't like Brady, but you can't argue against his game tonight.

Wow, i'm watching the Skins game, and I think I've been wrong about Brady all offseason. Definitely going to be the top QB this year. It hurts to say it, I hate the Pats, don't like Brady, but you can't argue against his game tonight.
You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :tinfoilhat:

You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :shrug:
Great Reply...heh heh. :tinfoilhat: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an owner of ADP and Brady already for a meager 14% of my cap in a keep 2 league, I have a realist shot at this hookup. How big a percentage of your cap would you spend on Moss in this scenario? I was thinking anywhere up to 25% but now I think I might bump that to 30%. I'd still have over 50% of my cap to spend on filling out the roster.

You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :lmao:
Great Reply...heh heh. :mellow: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:excited: I've watched all the Pats preseason games this year. Last week he looked bad when pressured. I'm really tired of asinine replies on this forum... Especially when ppl take thinngs out of context just to be jackholes

You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :)
Great Reply...heh heh. :mellow: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:excited: I've watched all the Pats preseason games this year. Last week he looked bad when pressured. I'm really tired of asinine replies on this forum... Especially when ppl take thinngs out of context just to be jackholes
Plenty of forums out there. GL. :lmao:

although Haynesworth just pile drove Brady and his right shoulder pounded the ground....tried to warm up and had to go back to the locker room. This could nothing, but it would KILL Moss and Brady obviously.

I'm so thrilled about Moss sabotaging my draft this Sunday. Was planning on getting him at 6th overall but now some goon is gonna snag him up before me.

Well, if you really want to play it out, you basically decided 'omg Brady sux!!1' after one quarter of play last year, and spent about 100 posts defending your ridiculous position to the rest of the rational world.

After half a preseason game, you have now apparently completely abandoned your steadfast beliefs and flip flopped back over to 'omg Brady is awesome!!1'.

Ergo, you should be banned.

You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :o
Great Reply...heh heh. :thumbup: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:football: I've watched all the Pats preseason games this year. Last week he looked bad when pressured. I'm really tired of asinine replies on this forum... Especially when ppl take thinngs out of context just to be jackholes
Plenty of forums out there. GL. :thumbup:
This one's not a fit for everyone :shrug:

Well, if you really want to play it out, you basically decided 'omg Brady sux!!1' after one quarter of play last year, and spent about 100 posts defending your ridiculous position to the rest of the rational world.After half a preseason game, you have now apparently completely abandoned your steadfast beliefs and flip flopped back over to 'omg Brady is awesome!!1'.Ergo, you should be banned.
I think you don't quite get why ppl are banned. I.e. The way you are acting is much more banworthy than me.

I'm so thrilled about Moss sabotaging my draft this Sunday. Was planning on getting him at 6th overall but now some goon is gonna snag him up before me.
IF Brady is hurt, forget the idea.IF Brady is not hurt, we need to somehow plant the seed with the rest of your league that he may be. I'm playing 36 holes with my other 9 tomorrow prior to the draft...and I plan on slipping some comments in here and there.

You mean to say that watching football is more telling than pro-rating out the statistics of the first 9 minutes of last season's Week 1 game? :o
Great Reply...heh heh. :thumbup: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbup: I've watched all the Pats preseason games this year. Last week he looked bad when pressured. I'm really tired of asinine replies on this forum... Especially when ppl take thinngs out of context just to be jackholes
Plenty of forums out there. GL. :shrug:
This one's not a fit for everyone :o
:football:

Well....I did it. I went with the Brady/Moss Strategy in my local redraft which just concluded 15 minutes ago.

It is going to be fun....oh and all TD's are 6 points and PPR :football:

Conserative projections:

Brady 4500 Yards passing 32 TD's

Moss 78 receptions 1285 yards 22 TD's

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....I did it. I went with the Brady/Moss Strategy in my local redraft which just concluded 15 minutes ago.It is going to be fun....oh and all TD's are 6 points and PPR :lmao: Conserative projections:Brady 4500 Yards passing 32 TD'sMoss 78 receptions 1285 yards 22 TD's
Floor for Brady is 40 TD's

gump said:
R Dizzle said:
IF Brady is hurt, forget the idea.IF Brady is not hurt, we need to somehow plant the seed with the rest of your league that he may be. I'm playing 36 holes with my other 9 tomorrow prior to the draft...and I plan on slipping some comments in here and there.
On my league homepage I think I will post something like "Tom Brady takes a vicious hit in the Redskins game, Reaggravates old injury", an hour or so before the draft.

PatsWillWin said:
Finless said:
PatsWillWin said:
switz said:
Da Man said:
Great Reply...heh heh. :lmao: Shock and awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao: I've watched all the Pats preseason games this year. Last week he looked bad when pressured. I'm really tired of asinine replies on this forum... Especially when ppl take thinngs out of context just to be jackholes
Plenty of forums out there. GL. :thumbup:
This one's not a fit for everyone :shrug:
:lmao:
lol... I've been on these boards longer than you guys combined. And they were much better before you guys got here.

lol... I've been on these boards longer than you guys combined. And they were much better before you guys got here.
Not to get off track here but I'm not sure you know who I am.On another note hopefully that hit on Brady has him sliding down the draftboard.Moss could be a legitimate #1 pick.

Well....I did it. I went with the Brady/Moss Strategy in my local redraft which just concluded 15 minutes ago.

It is going to be fun....oh and all TD's are 6 points and PPR :)

Conserative projections:

That's not conservative, for the record.

It is going to be fun....oh and all TD's are 6 points and PPR :hifive:

Conserative projections:

That's not conservative, for the record.
I was trying to be a little humerous.

Deuce said:
although Haynesworth just pile drove Brady and his right shoulder pounded the ground....tried to warm up and had to go back to the locker room. This could nothing, but it would KILL Moss and Brady obviously.
Pats called it sore shoulder last night, but man, that looked like a season ender for a few moments...all aboard!

Drafted this afternoon in a pretty competitive 12 team redraft, $150 e/f. 6 pts per passing TD, -2 for INT's. I picked last and got Brady/Moss at the turn. Brees went 1.4 and Fitz went 1.11, the rest of the 1st was RB's. Really couldn't believe either of those guys were available, when both were there it was a no brainer for me.

Ended up with a roster of:

Brady

Favre

Addai

Lynch

Moreno

R Williams

Coffee

Moss

Driver

Berrian

Galloway

Curtis

Dal. Clark

Rackers

Pats DST

Running backs could be stronger, but overall I love this team.

Drafted this afternoon in a pretty competitive 12 team redraft, $150 e/f. 6 pts per passing TD, -2 for INT's. I picked last and got Brady/Moss at the turn. Brees went 1.4 and Fitz went 1.11, the rest of the 1st was RB's. Really couldn't believe either of those guys were available, when both were there it was a no brainer for me. Ended up with a roster of:BradyFavreAddaiLynchMorenoR WilliamsCoffeeMossDriverBerrianGallowayCurtisDal. ClarkRackersPats DSTRunning backs could be stronger, but overall I love this team.
Looks good but I'm thinking you could have gotten a better RB2 or WR2 instead of going for Clark (probably early). I think I'd rather have a stronger RB/WR and maybe a Celek instead of Clark. But looks pretty strong overall.

I drafted today, going with Brady/Moss/Welker. 6 pts for all TDs. Thank god I have Directv..

Got them from the 13 hole in a 14 team ppr, 6 pt. passing td league, yesterday. Took Moss first. The guy in the 14 hole said he was planning to do it. He ended up with Chris Johnson and Brees as a fairly nice consolation prize though.

Really was not my plan for this draft but these two are special together and that team is special. It is worth it for the chance to have a piece of it for a year. It left me a little weaker at RB (McFadden, Rice, Benson, Graham) but it should be fun to watch. If it doesn't pan out then I still have the next 30 years or so to go back to a more conventional draft plan :goodposting:

Last night in a 10-team non-ppr, I got Moss at 1.8 and Brady at 2.2. I think the potential injury dropped Moss past the guy at 6 to me. If Brady's healthy, that play was a blessing.

Could have done it, but chose to go Moss/Brees instead. Could be a bad weather game in Foxboro or in Buffalo during the playoffs. I'm projecitng Brees higher anyway because we get an extra .25 for QB completions. I love what I got at RB during rounds 3-4-5-

1.08 8. Ten Yard Fight Moss, Randy NEP WR Sat Aug 29 1:06:13 p.m. ET 2009

2.05 17. Ten Yard Fight Brees, Drew NOS QB Sat Aug 29 1:13:59 p.m. ET 2009

3.08 32. Ten Yard Fight Smith, Kevin DET RB Sat Aug 29 1:29:47 p.m. ET 2009

4.05 41. Ten Yard Fight Rice, Ray BAL RB Sat Aug 29 1:36:28 p.m. ET 2009

5.08 56. Ten Yard Fight Johnson, Larry KCC RB Sat Aug 29 1:58:28 p.m. ET 2009

6.05 65. Ten Yard Fight Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Sat Aug 29 2:05:01 p.m. ET 2009

7.08 80. Ten Yard Fight Hester, Devin CHI WR Sat Aug 29 2:28:05 p.m. ET 2009

8.05 89. Ten Yard Fight Hixon, Domenik NYG WR Sat Aug 29 2:35:16 p.m. ET 2009

9.08 104. Ten Yard Fight Taylor, Fred NEP RB Sat Aug 29 2:51:58 p.m. ET 2009

10.05 113. Ten Yard Fight Keller, Dustin NYJ TE Sat Aug 29 2:59:49 p.m. ET 2009

11.08 128. Ten Yard Fight Charles, Jamaal KCC RB Sat Aug 29 3:21:01 p.m. ET 2009

12.05 137. Ten Yard Fight Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Sat Aug 29 3:31:45 p.m. ET 2009

Users who are viewing this thread