What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Lol so after my team put up 52 for the season low last week. Put up 185 this week for the season high and 3rd place counslation. Lol wow

Thanks Dallas Cowboy defense. Bryce Brown? 2TDs before the half? Even I knew they only thing they had to worry about without DeSean Jackson out was Brown. All I wanted was to win 1 of 2 games to try and get byes in my main 2 leagues and after mismanaging myself out of one, I am now down 9 in the other league thanks to Brown. My only hope is Cruz tomorrow night, but he hasn't had a good game in forever and I am sure the Cowgirls will figure out a way to play defense tomorrow.
Thanks Romo you moron. Let's hurry and call a timeout and give the Eagles time left. Then the D decides to drop 11 in coverage and ignore Brown for 20 yards. This is effing disgusting. I hate FF so much now, I may quit next year. Not worth the aggravation. Even my mother could do time management better than the idiot Cowboys. They had 3 TOs, they could have easily run the clock out. Brown got 30 yards on 4 runs. 50 seconds left, 1st and goal and the Cowgirls call a TO so early.
:lmao:
I tell you man, this thread has helped me a lot this year. :)That said, it has been the most frustrating year ever and I have been playing for over 15 years. I was going for the #1 seeds in 2 leagues and now because of bad decisions last week (1.5 point loss) and bad decisions/bad luck this week I am most likely a wild card in both, which is $$$ for division winners. One year I want to be a lucky guy, is that too much to ask? I want to lose my #1 RB and have his backup score 50% more points that my #1 RB's highest game all year 2 weeks in a row. I want to have to start Shon Greene due to bye week issues and get 160 yards and 3TDs. Nope, I am the guy who picks Finley over Gonzalez because even though he thinks Ryan will break out, he decides its better to diversify. FMFFL. ;)
Wow, what a long strange trip it has been this year. Well, I was able to win 1 of the 2 leagues tonight even with no TE (I had to start Logan Paulsen due to injuries and no waivers allowed) and I cost myself a chance at the other championship last week losing by 2 because I dropped the Titans for the Lions (18 point difference) at 12:30 even though I love playing people on Monday night and liked the Titans. Damn those last minute switches due to not trusting my guy, they have all been wrong this year. I survived benching Charles for Morris (who did have a good game) and not benching Tynes for Hanson even though Tynes has already screwed me badly twice.Well, at least another positive $$$ result overall, which just means this insane thing we do continues next year.

Won first championship in a while with:

Aaron Rodgers

Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles

Dez Bryant, Julio Jones

Dallas Clark (Gronk out)

Dan Bailey

A bunch of defensive guys including Daryl Washington

Stuck with these guys all year and it paid off with the highest score in league all year in the championship game.

#### you Aaron Hernandez... had the best game of my season, still lost by 2 because this POS decided to have his worst game of the season by FAR

Foster and Gonzalez combine for 1.8 fantasy points, and I lose the championship by 10. Never would have made it there without those guys, but man this stings...

I think I would have rather faced the Brees + Roddy + Dez + Lynch owner and lost by 100.

Lost by 5. Seattle not returning the blocked FG for a TD would have won me the championship. I hate fantasy football. At least I can still look forward to the Eagles being in the postseason. Oh, wait...

lost by 0.2 points. i had freeman in my lineup all week and once i heard finnegan was playing, i weaseled out and started kaepernick. im such an idiot

Stat corrections cant get here soon enough

Lost by 26 in the super bowl. If I would've played Roddy instead of Amendola or Romo instead of Brady I would've gained 29 points either way and won by 3. I'm pretty depressed I made the wrong choice.

Will be able to play next year off all my winnings and best of all will be going to Vegas for a big draft I won an entry to.

Lost by 26 in the super bowl. If I would've played Roddy instead of Amendola or Romo instead of Brady I would've gained 29 points either way and won by 3. I'm pretty depressed I made the wrong choice.
Not to pour salt in your wounds, but I won by five because I played Roddy White instead of Ahmad Bradshaw. I debated this decision all week. Roddy had such a bad week last week, so I was not confident. It finally boiled down to the fact that the Lions stink and I thought Roddy had a chance to score a TD. I ended up winning my championship by five points with Roddy instead of Ahmad. Whew!!!Sorry about your game, go get 'em next year!

Went two for two this year, both Super Bowls were blowout wins too, can't ask for too much more. I know nobody cares who's on my team, but I do. :P Titles don't come all the time so I'm relishing while I can.

Dynasty-ish Winner:

Tony Romo

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Demaryius Thomas

Reggie Wayne

Aaron Hernandez

Heath Miller

Stephen Gotskowski

(Yes, I rolled two TEs. Lost Harvin for the year and didn't trust Brandon Lloyd.)

Redraft Winner:

Matt Ryan

CJ Spiller

Matt Forte

Stevan Ridley

Dez Bryant

Andre Johnson

Randall Cobb

Waiver Wire TEs, Pitta last couple weeks

Stephen Gotskowski

Seattle Defence (was rolling Waiver Wire DTBC, but somebody dropped them midseason)

:banned:

Beat a team that started in a 12 teamer start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K:

Brady, Martin, Morris, Murray, Calvin, Andre, Gonzo, 49ers D, Gostkowski.

Miracles DO happen, folks!!!

Not sure what to take from this year, yes 4 from 5 in plaoffs and 2 championship but ...

Both my best teams loose in a first round and I won with 6-7 record (start season 1-5 in a 12 team league...)

Luck play a huge role in FF imo

One week to late you dumb jackasses. 2nd highest score of season in 3rd place game.

2qb Ryan, Kaep

Colston

DT

DX

Welker

Jennings

McCoy

Spiller

Gonzo

#1 idp defense

WTF????? HOW DOES THAT TEAM NOT ONLY LOSE LAST WEEK, BUT GET BLOWN OUT??? GO TO HELL!!!

Thanks Romo you moron. Let's hurry and call a timeout and give the Eagles time left. Then the D decides to drop 11 in coverage and ignore Brown for 20 yards. This is effing disgusting. I hate FF so much now, I may quit next year. Not worth the aggravation. Even my mother could do time management better than the idiot Cowboys. They had 3 TOs, they could have easily run the clock out. Brown got 30 yards on 4 runs. 50 seconds left, 1st and goal and the Cowgirls call a TO so early.
Probably my favorite SP post of the year, maybe only second to the Sweetness thread. :lmao:

Wow! After the later games and SNF, I ended up winning 3 of my 4 leagues but still lost my main league despite a great week from my squad. One of my wins came thanks to starting Kaepernick over Eli and I won by a single point so it's still TBD if I actually won. 2 or 3 championship teams out of 4 competitive leagues ain't half bad! :thumbup: :boxing: :nerd: :yes: :) :P :D :football: :coffee: :fro: :headbang: :pickle: :hifive: :towelwave: :ptts:

I dominated my redraft league. DOMINATED. 10-team PPR. Start 1QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, Def

Average score was usually about 120-130 points. I broke 200 multiple times. I had the highest score in the league in 5 of the 13 regular season weeks and the highest score in the league each week of the playoffs (had a bye one week, but we give a prize for highest points each week regardless if it is a bye or not). That's 8 of 16 weeks I had the highest score. 4 other weeks I was 2nd or 3rd.

My team that started and easily won this weekend was:

Matt Ryan

Calvin Johnson

AJ Green

Brandon Marshall

Doug Martin

Darren Sproles

Jimmy Graham

Dennis Pitta

Gostkowski

Arizona Def.

Mainly that team every week although I traded CJ Spiller for Brandon Marshall around mid season.

3rd straight championship in that league!

3rd place in my 12- team IDP league.

Finally! Lost the last 2 superbowls by like 3 points because cowboys sucked and won this one cuz of Romo and Bryant! Not even close. Lynch, Dez, Calvin, Bengals, Romo, Hanson and Martin all scored double digits. Only Trent and Miller sucked. Feels so good when the best team actually wins in the end. Can't believe I started out 2-5 in my 12 man and on the verge of not making playoffs. Ran hot and won out every week from that point on. Now I just have to hope the LM collects all the money from the losers lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the best record, and highest points scored in the league in the regular season (by 1 point after 13 games). First time I've ever accomplished that.

Oh, and in the final game I had to go up against the Romo owner. But thanks to that final meaningless garbage drive at the end of Niners/Seahawks, I won my 4th title in 7 years. I'm on a streak of winning in even-numbered years, '06, '08, '10, and now '12. Runner up in '09, but other than that, no noteworthy appearances in the odd-numbered years. Oh well. I'm still a dynasty.

I won both my Championship games this week.

I won my PPR leagues inaugural Championship By 47.87 points. :pickle:

I won my NONPR league Championship by 15 points. :pickle:

Congratulations to all the FF Champions out there!!! :banned:

I haven't won a championship since 2006 but have made the finals 6 times since then. Each time I have finished in 2nd place.

Out of 4 leagues, I made 4 playoffs and 2 finals. Got the win in both finals.

It's feels goo to be back on top.

8 leagues:

-Super Bowl champ in two

-2nd place in one

-3rd place in two

-None of my teams finished under .500.

-Even more amazing, I didn't have AD, AJ Green, Rodgers, Brees, Lynch, D Martin, Dez or Charles on ANY of my teams.

I am most pleased. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Four leagues. Made the playoffs in all of them. Won two of them. Ran into Aaron Rodgers in another championship game, so came in second in that one...screw you Rodgers! :angry:

Still, two first place finishes, and one second makes me a happy camper. :thumbup:

6 leagues this year. One Championship, 2 second place finishes, 2 third place finishes and missed the playoffs in one.

Made a profit of around $3000 but I'm pissed today because SF's garbage time TD cost me a second Championship (and around $1000). :rant:

'Marauder said:
6 leagues this year. One Championship, 2 second place finishes, 2 third place finishes and missed the playoffs in one.Made a profit of around $3000 but I'm pissed today because SF's garbage time TD cost me a second Championship (and around $1000). :rant:
I was down by 0.06 when SF scored, and won as a result with his Seattle D losing 3 pts.

'jwp said:
If it makes you feel any better, starting Brady over Romo was the right choice.

'Marauder said:
6 leagues this year. One Championship, 2 second place finishes, 2 third place finishes and missed the playoffs in one.Made a profit of around $3000 but I'm pissed today because SF's garbage time TD cost me a second Championship (and around $1000). :rant:
I was down by 0.06 when SF scored, and won as a result with his Seattle D losing 3 pts.
If it makes you feel any better that garbage time SF TD cost me $20,000 (though I can't really complain I won $110,000 instead of $130,000)

I won a $110,000 last night finished 1st place and 4th place in the NFFC online championship contest pending stat changes amazingly I would have finished both 1st and 2nd place out of 1872 teams if not for that last TD pass by SF on 4th down and 17 my team ending up in 4th place had Seattle DF and I lost 6 pts because of that last play TD but I will take 1st and 4th as the final drive for SF with 7 mins left started I was 1.89 pts up on 2nd place and 3.95 pts ahead of 3rd place and they both had Crabtree so if he had caught a pass for 9 yards I would have lost 1st place.

I came into the final game sitting in 2nd and 5th place and it was my 5th place team with Lynch scoring 27 pts pushing me into 1st place for the $100,000 grand prize.

Now I have to wait until Thursday and hope for no stat changes.

Won the championship in my keeper league for the third time against all odds. Had two fewer high round draft picks due to trades made for a run last year. Was last almost every week on the waiver wire list. Too msny RB injuries to count. Still ended up with the best record and highest scoring team. Scored the most SB points in our league's 15 year history.

M. Ryan (keeper)

T. Richardson (drafted)

B. Brown :bag:

Dez (keeper)

Julio Jones (via trade)

James Jones (waiver wire)

Witten (keeper)

M. Bryant (keeper)

Bears (keeper)

Can't even blame Arian Foster for this one. My score of 122 would win 9 of 10 weeks, but I went up against the highest score of the entire year 159. Rodgers, Bush, Bryant freight train

Can't even blame Arian Foster for this one. My score of 122 would win 9 of 10 weeks, but I went up against the highest score of the entire year 159. Rodgers, Bush, Bryant freight train
Similar situation for me in my main league, I had Ryan, R.Rice, Moreno, Julio, Cobb, Colston, Hernandez, Colts D/ST, Graham good for 136 points in a 0.5 ppr league and lost to a machine: Brees, Peterson, Morris, Charles, D.Thomas, V-Jax, Rudolph, Bengals D/ST, Bailey, good for 154 points!!

I won a $110,000 last night finished 1st place and 4th place in the NFFC online championship contest pending stat changes amazingly I would have finished both 1st and 2nd place out of 1872 teams if not for that last TD pass by SF on 4th down and 17 my team ending up in 4th place had Seattle DF and I lost 6 pts because of that last play TD but I will take 1st and 4th as the final drive for SF with 7 mins left started I was 1.89 pts up on 2nd place and 3.95 pts ahead of 3rd place and they both had Crabtree so if he had caught a pass for 9 yards I would have lost 1st place.I came into the final game sitting in 2nd and 5th place and it was my 5th place team with Lynch scoring 27 pts pushing me into 1st place for the $100,000 grand prize.Now I have to wait until Thursday and hope for no stat changes.
That's impressive. Six figures from fantasy football. Congrats, man!

In 5 Leagues, made finals in 4, won Championship in 3. Won most points in one of the other leagues. Had a lot of the same guys on all my teams. These are the players that helped me win the Championships: Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, B. Marshall, Doug Martin, Eric Decker, and Seattle defense.

3 leagues. Made playoffs in all 3. 2 Championships.

Thanks FBGs, Shark Pool & Bloom.

Repeat champion in one of the leagues, first time in league's history.

Had four teams this year. All four won 10 games, made the playoffs, and three were the highest-scoring team in their leagues. All four went down in flames Sunday. One guy beat me with two points totals from his RBs (and 76 from his two WRs).

I won the championship by 2 points.

Just remembered that Calvin had 204 receiving yards before the Lions' safety at the end of the game. Picked up 21 extra yards after that, equaling 2 points. I would have lost a tiebreaker.

Very much benefited from Forte getting injured, or else I'm sure that I would have lost.

Finished 11th season in a 12 team dynasty league. Never won the title. Here is my starting line up (12 teams 22 man rosters).

Aaron Rodgers

Ray rice

Lesean McCoy

Andre Johnson

Victor Cruz

Steve smith/ Larry Fitzgerald

Jimmy graham

Bears d/st

Losing with that team this year makes me think its never going to happen

Was down by 55 going into the day, my opponent's team has been terrible so far today, but here's what I have sitting on the bench:

Drew Brees

Ahmad Bradshaw

Deangelo Williams

Stevie Johnson

Stevan Ridley

FML.

Down by 32 with only Santana Moss to go I'm calling it a loss.

If I could have pulled this off I'd have won this league in back to back years and also won my two leagues in the same year for the first time.

Still I've got one championship , a close but no cigar shot at another, and finished @106 in the subscriber contest....overall I'll consider my 2012 ff season a win and look forward to planning next year's teams in a few months.

Thanks to the Footballguys staff for their insights, a really fun contest, and this forum .

Best of luck in 2013 everybody :football: :football: :football:

Was down by 55 going into the day, my opponent's team has been terrible so far today, but here's what I have sitting on the bench:Drew BreesAhmad BradshawDeangelo WilliamsStevie JohnsonStevan RidleyFML.
I can understand the other four, but who were you benching Drew Brees for?

Locked up the title in my one league that still plays in week 17, after pulling off a comeback from being down 15 points going into the day (two week championship).

With seven leagues this year...

3 titles

1 runner-up

1 third place

1 first round playoff loss

1 missed playoff (rebuilding dynasty team)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the season as a whole and made a healthy profit.

Users who are viewing this thread