What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Over the course of this year I lost LeVeon Bell, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson and Keenan Allen, yet I'll have the highest regular season point total after today's games (our playoffs start next week) but I'm not making the playoffs because of head-to-head anomalies. Quite a year.

Started: Cooper and Rawls (8.4 points combined)

Benched: John Brown and Lacy (63.4 points combined)

Lost by 9 points

Of all weeks for Hopkins to be invisible. Lost Rawls and Olsen today...still had four point lead with OBJ and Hopkins still to go...and he has Landry. Thought between those two I'd put him away. Now I've got to hope that OBJ can out score Landry tomorrow night.

Good Lord. Sometimes it almost feels better to have your season end on a complete bed-crapping. The only thing that made it suck for me was that my opponent had Dalton, and in a QB-heavy league like ours (6pt passing TDs, 20 yds/pt, 0.25 PPC), that should have been his death knell. At about 1:30, I thought I was through to the semis.

But other than Stewart and the Jets D, everyone in my lineup put up an absolute stinker. Hoyer, Amendola, JMatthews, Allen, Hill, Kelce and Prater. Hell, Hoyer played most of the game and barely outscored Dalton.

Last edited by a moderator:
My team is out of the playoffs - but it is fun to watch the randomness of H2H play out. The runaway point leader in our league was the 4 seed and just lost to the 5 seed (in a battle of what I thought were the two best teams in the league - but they were 4 and 5 because they did not win their respective divisions despite being the two highest scoring teams). The 3 seed just lost to the 6. The #1 seed was on bye but just lost Andy Dalton (which also impacts his AJ Green). The #2 seed was on a bye and lost Rawls, Ingram and Eifert. No roster pickups allowed in the playoffs so should be an ugly battle of attrition over the next two weeks.

Biggest league............

Drafted Jeremy Hill, Russell Wilson (who I cut many weeks ago) and Demaryius Thomas. All three were universally on everyone's bust lists, until Wilson started lighting it up a few weeks back.

Barely got into the playoffs, and had a bad feeling all week since literally everyone on my team had the worst matchups this week, except one Shady McCoy.

Lost tonight by 1.64 points.

Cost me a shot at a couple thousand.

Guys today that burned me, Travis Kelce, Demaryius Thomas (that fumble will likely cost me, though I didn't see it).

Ronnie Hillman got the workload I expected, he just couldn't do anything with it.

My opponent started Brandon Marshall (don't get me started on that fluke play) and even Thomas Rawls, but I just underperformed across the board, except for Bortles.

If I hadn't gotten Blake Bortles weeks ago I would have never made it this far, oh well.

It was a good run, but now I am down to my other three leagues.

TZM

Started the Crow and Lacy. Up 34 and all he left is Landry tonight. I had the 2nd weakest team in the playoffs, but this is how I envisioned my team when I drafted it Labor Day weekend. I'm now upsetting the top team in our league since week 3. Sometimes this game is extremely unfair.

What do I get for the pleasure of winning the #1 seed and a first round bye? I lost Ingram & Rawls and I have to face the #4 seed who happened to be the top point scorer and he lucked into David Johnson a few weeks ago and gets Gronk back. He has been riding his Patriots (Brady, Gronk, NE Def, and Gostkowski) all year and they face the vaunted Tennessee Titans.

I was GRONK'D. Owner had Tamme(2 points) in until news of Gronk had him switch it. 12 point swing in his favor.

I had Ginn and Lockett on my bench - both ranked much lower than my WR's here and elsewhere.

Tonight I have Miller, Parker and Landry and need 41 points :lmao:

Statistical oddity in our league points to the inherent problem with H2H formats. 12 team league - Top 6 make playoffs. Top 2 get bye in first round. The team with the #1 overall seed was 10th in point scored, 10th in breakdown (record if all play), but tied with 4 other teams for 1st in best record at 8-5. But due to schedule he was 5-1 in division (weak division) giving him the tie breaker for the #1 spot. Meanwhile the two teams that finished dead last and second to last had the 4th and 6th highest scoring teams - but BRUTAL schedules.

Looked back at our records and this years #1 seed had the lowest season points for any #1 seed in the history of our league (in it's 23rd year). Brutal.
H2H really doesn't make much sense at all in this game except from the perspective of people trying to maintain realism and emulate something or feel like there Is a personal stake in the contest by knowing the opponent and following their achievements. I get it. I think we all do, but it IS majorly flawed. Then again, so is having a bye in your playoffs. People will say "well, that's one week you can't lose" but it is also one week you could have eliminated the team you needed to. Your players get no benefit from it. If nothing else, It's a week where you can sit on "bye" and watch your stud get lost for the season. All in all, leagues need to try to find ways to support the better teams in leagues to make it worth the work of the entire season. I have played in leagues where MFL's all-play is used more. I think that makes sense. Rewarding teams that scored more points is always something worth considering over a H2H game. I am sure if enough people really gave it some thought, there would be some clever solutions but we tend to be like lemmings and just keep following that same path that was trailblazed for us 30 years ago.
I like H2H, it's just a different game. I don't have to worry about scoring against the whole league every week. I like setting my lineup to beat one other guy's. I can offset players or strategize or make late game moves to increase my chances. I can build my roster on draft day to take advantage of byes in non-divisional games. I like thinking about how my players will score against his players every week.

I get total points, but it's just not as fun to me. And I had both the best record and most points this season, but the wins felt better.

And I feel if you're going to play total points, why not make it best ball, too? Seems like that's only logical.
Understood. I know a lot of people think the same. Myself, I am torn. I spent all season thinking how stupid it is that ON THE ONE WEEK I play player X, he plays like a god and the rest of the year is a turd, or how I outscore everyone in the league by 30...except the guy I played, etc, and I am thinking "this is for the birds" but then yesterday, in a new league, I made the playoffs and I'm playing against all the other playoff qualifiers and it was BORING. I can't just root for my guy and root against player x, I am now watching players from 5 other teams and I want my WR to be great...but not his QB (who is on the same team). Yuck.

I need OBJ to outscore Landry by 30+ points (non-PPR) to win the total points title in one league.

In another league, I need him to score 24 or less (0.5 PPR) in order to win the division rather than settle for a wildcard.

The way yesterday went, I suspect he'll do just well enough to screw me in both leagues.

2nd in total points scored this season. Going to be knocked out into the first round with the guy who scored the 3rd fewest and snuck into the playoffs via tiebreaker.

I'd post here if I thought anyone cared about my team <tears> and the THIRD AWESOME RB I LOST THIS YEAR

I FEEL ALL OF YOUR PAIN, AND I LOVE YOU ALL, BROTHERS!

GOD BLESS LEVEON BELL, DION LEWIS, and THOMAS RAWLS! GOD BLESS THE USA! GOD BLESS US ALL!

Main league, most money, most important, blah blah blah:

Lost Ingram mid-week

Lost Rawls in the first half of his game (finished with 4.4).

Lost Blount in the first half of his game (finished with 5.3).

Lost the game by 5.3 in what should've been a 20-point win.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

I share in the RB pain. At one point, I had Charles, Dion Lewis, Chris Johnson, JStew & Blount on a single team. Of course the first 3 have been lost to IR, and the last two were kind of afterthoughts for me until the 2nd half of the season. Of course I'd lose both JStew & Blount in-game this week. I sneaked by w/ a win, but have zero clue how I'm gonna scrape together a RB corps given the fact I'm almost out of FAAB (we don't do waiver wire nor $0 bids in this league). I'll have to count on guys like Matt Jones & Duke Johnson. I'm ####ed.

Lost by 0.5 points

Rawls looked great early and went down.

Opponent got the fluky Marshall TD and then to give him the win Blount goes down which allows him to get a TD with James White on his only carry of the night.

League 1 - 6 make the playoffs, 2 divisions. I had the most points on the season (by almost 100) and best record @ 11-2, but someone else in my division was also 11-2 and had a better division record so he gets the bye and 1st place money. (8-4 team in the other division also gets a bye). I go in a small favorite to the 3 vs 6 game, but my Freeman/Julio/Rodgers led team got stomped by Cam/Lacy/Alshon. Have never won this league in 12 years of trying, and after feeling great about my team all season am left with nothing.

Leage 2 - 8 make the playoffs, I'm in the 4-5 game and a 15 point favorite going in. I run into Doug Baldwin and James Starks, my opponent outscores his projections by 30 points, and barring a 4 TD Lamar Miller performance today I am going to score the 2nd most points in the league this week, but lose to the team that scored the most.

Kinda hate this game right now.

ive been pretty lucky with injuries this year. Sure I lost Bell, but was lucky enough to pick DWill up the week before the injury.

Got a little scare this weekend when JStew had a foot problem. Guess he's fine

Rolling DWill, Martin, Stewart, Woodhead, and now Droughns out has been pretty painless

I'm sure I just jinxed myself

Good luck everybody

Led 12 PPR team league by 2 games... outscored next closest team by 20+% despite losing Charles, Foster and Lewis.

Eliminated in first round thanks to Calvin/Hopkins/Fitz/Eifert collectively taking a dump.

HATE leagues where 1-seed doesn't get bye.

On my way to losing in two leagues, both against teams with high score of the week, and ending my season.

In my third league, well, never really had a chance.

OBJ needs to save me tonight. 12/14/2014 was very good for him. Just dial that one up again and all is forgiven with the fantasy Gods.

shadyridr said:
Shutout said:
Bye week and lost Ingram and Rawls
I've never understood "Bye weeks" in ff. I guess you can't take a loss but if there are 5 things that can come of it, 4 of them are bad.
Whether I had the bye week or not had no affect on a guy getting hurt. I still moved on to the next round even with the injury. So name one thing bad that can come out of a bye week.
After ripping through my big money league with only one loss and averaging 130 point per week (90 is a great week in our scoring system)...I long for a bye because I'm losing to the crappiest 8th seed ever. Crazy.

Stupid ####### Fbg. Pulled Hightower at the last minute because they had spiller higher. Cost me the season. #### this hobby.

In my money league, I needed to win this week to get into the playoffs. I was up by 29 points going into tonight and my opponent only had one player left to go. Unfortunately, that one player was Odell Beckham, Jr. :ptts: :kicksrock:

Yeah. Myself for continuing to play this hobby that brings no real joy to my life but sucks up a ton of time I could spend with my kids.

Guy in my league lost the last playoff spot by 0.8 points on a season total points tiebreaker, and he had Lamar Miller who disappeared in the 2nd half.

Needed 36.4 from ODB tonight. Got 35.6.

8 yards or 1 more catch from anyone on my team and I'm in the semis. :wall:

#1 seed here and defending champ. Dalton's injury likely cost me the game. I could have overcome it maybe if Hopkins and Julio hadn't come up small for me.

I need OBJ to outscore Landry by 30+ points (non-PPR) to win the total points title in one league.

In another league, I need him to score 24 or less (0.5 PPR) in order to win the division rather than settle for a wildcard.

The way yesterday went, I suspect he'll do just well enough to screw me in both leagues.
I ####### called it :rant: :hot: :wall:

Lost the points title 1561-1551 thanks to Rawls, Draughn, Ingram, Dez, Hopkins all getting hurt and/or crapping the bed in the same week.

Lost the division game by 7.7

:rant: :hot: :wall:

ADalton

APeterson

DFreeman

MIngram

DHopkins

DThomas

AJGreen

DBryant

JBrown

TKelce

SGostkowski

Leading points all season...I don't know that I could ever build a better team again.

Lost in the first round to TGinn, EManning, MFloyd, DJohnson and Willie F'ing Tye!

Unbelievable.

Already lost Foster & Dion Lewis...then this week both JStew & Leg Blount go down to injury, probably missing time. I know Blount hasn't been productive lately, but damn. Him also being hurt was like a kick to my groin when I was already down. FML

Watched the Total points leader get taken down by the 12th seed in a blowout, from my comfy bye week armchair, thats the way baseball goes.

On to round 2 in both of my two leagues.

My money league team is (PPR):

Cam/Luck

ADP/Gore/West/Draughn

ODB/Jeffrey/Marshall/Amendola/Sanders

Walker/Gates

I like my chances.

Started 2-4. Stayed near the top in points.

Now I haven't lost in 8 weeks, I'm top in total points by almost 200, and cruising into the Championship with a chance to win my 5th in 15 years of my Redraft.

Let's. Go.

My guys:

QB T. Brady

RB A. Peterson, T. Yeldon T. Hightower?

WR O. Beckham, C. Johnson, E. Decker

TE G. Barnidge

K C. Boswell

DST Panthers (But maybe Pats or Bengals this week)

Users who are viewing this thread