What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Think I won 5 of my 6 superbowls I was in. Got really lucky playing against Cam, big ben, Wilson, brady, Rodgers in the leagues. Played Gillisee over Gurley in the league I had OBJ suspended, also picked up Keyshawn-sleeshawn martin to replace him. Feeling pretty darn good ;)
In a nutshell, this is why it makes no sense to play ff. You just won games against the year long, consistent league elites using duct taped spare parts. Congrats, you were the best team this year. *eye roll*. Not picking on you, just the perfect example. I won a league yesterday using an idp player who I picked up a month ago and started him one time this year but his one fluke big play was all the difference. My resume were all backups because starters were hurt. Dez was out and etc.

In a nutshell, all across the land, leagues were won over and over with teams that had nothing to do with what we spent january-september assembling.
Maybe a fairer way of playing would be to combine Daily and Seasonal. I don't kno if this is already done but you still play head to head but the two owners select new teams each week. That way it's truly your drafted team vs my drafted team. That would also eliminate trading and waiver wire

Think I won 5 of my 6 superbowls I was in. Got really lucky playing against Cam, big ben, Wilson, brady, Rodgers in the leagues. Played Gillisee over Gurley in the league I had OBJ suspended, also picked up Keyshawn-sleeshawn martin to replace him. Feeling pretty darn good ;)
In a nutshell, this is why it makes no sense to play ff. You just won games against the year long, consistent league elites using duct taped spare parts. Congrats, you were the best team this year. *eye roll*.

Not picking on you, just the perfect example. I won a league yesterday using an idp player who I picked up a month ago and started him one time this year but his one fluke big play was all the difference. My resume were all backups because starters were hurt. Dez was out and etc.

In a nutshell, all across the land, leagues were won over and over with teams that had nothing to do with what we spent january-september assembling.
3 of the wins were dynasty teams but certainly a lot of luck was involved as well. I have no problem admitting it......

Eli = 1 point, Bortles = 46 points.

Unfortunately I am the team with Eli and he started Bortles.

Most points on the year, oh well.

Two really incredibly bad losses yesterday. One on the last play of the game. A dump off from Bortles to Robinson. Lost by less than a point on that one. Does not help M. Bryant put up a 2 for me.

The other really comes down to a 50yd run by a 3rd string RB on the Bills at the end of the game. In this league anything over 50 is a double. 17 point play. I had built a monster team this year. Losing Rawls really hurt. Having Dez really hurt this year and not being able to trust Miller down the stretch really sucked as well.

Overall Pitt performance yesterday put a nail in my coffin in 3 championships. M. Bryant in two leagues was garbage and not the typical performance from Brown but can't complain about him. He looked like he was one of two guys who showed up.

Always feels like a bad hangover. More so this year as losing 2/3 and probably the other tonight for a 3/4 losing effort. :banned: :hot:

week 15 stat correction

Denard robinson had 41 yds rushing, not 28

Means I lost by .3, not 1.6

Thanks again Amendola for your -.7

Would of destroyed in the final this week 161-79

Down 9.4 - With AJ Green in a PPR. Win or lose and he's the reason.

Today however. Tyrod had a crap game, I didn't grab Cousins early enough. I could have picked up Randle and played him over Green and won. I could have played Lockett. Terrible management. I could have grabbed Powell over White but went with White. Lacy, Allen on my bench. KC DST only 5 points. Hopkins and Cooks had a good game.

Fingers crossed. Relying on the AJ's on the road.

Opponent started Tyrod over Bree's, which was enough to offset my losing OBJ and Dez. Wish the league didn't play thru week 17 but at least I'm there. And CAR losing should mean Cam plays next week

The "new guy" in our league spent $55 on aaron rodgers and $30 on russel wilson in a start 1 QB league ($200 auction budget for the draft). He's going to win the league. :mellow:

Benched Rodgers and picked up Cousins off waivers and started him. Difference between the two was the margin of victory.

Not that much of a reach but my heart was having problems with benching a likely Hall of Famer in the Superbowl for YOU LIKE THAT.

I did. I did like that.

I thought this was my year after years of not winning: #1 regular season record and grabbed and started David Johnson last week so though the stars had aligned. Yesterday I had literally season worst performances from all the players who got me to the title (except DJ).

Frustrating, but at least I lost to the #2 team all year and got killed instead of holding onto hope or losing by a hair. I technically haven't lost yet but am down 76 (lol) with Thomas and Sanders going tonight.

PO'd about the entire Baldwin hammy coming down to the last minute. Bad timing with travel etc. Benched him for a BU that played well but there is a 12 point differential.

Really cannot explain the absolute hate I have for the entire Eagles team this year especially the defense that just gave Cousins the ability to put numbers up at will.

Some tough "championship" numbers from players that are supposed to be elite - Brown, Big Ben, Brady, Cam...

I won 2 out of 3 Super Bowls. I lost one due to a sick game by the Arizona Defense and the fact Diggs could not catch just 3 more balls for 30 yards or just score a TD.

A great year for me and a perfect way to sail off into the sunset. I am officially retired from FF.

See y'all in the FFA.

League 1 - Scored 192 and won in a blowout despite a dud game from Brady. Every single starter scored in double digits, even K and D.

League 2 - Was down 18 with Walsh and Demaryius left vs none for him going into Sunday night. Got 23 from Walsh alone. Still could use a big game from Demaryius to help with total points and all-play record, as top 3 in those also get money.

League 3 - Need Demaryius to outscore Marvin Jones by 17 (PPR). Probably not happening. Would be easier if I'd made better choices at RB2 and Flex, as any 2 of Gillislee, Miller and Riddick would have been better than Shoelace and Boldin.

League 4 - Got blown out. Oh well, it's the free casual league and I won it the past two years.

League 5 - Went 1-12. The one team I beat went on to win the title. LOL.

99% fav to win one. Lost the other for sure. Both 14 team leagues. Got down on myself yesterday for not playing the best lineup but wouldn't have mattered anyway so I don't feel bad now. Just ran into a buzz saw. I'll take it. Successful year.

Be back in August.

Opponent started Tyrod over Bree's, which was enough to offset my losing OBJ and Dez. Wish the league didn't play thru week 17 but at least I'm there. And CAR losing should mean Cam plays next week
Carolina losing means,they have NOTHING to play for. Cam might play a half and thats it..They won't risk injury when the game is meaningless!

Carolina losing means,they have NOTHING to play for. Cam might play a half and thats it..They won't risk injury when the game is meaningless!
Carolina has to win (or Cardinals need to lose) for them to have home field throughout the playoffs. Or at least I'm 99% sure that is the case.

Carolina has to win (or Cardinals need to lose) for them to have home field throughout the playoffs. Or at least I'm 99% sure that is the case.
I just validated and you are correct. Carolina would not have the tiebreaker over Arizona beacause Carolina would have 2 NFC losses to Arizona's one (if Car lost next week and Arz won). So they are still playing for something, for sure.

Picked 12th in a 12-team snake draft PPR league and had to take Luck and Demaryius and then Ingram and Gore at the 3/4 turn. I was not looking forward to the season. Struggled all year and barely got the sixth and final spot in the playoffs at 6 -7, winning in weeks 12 and 13 ( by .3 point in Week 13). Thanks to Bortles to Robinson, Michael Floyd, KC D and a mix and match roster, following much of the good advice here (Mahalo Bloom!), I won a very tough league. Very gratifying. Humbling game though - I need to win in Week 17(!) in my other league to avoid paying for the dreaded Toilet Bowl Dinner, which cost last year's loser $4K.

Would like to thank my studs for leading me to victory this season in my 12 team dyno

Roethlisberger, Bortles, Gurley, Ivory, ARob, Hurns, Nuk, Evans, DT, JT and my MVP Tim freaking Hightower

Was playing against D. Thomas in PPR league. Had OBJ sitting.

Thank you Denver kicker.....lost by 1.
I was praying he made it too since I was 6 yards away from getting a 2 point hit for Denver defense which would have put me behind by .1

I got lucky in OT though and they held. Brutal to lose by 1 point in OT on Monday night. Sorry dude.

Made playoffs in 8 of 9 leagues (4 Dyno, 5 Redraft). Two #1 seeds eliminated prior to finals last week and one #1 seed loses in the finals. One really solid team (Palmer, Gurley, DeAngelo, etc.) loses by .3 points in the semis last week. Also had two teams eliminated in the semis by playing Javorious Allen at flex Last week over just about any player on my bench in BOTH leagues. It wasn't looking good.....

Then my #5 and #3 seeds win championships in my local leagues, We have physical trophies and a solid mix of owners including some really knowledgable ones. Not how I drew it up, but I'll trade the other losses for these big wins. One of the craziest finishes in recent memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost by 2 points because of the missed kick, against Demaryius. It's alright though, the other guy scored more points than me. I've got another championship to play in next Sunday because the commish is a noob, lol.

Hopefully I can win that one.

I started out 0-5, and then won every game since then. Made the playoffs, and ended up winning it with 11 in a row. My roster pretty much stayed the same, but it just started working in my favor.

Crazy game...

Was playing against D. Thomas in PPR league. Had OBJ sitting.

Thank you Denver kicker.....lost by 1.
I was praying he made it too since I was 6 yards away from getting a 2 point hit for Denver defense which would have put me behind by .1

I got lucky in OT though and they held. Brutal to lose by 1 point in OT on Monday night. Sorry dude.
Hey a couple more guys and we could have a support group. We do decimal scoring so I actually lost by .92 on that OT kick. Up to that point I'd only lost one game all year.

I could find that lost point anywhere on my roster but I choose to blame my OBJ replacement Stefon Diggs.

It just feels right.

Feel like the entire weekend conspired against me, in addition to my poor decision making.

started S.Watkins over AJ Green.

started C.Barth over McManus

Big Ben was my QB

David Johnson got pulled due to Cardinals dominance

my opponent got a late Brady to J.White (both of whom he started)

my opponent got a 2-yd J.Brown td (that's not his game, right?)

in the end, still had the Denver D to hopefully bring me back

Lost by 1 point.

17 years in this dynasty league, now 0-3 in the championship game. I don't think there's the proper emoticon(s) to insert.

Sweating stat corrections now because I benched Baldwin for Mike Evans (and played Charcnado over McFadden)

Lost a title because of the move I made...moreover the one I didn't.

Odd league with very limited moves...so a guy like David Johnson was available. Old league, TD only scoring.

Picked up Johnson to play with Freeman (instead of Lamar Miller).

Had considered picking up Cousins instead (rode Eli even without Beckham.

Well...Miller scores making the Johnson pickup a 0 gain.

Eli throws one, Cousins throws 4...12 point difference. I lost by 5.

That move...or had I just played the Cardinals D/ST over St. Louis...that was more about believing my Packers and how they don't turn it over as much and had not had many returned for TDs (I think Rodgers is on some streak for INTs not returned)...never would have thought they would give up 2. Thought I was a genius when St. Louis got the early score...then...oof.

Cost me a title. Im stupid.

Feel like the entire weekend conspired against me, in addition to my poor decision making.

Lost by 1 point.

17 years in this dynasty league, now 0-3 in the championship game. I don't think there's the proper emoticon(s) to insert.
Dude, I feel for you, I really do.

In my oldest/longest "still running" league, we have played it continuously since 2007.

Thats nine years.

I have made the playoffs 7 of the 9 years, and never won a championship.

(this includes also having most overall points AND best record BOTH in AT LEAST 4 of those seasons)

In fact, I have never even won the first week of the playoffs in that league, all seven years.

Its uncanny, and I'm just snake bit in that league.

The good news though, is thats by far my smallest $$$ league, so its just a small irritant.

Finally cranked off 2 championships last year in big $$$ leagues, and yet another one this year. :excited:

Its coming sooner or later brother.

Who knows, maybe you will get a stat correction today in your favor~!

TZM

Crazy weekend...My opponent had amazing games by D Willy, D ####### Brees, and B Walsh. C Dunlap did everything he could, but I lost 224.75 vs 224.55.

.20 points.... :wall: :X :(

Lost by 1 point.

Dude, I feel for you, I really do.

In my oldest/longest "still running" league, we have played it continuously since 2007.

Thats nine years.

I have made the playoffs 7 of the 9 years, and never won a championship.

(this includes also having most overall points AND best record BOTH in AT LEAST 4 of those seasons)

In fact, I have never even won the first week of the playoffs in that league, all seven years.

Its uncanny, and I'm just snake bit in that league.

The good news though, is thats by far my smallest $$$ league, so its just a small irritant.

Finally cranked off 2 championships last year in big $$$ leagues, and yet another one this year. :excited:

Its coming sooner or later brother.

Who knows, maybe you will get a stat correction today in your favor~!

TZM
Thanks, GB.

I've won my share of the other leagues I'm in. Just not this one, the only dynasty league and the one most important to me and my buddies.

First one in my league to get the clean sweep! Most points, best record and SUPER BOWL CHAMP! Thank you to ridiculous games from Blair Walsh and Carlos Dunlap to seal the deal by 5 points! And thanks Ben and Carolina for making this week interesting ...

Feels good to be the champ!

Not sure I have seen this happen. MNF game was over, I "won" by 1.45 points when i fell asleep at 12:30am. Woke up at 7am to see I lost by .05 because they credited S.Williams, safety from Cincy, with a pass defensed worth 1.5points.

Stings a little, $500 swing. :(

Not sure I have seen this happen. MNF game was over, I "won" by 1.45 points when i fell asleep at 12:30am. Woke up at 7am to see I lost by .05 because they credited S.Williams, safety from Cincy, with a pass defensed worth 1.5points.

Stings a little, $500 swing. :(
Oh man....friggin OUCH!

It was a frustrating and fun season. Glad I could survive the numerous mistakes I made this season...dropping Cam Newton (one of my worst fantasy football decisions ever), Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Charcandrick West, Allen Hurns (we instituted a four spot bench this season that caused me to make impatient decisions on guys)...and survive the numerous injuries to LeVeon Bell, Mark Ingram, Justin Forsett, and Dion Lewis...shocked I hung in there. I owe this year's championship to DeAngelo Williams, David Johnson, and Kirk Cousins down the stretch.

4 peat!!!!
You in a league with your house pets??
. It does happen! I've been playing in the same big money league,since 1987,I had a 4 peat from 97-2000. And play with hardcore players,some fly to Vegas and play in huge money leagues.we all football junkies. It can happen winning 4 championships in a row.its just alot harder now,with all the football internet info.
A guy in my dynasty league 5-peated (2003-2007). He had the best team over that time, but also an inconceivable amount of luck for that to happen.

Haven't seen anything about DWill yet but he got credited with a fumble. I held my lead but only by .73....I bet there are some sore folks out there.

Users who are viewing this thread