What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bros Icing Bros (1 Viewer)

This thing took Brooklyn by storm last night. Got iced hard (32oz) by my future bro in law.  We were all out at a big birthday dinner and after Otis was shooting off his mouth about how fantastic this new icing craze is, he slipped out the front door to a deli, slipped back in, and treated me to a handful of goodness.  Took a knee, took my punishment. Others realized he had 3 more bad boys on deck in his bag, swiped them while he was out smokin a Johnny, and we nailed the bro with TWO OF HIS OWN ICES!  Epic. Otis talked a lot of trash and was reveling in this massive revenge-icing (a dish best served lukewarm, #####es!) only to discover that WHAM - the bro actually had one more in his bag we missed. I got blocked, and just like that, double iced, in a bad way, after i was talking uber trash.  Major, major ownage.

Another bro we're there with buys into the craze, and slips out to get a six pack. He comes up to us with two of em in his pockets holster-style like John Wayne and proceeds to start icing bros EVERYWHERE. Carnage.  One bro we were with is short on cash these days and actually WANTED to be iced, which was pretty crazy.  

I feel like hell after all that icing. We'll be seeing the same crew tonight at a barbecue. I am stocking up a trunkload of ice in the Omobile, if only for defensive purposes. We need some sort of peace treaty here. 

This is pretty much the best thing I can remember happening to the world since I found the FFA.   

This thing took Brooklyn by storm last night. Got iced hard (32oz) by my future bro in law.  We were all out at a big birthday dinner and after Otis was shooting off his mouth about how fantastic this new icing craze is, he slipped out the front door to a deli, slipped back in, and treated me to a handful of goodness.  Took a knee, took my punishment. Others realized he had 3 more bad boys on deck in his bag, swiped them while he was out smokin a Johnny, and we nailed the bro with TWO OF HIS OWN ICES!  Epic. Otis talked a lot of trash and was reveling in this massive revenge-icing (a dish best served lukewarm, #####es!) only to discover that WHAM - the bro actually had one more in his bag we missed. I got blocked, and just like that, double iced, in a bad way, after i was talking uber trash.  Major, major ownage. Another bro we're there with buys into the craze, and slips out to get a six pack. He comes up to us with two of em in his pockets holster-style like John Wayne and proceeds to start icing bros EVERYWHERE. Carnage.  One bro we were with is short on cash these days and actually WANTED to be iced, which was pretty crazy.  I feel like hell after all that icing. We'll be seeing the same crew tonight at a barbecue. I am stocking up a trunkload of ice in the Omobile, if only for defensive purposes. We need some sort of peace treaty here. This is pretty much the best thing I can remember happening to the world since I found the FFA.   
Quite a crazy group of bros you run with.

Better than having to drink beer.
I feel bad for you, but I feel even worse for your father, who probably wishes he had a son.
He is dead but I am sure he died from embarrassment as his son did not drink and not only beer but any alcohol at that. I wish the high school mentality about drinking would haves stayed in high school but alas, people still think they are cool because they drink and get drunk (and maybe that isn't even you). I find it sad and very pathetic that people need to drink to have a good time and though I am in the minority about such things, I really don't have any regrets. Alcohol does more harm than good and I wish the prohibition period would come back.

Sorry, but I grew up around men, not metrosexuals. If one of my buddies had an Ice in his hand we would presume he had gone "not that there is much wrong with that". If he offered it to me I would presume he had propositioned me. The appropriate response would be to kick his ###, piss on his prostrate remains, and then go have a shot and a beer on his credit card which would have been taken from his unconcious form and used to buy many rounds at a bar or tavern, not some "club".

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad for you, but I feel even worse for your father, who probably wishes he had a son.
He is dead but I am sure he died from embarrassment as his son did not drink and not only beer but any alcohol at that. I wish the high school mentality about drinking would haves stayed in high school but alas, people still think they are cool because they drink and get drunk (and maybe that isn't even you). I find it sad and very pathetic that people need to drink to have a good time and though I am in the minority about such things, I really don't have any regrets. Alcohol does more harm than good and I wish the prohibition period would come back.
My response to you was in jest, and I'm glad it seems that you took it that way.I don't think I am cool because I drink or get drunk, nor do I need alcohol to have a good time. But I find that alcohol can liven things up, can make good times better, can make bad times more tolerable, and can make women more likely to have sex and more likely to do crazier things in bed than they might ordinarily be game for.All of those things are awesome.I don't "need" alcohol to have a good time or to get laid or anything else. But it certainly helps.

This thing took Brooklyn by storm last night. Got iced hard (32oz) by my future bro in law.  We were all out at a big birthday dinner and after Otis was shooting off his mouth about how fantastic this new icing craze is, he slipped out the front door to a deli, slipped back in, and treated me to a handful of goodness.  Took a knee, took my punishment. Others realized he had 3 more bad boys on deck in his bag, swiped them while he was out smokin a Johnny, and we nailed the bro with TWO OF HIS OWN ICES!  Epic. Otis talked a lot of trash and was reveling in this massive revenge-icing (a dish best served lukewarm, #####es!) only to discover that WHAM - the bro actually had one more in his bag we missed. I got blocked, and just like that, double iced, in a bad way, after i was talking uber trash.  Major, major ownage. Another bro we're there with buys into the craze, and slips out to get a six pack. He comes up to us with two of em in his pockets holster-style like John Wayne and proceeds to start icing bros EVERYWHERE. Carnage.  One bro we were with is short on cash these days and actually WANTED to be iced, which was pretty crazy.  I feel like hell after all that icing. We'll be seeing the same crew tonight at a barbecue. I am stocking up a trunkload of ice in the Omobile, if only for defensive purposes. We need some sort of peace treaty here. This is pretty much the best thing I can remember happening to the world since I found the FFA.   
I'm checking the Greyhound website right now for prices on tickets from Cali to NY.

Quite a crazy group of bros you run with.
No doubt, bro.

This thing took Brooklyn by storm last night. Got iced hard (32oz) by my future bro in law.  We were all out at a big birthday dinner and after Otis was shooting off his mouth about how fantastic this new icing craze is, he slipped out the front door to a deli, slipped back in, and treated me to a handful of goodness.  Took a knee, took my punishment. Others realized he had 3 more bad boys on deck in his bag, swiped them while he was out smokin a Johnny, and we nailed the bro with TWO OF HIS OWN ICES!  Epic. Otis talked a lot of trash and was reveling in this massive revenge-icing (a dish best served lukewarm, #####es!) only to discover that WHAM - the bro actually had one more in his bag we missed. I got blocked, and just like that, double iced, in a bad way, after i was talking uber trash.  Major, major ownage.

Another bro we're there with buys into the craze, and slips out to get a six pack. He comes up to us with two of em in his pockets holster-style like John Wayne and proceeds to start icing bros EVERYWHERE. Carnage.  One bro we were with is short on cash these days and actually WANTED to be iced, which was pretty crazy.  

I feel like hell after all that icing. We'll be seeing the same crew tonight at a barbecue. I am stocking up a trunkload of ice in the Omobile, if only for defensive purposes. We need some sort of peace treaty here. 

This is pretty much the best thing I can remember happening to the world since I found the FFA.   
:bag: you shoot your mouth off without a ice block of your own then you deserved the ownage.

Got a text from future bro in law who started the ice-off last night. He's asking that we have a moratorium on icing today given everyone's state today after a brutal night last night. That's what he thinks -- I'm getting the Omobile trunk stocked to the gills with some warm fuzzy ammunition, if nothing else for the scare effect, so I can avoid more of this and this.

Don't ice me, bro.

Got a text from future bro in law who started the ice-off last night. He's asking that we have a moratorium on icing today given everyone's state today after a brutal night last night. That's what he thinks -- I'm getting the Omobile trunk stocked to the gills with some warm fuzzy ammunition, if nothing else for the scare effect, so I can avoid more of this, this, and this.

Don't ice me, bro.
He's scare that you'll seek revenge and he is right. :unsure:

O what cameraphone has that effect. been diggin some of the pics you and the girl have been posting on FB. Pretty solid effects kit.

Or ya using reg camera and running a Pshop Filter setup?

]O what cameraphone has that effect. been diggin some of the pics you and the girl have been posting on FB. Pretty solid effects kit. Or ya using reg camera and running a Pshop Filter setup?
Pretty simple GB - the Mrs has an iPhone, its the hipstamatic app. Takes awesome retro looking pics.

]O what cameraphone has that effect. been diggin some of the pics you and the girl have been posting on FB. Pretty solid effects kit. Or ya using reg camera and running a Pshop Filter setup?
Pretty simple GB - the Mrs has an iPhone, its the hipstamatic app. Takes awesome retro looking pics.
:unsure: Good deal

You seem like a fun guy to party with.

Eviloutsider's feelings about birthdays: Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not

to be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we areto the bitter end. Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing

Eviloutsider's feelings about birthdays: Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's notto be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we areto the bitter end. Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing
WTF were you talking about? :angry:

You seem like a fun guy to party with.
I like to wear party hats, does that make things any better?

Sorry, but I grew up around men, not metrosexuals. If one of my buddies had an Ice in his hand we would presume he had gone "not that there is much wrong with that". If he offered it to me I would presume he had propositioned me. The appropriate response would be to kick his ###, piss on his prostrate remains, and then go have a shot and a beer on his credit card which would have been taken from his unconcious form and used to buy many rounds at a bar or tavern, not some "club".
I like your style...

Ice is pretty super, but isn't that the whole point of this craze. Making your friends consume crappy, malted beverage for all to see.

Ice is pretty super, but isn't that the whole point of this craze. Making your friends consume crappy, malted beverage for all to see.
Not to mention ownage and carnage.

The other night at dinner I hollowed out a loaf of bread from the bottom, jammed an ice in, and put everything back together so that it looked (relatively) normal. Right before the meal started I asked a bro to cut the bread for the table. As he sliced the knife into the loaf and heard the characteristic clank of the metal on glass, he knew he was being served the most embarrassing appetizer of all.

So what's the penalty if you try to Ice someone but accidentally use a Budweiser?

Besides all the embarrassment and ridicule and :rolleyes: I mean, naturally that's a given, but what's the penalty?

I know there has to be one.

cant tell if i like this or not.

it seems like it could get very annoying.

edit: I also have a bad feeling that this going to migrate over to facebook and people are gonna be able to ice their bros digitally.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
This :bye: I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.

Otis said:
:goodposting:

DW, I have to respectfully disagree with you here. This is hardly metrosexual. If anything, it's an acknowledgment of just how awful that stuff is. It's a gag from one good beer drinker to another, sticking it to him by making him chug this swill publicly. It's like booking a freshman in high school, or getting pantsed. Is it juvenile? Surely. College frat-ish? You betcha. But it's not metrosexual in the least bit. I'm always up for anything that forces grown men to kick back and act like fellas again. No, not fellas. Bros.

This is fantastic.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
This :fishing: I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.
Way to not get the entire point.

DW, I have to respectfully disagree with you here. This is hardly metrosexual. If anything, it's an acknowledgment of just how awful that stuff is. It's a gag from one good beer drinker to another, sticking it to him by making him chug this swill publicly. It's like booking a freshman in high school, or getting pantsed. Is it juvenile? Surely. College frat-ish? You betcha. But it's not metrosexual in the least bit. I'm always up for anything that forces grown men to kick back and act like fellas again. No, not fellas. Bros.

This is fantastic.
You don't have to respectfully do anything when it comes to me GB. I am a codger and you are the generation currently in charge. You need to fight against codgerism or you will succomb to it. Fight, Fight I say, against the dying of the light.

When I was in law school my housemates and I had a Saturday tradition. The first one to stir from their booze coma would go to the fridge, get cans of beer and go around to the others rooms. That person would pop open the can, open the bedroom door of the others one by one, and toss the open can toward the bed. Either you woke at the sound of an opening beer can and caught it or you had an open cold beer in your bed. The ritual played out regardless of chicks in your bed.

Users who are viewing this thread