What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bros Icing Bros (1 Viewer)

Blocking can get ridiculous if two people are armed with 1+.... so...

If I ice you and am blocked. Can I reblock if I have a 2nd on me?

Last edited by a moderator:
10 years ago, I was in Brussels on a Sunday morning, about 9 AM local. Trying desperately to buy a 750 of Jack Daniel's, but my Visa card was rebuffed (despite my proclamations of "I thought this was everywhere I want to be !)

I panhandled among my friends and managed to scrape up 200 beF (Belgian Francs.) This doesn't go very far. I'm scrambling around the liquor store trying to find something quickly since my train to Amsterdam is leaving in 3 minutes, when I see it. Smirnoff Ice. Had no idea what it was (don't even think they were sold in the US at the time) - but they were 65 beF each. I bought three of them and brought them onto the train. My bro (actual brother) was next to me hurting from the hangover we had from illegally drinking a liter of Jack we bought at the duty free store in the Newark airport and the 20+ airplane bottles the Scandinavian male flight attendant gave us to try to knock us out (to what end, I'm not sure.) I offered Yams a Smirnoff Ice. He was white as a ghost and in need of a boost, but he declined. I drank all three of them and got to Amsterdam feeling great. He, meanwhile, threw up all over the bathroom on the train and passed out 30 minutes after arriving at the Hotel Toren. While he slept, I drank cappuccino and mind erasers and smoked AK-47 and Temple black hash from a vaporizer all night.

Moral of the story : Sometimes it's better to BE iced than to ice someone else. Had my bro followed the etiquette outlined here, he might have been OK. Instead, I iced myself and had a great time while he napped.

Blocking can get ridiculous if two people are armed with 1+.... so...If I ice you and am blocked. Can I reblock if I have a 2nd on me?
It's not really a "reblock" though, since you didn't get iced -- your ice just got blocked. So in this case I say you're sucking down 2 as a penalty. Bottom line -- be careful about which bros you try to ice.

DW, I have to respectfully disagree with you here. This is hardly metrosexual. If anything, it's an acknowledgment of just how awful that stuff is. It's a gag from one good beer drinker to another, sticking it to him by making him chug this swill publicly. It's like booking a freshman in high school, or getting pantsed. Is it juvenile? Surely. College frat-ish? You betcha. But it's not metrosexual in the least bit. I'm always up for anything that forces grown men to kick back and act like fellas again. No, not fellas. Bros.

This is fantastic.
Exactly. In April, when the theme for one of our nights out during the annual golf trip was "Low Rise Skinny Emo Blue Jeans and Tight Wolf Shirts", the 14 of us who donned them and descended on downtown Austin did so knowing it wasn't necesarily the coolest look in the world, but it was mandated by the trip organizer. A bunch of 40 year olds turning back the clock to the days when life wasn't such serious business is a good thing every so often. :shrug:

Glad to see some icing went down this weekend.

I tried to Ice a bro of mine at a AA baseball game this weekend. I have been drinking Bud all night and about the 6th inning I went to order an Ice.

me: I need a smirnoff

Guy: you've got to be kidding me

me: nope I need a smirnoff

Guy: I have to go all the way in the back and theyre probably hot

me: thats perfect

Guy: :rolls eyes and walks off:

meanwhile the line grows and I get some dirty looks,

guy: I cant find any smiroff, bro.

me: fine, give me another bud.

:shrug:

Blocking can get ridiculous if two people are armed with 1+.... so...If I ice you and am blocked. Can I reblock if I have a 2nd on me?
It's not really a "reblock" though, since you didn't get iced -- your ice just got blocked. So in this case I say you're sucking down 2 as a penalty. Bottom line -- be careful about which bros you try to ice.
I'm with you and that's why I have an Ice in my suit pocket today.You're too close for comfort 6 blocks away....

I'm with you and that's why I have an Ice in my suit pocket today.You're too close for comfort 6 blocks away....
:shrug:

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Sorry, but I grew up around men, not metrosexuals. If one of my buddies had an Ice in his hand we would presume he had gone "not that there is much wrong with that". If he offered it to me I would presume he had propositioned me. The appropriate response would be to kick his ###, piss on his prostrate remains, and then go have a shot and a beer on his credit card which would have been taken from his unconcious form and used to buy many rounds at a bar or tavern, not some "club".
This :coffee: I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.
This as well. :goodposting:If you're gonna pull this stunt, at least do it with something you actually have to gag down like a Shlitz. :goodposting:

I really may start hanging out in front of random FBG places of work and worship with ice on hand, ready to annihilate bros in the most public and embarrassing environments. Eyes up, bros.

DW, I have to respectfully disagree with you here. This is hardly metrosexual. If anything, it's an acknowledgment of just how awful that stuff is. It's a gag from one good beer drinker to another, sticking it to him by making him chug this swill publicly. It's like booking a freshman in high school, or getting pantsed. Is it juvenile? Surely. College frat-ish? You betcha. But it's not metrosexual in the least bit. I'm always up for anything that forces grown men to kick back and act like fellas again. No, not fellas. Bros.

This is fantastic.
I think O is hitting his mid-life crisis a little early.

Sorry, but I grew up around men, not metrosexuals. If one of my buddies had an Ice in his hand we would presume he had gone "not that there is much wrong with that". If he offered it to me I would presume he had propositioned me. The appropriate response would be to kick his ###, piss on his prostrate remains, and then go have a shot and a beer on his credit card which would have been taken from his unconcious form and used to buy many rounds at a bar or tavern, not some "club".
This :lmao:

I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.
This as well. :goodposting: If you're gonna pull this stunt, at least do it with something you actually have to gag down like a Shlitz. :yucky:
Woah woah woah.. nothing wrong with a little schlitz beer every now and then.

This :lmao:

I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.
This as well. :goodposting: If you're gonna pull this stunt, at least do it with something you actually have to gag down like a Shlitz. :yucky:
Obviously you've never had an Ice.

This :confused: I was starting to think that there were no more men on this site.
Obviously you've never had an Ice.
6 of one; half dozen of the other. :coffee:

Sent a warning email out to some of my bros to be ready for this. It's not going over very well.

so i was at a birthday party for my wifes cousin, and i see her husband with a Sam Adams Cream Stout. i ask him where the beer is and he says "last one of these, but there's some other beer in the cooler"i open the cooler and find my choices to be Smirnoff Ice and Michelob Ultra...it was quite the dilema but i opted for the diet beer
So you didn't ice anyone?

so i was at a birthday party for my wifes cousin, and i see her husband with a Sam Adams Cream Stout. i ask him where the beer is and he says "last one of these, but there's some other beer in the cooler"i open the cooler and find my choices to be Smirnoff Ice and Michelob Ultra...it was quite the dilema but i opted for the diet beer
What a lame party, I hope you took the Smirnoff out and started Icing bros.

“There have been over 20 icings so far,” Mr. Rospos, a 25-year-old aerospace engineer said, a beer cozy carrying a warm bottle of Smirnoff Ice clipped to the back of his belt with a carabiner. “You have to watch yourself.”
He makes it sound like there's a hit squad out for people. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread