What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Browns at Colts** (+3.5, 41) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Looks like DeShaun Watson is set to start vs Indy

Good news for Amari Cooper players
Good news for Browns fans trying to salvage the season

I’m currently staying at the Holiday Inn across the street from Lucas Oil stadium. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
Sounds like fun
It's hard to gauge Indy right now
Is JT going to become the RB we all know or is it going to be more teasing
The schedule is not that easy, many who stashed him after drafting hi, the payoff hasn't been there and it's Week 7.
I'm sure it will click soon.

Browns defense has been lock down, will be interesting to see if Minshew can move the football.

I’m having fun joking with a bunch of Browns fans today. Last time I saw Colts vs Browns in person was in 1979 in Cleveland and if the Colts lose 13-10 and our kicker misses 3 field goals and we block a punt for a TD and I get hit in the head with a liquor bottle for celebrating and it bounces on the concrete without breaking, this will be the last Colts game I ever go to.

Last edited:
Crazy things happen but one would think the Browns win this on defense.
21-10
I don’t think the Browns offense scores 21 points. Maybe their defense scores a TD. The Browns offense doesn’t scare me, but their defense does.

Crazy things happen but one would think the Browns win this on defense.
21-10
I don’t think the Browns offense scores 21 points. Maybe their defense scores a TD. The Browns offense doesn’t scare me, but their defense does.
Colts defense hasn’t been stellar and the browns just put 19 against San Fran. Plus, I think Watson is better than Walker.

Browns win 13-10, just like in 1979.

This looks like one for the ages. Colts special teams unit included the incomparable Nesby Glasgow and Bucky Dilts...

In another thread I posted the NFL films highlights of that game. It was in the first game you ever attended thread and in the RIP Butkus thread.

How much confidence should we have in starting Watson? Browns should be ahead most of the game, allowing them to rely on their run game. I worry about that shoulder, how much they push Watson and what the chances of reinjury are.

What run game?
Browns ran for 160 and a TD last week against the Niners.
Browns are ranked 6th in the NFL rushing the ball.
Colts have the number three rusher in the NFL in Zack Moss and Stefanski anticipates we'll see a completely healthy Jonathan Taylor today.
Colts ranked 11th in league rushing.
Both teams can and will run today.

How much confidence should we have in starting Watson? Browns should be ahead most of the game, allowing them to rely on their run game. I worry about that shoulder, how much they push Watson and what the chances of reinjury are.
Zero. I'm starting Stafford over him. Maybe he's fine...maybe the game script goes as you said...maybe he plays one series and decides he doesn't want to play because it doesn't feel right yet. Whatever the case, if you have other options, I think they would be safer

None IMO. It's going to be dink & dunk with a heavy attempt at running the ball. Even when healthy, Watson wasn't lighting the league up so injured I don't expect anything more than a game manager type effort.

What run game?
Browns ran for 160 and a TD last week57 against the Niners.
Browns are ranked 6th in the NFL rushing the ball.
Colts have the number three rusher in the NFL in Zack Moss and Stefanski anticipates we'll see a completely healthy Jonathan Taylor today.
Colts ranked 11th in league rushing.
Both teams can and will run today.
57 seconds in and it looks like a running game.

Are these black Colt helmets a new thing? Don't think I've seen them before. On paper it sounds like it could work but not a fan.

He hasn't played in nearly a month and was listed as questionable. Doesn't take much observational skills to see he can barely throw and has nothing on his passes.
Sit him and put in Walker. Hell, even DTR would look better.

He hasn't played in nearly a month and was listed as questionable. Doesn't take much observational skills to see he can barely throw and has nothing on his passes.
Sit him and put in Walker. Hell, even DTR would look better.
Maybe time to drop him for the last QB on my waiver wire, which would be Minshew or Ridder. Big league, need a backup for bye and possible injury.

Can someone open the roof and let it rain because my god Minshew tearing up the Cle DF I guess maybe it was the rain more than the defense vs SF

Watson's head did hit the ground, but I am not so sure he didn't just hurt his shoulder again...he was running left and tried to throw back to the right. When he was being tended to on the ground, he appeared to be in pain and even lifted his leg and slammed it down at one point...not the typical reaction of a concussed guy

Users who are viewing this thread