What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Vikings at Lions** (-3.5, 46) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Getting a better seed was still too low a percentage to lose your star TE..
If they knew he was going to get hurt, they would have sat him. How do you not play for the 2 seed even if it’s a longshot?
They publicly declared how they value a seed in Dallas by going for 2 from the 7 yard line.

And yes I know they got a play in after that, half the distance to the goal, you're saying you dont want to play OT in that spot.

You had a better chance taking Dallas in OT than hitting that play

Dan Campbell is a leader of men.
So was Jim jones

So classy
Was LaPorta still chasing any stats?

I can't believe this happened I feel dreadful for Detroit but totally self inflicted
Lions trying to get a better seed right?
Would need dal AND phi to lose to go from 3 to 2
yes. Similar to Pittsburgh their odds weren’t good getting in. Don’t assume you won’t better your team chances and sit.
One team is out, one team is in. Thats apples to shoes.

Dan Campbell has taken this team from the depths of being total crap to being a legitimate contender. Nobody cares about the turds you keep dropping.

Khalif Raymond down.
Another injury in a game that likely won’t matter
Tell that to the 5-11 Titans who are beating the Jaguars. You play to win
Uh, unlike the Titans, Detroit has a game to play next weekend. They won’t have months and months to recover.
Uh, not my point.

The Titans just proved that crappy teams with nothing to play for can beat division leaders and completely change the playoff picture.
I didn’t say it was your point. It was my point. And it’s relevant.

If they knew he was going to get hurt, they would have sat him. How do you not play for the 2 seed even if it’s a longshot?
They publicly declared how they value a seed in Dallas by going for 2 from the 7 yard line.

And yes I know they got a play in after that, half the distance to the goal, you're saying you dont want to play OT in that spot.

So was Jim jones

So classy

I can't believe this happened I feel dreadful for Detroit but totally self inflicted
yes. Similar to Pittsburgh their odds weren’t good getting in. Don’t assume you won’t better your team chances and sit.

Dan Campbell has taken this team from the depths of being total crap to being a legitimate contender. Nobody cares about the turds you keep dropping.
Man you're as hard nosed as Dan Campbell!

Hope you're more successful at work than he is, just derailed his own team for nothing but damn did he lead! Right off the cliff.

So was Jim jones

So classy

Hope you're more successful at work than he is, just derailed his own team for nothing but damn did he lead! Right off the cliff.

I hope so. Most season wins in franchise history. First division title in 30 years. First home field playoff game at Ford Field. Pretty damn good accomplishments and it ain't over.

they’re trying to get Josh Reynolds a $250K contract incentive

Josh Reynolds needs just 36 receiving yards to hit 600 for the season and earn a $250,000 bonus

5-44
Came here wondering why Detroit ran that play. I’m a Vikings fan and was kind of annoyed. This makes sense though.
In the post-game handshake it appeared Campbell said something apologetically to O'Connell who completely shrugged it off. I'll bet that was it

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

So was Jim jones

So classy

I hope so. Most season wins in franchise history. First division title in 30 years. First home field playoff game at Ford Field. Pretty damn good accomplishments and it ain't over.
No after today it’s over because tilty McHardnose got his te hurt for nothing

Injuries happen and we had something to play for.

Brock Wright is out, James Mitchell and a practice squad guy were the only other TEs available.

Hope LaPorta is ok, but DC should not get any criticism for playing his guys with a potential second round home game on the line. Philly is getting blown out, Dallas is struggling to get by the Commanders.

Brock Wright is out, James Mitchell and a practice squad guy were the only other TEs available.

Hope LaPorta is ok, but DC should not get any criticism for playing his guys with a potential second round home game on the line. Philly is getting blown out, Dallas is struggling to get by the Commanders.
Hyperextended knee and bone bruise. Likely not seeing him in the playoffs unless he's an amazing healer.

ETA: Unless they go to the Super Bowl

Think most felt like Eagles could get beat since they have looked like one of the worst teams lately so why sit when it’s a toss up cowboys game made zero sense

:goodposting:

Hyperextended knee and bone bruise. Likely not seeing him in the playoffs unless he's an amazing healer.

ETA: Unless they go to the Super Bowl

It’s within the range of outcomes it’s the MCL & he’s back after a week. Ragnow had a meniscus cleanup and missed one game.

Likely worse but we’ll see. Hopefully nothing that affects him for the start of the 2024 season.

The surest sign that the Lions have arrived is that we now haters that pop up in all the Lions threads.

Welcome guys, I look forward to your contributions in the coming weeks and years.

They’re in a good place with their roster construction. Still need to add pieces in FA & the draft but Holmes has a good track record.

Will lose the OC and possibly the DC but that’s s.o.p. when you have a good franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread