What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Vikings at Lions** (-3.5, 46) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

It's really a can't win situation. If you rest everyone and then look rusty next week in a playoff loss everyone will blame that. If you play everyone and an injury occurs then it's the same thing if it costs them going forward.

Maybe they should go back to a 16 game season. Doesn’t really help this situation but 16 was the way.

Getting a better seed was still too low a percentage to lose your star TE..
If they knew he was going to get hurt, they would have sat him. How do you not play for the 2 seed even if it’s a longshot?
They publicly declared how they value a seed in Dallas by going for 2 from the 7 yard line.

And yes I know they got a play in after that, half the distance to the goal, you're saying you dont want to play OT in that spot.

You had a better chance taking Dallas in OT than hitting that play

If they knew he was going to get hurt, they would have sat him. How do you not play for the 2 seed even if it’s a longshot?
They publicly declared how they value a seed in Dallas by going for 2 from the 7 yard line.

And yes I know they got a play in after that, half the distance to the goal, you're saying you dont want to play OT in that spot.

They are always going to make whatever the most aggressive call is. That’s just their mentality. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but it’s better than being too conservative that’s for sure.

They are always going to make whatever the most aggressive call is. That’s just their mentality. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but it’s better than being too conservative that’s for sure.
I wouldn't say its better than being conservative as a blanket statement but agree to disagree.

The still employ a punter don't they? If its all gas no brake, cut your punter.

At the end of the day, all choices are a balance of risk/reward. Personally, I didn't mind them going for 2 at the end of the Dallas game, it seemed to be he was saying he wanted a definitive outcome in regulation time. You're saving the cost of OT, etc. But one can't argue for the strategy of it, there was no analytic to support that choice. He played a hunch, his gut or he wanted a definitive outcome.

What I REALLY suspect happened is he went on tilt and went for 2 from the 7. It happens. But the die was cast and the bed was made. You've got a real team with a real chance to get to an NFC title game or more and there was next to no reward for this risk. Washington is resting players, to hurt your team this season and next, its mind boggling.

But he'll now be the case study for a generation of why you dont do what he did.

Remember when the announcer was saying in the first half about what a great job the lions were doing on JJ?

Dan Campbell is a leader of men.

Dan Campbell is a leader of men.
So was Jim jones

Was LaPorta still chasing any stats?

I can't believe this happened I feel dreadful for Detroit but totally self inflicted
Lions trying to get a better seed right?
Would need dal AND phi to lose to go from 3 to 2
yes. Similar to Pittsburgh their odds weren’t good getting in. Don’t assume you won’t better your team chances and sit.
One team is out, one team is in. Thats apples to shoes.

Khalif Raymond down.
Another injury in a game that likely won’t matter
Tell that to the 5-11 Titans who are beating the Jaguars. You play to win
Uh, unlike the Titans, Detroit has a game to play next weekend. They won’t have months and months to recover.
Uh, not my point.

The Titans just proved that crappy teams with nothing to play for can beat division leaders and completely change the playoff picture.

Users who are viewing this thread