What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Business TravelGuys (1 Viewer)

Made it to ConciergeKey this year apparently. Pretty cool so far. Like I was aware of it, and there's the obvious boarding thing and such but man is it a whole other level of service. They text me when I get to the airport to see if I need anything. It actually is surprisingly nice to not have to try and hold a spot near the line to make sure you board early enough in your group to ensure overhead space.

But then the upgrade priority jump, the waitlist/booking for a flight jump (flight cancelled, they will bump someone else to get you on next plane) and the like...wow. I'm also opening us up to more flights on family travel with tight connections because they'll do a plane-to-plane transfer via SUV on the tarmac. Can't wait to report back on that one.
Thats some major BS right there on the airlines part.

$200 hotel credit (but only for their collections, I probably won't use this one)

Don’t sleep on this. You also get a $100 food/service credit. If you use Fine Hotels and Resorts, specifically, you can not only get 5X AMEX points for the purchase, but if the hotel is part of a chain for which you already get rewards points, you’ll get those too. It’s great for a weekend or even midweek mini-vacay to a resort you might not have done otherwise.

Well shoot. Was looking forward to a steak and some beers at the only place in tiny Ozona, TX tonight. Maybe watch the 1st half of the Mavs/Wolves game.

CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS!

I was so looking forward to it since I last dined at this spot in 1996 whilest on a cross-country trip with a college buddy.

Only place in town that has a bar. I am going to end up getting a 6-pack of beer and taking it to a Mexican restaurant and will watch the game in my hotel room. Oof... luxury biz travel.

Well shoot. Was looking forward to a steak and some beers at the only place in tiny Ozona, TX tonight. Maybe watch the 1st half of the Mavs/Wolves game.

CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS!

I was so looking forward to it since I last dined at this spot in 1996 whilest on a cross-country trip with a college buddy.

Only place in town that has a bar. I am going to end up getting a 6-pack of beer and taking it to a Mexican restaurant and will watch the game in my hotel room. Oof... luxury biz travel.
You're living right @nirad3 :lmao:

Just came back from a trip to Minneapolis then to Toronto. Was actually perfect weather in both places for a change, took in the falls and had a fairly good couple of meals while in Canada along with a lot of 23oz Molson. Will be making the trip once a quarter for a while now so starting to learn the lay of the land. Off to Appleton, WI next month for a whirlwind 4 day trip to Miller Electric to become a welder :thumbup::oldunsure:

Looking for a bullet proof carry on. My current Swiss Gear 7272 is fine but it ain't gonna make it given the abuse I'm putting it through. It's flexible hard sided plastic and I just know one of these days it's going to explode and I'm going to be screwed. One of the issues is I have pack steel toed boots most everywhere I go so I've had to get creative with space. Looking to upgrade to metal if possible and still keep it within the boundaries of not super expensive.

CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS!

You're living right @nirad3 :lmao:

Just came back from a trip to Minneapolis then to Toronto. Was actually perfect weather in both places for a change, took in the falls and had a fairly good couple of meals while in Canada along with a lot of 23oz Molson. Will be making the trip once a quarter for a while now so starting to learn the lay of the land. Off to Appleton, WI next month for a whirlwind 4 day trip to Miller Electric to become a welder :thumbup::oldunsure:
I was also in Toronto during that 1996 cross-country jaunt. Spent my "magic birthday" (23 on the 23rd of July) there, and had MANY Molsons. Man those Molson Triple-X (not sure if they even still make those) were strong!

I try to do it right! :excited: :excited: :suds:

CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS!

Ooof. I spent a night in Ozona once. Was riding my motorcycle with my brother from Alpine to Houston and hit sideways rain barely above freezing. First hotel we saw outside of Ft. Stockton was in Ozona. I think we must have both been so beat we didn't even try to find a bar. I do remember putting my soaked boots in the dryer and it sounded like I had a couple small children in there.

CLOSED ON WEDNESDAYS!

Ooof. I spent a night in Ozona once. Was riding my motorcycle with my brother from Alpine to Houston and hit sideways rain barely above freezing. First hotel we saw outside of Ft. Stockton was in Ozona. I think we must have both been so beat we didn't even try to find a bar. I do remember putting my soaked boots in the dryer and it sounded like I had a couple small children in there.
The Holiday Inn Express is actually quite decent. Just no bars in town, even in a spot that's close to 3,000 in population. I figure the spot I was fixin' to go to is the hoppin' "bar" in town. I should have done my research and scheduled myself to be here on a Thursday instead. Live and learn. I'll make the best of it!

Looking for a bullet proof carry on. My current Swiss Gear 7272 is fine but it ain't gonna make it given the abuse I'm putting it through. It's flexible hard sided plastic and I just know one of these days it's going to explode and I'm going to be screwed. One of the issues is I have pack steel toed boots most everywhere I go so I've had to get creative with space. Looking to upgrade to metal if possible and still keep it within the boundaries of not super expensive.
I pack steel toes in my suitcase with regularity. And workout shoes. And a weeks worth of clothes for work, workout, and leisure.

I have the Tumi sized for biggest possible carry in. Bought it in 2016. It’s been incredible.

Under $100/year at this point. Given I’m at around 6 years of just over 2 flights a week ~40 weeks a year…it’s probably around 300 flights. So $2/flight or so and showing no end in sight.

Fantastic value.

I pack steel toes in my suitcase with regularity. And workout shoes. And a weeks worth of clothes for work, workout, and leisure.

I have the Tumi sized for biggest possible carry in. Bought it in 2016. It’s been incredible.

Under $100/year at this point. Given I’m at around 6 years of just over 2 flights a week ~40 weeks a year…it’s probably around 300 flights. So $2/flight or so and showing no end in sight.

Fantastic value.
I sport a Tumi backpack, if I get a Tumi carry on would I be considered metro?

Fantastic value.
idk what metro means. But their backpacks do tend to nicely attach to the suitcases I think. I have a cheap travel backpack.

Fantastic value.
idk what metro means. But their backpacks do tend to nicely attach to the suitcases I think. I have a cheap travel backpack.
Which one you rocking? https://www.tumi.com/c/luggage/carryon-luggage/international/

Fantastic value.
Which one you rocking? https://www.tumi.com/c/luggage/carryon-luggage/international/
This one looks like a slightly updated version of what I have: https://www.tumi.com/p/international-expandable-4-wheeled-carry-on-01171541041/

I have used the expandable part for bigger, longer trips if I was gonna have to check anyway, and got like a full second week's worth of clothes in there.

Users who are viewing this thread