What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Dez bryant Right now (1 Viewer)

He had 8 catches last night for 100+.
How is this an opportunity to buy low? Bryant's owner likely paid a relatively high price for him in your draft or auction, and he finally put up a starter-worthy performance. The time to buy low was two weeks ago. If the Bryant owner in your league is looking to sell right now, he's going to want to "sell high" after last night's performance.
:goodposting: That, and if the Bryant owner actually watched the game last night, he noticed two things:1) Right after Bryant totally botched a play, Romo came right back to him.2) He was on the field constantly - more than virtually any other Dallas receiver. (I'd have to check snap counts to verify, but I'd guess more than any other guy other than Witten).Despite how bad he has looked at times, it is obvious that the Cowboys, and more importantly, Romo, trust him and are going to continue to try to get him the ball. He is hardly "buy low" - unless his owner is a complete moron (FF - I know his NFL owner is).

Moss and Owens were boneheads? Maybe. This is a matter of whether Bryant can figure out the offense and focus on the play at hand. That was never the concern with Moss or Owens. Obviously Moss could focus whenever he felt like it. When is Dez going to have a dominant game already? It's year 3 and he has never had a game half as good as Moss's primetime debut at Lambeau. Hell he has never had a game 1/3 as good as that. Just give us one awesome game, one time. Not an adequate box score---a great game.

So Bryant received a lot of attention last night. OK. How do you lose the QB's attention? By doing all the awful stuff he did last night. Forget the box score and the pick six. He had way too many awful plays. How many third down conversions did he lose? A third down pass hit him in the face. That other ball went through his hands. He gets the penalty late in the game.

I'm not saying he's worthless or to sell at all costs but let's not sugarcoat things. It's not a good sign that he finally gets a second 100 yard game and deserves a ton of criticism for playing like crap. That's not a sign of an upswing. He's a huge disappointment. When I've watched him I don't see a star who makes some boneheaded plays, I see someone habitually screwing up. Romo can throw to other people. Yes he gave Dez a lot of targets last night and this generated a lot more Dez mistakes.

I also don't think widespread complaining about a receiver means they are getting massive attention. The whole country isn't talking about Bryant anyway, but look---James Jones has received so much criticism over the years and has never even been the #2 target on his team. (Probably never even the #3 target, either, excluding games where people were injured.)

All that said, Bryant's total stats over his first 3 seasons are quite strong. If you think the targets will be there, buy him. But Romo has usually not focused on Dez, and after last night, why should he? He has other options.

Last edited by a moderator:
A number of posts here continue to misrepresent that Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity.

If I can attempt to paraphrase, Shutout is suggesting that Bryant's value is on the upswing, so that buying now is a wise investment. In that sense, Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity compared to what the price for Bryant will be in a few weeks. It's a subtle but important difference.

You can agree or disagree with Shutout's opinion of Bryant's value and where it is headed, but it would be nice if people could quote Shutout and not the misrepresentations of what he did NOT say.

'Johnny Blood said:
It's not a good sign that he finally gets a second 100 yard game and deserves a ton of criticism for playing like crap.
I find this statement very provocative. Perhaps Bryant gets this criticism because of unrealistic expectations and overrating of his talent level. However, it's also quite telling about Bryant's ceiling that he gets criticized for failing to do more than get the 105 yards he did.I think the criticism of Bryant is deserved and the people who believe he is overrated and not capitalizing on his potential are absolutely correct. However, in the fantasy football world, he remains a high-ceiling player. In redrafts, he was valued as a WR2 entering this season, which I think is still accurate. He has instead performed more like a WR3 so far, so clearly he has been disappointing, although it's mostly a function of no TDs. However, there's no doubt for me that Bryant can be a top 10 receiver for the rest of the season. If he repeats history, he will fail to take advantage of his opportunity, but what separates Bryant is that he remains more likely to get that opportunity for top 10 production than most of the rest of the lower WR2 and WR3 cohort.I'd love to see Bryant step up and become the dominant wide receiver his potential suggests, but until he does, he'll pretty much be what he's been for the last 20 games, a tease. That said, as long as the price is right, I'll be happy to take him and all the drama for the WR2 I believe he is and the WR1 he clearly could be. Perhaps you can only feel that way if you got Bryant for a bargain, or at least reduced, price.

The guy is a knucklehead, he can't remember any of the routes he is supposed to run, he can't stay out of trouble oh and most importaint Romo has ZERO trust in him.

Don't waste your time with this guy on your team.

'The Jerk said:
A number of posts here continue to misrepresent that Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity.If I can attempt to paraphrase, Shutout is suggesting that Bryant's value is on the upswing, so that buying now is a wise investment. In that sense, Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity compared to what the price for Bryant will be in a few weeks. It's a subtle but important difference.You can agree or disagree with Shutout's opinion of Bryant's value and where it is headed, but it would be nice if people could quote Shutout and not the misrepresentations of what he did NOT say.
yes, Thanks :) . I've seen that 3-4 times so far. Yes, its a "buy now" for increasing value, not a "buy low".

'Johnny Blood said:
It's not a good sign that he finally gets a second 100 yard game and deserves a ton of criticism for playing like crap.
I find this statement very provocative. Perhaps Bryant gets this criticism because of unrealistic expectations and overrating of his talent level. However, it's also quite telling about Bryant's ceiling that he gets criticized for failing to do more than get the 105 yards he did.I think the criticism of Bryant is deserved and the people who believe he is overrated and not capitalizing on his potential are absolutely correct. However, in the fantasy football world, he remains a high-ceiling player. In redrafts, he was valued as a WR2 entering this season, which I think is still accurate. He has instead performed more like a WR3 so far, so clearly he has been disappointing, although it's mostly a function of no TDs. However, there's no doubt for me that Bryant can be a top 10 receiver for the rest of the season. If he repeats history, he will fail to take advantage of his opportunity, but what separates Bryant is that he remains more likely to get that opportunity for top 10 production than most of the rest of the lower WR2 and WR3 cohort.

I'd love to see Bryant step up and become the dominant wide receiver his potential suggests, but until he does, he'll pretty much be what he's been for the last 20 games, a tease. That said, as long as the price is right, I'll be happy to take him and all the drama for the WR2 I believe he is and the WR1 he clearly could be. Perhaps you can only feel that way if you got Bryant for a bargain, or at least reduced, price.
Well said. Yes, that's one of the underlying points in this: to get people to remove the emotional attachment with this guy (because, let's face it, he is very polarizing to people in fantasy) and just kind of see what he is and can be.In a lot of ways, he is a victim of his own expectations because even when he catches 8 balls and goes for 100+, the only thing being talked about is how he is a knucklehead or people are questioning his focus, desire, etc. But because he was supposed to be the next great thing, based on all his hype, people have soured on him and unless Dez puts up 9/170/2 TDs, he's not what they want. But what they GET might just be pretty danged good if they would take a moment to examine it. If this was any other player without a lot of hype that just popped up this type of game, there would be multiple threads about him today talking him up, and people would be forecaasting "Yeah, man! I think this is his "coming out party"! I think he can maintain this all year!" But because his name is dez, he's glossed over. If this had been Jerome Simpson or Kendall wright or someone like that, the reviews would have been overwhelmingly positive and any mistakes would have been dismissed all together. Instead of "Yeah, and DEZ even dropped that big play...guy's got no focus!", it would have been "Yeah! And had he made that one catch, he would have been even better! Choo Choo! I'm on the train!"

The guy is a knucklehead, he can't remember any of the routes he is supposed to run, he can't stay out of trouble oh and most importaint Romo has ZERO trust in him.Don't waste your time with this guy on your team.
Yeah..all this is clearly obvious based on the FACTs that he played more downs that any other WR last night and Romo consistently looked his way first and targeted him more than anyone else. Don't let your biases and pre-conceived notions get in the way of the facts here.

'The Jerk said:
A number of posts here continue to misrepresent that Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity.If I can attempt to paraphrase, Shutout is suggesting that Bryant's value is on the upswing, so that buying now is a wise investment. In that sense, Shutout is calling now a buy low opportunity compared to what the price for Bryant will be in a few weeks. It's a subtle but important difference.You can agree or disagree with Shutout's opinion of Bryant's value and where it is headed, but it would be nice if people could quote Shutout and not the misrepresentations of what he did NOT say.
yes, Thanks :) . I've seen that 3-4 times so far. Yes, its a "buy now" for increasing value, not a "buy low".
Hold up a second. In most redraft leagues, he was drafted with the expectation of somehwere in the WR14-18 - so a solid WR2. And you see his value increasing? So in your opinion he's a WR1 going forward? And you presume his owner will trade him as a WR2? While I do agree that owners should explore the option of trading for him given what I posted above - I don't see them getting the value they would have to pay. They will likely need to pay borderline WR1 cost - and there is no way, IMHO, that he outperforms that cost - at it? Maybe - if everything goes right. If they can get him for WR2 cost, then fine - but that's doubtful.

'The Jerk said:
Hold up a second. In most redraft leagues, he was drafted with the expectation of somehwere in the WR14-18 - so a solid WR2. And you see his value increasing? So in your opinion he's a WR1 going forward? And you presume his owner will trade him as a WR2? While I do agree that owners should explore the option of trading for him given what I posted above - I don't see them getting the value they would have to pay. They will likely need to pay borderline WR1 cost - and there is no way, IMHO, that he outperforms that cost - at it? Maybe - if everything goes right. If they can get him for WR2 cost, then fine - but that's doubtful.
I would pay mid-range WR2 value for him, hoping to get high WR2 or low WR1 production. Shutout may differ, but I agree with you that paying a near WR1 price would not be worth the investment. My impression of Shutout's position is that in a few weeks, you will need to pay high WR2 or low WR1 for him, but right now, he's still at mid-WR2 or maybe ever so slightly lower.

Officially not in his corner anymore... It feels good

This is eerily similar to Jermichael Finley,which I also fell for..and still do fall for every so often.

I love Dez Bryant... But his inconsistency is beginning to fray his career path.

'Johnny Blood said:
I find this statement very provocative. Perhaps Bryant gets this criticism because of unrealistic expectations and overrating of his talent level. However, it's also quite telling about Bryant's ceiling that he gets criticized for failing to do more than get the 105 yards he did.I think the criticism of Bryant is deserved and the people who believe he is overrated and not capitalizing on his potential are absolutely correct. However, in the fantasy football world, he remains a high-ceiling player. In redrafts, he was valued as a WR2 entering this season, which I think is still accurate. He has instead performed more like a WR3 so far, so clearly he has been disappointing, although it's mostly a function of no TDs. However, there's no doubt for me that Bryant can be a top 10 receiver for the rest of the season. If he repeats history, he will fail to take advantage of his opportunity, but what separates Bryant is that he remains more likely to get that opportunity for top 10 production than most of the rest of the lower WR2 and WR3 cohort.

I'd love to see Bryant step up and become the dominant wide receiver his potential suggests, but until he does, he'll pretty much be what he's been for the last 20 games, a tease. That said, as long as the price is right, I'll be happy to take him and all the drama for the WR2 I believe he is and the WR1 he clearly could be. Perhaps you can only feel that way if you got Bryant for a bargain, or at least reduced, price.
Well said. Yes, that's one of the underlying points in this: to get people to remove the emotional attachment with this guy (because, let's face it, he is very polarizing to people in fantasy) and just kind of see what he is and can be.In a lot of ways, he is a victim of his own expectations because even when he catches 8 balls and goes for 100+, the only thing being talked about is how he is a knucklehead or people are questioning his focus, desire, etc. But because he was supposed to be the next great thing, based on all his hype, people have soured on him and unless Dez puts up 9/170/2 TDs, he's not what they want. But what they GET might just be pretty danged good if they would take a moment to examine it. If this was any other player without a lot of hype that just popped up this type of game, there would be multiple threads about him today talking him up, and people would be forecaasting "Yeah, man! I think this is his "coming out party"! I think he can maintain this all year!" But because his name is dez, he's glossed over. If this had been Jerome Simpson or Kendall wright or someone like that, the reviews would have been overwhelmingly positive and any mistakes would have been dismissed all together. Instead of "Yeah, and DEZ even dropped that big play...guy's got no focus!", it would have been "Yeah! And had he made that one catch, he would have been even better! Choo Choo! I'm on the train!"
I don't know, I did notice Miles Austin was an after thought,but Dez had some very, very critical drops.

'The Jerk said:
I Do see his value increasing but you bring out a point I should clarify. I play almost exclusively in large dynasty leagues so a lot of times when I post, i am thinking in terms of dynasty. So when I posted on this, I was really thinking in terms of what it took to draft him in dynasty, what people have asked for him so far, and recently it seemed to me that the asking price had come down quite a bit and, at that price, I would want to buy him now, looking forward in dynasties. I should clarify that.

'The Jerk said:
I Do see his value increasing but you bring out a point I should clarify. I play almost exclusively in large dynasty leagues so a lot of times when I post, i am thinking in terms of dynasty. So when I posted on this, I was really thinking in terms of what it took to draft him in dynasty, what people have asked for him so far, and recently it seemed to me that the asking price had come down quite a bit and, at that price, I would want to buy him now, looking forward in dynasties. I should clarify that.
No - that's cool. Yes, in dynasty leagues he holds more value as he could become Romo's #1 target. Austin is 4 years older than Dez and seems to constantly be hampered by leg problems. Sure, his value in dynasty is higher - I agree with that.

Traded Lloyd+Hunter for him to Gore owner in a HP scoring league. Was glad to be rid of Lloyd. I don't see his role increasing much from where it is now with Hernandez expected back soon and Welker back to normal.

I came away from the game with same impression as OP. Mainly because Dallas kept going back to him after he made mistakes. Don't know about next season but it seems like for this season they are committed to making him work. I think given the way their season is heading they need to know whether they want to renew him, and he will continue to get a lot of targets. He also seems to be maturing at least to the point where he is upset with his own lack of performance. Seemed to be the case Monday night.

just traded him for Roth in a keeper league. I've had him since his rookie year and I love the potential...with Stafford struggling and on a bye I needed to try and sure up my QB situation and I'm deep enough at WR that he wasn't going to be starting for me. Hate giving up on the potential but it's just not happening and it definitely should be now.

This is more Cowboys fan than FF, but it's all related......

I want him to succeed as much as anyone. What I saw monday night was a guy who is just not progressing. Romo understands what D's are doing and he adjusts at the LOS. Dez just doesnt get it. He is going to have to make big strides mentally if he's going to be anything more than what he is right now. I'm not sure how Dez will handle the low points. If he has a few bad games he may melt down.........I dunno, I'm not sellin on him yet, but as a fan I'm starting to wish we would have used the pick for a safety or O-line........

From an NFL perpective he's a borderline failure.

But what I saw was a team that kept going back to him despite his mistakes, at least during that game.

Is it a mistake to think that will continue? Are they thinking of demoting him or benching him?

This is more Cowboys fan than FF, but it's all related......

I want him to succeed as much as anyone. What I saw monday night was a guy who is just not progressing. Romo understands what D's are doing and he adjusts at the LOS. Dez just doesnt get it. He is going to have to make big strides mentally if he's going to be anything more than what he is right now. I'm not sure how Dez will handle the low points. If he has a few bad games he may melt down.........I dunno, I'm not sellin on him yet, but as a fan I'm starting to wish we would have used the pick for a safety or O-line........
If you go back and look through the Dez threads, someone posted, just yesterday, two video clips that showed that the mistake Romo made on that pick 6 is the same exact one he made last year against the Lions. I give romo a lot of credit, but the point I'm making is I don't think we can just speak in absolute terms and say that Romo gets it and understands and dez doesn't. But, again, the bigger picture is "pay attention to his use". They are using him and in the majority of the time he is the first read. We can pick nits and talk about his character and all these things and ask if the past will repeat, but from a FF perspective, he is rising.

But what I saw was a team that kept going back to him despite his mistakes, at least during that game.

Is it a mistake to think that will continue? Are they thinking of demoting him or benching him?
For all the things said and pointed (and counter-pointed) about Dez by everyone weighing in, I think this is an area that is being glossed over but is an extremely important factor in the equation. If nothing else, one thing you have in Dez is you know he's not going to be benched for multiple games anytime soon. Jerry Jones and his ego are as invested in this guy as anyone has ever been. He will go the extra mile to prove himself right. On some teams, with some players, a guy might get opportunities and not seize them and eventually just be put in the back seat, but does anyone really believe that the cowboys are going to go into games each and every week and we are ever going to hear the commentators talk about how Holmes or Ogletree have subplanted Dez? Or that "the Cowboys brought in Buress because of dez's struggles."? Its not going to happen.

This is a terrible posting. He's averaged over 55 yards and .5 TDs per game over his first two seasons, and is on pace for an 80 catch 1000 yard 3rd year (the zero TDs thus far is variance which should even out). He's probably ahead of the curve overall for a mid/late 1st round pick at WR - particularly one competing with a Pro Bowl WR and TE for looks.The question is whether he has the mental makeup to take the next step, from good NFL (and fantasy) starting WR to perennial Pro Bowler / stud fantasy WR1.

I know we're supposed to see Bryant as the hands-of-stone/no-skills lump next to Austin's good-hands/good-routes pro.

After 4 games

Bryant: 33 targets, 21 catches, 63.6% receiving

Austin: 29 targets, 18 catches, 62.1% receiving

Last year:

Bryant: 103 targets, 63 catches, 61.2% receiving

Austin: 73 targets, 43 catches, 58.7% receiving

So is Bryant just getting 'easier' passes thrown to him? His YPC is only 12.8 to Austin's 16.7.

Is Romo just more accurate when throwing to Bryant, or is Bryant better able to get open, creating easy catches that he can then flub?

I know we're supposed to see Bryant as the hands-of-stone/no-skills lump next to Austin's good-hands/good-routes pro.

After 4 games

Last year:

So is Bryant just getting 'easier' passes thrown to him? His YPC is only 12.8 to Austin's 16.7.

Is Romo just more accurate when throwing to Bryant, or is Bryant better able to get open, creating easy catches that he can then flub?
Dez Bryant had the 2nd lowest drop percentage in the NFL last year.

After 4 games

Last year:

Those facts are cool and stuff, but you are missing the bigger picture. People don't like his attitude so that means he is terrible. It is okay that he put up over 900 yards and 9 TDs on just over 100 targets last year, but the main thing is he sometimes looks like he is not totally focused and has been seen wearing his hat sideways. Clearly a bust.

After 4 games

Last year:

Those facts are cool and stuff, but you are missing the bigger picture. People don't like his attitude so that means he is terrible. It is okay that he put up over 900 yards and 9 TDs on just over 100 targets last year, but the main thing is he sometimes looks like he is not totally focused and has been seen wearing his hat sideways. Clearly a bust.
If Dez is a bust (and in PPR he is not performing horribly), the result for Blackmon is a Super Bust.

This is more Cowboys fan than FF, but it's all related......I want him to succeed as much as anyone. What I saw monday night was a guy who is just not progressing. Romo understands what D's are doing and he adjusts at the LOS. Dez just doesnt get it. He is going to have to make big strides mentally if he's going to be anything more than what he is right now. I'm not sure how Dez will handle the low points. If he has a few bad games he may melt down.........I dunno, I'm not sellin on him yet, but as a fan I'm starting to wish we would have used the pick for a safety or O-line........
I think Monday Night was a wake up call for Dez. Although he made mistakes, he also made some nice catches and played hard. I really believe he will get his head on straight and be a top 10 receiver from here on out.

He reminds me of Roy Williams. I don't care about his stats, he's garbage. Those drops were just ugly. Brian Hartline put up over 200 yards. Bryant going for 100 doesn't really impress me.

EDIT: Bryant and Hartline have the same number of 100 yard games.

This guy is garbage get over it
The comment lacks class, but is not inaccurate.Dez has gotten away with things that would have got many other WR's benched long time ago.by misreading a play, he zigged when he shoulda zagged and as a result, Romo threw a pick (I think it was a pick 6 but dont remember clearly)he took a dumb penalty in not getting set properly at the line.made some bad drops. continues to misread plays, and just isnt getting the job done.It would appear his life is a train wreck off the field as well.This guy is a problem waiting to happen. Dont get me wrong, I was dumb enough to pick him in one of my pools and I'm trying to unload him now while I can. He's talented. I'm talking Terrel Owens Talented, but seems to lack the work ethic and drive to be the best that Owens had. dont get me wrong, Owens had his problems too, but at least he was able to bring it on the field.I say you're smart to sell high while he has value.

I posted in the other Dez thread. I'll summarize that here. Dez was emotionally a child when he was drafted. He's been growing up but he's obviously still got a long way to go. By all accounts, he worked hard this offseason. Probably for the first time in his life. He's learning what it means to work. What it means to face adversity and overcome it. But it takes more than one offseason for anyone to get there. I'm not sure people realize just how far he's had to come and needs to come to get where we want him to be.

The question is whether he will continue to work and try to improve. If the effort and will to improve are there, I don't think anyone would doubt that he'll continue to improve. If he checks out, then what you see is what you'll get.

I came across this link talking about his response to the adversity of Monday Night. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/jason-garrett-dez-bryant-brings-a-great-attitude-during-practices-meetings-and-games.html/

Bryant didn’t seem to be frustrated as he and Romo calmly talked over the mistake on the sideline. The Cowboys scored a touchdown on their next possession and Bryant caught two passes on the drive.

“Dez has a great attitude,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. “He has a great attitude in practice and meetings and certainly during the game. He’s very passionate about the game and we love that, we love passion in our players, and we love passion in our team.

“But Dez is a guy who is learning the game, is understanding things. I thought the communication was really good in responding to what happened on that particular play, and I thought our team responded well.”

Despite appearing dejected, sitting at his locker with his head down after the majority of his teammates had already exited Cowboys Stadium Monday night, Bryant tried to keep a positive attitude.

“Everybody knows this is a long season,” Bryant said. “We’d be crazy if we continue to stress over this instead of just trying to get better and get past this. I feel like we are mentally tough and we’re going to get through it and we’re going to get ready for Baltimore.”

To me, this is a sign that he's trying. He's working on improving. If this is truly the case, then I believe the odds are better than not that the best is still ahead for him.

Got him straight up for quizz from the turner owner. Worth the risk at that price for sure. Although the other owner literally thanked me for taking him off his team haha

His owners still value him greatly. In a 10 team keep 2 standard no PPR Yahoo league start 3 wr's and a flex I just traded Alf for Dez. Needed a starting WR badly (Colston, Garcon, Titus)and Dez's upside is enticing and worth the loss of RB depth for an every week WR start. I was floating Alf for a WR for 2 weeks and had no bites before I initiated this trade.

His owners still value him greatly.
That's what I'm seeing in all of my dynasty leagues. Young WR1 pricetag.I'd send a scrub like Jacquizz Rodgers or Shanny's flavor of the month Alfred Morris off for him instantly in dynasty. And the other dude would be blasted for getting raped by everyone else.

His owners still value him greatly.
That's what I'm seeing in all of my dynasty leagues. Young WR1 pricetag.I'd send a scrub like Jacquizz Rodgers or Shanny's flavor of the month Alfred Morris off for him instantly in dynasty. And the other dude would be blasted for getting raped by everyone else.
Some, not all. I dealt him preseason for Decker and a 3rd round pick - IDP league, so 3rd has value. The potential is enormous, but it's getting harder and harder to believe he'll ever realize it with each passing underwhelming performance.

Officially not in his corner anymore... It feels goodThis is eerily similar to Jermichael Finley,which I also fell for..and still do fall for every so often.I love Dez Bryant... But his inconsistency is beginning to fray his career path.
I was thinking the same thing...I would not get rid of him though, the potential is too high. In any event, people who drafted Bryant should have covered themselves by drafting other wrs capable of being a wr2. For a skilled fantasy player, this is not that hard because there are tons of high upside wrs and some of them are hitting pretty well.

I find this to be incredibly irresponsible reporting, basically trying to engineer controversy out of thin air:

DAL - QB Tony Romo losing faith in WR Dez Bryant?

Source: ESPNDallas.com - Tim MacMahon

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant caught eight passes for a career-high 105 yards in Week 4; however, he had three costly drops: one resulted in the team punting, one forced the offense to settle for a field goal and one could have been a touchdown pass on a deep ball. QB Tony Romo may lose trust in Bryant, although Bryant thinks that will not be the case. 'Not at all,' Bryant said. 'I don’t think so, because I think Tony believes in me. He knows what kind of guy I am.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Romo doesn't have any better options right now. The Cowboys QB will continue to force feed the rock to Bryant, even though his concentration is hit and miss.

So basically the ESPN reporter asks Bryant if he's worried about Romo losing trust in him. The answer comes back negative, yet the headline clearly suggests there is an indication that Romo is losing faith in Bryant, Horrible, desperate journalism.

I posted in the other Dez thread. I'll summarize that here. Dez was emotionally a child when he was drafted. He's been growing up but he's obviously still got a long way to go. By all accounts, he worked hard this offseason. Probably for the first time in his life. He's learning what it means to work. What it means to face adversity and overcome it. But it takes more than one offseason for anyone to get there. I'm not sure people realize just how far he's had to come and needs to come to get where we want him to be.

The question is whether he will continue to work and try to improve. If the effort and will to improve are there, I don't think anyone would doubt that he'll continue to improve. If he checks out, then what you see is what you'll get.

I came across this link talking about his response to the adversity of Monday Night. http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/jason-garrett-dez-bryant-brings-a-great-attitude-during-practices-meetings-and-games.html/

Bryant didn’t seem to be frustrated as he and Romo calmly talked over the mistake on the sideline. The Cowboys scored a touchdown on their next possession and Bryant caught two passes on the drive.

“Dez has a great attitude,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. “He has a great attitude in practice and meetings and certainly during the game. He’s very passionate about the game and we love that, we love passion in our players, and we love passion in our team.

“But Dez is a guy who is learning the game, is understanding things. I thought the communication was really good in responding to what happened on that particular play, and I thought our team responded well.”

Despite appearing dejected, sitting at his locker with his head down after the majority of his teammates had already exited Cowboys Stadium Monday night, Bryant tried to keep a positive attitude.

“Everybody knows this is a long season,” Bryant said. “We’d be crazy if we continue to stress over this instead of just trying to get better and get past this. I feel like we are mentally tough and we’re going to get through it and we’re going to get ready for Baltimore.”

To me, this is a sign that he's trying. He's working on improving. If this is truly the case, then I believe the odds are better than not that the best is still ahead for him.
I take words with a grain of salt. The way he's been on the field and the team providing baby sitters for him say he's not improving.

I find this to be incredibly irresponsible reporting, basically trying to engineer controversy out of thin air:

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant caught eight passes for a career-high 105 yards in Week 4; however, he had three costly drops: one resulted in the team punting, one forced the offense to settle for a field goal and one could have been a touchdown pass on a deep ball. QB Tony Romo may lose trust in Bryant, although Bryant thinks that will not be the case. 'Not at all,' Bryant said. 'I don’t think so, because I think Tony believes in me. He knows what kind of guy I am.'

Romo doesn't have any better options right now. The Cowboys QB will continue to force feed the rock to Bryant, even though his concentration is hit and miss.

So basically the ESPN reporter asks Bryant if he's worried about Romo losing trust in him. The answer comes back negative, yet the headline clearly suggests there is an indication that Romo is losing faith in Bryant, Horrible, desperate journalism.
What a ####### joke. :lol:

Romo lost faith in Dez and he got 13 targets. :confused:

'SameSongNDance said:
'Clifford said:

What a ####### joke. :lol:
:lol: ALMOST as bad as the FBG daily poomail

For those of you tracking value, this trade happened in my league yesterday prior to the game. 12 team, combo, no ppr.

Team A gives

R Williams

James Jones

Team B gives

Dez Bryant

Daniel Thomas

'Clifford said:

welcome to the internet.

He reminds me of Roy Williams. I don't care about his stats, he's garbage. Those drops were just ugly. Brian Hartline put up over 200 yards. Bryant going for 100 doesn't really impress me.EDIT: Bryant and Hartline have the same number of 100 yard games.
seriously, post of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread