What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (6 Viewers)

When filling out a form with my address. Why do I have to provide my town & state when I'm also providing my zip code?
I have taken to giving my house number and street and then my zip code, pausing and then providing city and state if they need it. Which they don't. My city is an odd Hispanic name and I have to spell it everytime. Sometimes I have to resort to phonetic spelling.

Maybe I'm old and grumpier or my wife has changed over the years, admittedly maybe I'm just a POS but my wife can't sit in silence and it drives me insane. Wife visited friends in Florida. Left Friday afternoon, picked her up this morning. You would think I haven't seen her for weeks. Talked the entire 30 minutes home, then the next 1.5 hours sitting here on the couch. I honestly don't care even a little what her friends new house looks like. Or where they ate dinner or whatever.....I legitimately don't care...... Yes I'm the ahole but maybe the 30+ years are getting to me 😂.....great lady but man can she talk about nothing for a long time

Maybe I'm old and grumpier or my wife has changed over the years, admittedly maybe I'm just a POS but my wife can't sit in silence and it drives me insane. Wife visited friends in Florida. Left Friday afternoon, picked her up this morning. You would think I haven't seen her for weeks. Talked the entire 30 minutes home, then the next 1.5 hours sitting here on the couch. I honestly don't care even a little what her friends new house looks like. Or where they ate dinner or whatever.....I legitimately don't care...... Yes I'm the ahole but maybe the 30+ years are getting to me 😂.....great lady but man can she talk about nothing for a long time
my wife went on one of these talking benders one day and i quipped that i finally understood those cliched scenes of old men sitting at a restaurant stone faced with their wives just gabbing away at them.

she didn't understand at all what i meant and explained that to me for a good hour at least.

pretty ****ing sick of people telling me to "just sign up for X" music/tv service instead of having cable

"dude, just get youtubetv and netflix and hulu and paramount and disney and espn+ and peacock nstead of cable". sure. it will cost.. roughly? the same but in 6 months each of them ups their rates, changes the terms of service, you have to pay a premium to get what you had before and/or they pile on unblockable ads mid-show. and in a year paramount won't exist anymore but so what.. you can just sign up for 2 years of MGM+ since they are buying the HGTV channel and Amazon owns them both so you can get a discount on Prime shipping + get that channel for $29/month instead of $49.

and why would i have a radio without Sirius? and if you're going to get it just get premium service for multiple vehicles + home. it's only $69 a month.

and why am i using an Android phone instead of an iPhone? Android doesn't even have the extra 2 pixels that the iPhone 15a(1).2 has this month. and they're even adding another pixel to the 15a(2).11.a in 3 months, but you'll have to buy the new phone to get that and a new charger because your old one won't be compatible. thankfully it's only $119 a month for the service and a new phone is just $1200, or $1600 if you want a color other than black... and who just wants a black phone when you get custom design your own color combo for another $400 + $19 a month??

sure, i'll cut back on my extravagant $13/day Starbucks habit to partially fund mby new $982/month tv & radio subscription package that i clearly need to have because everyone else has it.

and i can pay the bills in person driving my 2024 vehicle with the 6-year loan at $820 a month.

i'm a well heeled FBG after all who just ****ing ****s money, these are things everyone has and it's important that i do what everyone else obviously does because, duh.

oh, and how can i forget subscription services to operate my dishwasher, fridge, hvac and oven. there are apps for all those things that you can just pay for instead of manually operating them like some plebe. which, of course i won't really need anyways because my grubhub subscription delivers me food daily and my maid subscription cleans up after me. it's all on an app, i just have to pay to skip the ads on it before i order a meal and watch a short video to unlock the box the food comes in.

Something happens to the female brain when it engages in conversation with other females for a protracted length of time. The verbal mind gets to be like a runaway semi on a steep downhill grade - it takes a lot to stop it.

My wife too came home from a girl's trip to Florida. This was the resultant conversation when she got back to our house

Wow, we got our money's worth with that last one.
you should sign up for furley premium you get three times the anger without any ads for 14 months at which time it auto renews for an additional 48 months at the normal rate of 49 bucks a month take that to the bank bromigo
for a special one-time charge of $999 i can fire straight rage directly in your voicemail on command

my wife went on one of these talking benders one day and i quipped that i finally understood those cliched scenes of old men sitting at a restaurant stone faced with their wives just gabbing away at them.

she didn't understand at all what i meant and explained that to me for a good hour at least.

Reminds me of one of the greatest commercials ever.

Reminds me of one of the greatest commercials ever.
this right here is was and forever will be the greatest commercial of all time take that to the bank shukemigo

Got an Amazon delivery today but the wrong item got left on my porch. Why do they want to charge me $7.99 to have them come pick it up? The only free options are to go drop it off at a UPS or Amazon store. It should'nt cost any of my time or money to fix their mistake. I should just be able to leave the item on my porch and have the driver take it when delivering the correct item.

really hate to hear they have started this ...man nothing good lasts very long

it's just going to get worse from here - now they have so much market power, they'll start ripping out all the critical pieces that made them who they are

just like Southwest Airlines - they were cheaper, but better service, and their Frequent Flyer program was incredible - no more, any of it ...but it went away piece by piece

My wife has finally realized that Amazon is not cheap anymore. I saw this coming years ago and I now do most of my shopping in person.

I’m not making a dent or difference but :shrug:

I assume this only happens to me, but why does the other drive through lane ALWAYS go faster than the one I'm in?

Adding insult to injury... just went through one this morning. There was a car ordering in one lane, so I went in the other. No other cars waiting. First car finishes and pulls up. 2 minutes go by... and still nobody taking my order. Another car then pulls into the now empty lane and immediately is asked for his order. WTF?

People who wait until the very last item is scanned at the grocery check out before making the first move towards their wallet, checkbook, cash in their sock, whatever
These people seem to look surprised that there is an expectation of payment upon checkout.
And they move at a glacial pace let me assure you.
Sale items expire to full price by the time some of these people manage to swipe their card or god forbid write a check.

-I have a chip in the card, I just hold it near the keypad after the 1st item is scanned, I'm waiting on the clerk, they're not waiting on me to pull out my wallet.

People who wait until the very last item is scanned at the grocery check out before making the first move towards their wallet, checkbook, cash in their sock, whatever
These people seem to look surprised that there is an expectation of payment upon checkout.
Sale items expire to full price by the time some of these people manage to swipe their card or god forbid write a check.

-I have a chip in the card, I just hold it near the keypad after the 1st item is scanned, I'm waiting on the clerk, they're not waiting on me to pull out my wallet.

Can we also add people who argue about old/expired/wrong coupons. They sit there and argue over a 5 cent difference. The time you wasted arguing over it cost you more than 5 cents.

Went to a work conference today. All conferences MUST follow these rules with respect to badges. I will brook no dissent:
  • The largest item on the badge must be the person's name. Don't give me a giant conference logo and then the name in microscopic type. This is especially important for a) people like me who have trouble placing faces and rely on nametags to jog my memory, and b) men who want to learn the names of female attendees without having to lean in and squint as they scrutinize the women's chests
  • If you're using a lanyard to secure the badge, you need to print the same thing on both sides. Nametags don't do much good when they inevitably flip around. If you're using clips to affix the badge, one side is acceptable. But then you're making it hard on attendees (especially women) who don't have a lapel or breast pocket to clip the badge onto. So stick with the lanyards and two-sided printing
  • Put a bin right at the conference exit and encourage people to leave their badges as they depart. Not all badges will be reusable, and I have no idea if the plastic is recyclable. What I am sure of is that a badge is far more useful sitting in a bin with a bunch of other badges than it is sitting on the floor of my car for the next month

When filling out a form with my address. Why do I have to provide my town & state when I'm also providing my zip code?
I once worked for an online startup that redid its registration form and used an Ajax lookup so that, when people entered their zip, it would automatically populate the city and state, which was super convenient. That was more than 15 years ago, and I can't recall seeing it since then. Maybe the tech behind it turned out to be kludgy or something?

Related: online forms that ask you to enter, say, your phone number or SSN and then spit back an error message because you didn't put it in the right format. If I enter "1234567890" your software should automatically be able to translate that to "123-456-7890" rather than asking me to input the hyphens

I once worked for an online startup that redid its registration form and used an Ajax lookup so that, when people entered their zip, it would automatically populate the city and state, which was super convenient. That was more than 15 years ago, and I can't recall seeing it since then. Maybe the tech behind it turned out to be kludgy or something?

Related: online forms that ask you to enter, say, your phone number or SSN and then spit back an error message because you didn't put it in the right format. If I enter "1234567890" your software should automatically be able to translate that to "123-456-7890" rather than asking me to input the hyphens
And those damn verification things that tell you to “click on every square that has a bus” and you wonder if you need to click on the square that has a sliver of the bumper in it.

The usage of “bad actors” to describe people who don’t act according to the way the one speaking wants or expects them to act.

And those damn verification things that tell you to “click on every square that has a bus” and you wonder if you need to click on the square that has a sliver of the bumper in it.
I might start listing captcha as a 2nd language on my resume.

Florida = old people = people who still write checks at supermarkets. You take this on when you choose to live there.

Went to a work conference today. All conferences MUST follow these rules with respect to badges. I will brook no dissent:
  • The largest item on the badge must be the person's name. Don't give me a giant conference logo and then the name in microscopic type. This is especially important for a) people like me who have trouble placing faces and rely on nametags to jog my memory, and b) men who want to learn the names of female attendees without having to lean in and squint as they scrutinize the women's chests
  • If you're using a lanyard to secure the badge, you need to print the same thing on both sides. Nametags don't do much good when they inevitably flip around. If you're using clips to affix the badge, one side is acceptable. But then you're making it hard on attendees (especially women) who don't have a lapel or breast pocket to clip the badge onto. So stick with the lanyards and two-sided printing
  • Put a bin right at the conference exit and encourage people to leave their badges as they depart. Not all badges will be reusable, and I have no idea if the plastic is recyclable. What I am sure of is that a badge is far more useful sitting in a bin with a bunch of other badges than it is sitting on the floor of my car for the next month
My most recent conference did 1 and 3, but not 2 (one-sided printing with lanyard).

Good stuff. I used to have an event planning team and appreciate attention to detail like this.

I think I might secretly be a robot since I more than occasionally fail those captcha things.

This is probably more of a Miami thing, but today I had a breakfast meeting where they served empanadas. When you get a breakfast burrito or a breakfast taco, they usually have something breakfasty in them, like eggs. But breakfast empanadas are literally the same ones you would get if you ordered them later in the day: chicken, spinach, ham and cheese. For some reason, I just find that wrong

This is probably more of a Miami thing, but today I had a breakfast meeting where they served empanadas. When you get a breakfast burrito or a breakfast taco, they usually have something breakfasty in them, like eggs. But breakfast empanadas are literally the same ones you would get if you ordered them later in the day: chicken, spinach, ham and cheese. For some reason, I just find that wrong
Gotta go with you there. That's just lunch.

Gotta go with you there. That's just lunch.
Good point. If they had put out tuna sandwiches or turkey wraps, no one would have considered that acceptable. This is no different

I’ve never had a breakfast burrito where I didn’t wish it was just a regular burrito. Adding the word breakfast in front of an item usually ruins it for me.

I’ve never had a breakfast burrito where I didn’t wish it was just a regular burrito. Adding the word breakfast in front of an item usually ruins it for me.

Oh, I dunno about all this....some eggs, sausage, potatoes with salsa, cheese and other goodies? Pure heaven!
I mean it’s not bad, but there is no breakfast burrito as good as a good mission style burrito.

Oh, I dunno about all this....some eggs, sausage, potatoes with salsa, cheese and other goodies? Pure heaven!
I mean it’s not bad, but there is no breakfast burrito as good as a good mission style burrito.

Meet me at Pioneer Square by sundown. We fighting!

Meet me at Pioneer Square by sundown. We fighting!
That part of Portland is way too dangerous to go to a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread