What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP (1 Viewer)

We lost a family friend to suicide last year. Reminded me of Shining Path. This guy was a really good person who was going through a tough period in his life. The line is so thin..if they could have just made it through that one really dark day or two things would have probably worked out fine.

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I returned to the boards for the first time yesterday after a seven year hiatus. My first order of business was checking to see which of my favorite posters were still active. I was pleased to see many familiar names and avatars still doing their thing, but there was one poster in particular I wanted to check on--Shining Path. I saw from his profile that he hadn't been active in a long time and I was a little disappointed, but it wasn't until today that I found this thread and learned why. It affected me much more than I would have thought. I was always more of a lurker back in the day, but I had a number of interactions with S.P. and was a tremendous fan of his wit, intelligence, and easy-going nature. This is a punch to the gut, for sure. A very belated RIP to one of the greatest FBGs of all time.

This was one of my favorite Sp posts ever. It combined science, history, and some humor....

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
I've found wiping thoroughly to be, well, pretty great.
:goodposting: If you're leaving regular skid marks, you're nasty. Sharts happen, but a daily smudge? Gross.
You've obviously never used government issue TP. I was on the DL for a week one time with an ###### tear. No way you can clean your pooper correctly with that stuff. Afghan/Eastern European TP, and your hand in Africa fall into this category as well.
A little chafing is well worth it. I have a strategy for maximal cornhole cleanliness. When you fold the TP and go for the final few swipes, use the second knuckle (from the tip) of your middle finger to wedge the paper up there a tad. Then clench up and use the power of your own sphincter to blot on the paper. You can have everything clean up to a full quarter inch into the poop channel. Better a little blood shed with pre-emptive aggression than a brownish mess later. The Western powers learned this valuable lesson at Munich in 1938.
This is the one I'll always remember. Freaking hilarious...
:lmao:

The "Western powers learned this valuable lesson at Munich in 1938" part moves it from grinning while you're reading to full out laughter. Just great stuff.

Shiney, you are missed.

SaveFerrisB said:
Here's an old school shining path moment...Years ago, there was a thread about a guy from Wisconsin who had averaged at least one Big Mac per day for over 20 years, and downed his 20,000th lifetime Big Mac. The guy knew the exact number because he had a Big Mac eating journal that logged each and every Big Mac consumed. Upon hearing the news of the big Mac journal, shining path commented, "This guy also has a journal recording all of his sexual encounters, but that one has 19,999 fewer entries."

This was one of my favorite Sp posts ever. It combined science, history, and some humor....

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
:goodposting: If you're leaving regular skid marks, you're nasty. Sharts happen, but a daily smudge? Gross.
You've obviously never used government issue TP. I was on the DL for a week one time with an ###### tear. No way you can clean your pooper correctly with that stuff. Afghan/Eastern European TP, and your hand in Africa fall into this category as well.
A little chafing is well worth it. I have a strategy for maximal cornhole cleanliness. When you fold the TP and go for the final few swipes, use the second knuckle (from the tip) of your middle finger to wedge the paper up there a tad. Then clench up and use the power of your own sphincter to blot on the paper. You can have everything clean up to a full quarter inch into the poop channel. Better a little blood shed with pre-emptive aggression than a brownish mess later. The Western powers learned this valuable lesson at Munich in 1938.
I am pretty particular about cleaning up after #2, and I was just thinking about this post about a week ago when wiping.

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
I am pretty particular about cleaning up after #2, and I was just thinking about this post about a week ago when wiping.
Is it wrong that I think of it almost every freaking time?

I guess that demonstrates just how much the dude could reach you and leave a mark even with the most ridiculous of topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

shining path said:
Doctor Detroit said:
shining path said:
McBokonon said:
Is it wrong that I think of it almost every freaking time?
No. I think of it frequently. This particular occasion, I was in a hotel bathroom and didn't have access to my normal assortment of anal cleaners so the idea of wedging it up there with my knuckle was very prominent in my mind.

For some reason, the one I always think of -- especially during March Madness -- was this post where he described how North Carolina (I think it was) pulled out this awesome win with a big three late, or something. He gave a nice recap of the game. Can't remember the details or the player but it's always cracked me up because, well, I believed it...it ended up it was a dream or more likely, what he wanted to happen. They hadn't played yet.

For some reason, the one I always think of -- especially during March Madness -- was this post where he described how North Carolina (I think it was) pulled out this awesome win with a big three late, or something. He gave a nice recap of the game. Can't remember the details or the player but it's always cracked me up because, well, I believed it...it ended up it was a dream or more likely, what he wanted to happen. They hadn't played yet.
:lol:

Someone bump that post from the guy who was trying to describe to his wife why he was upset over Shiny. Was it Leroy Hoard? That gets me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread