What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I don't know if it's still up there, but in the first few pages Greg R had a link on how to do it.  Once you have it down, it's incredibly easy (bring up settings / click google play sign-in to read "disconnected" / click google play sign-in again (brings up "choose account for google play games) / select "add account")
Greg r link is broken

I delete and reinstall to add new Google acct and when I choose new Google account it still brings me back to my original village

I made this point on GME.  Don't go nuts.

Find the very best group of 4-11-15 11-10-9 you can put together by next Friday and hit the button when everyone else does.  

If you can pull a 4-26 together that's great, but my guess is getting 30 together will be a challenge and I would suggest taking the highest weight highest hero you can find because I'm pretty confident everyone else will too.  

The only restrictions is no .5 that's not because they aren't allowed it's just that they want people to match easily and .5 are causing matchmaking issues right now.
Can we start putting this together?

11's is kinda easy with highest weight being Smack, Me, Va, and Lord Ryan all maxed heroes except for a few levels from LR on BK.

10's - Tam, Ani, Jason, Bandits, SMN, Cliff, Black Box - most of these have close to max heroes or 30+ at least. We need 4 more 10's.

9's - no clue on hero levels. Getting enough 9's will be a challenge I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
just doing some rough numbers here.   Short on the 10s and 9s at the moment so would need a few from Honda if they aren't planning to participate.

th11 (need 4) - doc va smack sml (sitting LR, Crook, AZ, cjay)

th10 (need 11) - Animator, BB, Jason (if he cancels th11), me, bandits, channing, SMN, War, Buck, Cliff, jordan?, g1?, shammy? (lomax will be on vacation)

th9 (need 15) - RCP, Red, yank, Odin, Deadhead, uhm, Ramsay, Overkill, yoga, speed, jr, gaspumper, shuke
Here is the list. Jason did cancel so he is available but Jordan and g1 don't have infernos, black box said he can only give half attention, and we are way short on max 9s since my guess is others will be rolling with about 12 max D ones (hero levels idk) 

After laboring to max my walls and heroes for over a year at TH9, I'm probably going to TH10 in a few weeks after I finish up my walls, heroes will only be 20/24 but thems the brakes.

I've been stockpiling gems for almost 2 years specifically for this transition and have over 5K gems.

I have two questions...

1) what should be my upgrade/ purchase strategy??  I'm thinking something like the following...

A) attacking troops

B) Attacking Spells

C) Camps

D) Collectors, particularly DE

E) Key defensive structures(infernos, third xbow etc.)

F) Level 8 Walls for new wall pieces

2) What is the best use of my gems, I've read several times that boosting barracks and hero heals is the best way to quickly accumulate resources but thought I'd ask in case I missed something.

Also, since Honda only has one active TH11 and no active TH10s, is my upgrading gonna screw up the clan weight dynamic??  For now I'm thinking about opting out of wars until I get the bulletpoints above addressed so I'm not a drag on our wars, I'm a mediocre attacker at best...is this the right way to be thinking about it?

JR and Shuke being 8.5s could be tough.

I think @Gamma1210 said he'd build infernos if necessary.
First priority is trying to at least accomplish 66k 15/15+ at a bare minimum.  When dealing with clans with that many TH11s you aren't going to find lightweight 9s in the mix.  Usually you will have heavier 9s that can hit TH10s and 11s.  I'll ask what the participation is shaping up to be like.  

TH10 upgrade priorities:

Spell Factory (Gem this for sure)

Research lab

Camps

Clan Castle 

Best use of gems is time; either in the research lab or heros. Never gem resources or boost collectors. Boost spells and gigob.

TH10 upgrade priorities:

Spell Factory (Gem this for sure)

Research lab

Camps

Clan Castle 

Best use of gems is time; either in the research lab or heros. Never gem resources or boost collectors. Boost spells and gigob.
Why is the spell factory so important, because of freeze?

Just do valks in the lab, you can wait to drop infernos really forever. 9.5 is super powerful since the last update, you might catch a mismatch or two but you'll win out overall.  You can be quite productive in war straight away with max valks so even if you catch a mismatch you can overcome it instantly.  

Lab order really at this point probably looks like

Valks then max freeze out or else do the GiGob set.  

You can dip easily with valks, but once you have your farming stuff up do hounds.

Golems are absolutely optional at this point.  There's no reason to EVER take more than one golem for any TH for any reason.  So use the lab time for stuff you can't get in your CC in numbers you need for war first or else use for farming.  

Jump is an underrated spell now, it's a quick lab time and you need it for valks. max jump lasts all day.  Well worth it.

Golem4 to 5 is 420hp (300 for the golem, 60 for each golemite) and 4 DPS. 100% worthless. Better stuff to spend lab time on.
Evidenced by people at TH9 aren't even taking them as their CC anymore. It's either hogs or valks+3Wbs.  

Someone in chat yesterday said it best, if you are taking two golems into war you are driving around with the parking brake on.  

Early indications are that 10 clans are participating in your weight class.  I can put out a shout for TH9 subs if you would like.  Looks like I'm in a war with OneHive Invicta that will conflict but certainly can help plan and #### as required.

Devin - AQ30/BK25 68k says he'll join you all.  I'm rounding up others.  

Ok, within like 5 minutes had like half a dozen solid 9s chime in and say they want to go.  It looks like the heavy weight class is where everyone wants to be.  

It's sort of funny, I've started getting people asking me about fbgs all the time.  You all have been deemed an unofficial red headed stepsister rwcs clan.  They find the whole thing really interesting.  They still talk about Yoga Pants, alot.  

Update coming to reduce build times and hero recovery times significantly. About time.

We have a small balancing update going out that is all about time! Full armies will be ready much faster, the Bowler gets a minor buff, and matchmaking search timeouts have been increased for top players.

• 2x faster brewing for all Spells
  • 2x faster training for Dragon, Witch and Wall Breaker
  • 3x faster training for Golem, Lava Hound and P.E.K.K.A
  • Hugely reduced Hero regeneration times
  • Faster training also for Balloon, Wizard, Healer, Valkyrie and Bowler
We're looking to get players battling with full and well-balanced armies much more often than before. Waiting several hours for heavy armies will be a thing of the past. Army building boosts still provide a 4x speed boost atop this - blazing fast!

• Gameplay balance: Bowler starts attacking much faster when reaching a target The Bowler landed a bit softer than he would have liked. While we continue to watch how strategies evolve with this new troop, a faster first-attack speed (similar to the recent Valkyrie buff) will make sure Bowlers don't lag behind the rest of the army.
  • Maximum timeout searching for opponents raised from 5 to 30 minutes This change mainly affects players at very high Trophy counts who are familiar with waiting in the clouds for targets. Previously, the game would ask you to tap a “Retry” button after a 5-minute matchmaking timeout. Now that tap is only required every 30 minutes to keep on searching.

About f'n time

Wow... with a well-placed boost or three you'll be able to hit with a full army every ten minutes or so.

Aside from the general improvements, it makes pushing to higher levels for the gem bonuses much more appealing.

I delete and reinstall to add new Google acct and when I choose new Google account it still brings me back to my original village
The way I add a brand new account on my droid is:

settings / apps / clash of clans / clear cache and clear data / start clash / add account / existing account / enter email

that starts it off from the beginning.  Sometimes the new game starts without asking you to add your account info.  No problem, just go through the game prompts until you can click in game settings, Google connect, add account, type in your other gmail account.  That's now the account for that village

Over 30 clans are signed up for the first fairplay potluck this weeekend.  In two weeks they are planning another and will do them every other weekend indefinitely.  I am in a different war this weekend but probably will find one of these for the next time out.  

Do you all have the roster sort of squared away?  If you still want to do it i can get some ringers over.

Was looking forward to the FPC tourney this weekend - sux we can't make the TH numbers work.

I'm with doc - if they are looking for more max TH11's would love to participate.

I mean we can make it work if culd gets us a bunch of subs. But I think just guessing we need like 4 10s and 5 9s or something (just rough estimates) 

We are thinned out a bit.  Two prior arranged pulled 70 people in and already sent surplus to others in this event.  I think at this point everyone is booked.

One thing that's been pointed out is that if people search again after the first search odds are will get a hit with someone else. 

Users who are viewing this thread