What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (3 Viewers)

I'm confused by the part of this thread that involves anybody anywhere thinking AJ McCarron is a potential franchise QB
Hey, people are talking about Kap for god sake's. And he's horrible.
AJ isn't a franchise QB, he's not a starting QB, he's a backup and only worth a late pick if someone is in the market. Hue knows him better than anyone but if a delusional Bengal fan thinks the Browns would fork over a 3rd or 4th round pick then its a laughable take.

Kap was mentioned by more than one person who is familiar with Hue's interest when he came out and where he made glowing comments about Kap but that was from a few years ago. Those comments were brought up and Hue did indeed like Kap a lot but things have changed. Also the Niners have stated they want to keep him but it sounds like they are trolling up interest for a passible trade because reports have come out about how coaches would just walk away from Kap if he approached them on the sidelines. His time in San Fran is over, they don't want him.

Per Hue's interest now. I doubt it because his system requires a pocket passer according to reports and Kap will never be a pocket passer. If Kap was a rookie coming into the league where an OC was projecting him to learn to be a pocket passer then that is one thing but Kap has shown he isn't that sort of quarterback. Oh and Kap is scheduled to make $14 million if he's still on the roster before the draft so that isn't going to happen. If Hue really wants him then he will probably be able to get him but I doubt it.

I liked the DePodesta signing and I like hiring Jackson too. There is definitely reason to be excited and optimistic. However as long as Haslam is the owner I will need to see success in order to believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused by the part of this thread that involves anybody anywhere thinking AJ McCarron is a potential franchise QB
AJ isn't a franchise QB, he's not a starting QB, he's a backup and only worth a late pick if someone is in the market. Hue knows him better than anyone but if a delusional Bengal fan thinks the Browns would fork over a 3rd or 4th round pick then its a laughable take.

Kap was mentioned by more than one person who is familiar with Hue's interest when he came out and where he made glowing comments about Kap but that was from a few years ago. Those comments were brought up and Hue did indeed like Kap a lot but things have changed. Also the Niners have stated they want to keep him but it sounds like they are trolling up interest for a passible trade because reports have come out about how coaches would just walk away from Kap if he approached them on the sidelines. His time in San Fran is over, they don't want him.

Per Hue's interest now. I doubt it because his system requires a pocket passer according to reports and Kap will never be a pocket passer. If Kap was a rookie coming into the league where an OC was projecting him to learn to be a pocket passer then that is one thing but Kap has shown he isn't that sort of quarterback. Oh and Kap is scheduled to make $14 million if he's still on the roster before the draft so that isn't going to happen. If Hue really wants him then he will probably be able to get him but I doubt it.
Which is why DePodesta is on board to avert any irrational decisions.

Cute? Sure, maybe. But Bosa then trading up for a qb is a potential play. For the love of God just please don't trade up to 22 though.

Hue is a good coach.

Hue is lacking as a head coach.

Hue has his own very rough style. Either it resonates with a a player or alienates them.

My opinion (and its nothing more then that) is that this isn't going to work.

*I dont wish anything negative to you or your team outside of us being division revivals.

Hue is a good coach.

Hue has his own very rough style. Either it resonates with a a player or alienates them.

*I dont wish anything negative to you or your team outside of us being division revivals.
Having said that... is GOFF a natural born take-charge leader type of QB?

If so, that actually goes a long way in this entire Hue/Browns success scenario.

Hue is a good coach.

Why?

imo, nothing you said above the bolded really tells me why.

Hue is a good coach.

Why?

Because he is more a friend with a strong attitude then a natural born leader.

As I said... he will be hit and miss on who he reaches. With where the Browns are right now, too many will be alienated by his style.

And the Browns need someone fully in-charge that the team can follow with no doubts.

That's not Hue. Unless, as I stated, he had a QB or someone else who can be the actual point man.

imo

Hue is a good coach.

Why?

Because he is more a friend with a strong attitude then a natural born leader.

As I said... he will be hit and miss on who he reaches. With where the Browns are right now, too many will be alienated by his style.

And the Browns need someone fully in-charge that the team can follow with no doubts.

That's not Hue. Unless, as I stated, he had a QB or someone else who can be the actual point man.

imo
Lots and lots of people from all walks of the NFL spectrum think this was a great hire. Former players have staunchly come out of the woodwork to praise the hire.

In Oakland the situation was chaotic with the passing of Al Davis. A power vacuum formed and Hue tried to fill it and was behind the trade of Carson Palmer. At the time it didn't work out so ownership passed the GM baton to someone who wanted his guy as the head coach. It created an untenable atmosphere however Carson has played great in Arizona so Hue has been proven correct on the biggest personnel move he made.

One of the reasons why he chose the Browns is because they offered significant say in personnel matters.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/report-eagles-made-late-call-hue-jackson

...According to FoxSports' Mike Garafolo, a reason the Browns were a contender for Jackson was because they offered a big say in personnel control. That is something the Eagles don't seem ready to give to any head coach they hire this time around.
I don't know where you got the information about him not being a leader. Never heard anything along those lines but many have said just the opposite that he is a strong leader.

ftr Bracie, on occasion I get really good intel from the Raiders offices. I know some peeps. ;)

But yeah I also think Hue would have been a great hire... but for certain teams (giants for one). I don't like this fit.

But I will say this "CURRENTLY I AM WRONG". Hue as of this moment is Aces. :pics:

Better?

ftr Bracie, on occasion I get really good intel from the Raiders offices. I know some peeps. ;)

But yeah I also think Hue would have been a great hire... but for certain teams (giants for one). I don't like this fit.

But I will say this "CURRENTLY I AM WRONG". Hue as of this moment is Aces. :pics:

Better?
If you don't think Hue is a good hire then who would have been?

I pegged it as a pipe dream a week ago, but there were really only three hires that would give this fanbase any sense of optimism - Hue, Gase, and Chip. In that order. Anyone else and we'd just be waiting two more years to flush them away and start over again for the 9th time.

Better?
My ego isn't at stake on what you said. If you think he's not a leader and is more of a friend that alienates some players then it doesn't mean he will fail because I bet all NFL head coaches have lots of players who feel alienated where some love their HC. Basically its context of what you said.

Now if you have a lie to the Oakland front office is what I said about the power vacuum wrong where Hue made the push for Carson Palmer and then when the new GM was hired he wanted his own guy?

At the time Hue made the move for Palmer it didn't work and I think that is the main reason why it didn't work in Oakland. Also Hue did 'act out' a bit at that time when things were unravelling and that is my main concern with the hire but not that his style might favor some and alienate other players. I imagine that is far more common all over the league so I don't think its an issue with Hue that we have to be concerned over. My main concern is he threw his entire team under the bus late in the year when they were out of it.

Better?
If you don't think Hue is a good hire then who would have been?

I pegged it as a pipe dream a week ago, but there were really only three hires that would give this fanbase any sense of optimism - Hue, Gase, and Chip. In that order. Anyone else and we'd just be waiting two more years to flush them away and start over again for the 9th time.
I think Coughlin with him hand selecting his replacement (transfer in 3 to 5 years) would have been perfect. As a Steeler fan, I would not have been happy.

Better?
My ego isn't at stake on what you said. If you think he's not a leader and is more of a friend that alienates some players then it doesn't mean he will fail because I bet all NFL head coaches have lots of players who feel alienated where some love their HC. Basically its context of what you said.

Now if you have a lie to the Oakland front office is what I said about the power vacuum wrong where Hue made the push for Carson Palmer and then when the new GM was hired he wanted his own guy?

At the time Hue made the move for Palmer it didn't work and I think that is the main reason why it didn't work in Oakland. Also Hue did 'act out' a bit at that time when things were unravelling and that is my main concern with the hire but not that his style might favor some and alienate other players. I imagine that is far more common all over the league so I don't think its an issue with Hue that we have to be concerned over. My main concern is he threw his entire team under the bus late in the year when they were out of it.
Correct. It absolutely doesn't. And he will certainly eat, drink, breathe football and the Browns. He is an all-consuming type.

Better?

Correct. It absolutely doesn't. And he will certainly eat, drink, breathe football and the Browns. He is an all-consuming type.
I EDIT: Oops. I agree that isn't a big concern but what do you know about how he acted when things got tough at the end where it seemed he threw his team under the bus?

If I'm not mistaken he is the one who said "We're the dumbest team in the NFL" or words to that effect.

Could have been a momentary glitch, kiinda like a coach stepping out on the field to try an trip a kick returner in a nationally televised game or allowing you assistants to go out on the field in a playoff game to bait PacMan, cough cough. But what is your take on how Hue acted at the end when things got tough because he is sure to face tough times in Cleveland over the next three years.

Better?

I EDIT: Oops. I agree that isn't a big concern but what do you know about how he acted when things got tough at the end where it seemed he threw his team under the bus?

If I'm not mistaken he is the one who said "We're the dumbest team in the NFL" or words to that effect.

Could have been a momentary glitch, kiinda like a coach stepping out on the field to try an trip a kick returner in a nationally televised game or allowing you assistants to go out on the field in a playoff game to bait PacMan, cough cough. But what is your take on how Hue acted at the end when things got tough because he is sure to face tough times in Cleveland over the next three years.
That was Bill Callahan

For fantasy impact you can almost guarantee the Browns sign Marvin Jones or Sanu, if not both.
Hue may also want to make a trade for AJ Mac.
Assuming AJ McCarron was a potential franchise QB (he isn't imo), why would the Bengals be willing to trade him within the division?
Not sure why that would matter if the compensation was fair. Also Hue may believe he could potentially be a franchise QB based on their experience together.
I like him but Cleveland would have to overpay. All teams need a quality backup and McCarron is cheap. Cleveland would have to pay more than you would think to get him.

Better?

That was Bill Callahan
Ahh. Well Hue reportedly did toss his team under the bus but I think it was more frustration at and in a power struggle with Reggie McKenzie when he said the following:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/01/01/jacksons-anger-on-full-display-after-raiders-loss/

The Raiders finished 8-8 with him and then went 8-26 after he left. Guys loved playing for him. He appeared right with the Carson Palmer trade where Palmer threw for over 4,000 yards and 22 TDs before McKenzie traded him away for nothing.

AJ isn't a franchise QB, he's not a starting QB, he's a backup and only worth a late pick if someone is in the market. Hue knows him better than anyone but if a delusional Bengal fan thinks the Browns would fork over a 3rd or 4th round pick then its a laughable take.Kap was mentioned by more than one person who is familiar with Hue's interest when he came out and where he made glowing comments about Kap but that was from a few years ago. Those comments were brought up and Hue did indeed like Kap a lot but things have changed. Also the Niners have stated they want to keep him but it sounds like they are trolling up interest for a passible trade because reports have come out about how coaches would just walk away from Kap if he approached them on the sidelines. His time in San Fran is over, they don't want him.

Which is why DePodesta is on board to avert any irrational decisions.
"Kap?? He doesn't even play shortstop!"

Hue made a power grab in Oakland, and lost. Mark Davis went with Reggie McKenzie.

That doesn't reflect badly on him as a coach. Most everyone took his side after he left, and it was seen as another mistake by the Raiders.

So far, it seems like McKenzie has been a good choice, but that doesn't mean that letting Hue go was a 'great' move. Players liked him, a lot.

Rumors flying about Horton returning as DC. I thought he did a good job, just couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Not to mention the offense was pretty bad and couldn't stay on the field very long. I liked the attacking style, and we still have some players that did well and were part of his scheme.

With that said, I think I would rather see Schwartz on the sideline instead. I always liked his Tenn defense back in the day.

Hue made a power grab in Oakland, and lost. Mark Davis went with Reggie McKenzie.

That doesn't reflect badly on him as a coach. Most everyone took his side after he left, and it was seen as another mistake by the Raiders.

So far, it seems like McKenzie has been a good choice, but that doesn't mean that letting Hue go was a 'great' move. Players liked him, a lot.
Hey Mass Raider,

Weren't the Raiders in salary cap hell and wasn't Reggie trying to dump contracts when he became the GM?

Per Cleveland. Jimmy Haslam has said it is going to be a rebuild that will take three years so Hue isn't under pressure to win now. He will probably have the luxury of drafting a rookie QB and have two years to develop him. The Browns are in excellent cap shape. The structure is firmly in place so there isn't a power vacuum.

Basically, Hue finds himself is a totally different situation with the Browns but wasn't the bottom line with Reggie that he was trying to get the Raiders salary cap back under control where Hue was trying to win and didn't want to get rid of his high priced guys?

-----------

Per Ray Horton coming back as DC. The defense is a mess. No one could do a worse job than JIM O'Niel IMHO. He was the worst DC I had ever seen. Ray Horton spewed too many stats to try and make his defense appear better than what it was but he is a vast improvement over Jim O'Niel but then again that isn't saying much.

Peak said:
Rumors flying about Horton returning as DC. I thought he did a good job, just couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Not to mention the offense was pretty bad and couldn't stay on the field very long. I liked the attacking style, and we still have some players that did well and were part of his scheme.

With that said, I think I would rather see Schwartz on the sideline instead. I always liked his Tenn defense back in the day.
Schwartz would mean going back to 4-3 though.

Bracie Smathers said:
massraider said:

Hey Mass Raider,

Weren't the Raiders in salary cap hell and wasn't Reggie trying to dump contracts when he became the GM?

Per Cleveland. Jimmy Haslam has said it is going to be a rebuild that will take three years so Hue isn't under pressure to win now. He will probably have the luxury of drafting a rookie QB and have two years to develop him. The Browns are in excellent cap shape. The structure is firmly in place so there isn't a power vacuum.

Basically, Hue finds himself is a totally different situation with the Browns but wasn't the bottom line with Reggie that he was trying to get the Raiders salary cap back under control where Hue was trying to win and didn't want to get rid of his high priced guys?
Yes, I don't think any problems he had in Oakland have any relevance in CLE, just repeating the narrative.

What Reggie did in Oakland was unprecedented, and cannot blame any coach for not wanting to be around for it. Hue made a play for control, and to maybe spread the cap damage down the road a bit, and Reggie wanted to go scorched earth. Credit Mark Davis for willing to suffer a lot of short term pain, and look long term.

Cleveland is not even close to as bad a shape as Oakland was back then, from a personnel and cap standpoint.

Peak said:

I don't think it would matter too much. It's not like we had a killer D running the 3-4.

If I remember correctly, Horton ran a hybrid 3-4 that showed a lot of 4-3 looks. I don't mind a 4-3, as long as you have the edge pass rushers. Maybe they would pick Bosa with their first pick and a Wentz/Cook with their 2nd?

I have read a few people talk about switching form a 3-4 to a 4-3.

Guys, it is NOT a problem. Our defense was total crap, and 35 new players will be here next year anyway.

Besides, the defense sucked anyway, so it truly does not matter if we switch even if we kept all the same players.

A little non-qb talk from Hue from his Fan interview:

Asked for the three positions on offense other than quarterback where you need great players, Jackson said tackles -- specifically on the left side -- wide receiver and running back. He elaborated on wide receivers. "I think the big guy is huge in this league," he said. "You've got to have a dominant vertical threat in the National Football League to have a good offensive team." On running backs, Jackson said he loves to have a "bellcow" that can do a little bit of everything. "We've got a couple guys I think have got a chance," Jackson said. "We just got to create the right environment for them."

First hire 'pending approval by the Vikings' to new HC Hue Jackson's coaching staff is Kirby Wilson who will 'tentatively' be in charge of the running attack.

Don't know anything about him but he coached in the AFCN with Pittsburgh and he was up for the Jaguars OC position last year so he has familiarity with the division and he must have impressed to be considered OC material so it sounds like he will be a good hire if Minnesota allows him to leave.

----------

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2016/01/15/vikings-running-back-coach-kirby-wilson-will-become-browns-running-game-coordinator-move-approved/

Vikings running back coach Kirby Wilson to become Browns running game coordinator if move approvedBy Chris Tomasson

ctomasson@pioneerpress.com

Minnesota running backs coach Kirby Wilson will join the Cleveland Browns as running game coordinator if the Vikings approve the move.

The Browns have contacted the Vikings, saying they want to hire Wilson under new coach Hue Jackson. Because Wilson is under contract and is not taking a job as a head coach, the Vikings would have to allow the move.

“Everything is set if they approve it,’’ John Wooten, chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which promotes minority hiring in the NFL, said Friday. ‘That’s the guy Cleveland wants. Kirby would coordinator their running game and it would put Kirby in a position to move up the line (in coaching).’’

Wooten had planned to talk to Vikings general manager Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer later Friday to push for Wilson, 54, to be allowed to take the job.

“It’s not a lateral move,’’ Wooten said. “We hope the Vikings will give their blessing.’’

Wilson has been with the Vikings the past two seasons. Before that, he was Pittsburgh’s running backs coach for seven years.

Wilson had interviewed last year to be Jacksonville’s offensive coordinator.

Follow Chris Tomasson at twitter.com/christomasson

Saw this article about what changes to expect with Hue Jackson on offense and the rushing attack is something Hue gives a big priority.

His first hire wasn't an offensive or defensive coordinator, it was was 'running game coordinator' so take note for future reference.

Note that Hue Jackson's entire offense is built off of the run game.

Go to the link for the full read>>>

-----------------------

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/01/14/cleveland-browns-impact-hue-jackson-offense/2/

Cleveland Browns: Impact of Hue Jackson on the Offense...Jackson’s history has been on the offensive side of the ball, so that is where the impact would be the most obvious. Both with the Oakland Raiders as a head coach and the Cincinnati Bengals as an offensive coordinator, there are some clear trends that could be on their way to Cleveland.

...Offensively, Jackson tends to favor bigger formations that are more suited to running the football. I-formations, two back sets, and an inline tight ends that suggest running the football. Along with that comes the element of play action, which is not all that different from what the Browns saw under John DeFillipo.

The difference is that the quarterback would seemingly be far more likely to take snaps under center, fake it to running backs lined up behind and go with a straight drop back style play action as opposed to the rollouts from the shotgun that Flip used last year. That is not really that big of a difference in styles.

Jackson’s history has been power football when it comes to running, using far more gap elements than the Browns have used in several years. Flip tried to use some elements of zone and gap scheme blocking, which at times, got too ambitious and stagnated. Toward the end of the year, the Browns had success with far more power elements, pulling Austin Pasztor to the right and leading Isaiah Crowell through the hole.

The Browns can play gap scheme style football with many of their offensive linemen. They are more suited to play zone scheme football, making the most of their athleticism and ability to operate in space. It will be interesting to see if Jackson insists on more power style football or if he decides to adapt the scheme to fit the players (as he should) for the best results.

Along with the running game, the usage of the running back position should be relatively similar to Flip. Giovani Bernard was used as a receiver in addition to carrying the football. They used more screen concepts than the Browns have, but Duke Johnson should be utilized as a receiving threat just as he was in his rookie year...

Peak said:
Peak said:

I don't think it would matter too much. It's not like we had a killer D running the 3-4.

If I remember correctly, Horton ran a hybrid 3-4 that showed a lot of 4-3 looks. I don't mind a 4-3, as long as you have the edge pass rushers. Maybe they would pick Bosa with their first pick and a Wentz/Cook with their 2nd?
Horton is a good coach. Danny Shelton was drafted last year to anchor a 3-4 defense. Not that he wouldn't be good in a 4-3 too but switching up the defense makes that pick a bit less valuable.

Schwartz coached players commit a lot of penalties.

@ Bracie - Kirby Wilson did a good job coaching up McKinnon and Asiata. At the same time I think he had a hands off approach with Peterson who could have used more coaching on protecting the ball and pass protection.

interview on Sirius NFL with Jackson he essentially said he would be calling plays and likely wouldn't have a real OC.

Guys, it is NOT a problem. Our defense was total crap, and 35 new players will be here next year anyway.

Besides, the defense sucked anyway, so it truly does not matter if we switch even if we kept all the same players.
I'm of the opinion that the talent on defense is better than the team stats showed the last two years under O'Neill

I am of the opinion that we don't have the right talent for a 3-4 or a 4-3, so just find a good D coordinator and roll with him, whatever he chooses.

I'm of the opinion that the talent on defense is better than the team stats showed the last two years under O'Neill
O'Neil was the worst coordinator I've ever seen. He was the worst coach I've ever seen.

Listen to our new head coach.

Mic'd up video that should start with Hue. If it doesn't then fast forward to 4:45 to hear Jackson in action.

This is a coach. >>>>

-------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b72BXfMPzHs&feature=youtu.be&t=285

Raiders Mic'd Tom Cable, Hue Jackson, Richard Seymour, Dennis Allen, Woodson, Khalil Mack

I don't think you're incorrect, but Whitner and Dansby have become liabilities. Kruger was misused, but even if he rushed the passer more is having him as your best one really a good thing? A good coaching staff could get more use out of Mingo, but how much more? I dont think the issues at corner were scheme based. It was just poor play. Gipson is the only other one I can point at and say, yeah, his dip in play was due to O'Neil. Remember that time we had TJ Ward, Jabaal Sheard, and Buster Skrine here? No stars, but if those pieces were still here then I think whatever route the new staff goes could have something useful to work from. Uphill battle for the new guys due to the personnel gaffes though. The current depth chart is mediocre at best in spots and just terrible in others.

...Whitner and Dansby have become liabilities. Kruger was misused, but even if he rushed the passer more is having him as your best one really a good thing? A good coaching staff could get more use out of Mingo, but how much more? I dont think the issues at corner were scheme based. It was just poor play. Gipson is the only other one I can point at and say, yeah, his dip in play was due to O'Neil.

Remember that time we had TJ Ward, Jabaal Sheard, and Buster Skrine here? No stars, but if those pieces were still here then I think whatever route the new staff goes could have something useful to work from. Uphill battle for the new guys due to the personnel gaffes though. The current depth chart is mediocre at best in spots and just terrible in others.
Whitner never was a good cover safety. He is an enforcer for plays in front of him over the middle and solid in run support.

Dansby is a great locker room guy but he wears down over the course of the season. He comes in prepared but is a bit light at the start of the year and then he loses weight every week so by the end of the year he is terrible against the run. Look at him late in the year and you can see that heis skinny. He reportedly was down to 223 lbs by the final game. Waaaaaaaaaay too light for a middle linebacker in a hybrid 3-4.

Just look at the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game to see the value of having a forceful leader at middle linebacker with Shazier and Burfict or look to Carolina with Kuekly or Seattle with Bobby Wagner. Teams who made the post-season with strong presences at middle linebacker. I don't think its a coincidence.

Per Krueger/Mingo. Obviously, O'Neil had no clue how to utilize the talent he had and was lining guys up incorrectly and using too many packages. He really, truly, sucked. Way too many guys running on and off the field. Guys didn't know which defense they were in. Lots of confusion. No way for anyone to get into a game flow. O'Neil really sucked and I'm still pissed that Pettine wasn't forced to get rid of him.

I wondered why we replaced TJ with an older and more expensive SS who couldn't cover as well but then I heard that TJ Ward laughed in the face of Chud and reportedly said that, 'He would be fired so he didn't have to listen to him'. You can't have insubordination like that in the locker room.

Loved Sheard but Pettine/O'Neil used him wrong. Same with Ahytaba Rubin who Seattle is using in the proper way and he has been great for them. Skrine was another misused player. They had no choice and had him as the #2 CB and many times he lined up as the #1 CB and he is terrible in that role. He had 18 pass interference penalties his last year with the Browns. He can't cover a #1 WR all game. He is a slot CB.

Mingo. Ugh. He is too skinny to set the edge. He gets blown up and you can't have that sort of liability causing breakdowns in the run game. He can't flip his hips and cover the slot WR but is effective in certain situations like goal line defense where he doesn't have to turn his back and can come forward and use his, length, speed, athleticism, in coverage. He can get 'some' heat as a pass rusher but he always seems a step away and he doesn't have a bull rush so his counter moves are limited.

A hell of a lot of the problems last year on defense were due to poor coaching. We lost guys who could play because those idiots didn't scheme them correctly. Its a rebuild on defense and it will take time.

Good post Bracie. The best part of the Browns last season were the OC & McCown. The defense was horribly undisciplined.

There's big optimism about Hue Jackson & his offensive mindset, as well as drafting a QB, but the BIG problems were on defense.

Leslie Frazier takes a secondary coach position with Balt over interviewing for our DC hole.

Where is **** Jauron these days since we are looking at Browns retreads?

He's back.

------------

Ryan Burns@FtblSickness 2m2 minutes ago
Alrighty then. Off we go. RT @H_Grove: The Browns have hired DC Ray Horton, according to the Tennessean. http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/01/17/ray-horton-insulted-titans-join-browns/78937956/?hootPostID=1d2219fed19c49da60debd8585dc25d4 #Browns

EDIT: More to the story:

First, it looks like one of our valuable free agents might stick around. He obviously likes the hire of Ray Horton and if he planned on leaving I doubt he would be this enthusiastic.

Tashaun J. Gipson SR@Gipson_duos24 4m4 minutes ago
RAYYYYY Horton!!!
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png
1f64c-1f3fe.png

Second, Horton got bypassed once again for a HC position and it didn't sit well with him.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/01/17/ray-horton-insulted-titans-join-browns/78937956/

Ray Horton 'insulted' by Titans, will join Browns... “They insulted him,” said John Wooten, chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which promotes NFL minority hiring.

“The Browns had put in a request to interview him, and then Tennessee interviewed him (for the head coaching job Saturday),” Wooten said. “And they said that they didn’t know that he had any interest in being a head coach. Well, that’s an insult to the man. That is just an insult.

“And then when he got in the interview, they seemed shocked that he was as prepared and knowledgeable and everything else at that point,” Wooten said. “And they of course already interviewed Mularkey on Friday, and they gave the job to Mularkey.”

Horton has since requested to be released from his contract. Titans president and CEO Steve Underwood told Horton his request would be granted, and Horton will join Hue Jackson’s staff in Cleveland, Wooten said.

...Horton has played for or coached alongside LeBeau in 19 of his 32 seasons in the league and has been to five Super Bowls. Horton played safety for 10 seasons with the Bengals and Cowboys. Most recently, he was a Steelers secondary coach from 2004-10, the Cardinals’ defensive coordinator under Ken Whisenhunt from 2011-12 and the Browns’ defensive coordinator under Rob Chudzinski

in 2013, prior to joining the Titans’ staff built by Whisenhunt in 2014.

The year before Horton's arrival, the Titans ranked 14th in total defense (337.9 yards allowed) and 16th in points allowed (23.8). After his first season, they ranked 27th in total defense (373) and 29th in points allowed (27.4).

...“He felt disrespected just because of the way — it’s really touchy,” Wooten said. “For them all to be in the same building and not to know what Ray Horton is about just tells you that, it’s like you don’t exist, like you’re invisible.”

And the quick about face a few hours later from Horton. So which is it? Is he going or staying? Or is this some leverage to get more $$ from Haslam?

MKC Reporting that Def Coordinator Target Horton talking extension with Titans

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Titans defensive coordinator Ray Horton disputed a report Sunday that he was insulted by the Titans initially overlooking him for their head coach vacancy, and that he has been granted permission to interview with the Browns.

Horton, whom Hue Jackson hopes to hire as his defensive coordinator according to John Wooten of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, hasn't received permission to talk to Cleveland and hasn't interviewed with Jackson yet.

Instead, he's in talks with Tennessee to remain as their coordinator under coach Mike Mularkey, who was promoted from interim coach to the full-time job on Saturday, according to ESPN.com.

"I'm not insulted," Horton told ESPN.com. "I was very happy Mrs. [Amy Adams] Strunk gave me an interview. I think she was very impressed with me. I was told some ideas I gave are going to be implemented. I'm still under contract. I'm talking about a contract extension. The insulted comment is not true. I'm very happy. I was very happy to be interviewed."

is there any chance you guys would consider editing some of the posts on this page a few of them do not have random bold or big letter words and are actually readable so if you could go back and destroy those few posts it would be great thanks in advance and take that to the bank brohans

is there any chance you guys would consider editing some of the posts on this page a few of them do not have random bold or big letter words and are actually readable so if you could go back and destroy those few posts it would be great thanks in advance and take that to the bank brohans
:lmao: :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread